2019 TENNESSEE INVITATIONAL
- November 21st-24th, 2019
- Alan Jones Aquatic Center, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- SCY, Prelims/Finals
- Meet Details
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Results on MeetMobile: 2019 UT Invite
Tennessee senior Erika Brown swam a 21.19 in the 50 free on Thursday evening at the Tennessee Invitational, which ties her as the 7th-fastest performance in history.
The swim matches the time done a night earlier by Arkansas’ Anna Hopkin as the fastest time of the 2019-2020 season. Brown’s best time, a 21.15 that she swam at last year’s SEC Championship, is the 3rd-fastest performance in history, and ranks her as the 2nd-best performer in history.
All-Time Top 10 Performances, 50 Yard Free
- Abbey Weitzeil, Cal, 2019 NCAA Championships – 21.02
- Abbey Weitzeil, Canyons Aquatic Club, 2016 American Short Course Championships – 21.12
- Erika Brown, Tennessee, 2019 SEC Championships – 21.15
- Abbey Weitzeil, Cal, 2019 Pac-12 Championships – 21.16
- Simone Manuel, Stanford, 2017 NCAA Championships – 21.17
- Simone Manuel, Stanford, 2018 NCAA Championships – 21.18
- (TIE) Erika Brown, Tennessee, 2019 Tennessee Invitational/Anna Hopkin, Arkansas, 2019 Missouri Invitational – 21.19
- Simone Manuel, Stanford, 2018 Pac-12 Championships – 21.20
- Olivia Smoliga, Georgia, 2016 NCAA Championships – 21.21
Coming out of high school, Brown’s best time in the 50 free was a 22.84. By comparison, the other Americans on this list were all substantially faster when they arrived in college. Smoliga’s best time pre-college was a 21.99, Weitzeil’s was the former American Record of 21.12, and Manuel’s was 21.70.
Brown also swam a 1:57.61 in the 200 IM in prelims on Thursday before scratching the final. She’s also scheduled to race the 100 fly, 100 back, 100 free, and 200 free this weekend; she’s the national-leader coming into the weekend in the 100 fly and 100 free as well.