The Education Manager has a dual responsibility of administering USMS adult learn-to-swim instructor certification program and administering our Swimming Saves Lives Foundation program. This position is full time and located in Sarasota, Fla. This position reports directly to the Education Director.
ALTS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION MANAGEMENT
Coordinate the delivery of the USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim (ALTS) instructor certification teaching schedule including but not limited to, identifying cities to host an ALTS certification teaching, identifying and negotiating with hotels for best rates and services, scheduling of ALTS instructor certification classes, coordinating instructor schedules and contracts for teaching services, the shipment of course materials, and the processing of ALTS instructor applications and tests for certification.
– Cold call facilities and aquatic directors in cities an ALTS instructor certification is being hosted ensuring we meet participation numbers for each ALTS instructor certification teaching.
– Maintain the ALTS certified instructor database on the USMS website.
– Provide email and phone support to ALTS certified instructors.
– Catalog and edit existing USMS resources and assist in the development and delivery of new resources for ALTS certified instructors.
– Manage the ALTS certified instructor annual renewal process.
– Identify and solicit grants for organizations that would have an interest in supporting growth of ALTS instructor certification.
SWIMMING SAVES LIVES FOUNDATION MANAGEMENT
– Manage our foundation grant process including but not limited to SSLF inquiries, soliciting SSLF grants, tracking grant requests, communicating with grant applicants, and ensuring SSLF grant agreements are completed.
– Provide grant application information in a usable format so the SSLF board of trustees may review and make grant recommendations.
– Collect data reports from SSLF grant partners.
– Receive orders, fulfill and mail SSLF support materials and collateral to grant partners.
– Update SSL information to our website.
– Manage our SSLF donor thank you program including electronic and mailed tax receipt letters.
– Develop and distribute SSLF donor solicitation information.
SUMMARY OF DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
– Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
– Event planning experience
– Aptitude for organizing and analyzing data
– Ability to catalog and manage materials
– Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
– Ability to make clear recommendations and decisions when necessary
– Able to accept responsibility for job duties
– Produce timely and accurate work product
– Skilled with the Microsoft Office suite
– Passion for Masters Swimming
– Ability to weekend travel 10-15% of the time as needed to meet the obligations of the position
Desired education: Successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree
Substitution: For candidates who do not have the desired degree, 1 year of higher education may be substituted with 2 years of additional related work experience with at least 2 years of college required.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: Do you have two years or more of event management experience? If YES, please describe.
2. YES/NO: Do you have nonprofit experience managing grant programs and/or donor relations? If YES, please describe.
3. YES/NO: Do you have experience writing or delivering educational curriculum? If YES, please describe.
4. YES/NO: Are you willing to relocate to Sarasota, Florida?
5. What are your salary expectations?
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: Until position is filled.
ABOUT U.S. MASTERS SWIMMING
USMS is the premier resource for adult aquatic fitness in the United States and will make fitness through swimming available for as many adults as possible. Founded in 1970, USMS is a membership-operated national governing body that promotes health, wellness, fitness, and competition for adults through swimming. We do so by partnering with more than 1,500 adult swim programs across the country that offer a USMS licensed Masters Swimming program; educating and certifying coaches and instructors that are teaching adults; promoting information via the bimonthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletters, STREAMLINES, and website, usms.org; and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water, and virtual events and competitions. More than 62,000 adults are registered members of USMS.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of U.S. Masters Swimming.