The College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) has released their Team Scholar All-America awards for the 2013 fall semester in Division II. The award goes out to teams that hold a 3.0 team GPA or higher for that semester.
At the top of the list in DII were the women of Lynn University and the men of Urbana University with some very impressive GPAs. Lynn’s women posted a collective GPA of 3.71, while the Urbana men were even higher at 3.81. Those were the two highest team GPAs in all of the NCAA for swimming this season between Divisions I, II and III.
Here are the top 5 team GPAs for both men and women:
- Lynn University 3.71
- University of Bridgeport 3.69
- Queens University of Charlotte 3.60
- Saint Leo University 3.54
- The College of Saint Rose 3.54
- Urbana University 3.81
- University of Bridgeport 3.45
- Lenoir-Rhyne University 3.42
- University of Tampa 3.36
- Fresno Pacific University 3.35
In addition to Lynn and Urbana’s outstanding numbers, the University of Bridgeport came up second in both genders, the only team to place both in the top 5.