Applications due 04/15/18
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Ridgefield Aquatic Club (RAC) is pleased to announce the recruitment of a Full-Time Head Development Coach. RAC is a 260 member swim team (164 competitive members that competes in the Connecticut Swimming LSC). The club operates as a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors that works closely with the Head Coach/CEO on the business side, while the Head Coach/CEO is responsible for the day to day operations of the swim program. RAC is currently recognized as a USA Swimming Club Excellence Silver Medal Program. During the past year, RAC has had Olympic Trial qualifiers, Junior National Finalists, Eastern Zone Finalists, and placed swimmers on the National Age Group and Senior Top 10 list.
RAC is looking for a candidate with a passion for swimming and the ability to communicate well with swimmers, coaches, and parents. He or she must possess
the knowledge and ability to implement a skill and technique based swimming program in a fun and positive manner.
Specific job duties include:
- Direct and supervise the competitive and non-competitive (Olympic Way) age group programs.
- Establish a seasonal training plan for the development program and directly coach two practice groups per day.
- Assist age group coaches with other practice groups.
- Serve as the lead coach in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Attend all scheduled practices/meets and also maintain regular office hours.
- Direct new swimmer recruitment.
- Plan web-based communications.
- Prepare meet entries for swimmers in the development portion of the program.
- Establish a monthly report to be reviewed by the RAC Board of Directors.
Previous coaching experience is required. Applicants must have achieved ASCA Level 2 certification, but Level 3 or higher is preferred. This position reports to the RAC Head Coach/CEO. Prospective candidates must have all current USA swimming certifications (Coaches Safety Training, CPR, First Aid, and have already passed the USA Swimming background check). RAC is offering a competitive compensation package with a yearly salary between $35-40,000 including bonuses. RAC will also provide paid vacations and a health care stipend of approximately $2,500 per year.
Additional coaching opportunities include RAC’s morning masters program, local high school coaching and area summer league teams. More information about RAC can be found online at www.racswimming.org or by calling 203-438-3951. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2018. Preferred start date is August 1, 2018, however, will consider a different date for the right candidate. Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to Head Coach Emmanuel Lanzo, [email protected].
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is April 15, 2018. Preferred start date is August 1, 2018, however, will consider a different date for the right candidate. Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to Head Coach Emmanuel Lanzo, [email protected].