2016 RIO OLYMPIC GAMES
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Swimming: August 6-13
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Barra Olympic Park, Rio de Janeiro
- Prelims – 9:00 a.m/12:00 p.m PST/EST (1:00 p.m local), Finals – 6:00 p.m/9:00 p.m PST/EST (10:00 p.m local)
- SwimSwam previews
- Rio Schedule & Results
- Live Stream (NBC)
On day 6 prelims of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, we’ll see swimmers compete in the 800 freestyle and 200 backstroke on the women’s side, and the 50 freestyle and 100 butterfly on the men’s side. Prelims will start at 1:00 pm Brazil local time, 12:00 pm Eastern, 11:00 am Central. Below are the changes identified when comparing the published heat sheets and the previously published FINA Entry Lists.
- Men’s 50 freestyle
- Erik Risolvato, who represents Puerto Rico, is still listed on the heat sheets for Thursday, even though he had his credentials revoked days before the opening ceremony.
- Russia’s Vladimir Morozov, was approved to compete in Rio despite initially being banned as a result of being named in the MacLaren report. As such, he now appears on the heat sheets slated for heat 9, lane 5.
- Women’s 800 freestyle
- Coralie Balmy, who was seeded 20th with a time of 8:28.63, is absent from day 5 heat sheets in this event.
- Italy’s Carli Diletta, who carried a time of 8:27.26 for the 17th seed, is also missing from the lane assignments.
- Men’s 100 butterfly
- Abbas Kali from Kuwait is listed on the 100m butterfly entry lists, but is absent from the heat sheets.
- Women’s 200 backstroke
- As with Morozov, Daria Ustinova from Russia was deemed able to compete in Rio, so she now appears in heat 2, lane 5 with a time of 2:06.92.