Applications due 01/26/22
Date posted: January 12, 2022
Location: Austin, TX 78746, USA
Position Summary: This position is an Group Lead Swim Coach under the direction of Head Swim Coach Ian Crocker in accordance with the goals and objectives of WOW. This position is a Group Lead and will also assist Head Swim Coach with all youth groups with the potential to coach Masters.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for Lead Coaches to coach our entry level level swimmers. Sessions will take place Monday through Friday at a brand new, state of the art indoor facility in the heart of West Lake Hills in Austin, TX.
As a Lead Coach, you will be expected to create and lead workouts that are age appropriate, challenging, and incorporate stroke and technique development to prepare swimmers for meets and advancement to the Senior level groups.
Lead Coaches are expected to assist with other groups practices and development at respective sessions Monday through Friday, on an as needed basis.
Lead Coaches are expected to attend meets to support the swimmers and fellow coaching staff. Duties also include regular communication/feedback to parents/swimmers regarding practices, upcoming meets, goals, fitness, etc.
Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: S. diploma / GED or higher
- Experience: 4+ swim coaching experience
- Certification: Be a current coach in good standing with USA Swimming, and up to date on all CPR and SafeSport courses.
- Skills/Abilities: strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to create and maintain professional relationships, within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, athletes, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable to multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
How to Apply