Team Sopris – which consists of between 70-100 swimmers in four levels; a Developmental, an Age Group, a Junior and Senior, as well as a Master’s program -is seeking qualified applicants to fill the Head Coach position. We are looking for a technically qualified individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about coaching, with excellent organization and communications skills.
● The ability to create and nurture an energetic and connected team
environment for all swimmers, parents, and coaches.
● Strong understanding of technique for multiple levels of swimmers.
● Comprehensive understanding of stroke development and conditioning.
● The ability to identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies.
● Ability to create and administer effective and focused workouts that
challenge and motivate the swimmers.
● Ability to create and administer effective and focused dryland workouts that
support and complement pool workouts and goals. (Understanding of human
physiology and strength training)
● Understanding and appropriately applying conditioning and tapering
● Maintain/track individual knowledge of each swimmers strengths and
weakness and work with them individually to develop their skills (goal
● Effective individual communication skills.
● Motivating the swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm.
● Ability to recruit, retain and grow the team.
● Proficiency in Meet Manager, Team Unify, and to stay up to date with other
pertinent swimming social media sites and programs.
● Current USA Swimming coaching certifications, in good standing.
● Three years or more of coaching experience, preferably in a head coach
● References, as requested, with contact information.
● Acceptable background checks/screening and drug testing prior to
employment and then as requested.
● Certifications/training with USA Swimming programs.
● Experience in supervising staff members.
● Experience in directing team activities to build morale and spirit.
● Experience in fundraising and planning club events.
● Experience in organizing and running clinics.
● Experience in training other coaches.
● Experience in creating and managing budgets and expenses.
● Competitive swimming experience.
This is a year round salaried position, Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please see the full details of the position here, http://www.teamsopris.org/Uploads/file/HeadCoachPosition2.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Résumés can be mailed to
Team Sopris Board of Directors
PO Box 1851
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
or emailed to [email protected]
April 17th, 2015
ABOUT TEAM SOPRIS
Team Sopris offers a year-round USA Swimming swim program for anyone who lives in the Roaring Fork Valley, and nearby communities from Vail to Rifle, Colorado. The team exists to provide an opportunity for youth and adults to learn about and participate in competitive swimming. Our goal is for every swimmer to be prepared to compete to the maximum of his or her ability, and to have fun doing so.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy Team Sopris.