Applications due 11/30/17
Come join our fantastic pool staff! We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and mature individuals to serve as lifeguards. The safety of our members is always on our minds. Help us keep them safe and sound!
• Must have current Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR Training
• Ellis Lifeguard Training is available through your local YGBW branch
• Up to 4 hours of additional training required EVERY month.
• Must be 15 years old or older
• Must be reliable
• Must be a team player
Come join our fantastic pool staff! We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and motivated individuals to develop the swim skills of our participants. We are seeking instructors for group classes for both day and evening. And we are seeking instructors for private lessons as well.
- 15 Years of age or older
- Demonstrate ability to relate to children and adults
- Be able to perform freestyle and backstroke
- Obtain CPR certification, First Aid, Clearances, Blood borne Pathogen training and any other training necessary to comply with YMCA aquatic standards of excellence
- Lead swim instruction to develop skills of participants
- Ensure safety of all class participants
- Communicate positively and accurately to parents
- Assist in setting up and cleaning up pool deck
- Evaluate participant’s swim ability at the end of each session to determine placement for the next session
Assistant Swim Team Coaches:
•At least 18 years of age
•Experience coaching swimmers of all ages
•Current CPR certifications
•Proven experience working with groups of children
•Ability to relate to children, parents, off site personnel and fellow staff in a mature and sensitive way, consistent with the YMCA philosophy
• Assist the head coach in delivering a high quality, safe, competitive swim program
• Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants
• Lead specialty clinics and practices
• Assist head coach in organizing and managing swimmers at meets.
• Available to work weekends
• Uphold all rules and policies of the YMCA
• Insure the safety and well being of all participants in the group
• Maintain positive relationships with all participants and lead with enthusiasm
•Fun, fast-paced work environment
•Making a difference in someone’s life everyday!
•Free individual membership with completion of New Employee Orientation. Membership only valid with active employment
How to Apply
Candidates should apply online at:
100 Devon Drive
phone: 6103639622 ext 2903