2015 EUROPEAN SHORT COURSE SWIMMING CHAMPIONS AT THE WINGATE INSTITUTE IN NETANYA, ISRAEL
- Wednesday, December 2nd-6th
- Prelims at 9:30 am local (2:30 AM EST)/Finals at 5:30 pm local (10:30 am EST)
- Meet Information
- Event Timeline
- Live Stream: LEN Webcast
- Live Results
- Day 4 Finals Live Recap
Several national records fell during the fourth day of the 2015 European Short Course National Championships in Israel. In addition to some of the records that were already covered, we wanted to share a few of the other records that fell during the day.
- Alexandra Wenk took down a 9 year old German National record in the semifinal of women’s 100 butterfly. Wenk broke Antje Buschschulte’s record of 56.94 with her time of 56.48.
- Ukraine’s Andriy Govorov lowered the Ukranian national record in the men’s 50 fly final with his time of 22.36. That time was fast enough for the gold medal in the event.
- In the first semi-final of the women’s 50 meter backstroke at 2015 European Championships, Aleksandra Urbanczyk lowered her own Polish national record with 26.83. That’s .05 off the 26.88 she went in heats to qualify for semi-finals, which was the fastest she had been since breaking the Polish record at the 2009 Polish Winter Championships with 26.94. In the final, she shattered the same record for the second time with her final time of 26.27.
- The Italian 4×50 mixed freestyle relay of Federico Bocchia, Marco Orsi, Silvia Di Piertro, and Erika Ferraioli combined to lower the championship record in the event with their time of 1:29.26, breaking the previous record set by Germany in 2013 at 1:30.65.