The selected applicant will be responsible for daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program.
- Developing the club’s mission and vision
- Work on completing USA Swimming Club Recognition steps with team owner
- Hiring, supervising and educating all assistant coaches
- Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Directly coach the Gold & Green Groups- M-Fri- 5:00-7:30, Sat. 10:30am-12:30pm. (NO MORNINGS/ Part-time)
- Direct monthly staff meetings
- Set workout schedules
- Set team meet schedule with team owner for all groups, and staff scheduled meets
- Proficient in TeamUnify and OnDeck
- Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Oversee team website and Facebook account
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison
- Assist and support all fundraising activities
- Provide a monthly program report to team owner
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
- ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, $30,000+ annual
Start date March 1st, 2016 (flexible depending on applicant responsibilities).
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume to [email protected]
About Malibu Seawolves Swimming
Malibu Seawolves Swimming (MSS) is a newly founded small sized swim team, part of Southern California Swimming’s Coastal Committee, with an average of 60-70 swimmers. MSS is a for profit business (with one team owner) and supported by the City of Malibu Parks & Recreation Department. MSS practices at Malibu High, located directly across Pacific Coast HWY from Zuma Beach. We are looking for a highly motivated coach that is interested in providing a hands-on approach to developing our swimming program while having the opportunity to establishing themselves as a program head.
Additional Information: Malibu Bluffs Parkland Project
Click the link below to view the City of Malibu’s Bluffs Parkland Project that will potentially include a new outdoor swimming pool located across from Pepperdine University.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Malibu Seawolves Swimming.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.