Mission Valley Aquatics, located on the south shore of Flathead Lake in beautiful Northwestern Montana, seeks a part-time head swim coach for its Lake Monsters Swim Team, an age group, USA Swimming (MT Swimming LSC) program with about 50 swimmers (winter season), ages 6-18.
***Additional hours are available if candidate is qualified and interested in coaching a small masters program, teaching youth or adult swim lessons, instructing water aerobics classes and/or lifeguarding. Visit www.mvaquatics.org for more information.
Primary responsibilities of the swim team head coach are to guide program participants during practice; register for and accompany them to meets; manage the swim team coaching staff and oversee swim team expenses. The coach works with the aquatic director to develop short-term program goals and long-term vision. Hours vary depending on time of year and seasonal commitments.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
– Create an energetic, fun environment for swimmers and families to thrive athletically and personally.
– Supervise swimmers during practice; ensure swimmer safety while in the water.
– Explain and enforce swim team policies and procedures.
– Recommend for hire, train, motivate and supervise coaching staff to achieve consistency and excellence.
– Design and communicate workouts with fellow coaches to maintain curriculum consistency.
– Work with the aquatic director to schedule practice times, swim meets, special events and clinics.
– Communicate regularly with aquatic director about swim team operations.
– Communicate with parents about swimmer progress and requirements for success.
– Manage all USA Swimming and Montana Swimming annual registrations, meet entries and team record keeping, either through Team Unify software or a comparable system.
Employee must have knowledge of:
– Mission Valley Aquatics’ vision and fundraising efforts
– Local history, demographics and diversity
– Age group and masters USA Swimming and Montana Swimming organizations and policies
– United States Open Water Swimming Association organization and policies
Employee must have skills including:
– Colorado Timing System 6 and all meet-related electronic timing and set-up
– Hy-Tek Team Manager or Team Unify web-based team management software and Meet Manager software
– USA Swimming Deck Pass
Must know how to swim and meet all USA Swimming Coach Education Requirements. American Swim Coaches Association Level 3 or higher preferred. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with board of directors, facility employees and general public.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Open until position is filled.
ABOUT MISSION VALLEY AQUATICS
Lake Monsters is a family-oriented, USA Swimming competitive swim team program of the Mission Valley Aquatic Center. Although focused on creating a sustainable, year-round program, seasonal athletes are encouraged to join. Lake Monsters will take advantage of its proximity to Flathead Lake by developing an open water component and promoting it regionally and nationally.
Swimming News / Swimming Job courtesy of Mission Valley Aquatics.