2019 USA SWIMMING SPEEDO JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, August 6 – Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Stanford Avery Aquatic Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Prelims 9 AM / Finals 5 PM (U.S. Pacific Time)
- LCM format
- Meet Site
- Psych sheet
- Live stream (all sessions)
- Start Lists & Live Results
Reported by Robert Gibbs.
MEN’S 100 FREESTYLE – FINALS
- World Record: Cesar Cielo (Brazil), 2009, 46.91
- World Junior Record: Kyle Chalmers, 2016, 47.58
- U.S. Open Record: Ryan Held, 2019, 47.39
- Meet Record: Vladimir Morozov/Andrei Minakov, 2010/2018, 49.06
- Olympic Trials Cut: 50.49
- Hunter Armstrong (Canton City Schools) – 49.80
- Luke Maurer (NASA Wildcat Aquatics) – 49.90
- Brooks Curry (Dynamo) – 50.08
Hunter Armstrong of the Canton City Schools crushed this swim, clocking a 49.80 to win the junior national title ahead of NASA’s Luke Maurer, who was also under 50 seconds at 49.90. Armstrong was 50.84 coming into this meet, and Maurer 51.40; both of them dismantled their old bests. Armstrong is now 23rd in 17-18 age group history, with Maurer right behind at 25th.
Dynamo was on the podium again thanks to Brooks Curry, who nearly joined Armstrong and Maurer under 50 seconds with a 50.08. Jack Walker (SwimMAC, 50.31), Tim Connery (SwimMAC, 50.33), and Matthew Jensen (Upper Dublin, 50.45) finished fourth through sixth, all getting under the OT cut.
Clocking an OT cut to win the B final was SOLO Aquatics’ Andrew Benson with a new best of 50.40. He went out in a 23.99 to the feet. The C final went to Spartans Aquatic Club’s Grant Allison at 51.20.