Age Group Coaching Positions Available
Sea Devil Swimming
Serving over 700 pre-competitive, competitive, and Masters level swimmers
The Sea Devils are looking for several age group coaches for the upcoming 2015-16 season.
Coaches typically work 2 to 4 evenings and/or mornings a week depending on what their schedule allows. The season starts 14 September 2015 and continues through 20 May 2016.
We are interested in motivated coaches who enjoy working with swimmers between the ages of 6 and 18 and/or masters level.
Coaching experience should include:
• ASCA Level 1 certification or higher and/or comparable summer league coaching experience
• Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and internet
• A background and/or interest in marketing
• Hy-Tek TM/MM experience preferred
• An interest in continuing education
Our team stresses the following three concepts:
• Teaching swim stroke technique as an essential aspect of each practice
• Promoting positive values, respect, and sportsmanship within the pool and community
• Supporting a philosophy of a gradual increase in practice time and commitment for athlete development
Our programs are offered between 4:30-7:00 AM and 3:00-6:00 PM at our Virginia Pools (South Run, Audrey Moore, and Tuckahoe) and between 5:00-6:30 AM and 5:00-8:30 PM at our Maryland and District Pools (St. Albans, Wilson High School, The Lab School and Holton Arms).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are asked to submit a resume including coaching and/or teaching experience, swimming experience, and references. Please contact Head Coach Peter Karl at [email protected] (301-613-3822) or Melanie McKula at [email protected] (703-283-1182) for more information.
ABOUT SEA DEVIL SWIMMING
We are a medium sized club in the Potomac Valley LSC dedicated to developing athletes from pre-competitive to competitive and masters level swimming. We offer programs at 7 locations in the DC metro area.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Sea Devil Swimming.