City of Plano Swimmers, Inc. (COPS)
Job Description: Swim Instructor
Indoor Pool Location: Harry Rowlinson Natatorium, 1712 Ave P, Plano, TX
Swim instructors provide instruction in swimming techniques and skills, to participants in the COPS Developmental Program. Swim instructors are supervised by the COPS Director of Development and the COPS Head Coach. Applicants must be able to relate well to children. Swim Instructors must also be able to exercise good judgment while safely supervising children. Applicants must have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position. Previous experience as a Swimming Instructor and having Certifications in CPR and First Aid are preferred.
Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide competent, safe instruction using recognized skills as established by our profession
- Plan and effectively organize class time for maximum practice. This is accomplished through lesson plans.
- Keep accurate progress records
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide for consistency in instruction by working each assigned period.
- Attend all Swim Instructor training sessions.
- Promote good public relations by talking with parents before and after class, not during.
- Dress appropriately for all classes.
- Turn in required paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership Role
- Flexible Hours
- Good Pay
- Great Experience/Résumé builder
- Increased Social Opportunities
- Future employment references/recommendations
- Ability to instruct swimming lessons dealing with the 4 competitive strokes
- Ability to swim/teach all 4 competitive strokes
- Be at least 16 years of age or older
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate children
- Available to work weeknights and Saturday mornings
- Must pass background check
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send resume to: Karen Sakalys, [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job courtesy of COPS.