Date posted: August 9, 2022
Location: Wellesley, MA, USA
Serves as an assistant to the Athletics Department staff with programs and related activities.
• Collaborates with the head coach on all aspects of the management and direction of the program in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics; assumes the duties of the head coach in his/her absence.
• Assist with coordinating and overseeing the recruitment of student athletes; contact high/prep school coaches to identify prospective recruits.
• Assist with contacting and evaluating prospective recruits; prepare and distribute recruiting information; may assist in recruiting efforts with the Admission Office.
• Plan, with Head Coach and full-time Assistant Coach (if applicable), recruiting trips based on contacts; attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation.
• Maintain accurate records of all contacts.
• Maximize efficient use of e-mail, internet, phone, letters, and personal contact.
• Assist with practice and games as needed as directed by Head Coach which includes teaching advanced level skills and game strategies.
• Assist monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; serve as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; be available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events.
• Scout opponents during playing season; prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as required.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• At least one year of previous coaching experience preferred.
• Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
• Must obtain/maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to communicate by telephone.
• Computer proficiency.
• Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Babson College rules.
• Commitment to working with a diverse student body, staff, and other constituents.
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather are required; ability to travel; light lifting required (50 pounds and under); and ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends, and to travel in person and stay overnight (for one or more nights) for all regular and post-season games, conferences, and tournaments as identified and directed by the Head Coach.
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
• Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Students, faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information by February 1 or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• Previous college playing and coaching experience preferred.
• Experience with Experience with software/online programs related to game film (i.e. Synergy) preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply via: https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Temporary_Seasonal/job/Wellesley-MA/Assistant-Athletics-Coach_R0011460