Applications due 07/16/19
Location: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Site Coach.
Duties: The candidate must be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate must also be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established training progression for athletes. Other administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to meet entries, meet operations, day to day office duties, marketing and special projects. The primary coaching duties will be with age group swimmers (PM Practices) however a few practices per week will be as an assistant senior coach (AM practices). Candidates will be on deck between 25 and 30 hours per week and will coach 8-10 practices per week over 6 days.
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the TeamUnify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required.
- Pay Range ($33,000 – $38,000) based on ASCA level, degree held, knowledge and experience
- All coaches receive a cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses.
- Full time positions offer additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement contributions.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications and coaching memberships.
How to Apply
Preferred start date is no later than Monday, August 12, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed upon receipt until the position is filled. All submissions will be held in confidence. Qualified candidates should e-mail the following to CEO, Philip Kraus at [email protected].
- A GPAC application (found on our website under “contacts” then “work for GPAC”)
- A cover letter
- A resume highlighting your experience, qualifications, and references
P.O. Box 30318