Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team.
Provides pre-competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
5. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
7. Knowledge of basic exercise.
8. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
Job Type: Part-time
Coaching Experience: 1 year.
USA Coaching Certification Preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
email resume to [email protected]
About the Barracuda Novice Swim Team
The Lawrence Family JCC Barracuda Novice swim team is a year-round swimming program for ages 6-12. The team exists to introduce swimmers to the sport of competitive swimming, with particular emphasis on developing stroke technique and racing strategy. We operate on a high intensity coaching style, while maintaining a safe, personable and professional environment.
Our objective- fostering the transferable skills of hard work, personal accountability, good sportsmanship, leadership and personal excellence in each swimmer so that they might develop not only into well-disciplined athletes ,but ladies and gentlemen of substance and character.
Swimmers are grouped by ages, not by their skill level. Swim practices are held Monday-Friday on a year round basis. Each swimmer must commit to one of the two days a week practice options provided.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of the JCC Barracuda Swim Team.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.