The Auburn Tigers are looking for a new assistant coach, with applications being accepted through April 20th, according to the NCAA’s public jobs listing website.
Whether this is an additional position or a replacement for a coach who is moving on is uncertain at this point, all three of Auburn’s assistants plus Associate Head Coach Frank Bradley are still listed on the Tigers’ official website; though with the late signing period opening up tomorrow, it’s no surprise that they wouldn’t formally acknowledge a turnover in their coaching staff.
With the head coaching job (and presumably the rest of the positions) opening up to the northwest in Tuscaloosa at the University of Alabama, it would be easy to speculate that the new coaching hire is connected to someone seeking out that head coaching position (as odd as it seems – it wouldn’t be a huge surprise for a coach to hop from one rival to another). Nothing firm has come out on that arena, however.
Other notable jobs open on the site include:
- An Assistant job at BYU, who has recently promoted John Powers to head coach
- Head Men’s and Women’s job at Fresno Pacific
- An Assistant coach job at Rice University in Houston
- A head women’s coach at Marshall, whose coach resigned after being arrested on allegations of smoking marijuana on campus
- Head Men’s and Women’s coach at Concordia University in Irvine, California.