Applications due 08/10/14
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Northern Kentucky Clippers is seeking up to three experienced coaches to lead two senior level groups and/or a developmental age group. Successful candidates must demonstrate:
- successful experience at multiple levels of coaching;
- experience writing workouts and seasonal planning;
- a passion for the sport;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- the ability to positively represent the Club throughout the swimming community.
The successful candidate(s) will foster an environment which develops swimmers of all levels and abilities to perform to their potential. All three are hourly positions with competitive reimbursement benefits for all travel. The ideal candidate will be able to start August 30th, 2014.
We are looking for the right candidate(s) to lead three different groups. These positions may be combined to create a position with more hours and closer to full time.
1. Lead Coach for National Prep Group
2. Lead Coach for Senior Group
3. Lead Coach for AGD4 Group
National Prep – Lead Coach
National Prep is the 2nd highest group in the program. Swimmers in this group aspire to move into the national training program and achieve NCSA Junior Nationals time standards and beyond. This group has practice requirements and is offered after school and before school practices. The successful candidate will work with the head coach to develop seasonal planning and daily workouts.
Senior Group – Lead Coach
The Senior Group of is the first of three senior level groups. It is comprised of approximately 40 swimmers ages 13-18. This group is subdivided (Senior I and Senior II) allowing for training to be specific to swimmers in each group. The successful candidate will be able to prepare swimmers in this group to move into the Prep or National groups.
AGD4- Lead Coach
Age Group Developmental 4 is one of two groups for 11-12 year olds. This group fosters the needs of swimmers who still need refinement in strokes and skills. There are no practice requirements for this group but we encourage swimmers to attend 3-4 of the 5 practices offered each week.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR LEAD COACHES
- Coach a minimum of one group, plus possibly assist with another group;
- Creates and implements seasonal plan for the group;
- Writes workouts for different levels within the group;
- Works with the Head Coach to develop and implement dryland workouts;
- Attends all lead coaches and staff meetings;
- Works with Head Age Group and Head Coach to set training schedules; identify criteria for advancement of swimmers; coordinate stroke and training principles;
- Mentors/monitors the assistant coaches;
- Communicates with parents, swimmers and coaching staff;
- Executes vision for the team’s growth and continued success set by team leadership.
- Strong work ethic & passion for the sport;
- 3+ years coaching experience including writing workouts to different levels within a group;
- Proven coaching record with excellent swimmer progression/results;
- Ability to mentor/motivate staff to reach potential;
- Microsoft Office proficiency preferred;
- Current USA Swimming membership/certifications required;
- Working knowledge of Team Unify & Hy-Tek TM preferred.
Established in 1979, the Northern Kentucky Clippers swim team is a year-round competitive swim team of over 200 swimmers sanctioned by USA Swimming and is a member of the Ohio LSC. Clippers is recognized by USA Swimming with Silver Medal Club and Level 3 Club status. We train at Silverlake “The Family Place”, located in Northern Kentucky just minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information about the Northern Kentucky Clippers, please view our website at www.clipperswim.org
How to Apply
Submit a resume, including at least three references, via e-mail to Head Coach, Jason Roberts at [email protected]
301 Kenton Lands Rd. Erlanger, KY 41018