The CBDA, Brazil’s National Swimming Federation, recently published its calendar of priority competitions for the 2018 season. The calendar lists both competitions held in Brazil and competitions abroad, including the Pan Pacific Championships in Tokyo, Japan, which will take place in August, as well as the South American Championships in Trujillo, Peru, in November.
Of the Youth Olympic Games, despite taking place in nearby Argentina, it appears Brazil will only be sending 8 swimmers, which are to be chosen by the Brazilian National Olympic Committee. Regarding the South American Games in Peru, Brazil will only be sending athletes from its National “B” Team, as opposed to the “Main” National Team, which will represent Brazil at the Pan Pacific Championships in Japan in August.
The calendar also states that the Brazilian National Team (“Main”) will be arriving in Sagamihara, Japan (near Tokyo) for an acclimatization camp December 3rd-10th to prepare for the 2018 FINA World Championships (SCM) in Hangzhou, China December 13th-16th.
The full calendar can be found here.
Some notable competitions on the 2018 Calendar include:
- Troféu Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, Maria Lenk Aquatic Center, April 17th – 21st
- Brazilian Youth Winter Championships, Rio de Janeiro, June 6-9
- Sette Colli International, Rome, Italy, June 30th – July 1st
- Pan Pacific Championships, Tokyo, Japan, August 9th-13th
- José Finkel Trophy, Guaratinguetá, Itaguará Country Club, August 24th-28th
- 2018 Youth Summer Olympic Games, Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 6th-18th
- South American Championships, Trujillo, Peru, November 7th-11th
- Brazil Open, Porto Alegre, December 19th-22nd
Competitions slated for the months of June, July, August, and September can be seen in the picture below (in Portuguese).