The University of Maryland is currently seeking an Associate Director for Aquatics.
Full-time professional exempt staff position with full benefits.
The Associate Director for Aquatics has major responsibility for providing overall leadership and direction for University Recreation & Wellness aquatic and community programs, events, staff, and facilities. Specific responsibilities include: supervising 3 full-time employees, implementing the schedule of aquatic and community program activities, coordinating maintenance for 3 campus swimming pools, working closely with user groups (academic, student, and rental) scheduled in aquatic facilities, recruiting and managing national/regional/local aquatic events, preparing bids and applications for hosting major aquatic events, coordinating safety skills training for 45 full-time and 500 student employees, administering the department’s American Red Cross Licensed Provider agreement, developing and monitoring an annual budget for aquatic and community programs and facilities, coordinating instruction of Kinesiology Department courses held in aquatic facilities, and teaching 1-3 aquatics courses each semester. Serves as a member of the senior staff team. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Candidates must have, as a minimum
- a master’s degree (a bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience may be substituted for the master’s degree requirement)
- 7 years of full-time experience administering collegiate or community recreation programs
- 5 years of full-time experience developing and delivering aquatics programs and supervising aquatic facilities
- experience hosting large-scale aquatic events
- current American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor certifications
- experience supervising full-time employees, demonstrated communication skills
- current Certified Pool Operator certification (or willingness to get within 6 months of hire)
- American Red Cross Instructor Trainer certification
- experience with aquatics national governing bodies
- experience using Colorado timing systems and Hy-Tek Meet Manager
- proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
For best consideration, January 20, 2016.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call 301-226-4400 or visit www.recwell.umd.edu.
START DATE: March 1, 2016, preferred.
Additional Salary Information
BENEFITS: 22 days annual leave, 14 paid holidays, 3 days personal leave, 15 days sick leave; University contributions to health insurance and retirement plans; tuition remission.
Internal Number: 100525
HOW TO APPLY
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of University of Maryland.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.