2016 U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS
- Sunday June 26th-Sunday July 3rd, 2016
- Century Link Center – Omaha, Nebraska
- Friday-Sunday – Prelims – 11:00 am EDT Finals – 7:45 pm EDT
- SwimSwam Preview Links & Schedule
- NBC Televison Coverage Schedule
- Live results
The University of California- Berkeley’s head coach Dave Durden was named the “Coach of the Meet” in tonight’s closing ceremonies after placing six swimmers on the 2016 U.S. Olympic team. His athletes are listed below:
- Ryan Murphy (100, 200 backstroke)
- Josh Prenot (200 breaststroke)
- Nathan Adrian (50 free, 100 free, 4×100 free relay)
- Anthony Ervin (50 free, 4×100 free relay) ***Ervin has been training with SwimMAC Carolina for a short while leading up to trials, but is still partially representing Cal Aquatics
- Tom Shields (100, 200 butterfly)
- Jacob Pebley (200 backstroke)
Today, Durden was also named one of the three assistant coaches on the Olympic men’s team. Bob Bowman of North Baltimore and Arizona State will be the men’s head coach, and Durden will join Mike Bottom of Michigan and Jack Bauerle of Georgia as the assistant coaches.
Durden has been the head coach of the Cal men for nine years. He was named the NCAA Coach of the Year in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014, having coached 22 individual and 13 relay champions. Cal has placed either first of second in every NCAA Championships since 2010.