Applications due 12/31/16
Aquatics Director, Mercer Island Beach Club (MIBC)
Job Summary and Mission
The MIBC is the premier family club on the shores of Lake Washington. You will lead the aquatics operations: coach and lifeguard staffing, member satisfaction, program development and management oversight. This position reports to the General Manager and is a full time position with benefits.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Recruit, select, and manage seasonal full-time and part time swim team coaches, swim instructors and lifeguards; assign responsibilities; provide and conduct staff training to ensure knowledgeable and skillful instruction and guarding.
2. Develop swim lesson curriculum and schedule; allocate resources and motivate and instruct staff.
3. Develop swim team schedule and training regime; instruct and mentor swim team head coaches and junior coaches; monitor and assess coaching; oversee club-hosted swim meets.
4. Hire and oversee Dive Team and Water Polo coaches; plan dive and water polo training schedules.
5. Plan, monitor, and appraise job performance of aquatics staff.
6. Ensure accurate and timely records of class attendance, course outlines, time cards, work schedules and staff certifications; ensure all incident, accident and rescue reports are properly prepared, filed, and in a timely fashion, brought to the attention of the GM.
7. Effectively communicate with members, staff, volunteers, GM, opposing team counterparts and club members; maintain updated class and team schedules and calendar on the MIBC website.
8. Supervise and schedule lifeguards and assigning guard rotation to ensure pool and lake is properly staffed at all times and guards receive adequate break periods.
9. Maintain a high quality of member customer service, observing and enforcing Club standards.
10. As necessary, open and close the pool.
11. Identify potential safety concerns and accident prevention.
12. Alert facilities manager of any contamination incidents, pool chemistry issues, or swimming hazards in the lake.
13. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Summary of Experience
1. Previous swim instruction and swim instructor management experience.
2. Understanding of lifeguarding rules and regulations.
3. Experience creating and managing complex schedules.
4. Certified for CPR and Lifeguarding.
1. Effectively manage aquatics operation independently
2. Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
3. Ability to manage resources to ensure expected service levels are achieved and maintained at all times.
4. Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
5. Strong problem-solving skills
6. Organizational and planning skills
7. Strong people skills and Team building skills
8. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
9. Ability to plan and prioritize workload
10. Proficient basic website updating (training provided)
11. Maturity, positive attitude and a demonstrated willingness to work hard
Interested parties, please send resume and copies of certifications to
No phone calls please
For more information about Mercer Island Beach Club — www.mibeachclub.com
How to Apply
8326 Avalon Drive
Mercer Island, WA 98040