The finals of the 2015 College Station Sectionals continued tonight, with the 200 free, 200 breast, 100 fly and 400 IM individual events, as well as the 400 medley relays.
Yesterday’s 200 fly winner, Bobby Bollier claimed the 200 freestyle tonight for the men, finishing in a time of 1:51.68, knocking almost three tenths off of his best time in the last several years, which was the 1:51.94 mark his clocked at the 2013 U.S. Open.
Bollier would then go on to top the 100 butterfly field as well. His time of 53.99 was about a second and half faster than the rest of the field tonight and was only about a tenth off of his 53.82 mark fro last year’s Santa Clara Grand Prix.
Texas A&M’s Sarah Henry did some damage in the 400 IM event, winning the race in 4:42.78. This is slightly faster than the 4:43.32 mark she clocked at last year’s Santa Clara Grand Prix, as reference.
Additional wins on the night:
- SMU’s Nina Rangelova took the women’s 200 free in 2:00.81.
- Texas A&M’s Ashley McGregor, won the 200 breast in 2:31.01, with teammate Franko Jonker close behind with 2:31.69 for second place.
- Streamline Aquatics’ Thiago Parravicini was the men’s 200 breaststroke winner in a time of 2:17.80.
- Another Aggie swam away with a win, as Sarah Gibson touched in 1:00.96 in the 100 butterfly.
- Palo Alto’s Alex Liang just out-touched teammate Joseph Molinari in the 400 IM, 4:27.38 to 4:27.66 for first and second places, respectively.
- Palo Alto also swept the night’s 400 medley relays tonight, with the women winning in 4:15.70 and the men winning in 3:49.02.
Full results are available on Meet Mobile by searching “2015 Speedo Sectionals Championship Series”.