UVA added a verbal commitment from diver Jennifer Bell on Friday, bringing its prospective class of 2023 to seven members. Bell will join the already-committed Caroline Kulp, Ella Nelson, Kate Douglass, Katie Cronin, Lexi Cuomo, and Maddie Donohoe in Charlottesville in the fall of 2019.
Bell, a NISCA / Speedo High School All-America Diver and four-time USA Diving Region 1 Champion from Pelham, New York has announced her verbal commitment to the University of Virginia’s class of 2023.
“I am thrilled with the opportunity to work with Head Coach Todd DeSorbo and Head Diving Coach Jason Glorius to become the best diver I can be and to compete with all my heart for the UVA Women’s Swimming and Diving Team!”
Bell, who competes platform, 3-meter, and 1-meter events, is a junior at Pelham Memorial High School where she has made it to the finals of the New York State High School Diving Championships five consecutive years (7th-11th grades) and holds a host of all-time high school diving records including the New York Section 1 record (533.45 points, 11 dives). Bell also dives for High Dive Champions with head coach Michael Darland and Elite coach Sergey Meshcherskiy. She has made it to the USA Diving National Championships seven times and has competed in the USA Diving Synchronized Diving National Championships twice, the YMCA Diving National Championships four times (winning one national championship), and the AAU Diving National Championships two times (winning three national championships).
- USA Diving National Championships, seven-time competitor, two-time finalist
- USA Diving Region 1 Champion, four times
- USA Diving Synchronized Diving National Championships, platform finalists, 9th place
- YMCA Diving 1-Meter National Champion
- AAU Diving 3-Meter National Champion two times
- AAU Diving 1-Meter National Champion one time
- 1-Meter High Point: 45 Points, 11 Dives
- 3-Meter High Point: 40 Points, 10 Dives
- Platform High Point: 395.85 Points, 9 Dives
Video (Most Recent 3-Meter Event): https://youtu.be/SMi1hhhR2sI
Video (Recent 1-Meter, 3-Meter, and Platform Events): https://youtu.be/-Bg5uCs398U
If you have a commitment to report, please send an email with a photo (landscape, or horizontal, looks best) and a quote to [email protected].