THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. IT IS NO LONGER OPEN.
FINIS is an exciting growing company in the Swimming industry. Our brand is recognized worldwide as the innovative leader for our sport, and we are looking for the right talent to help take us to the next level.
The Category Manager – Soft Goods is a brand new opening within the Product Development department. We are looking for a creative design professional that has a strong portfolio of cut-and-sew products, apparel design work, and project management. The Category Manager – Soft Goods would jump right into current projects in development and help drive new innovation. Projects in this role are specific to the swimwear and apparel that FINIS is developing. Tasks will range from new pattern making to final packaging design creation, and everything in between.
The Category Manager – Soft Goods works closely with the Development Manager and other Category Managers to collaborate, direct, and produce products from inception to completion. The resulting work is creative, inspiring, on-time, and aligned with business goals and strategies. The Category Manager – Soft Goods must have strong pattern making skills, a background in cut-and-sew products, a good understanding of the apparel manufacturing processes, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Development of soft-goods products
o Creation of new swimwear patterns, apparel designs, bags and any other cut-and-sew type item
for the FINIS product line.
o Design sketching and modeling of new and ongoing soft goods products
o Rapid prototyping and testing of new and ongoing soft goods products
o Have a keen knowledge of each existing soft goods products and their manufacturing process
• Management of current and future soft goods products
o Using the FINIS Product Life Cycle process to manage and maintain multiple products o Effectively controlling the projects from inception, production and end-of-life
o Work closely with external designers and manufacturing vendors
o Ensure that all deadlines are met and products are to brand standard
• Deliver product proposals, cost analyses, product specifications, and the like
o Regular collaboration and brainstorming with the Product Development and Marketing teams o Work with the sales team to set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
o Conduct necessary user tests and market research
- Minimum BS or BA in Apparel Design, Fashion, or another related field
- At least 2-3 years experience in Apparel Design, Fashion, Swimwear or Lingerie, Cut-and-SewManufacturing or other related field
- Past work experience with new product development processes and responsibilities; any experience with swimwear design is a plus
- Understanding of Pattern Making Software
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be a fast creative talent who moves efficiently through the phases of creative development while ensuring appropriate input along the way.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability
- Skilled at delivering creative concept presentations
- Knowledge of sporting goods industry; current or past involvement as a swimmer/triathlete is a plus
- Please send Resume and Portfolio with application
Pay & Benefits
- Pay level varies depending on education and experience levels.
- Employees are eligible for benefits 90 days after the initial hire date. Benefits include medical, dental,flexible spending and 401(k). Profit sharing bonuses also available for salaried employees.
Our Vision: “To motivate every person in the world to swim better, swim often, and train smarter.”
FINIS was founded in Northern California with the understanding that improving one’s swimming technique is the secret to swimming faster and enjoying the sport more. This has led the company to introduce truly innovative tools to the swimming and fitness communities. Many of these products are currently used by Olympians, elite Triathletes, and fitness swimmers worldwide. FINIS is growing rapidly and is looking for smart enthusiastic people who want to work in an exciting athletic environment.
How to Apply
Send portfolio, cover letter, and resume to [email protected]
7085-E Las Positas Road Livermore, CA 94551
phone: (925) 454-0111
fax: (925) 454-0111