2018 MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, February 14 – Saturday, February 17
- Palo Alto College Aquatic Center, San Antonio, TX (Central Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Boise State (results)
- Live results
- Championship Central
Boise State kicked off day 2 of the 2018 Mountain West Conference Championships with a win in the 200 free relay. The team of Abbey Sorensen, Emmie Jennings, Robin Pinder, and Allyson Kleinsorgen combined for a time of 1:29.39, with Sorenson’s leadoff leg a full .4 faster than any other leadoff swimmer. SDSU followed in 1:30.57, and UNLV took third in 1:31.39.
Boise senior Emma Chard went 4:43.04 to win the 500 free. In second was SDSU’s McKenna Meyer with a 4:44.71, and behind her was Colorado State’s Haley Rowley in 4:45.67. Despite being in third place as late as the 300-mark, Chard was able to out-split Meyer 1:24.48 to 1:26.05 in the final 150 to take the win.
SDSU senior Frida Berggren went 1:59.28 to win the 200IM, just ahead of UNR’s Andressa Cholodovskis in 1:59.40. Boise’s Emily Mathis took third in 2:00.83.
Abbey Sorenson of Boise State topped the 50 free in 22.53, followed by Wyoming’s Isobel Ryan in 22.79. In third was SDSU’s Klara Thormalm, who went 22.80.
On the 3-meter diving board, Nevada’s Sharae Zheng broke the conference record (her own) with a final score of 424.53.
Team scores after day 2
- Boise State University – 491
- San Diego State University – 451.5
- University of Nevada, Reno – 433
- University of Wyoming (W) – 383
- San Jose State University – 262
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas – 255
- U.S. Air Force Academy (W) – 250
- Colorado State University – 242
- University of New Mexico – 237.5
- Fresno State University – 235