Applications due 08/19/18
Seattle Metropolitan Aquatic Club is looking for a performance oriented coach to head up our Senior Performance and Age Group performance programs in the Mercer Island / Seattle area. The ideal candidate will work collaborate closely with our Head and National coach as groups will work closely with parallel groups at other sites. Quality people, great board support, stable pool time, and an excellent group of coaches provide a good foundation for growth.
1 – Establish a culture where the team, the process of learning, and personal improvement though individual responsibility is valued.
2 – Educate swimmers and families about the roles and value of technical excellence, commitment, and competition in high-level performance.
3 –Collaborate with the head coach to define seasonal goals and objectives. With the support of the coaching staff, implement a team wide plan to produce those results.
4 – Help make SMAC the place where families want their children.
5 – Ensure SMAC is an asset to the facilities we utilize and the surrounding community by maintaining positive relationships with staff, members and other patrons and adhering to facility rules and policies.
- Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Minimum three years coaching with a USA swimming club with a proven track record of success
- Strong organizational and seasonal planning skills
- Strong communication skills with both swimmers, coaches and parents
- Ability to lead, support, and follow depending on the situation
- Teaching degree, athletic training certification or similar
The position will require:
- A positive self-motivated individual who is willing to learn, lead, sell the vision and work hard
- Approximately 18 deck hours per week + administrative duties and meets
- Attend local and regional meets as required
- Lifeguarding (or willingness to certify), first aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- A working knowledge of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Compensation is generous and commensurate with experience and will grow with the site.
Senior Performance: Committed 13-18 Year olds who’s ability ranges from PNS Champs to Futures. See website for group objectives
Age Group Performance: Committed 10-14 ability ranging from AG Champs to Senior Sectionals. See website for group objectives
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to Ken Spencer by August 19th.