with SOLO Aquatics
Looking for an energetic coach to lead and teach young age group swimmers, ages 8-11, within the team mission statement. Approximately 4-6 hours a week of coaching (not including meets). Training provided for possible candidates. Preferably, applicants should have their USA Swimming coaching credentials completed with current CPR and First Aid certifications. A personal history of competitive swimming is recommended.
with Extreme Aquatic Team
with Malibu Seawolves Swimming
The selected applicant will be responsible for daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program. Duties include:
- Developing the club’s mission and vision
- Work on completing USA Swimming Club Recognition steps with team owner
- Hiring, supervising and educating all assistant coaches
- Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Directly coach the Gold & Green Groups- M-Fri- 5:00-7:30, Sat. 10:30am-12:30pm. (NO MORNINGS/ Part-time)
- Direct monthly staff meetings
- Set workout schedules
- Set team meet schedule with team owner for all groups, and staff scheduled meets
- Proficient in TeamUnify and OnDeck
- Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Oversee team website and Facebook account
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison
- Assist and support all fundraising activities
- Provide a monthly program report to team owner
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, $30,000+ annual
Start date March 1st, 2016 (flexible depending on applicant responsibilities).
with Havasu Stingrays Swim Team
The Havasu Stingrays Swim Team is seeking an experienced Head Coach for our USA Swimming program. We are a competitive swim team dedicated to athletic development for our swimmers with all levels of competition. We attend state, regional and national competitions and host USA sanctioned swim meets. Our team has a great relationship with the Lake Havasu City Parks and Recreation Department and we utilize their indoor Aquatic Center for year-round practice and meets.
The Head Coach is responsible for overall coaching of the team, coaches and development of our swimmers in a safe and competitive environment. He or she also is responsible for development and the continuing education of our coaching staff and managing meet participation.
The successful candidate will lead, design and administer an aquatics program that emphasizes progression of swimmers from our youngest, developmental athletes through our oldest, national-level athletes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Member of the Board of Directors
• Supervision and management of assistant coaching staff to execute programs that allow swimmers to reach full potential and progress through our program to senior level, high school and beyond
• Management of meet participation and related travel to out-of-area meets
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing for staff needs
• Providing for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes • Coordinating group placement and advancement guidelines
• Continue working with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes and further develop and grow HSST.
• Contributing to team meet selections and submitting team meet entries
• Adhering to and enforcing rules and regulations of HSST and USA Swimming
• Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Board
- Knowledge in TeamUnify is preferable
This position is available for immediate hire.
This is a part-time position, minimum two hours per day, five-days per week.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, up to $16,000 per year.
The team pays for lodging at meets, along with other benefits that can be explained to serious applicants.
Comprehensive reference checks will be conducted for final candidates as the safety of our members is of top priority.
Applicant interest is kept in the strictest of confidence. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.HavasuStingraysSwimTeam.com .
About Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City is a resort community and a highly desirable retirement location with access to the Famous Colorado River and London Bridge in Lake Havasu. We are located about 3 hours from Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Flagstaff and Phoenix. There is never a shortage of recreation for those that love to hunt, boat, hike, ride ATV’s or just enjoy the wonders of the Arizona Desert.
with City of Columbus NE
$16.02 an hour and includes a comprehensive benefit package. Work involves supervision of designated activities, classes, and functions of the indoor/outdoor aquatics facilities in cooperation and coordination with the Aquatics Director.
Will work a variety of shifts during the operations of the Aquatic Center and the Pawnee Plunge Waterpark. Must possess appropriate state certifications within the first six months of employment and prefer past experience in supervision of a swimming facility.
Apply at Columbus City Hall by Tuesday, December 29, 2015. You may also apply by downloading a city application form from the City of Columbus website, completing it and returning by the due date. Your completed city application form may also be returned by email ([email protected]) or fax the application to 402-563-1380 to Mike Oglevie Human Resources Director by the application deadline.
Please go to www.columbusne.us for additional information on job responsibilities contained in the Aquatics Supervisor job description.
Human Resource Director
with Central Iowa Aquatics
About the Team:
Central Iowa Aquatics (CIA) is a Bronze Medal club with Level 3 USA Swimming club recognition. We are located in Des Moines, Iowa and typically have 150 to 200 year-round registered swimmers. We are one of the top teams in the Iowa LSC (ISI) winning 10 ISI Championships in the past 5 years. CIA has produced Futures qualifiers, Junior National qualifiers, an Olympic Trials qualifier and currently has several top 20 nationally ranked swimmers. CIA is a non-profit, board supported swim program. We are searching for an energetic head coach to develop our swimmers, continue our success at the LSC level and increase our regional and national presence. (www.centraliowaaquatics.org)
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties will include:
• Directing the organization for the club’s mission and vision.
• Hiring, supervising/educating, and terminating all assistant coaches, and determining assistant coaches’ salaries within the coaching budget.
• Organize and oversee CIA summer/winter seasonal swim programs.
• Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and adhere to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct.
• Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
• Directly coach the Senior Group.
• Direct staff meetings as needed.
• Set workout schedules.
• Set team meet schedule for all groups and staff scheduled meets.
• Oversee team travel arrangements.
• Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
• Oversee all facility use agreements.
• Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
• Assist and support all fundraising activities.
• Attend Iowa LSC meetings.
• Provide a monthly report and attend Board of Directors meeting.
• Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Start date flexible depending on applicant responsibilities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
with Upper Dublin Aquatic Club (UDAC)
Upper Dublin Aquatic Club (UDAC) is seeking part-time coaching staff to join our water polo program. Responsibilities include instruction and training as well as local competition in the Suburban Philadelphia area plus regional tournaments. Preferred qualifications include experience with coaching youth aquatic activities plus prior high school, club and/or college level water polo playing experience or comparable knowledge. UDAC program details can be found at www.udac.us.
Positions open until filled. Background check in accordance with PA Act 153 required prior to hiring.
with Santa Clara Swim Club
Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara Swim Club
Fulltime Age Group and Performance Level Coaches
Founded in 1951, by George Haines, Santa Clara Swim Club was founded by George Haines, considered one of the best swim coaches in history. The club has received many awards and honors throughout the years. These range from World Records, Olympic Champions, World Champions and Sullivan Awards to Male and Female World and U.S. Swimmer of the Year. Our team is an USA Swimming Gold Medal Swim Club since 2014 and home to 500+ competitive age group swimmers, 400+ Developmental Swimmers, 400+ Swim School swimmers, and 200+ Masters Swimmer. We have a large number of USA Swimming National & Olympic Trial qualifiers and have scored in the top ten at Winter and Summer Junior National in the past year. The team trains in multiple locations in Santa Clara County including Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, and Morgan Hill California.
We are looking to hire an Age Group Coach that would lead, design and teach growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate Performance Age Group level programs while working within the Team Vision and Mission.
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Follow USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Santa Clara Swim Club’s policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Coaching staff.
3) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred).
3) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
4) Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
5) Must be prepared to develop swimmers, rather than manage great athletes.
6) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full Time Benefits include Medical, Dental and Paid Vacation/Holiday, SCSC pays for USA membership and background screening, professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics…
How to Apply:
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including 3 references, and one page statement on coaching philosophy to:
Caleb Fenner – [email protected]
with Team Rebel Aquatics
This is a year round position working with age group swimmers from ages 7-12. Practices are Monday through Saturday from 4:30 to 6:30 P.M. on weekdays and mornings on Saturdays depending on space availability time. This can be a long-term position for an individual who has a passion for swimming and desires to work with and develop swimmers of all ages.
- Candidates must have a background in competitive swimming either as a coach or swimmer, and have strong communication skills with swimmers, parents, and coaches.
- Candidates should possess or be willing to obtain current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing and pass all required background checks.
Applicant duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Able to manage a group by writing practices for that group.
Able to learn all groups and cover for other coaches when necessary.
• Able to communicate with parents.
• Attending meets throughout the season.
• Promote the team philosophy and foster a positive and friendly practice environment for athletes in the water.
Salary for the position of Assistant Coach is commensurate with experience. Coaches will not be compensated for weekend meets but will be compensated for travel expenses if attending out of town meets.
with North Coast Swim Club
North Coast Swim Club (NCSC) is looking for a qualified Head Coach to lead our swimmers in their pursuit of excellence in the sport of swimming. NCSC is a competitive year-round swim team located in beautiful and historic Astoria, Oregon. The team is comprised of 30+ athletes ranging in age from 6 to 18 years. This opening is for a part-time, non-exempt position.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic advocate of the sport of swimming and have a positive attitude at all times. The Head Coach will be professional and work in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Club parents to build a strong team.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the NCSC Board of Directors at [email protected] If you have questions or would like more information regarding duties/responsibilities, hours, compensation, etc. please email the Board. Position will remain open until filled. www.swimnorthcoast.org
- Prior Head Coach or Assistant Coach experience. Motivated candidates with advanced working knowledge in competitive swimming will also be considered.
- USA Swimming certification and completion of successful background check
Preference given to candidates that also possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (Physical Education or related field)
- ASCA certification
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics- DKS Site
Age Group Coach CALIFORNIA, Palo Alto Area (Los Altos Hills, CA). DKS Site of Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (dkswim.com)
Application Deadline: December 19, 2015. Start Date: January 4, 2016
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics, DKS site, is seeking an Age Group Coach with the ability to develop and grow our program and our swimmers. The DKS site of PASA started in the Fall of 2008 with 45 swimmers. The program has since grown to over 250 athletes on the roster with an additional 100+ athletes in the summer recreational program, including several Junior National qualifiers and Olympic Trial Qualifiers. The team has a great relationship with their host pool – Fremont Hills Country Club, which is located in Los Altos Hills, CA, a wonderful community in the foothills above Stanford University located just 6 miles from the University with an excellent quality of life.
(1) Demonstrated ability to communicate with athletes and parents to create cohesive group goals,
(2) Ability to work with the Head Coach and coaching staff as a team member and to help promote club growth,
(3) Must possess Valid USA Coaches Card,
(4) A college degree is preferred but not required. Competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience.
Additional income opportunities are available to qualified candidates.
Interested persons should email letter of interest, resume, and references to Head Coach Dana Kirk at [email protected]
with Fort Myer Swim Team
Team: Fort Myer Swim Team (Arlington VA)
Position: Head Coach
Time: 2016 Summer Season, May 31 through August 6, 2016
Job Description: The Fort Myer Swim Team (FMST) program is seeking one experienced Head Coach for the 2016 swim season. The Fort Myer Squids are a well-established team located on base at Fort Myer in Arlington County, Virginia. The Squids currently compete in the Red Division of the Colonial Swim League. We are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to lead approximately (175) swimmers of all ability levels in our developmental and competitive summer swim league, as well as coordinate and manage our assistant and junior coaches. Afternoon practices begin the Tuesday after Memorial Day from 4-7pm. When public school has ended practices are held in the morning from 6:45-10:00 Monday-Friday. Swim Meets are held on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings throughout Northern Virginia until the end of July, with our All Star meet on August 6, 2016.
The ideal candidate would have head coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and an infectious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming. The candidate will work closely with Board members and junior coaching staff to carry out the many day-to-day responsibilities of the coaching staff.
The responsibilities of the job include:
• Promote a fun, safe, and team-oriented environment
• Be a role model for the swimmers, especially in the older age groups
• Identify age- and skill-appropriate drills for each age group to include stroke, starts, turns, etc…
• Plan and run practices for each age group
• Maintain control and safety of swimmers
• Provide stroke technique instruction to beginning, intermediate, and advanced swimmers
• Coordinate logistics for each swim meet for swimmers and parents
• Prepare meet lineups (Hy-Tek experience desired)
• Review meet results (including disqualification issues) and work with swimmers to improve performance
• Maintain organization of swimmers prior to and during swim meets (At developmental Wednesday meets and competitive Saturday meet)
• Work with the Board to organize and attend themed pep rallies, as well as other various team-sponsored social activities
• Provide an encouraging environment while fostering learning and team spirit
• Willingness to get in the water to fine tune stroke mechanics
• Help with setup and breakdown of all practices and swim meets
• Assist in the hiring of assistant and junior coaching staff (as needed), and managing staff throughout the season
• Experience as a head coach, or extensive experience as an Assistant Coach
• US Swim Coach Certification or equivalent
• Valid CPR/AED, First-Aid certification
• College Degree (preferred)
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective communications skills (for children and parents)
• Letters of Recommendation (3)
Salary commensurate with experience.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
For more information on our team, visit our website at www.fortmyersquids.com.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume and a letter of interest to Chris Spranger, FMST President ([email protected]).
with The Woodlands Swim Team
TWST Head Age Group Coach
The Woodlands Swim Team (“TWST”) is actively recruiting a Head Age Group Coach. We are seeking a top tier coach to take our age group program to the next level while continuing to honor the strong traditions associated with TWST. Our swimmers have won more Texas Age Group Championships than any other team in the history of the event. Our main training facility is the CISD Natatorium, an 8 lane 50 meter or 20 lane 25 yard pool. We also use three outdoor heated community pools with 6 lanes/ 25 yards at each location. In addition to our competitive team of 400+swimmers, we have a non-competitive training group and a learn to swim program.
Candidates must have a strong background in stroke mechanics, drylands and development of a strong age group program while instilling leadership, ownership and confidence in every swimmer.
Qualifications for Head Age Group Coach:
- 8 years or more competitive coaching with a minimum of 5 years leading high-level age group swimmers.
- Charismatic leader and team player with the following traits: takes initiative, understands how to lead by example, enthusiastic, energetic and able to motivate.
- History of working successfully with head coach in developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Able to create and nurture environment of excellence in sport through aerobic/anaerobic training, drills, drylands and racing.
- Understands and clearly communicates proper stroke development and techniques from age group to senior swimmers and can motivate swimmers to achieve their potential.
- ASCA Level 5 certification or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Team Manager and Team Unify.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a 401K option. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Specific job responsibilities available upon request. We will be accepting applications through the end of December 2015. The right candidate should be prepared to join the staff as soon as possible, but no later than March 2016 (beginning of upcoming long course season). This is a great opportunity to become a part of one of the best programs in the United States. Please send resume and cover letter with references to Tim Bauer – Head Coach of TWST at [email protected]
with Great Hills Aquatic Rush
Head Swim Coach Needed – Great Hills Country Club, Austin, TX
The Coach will work closely with the Aquatics Director on programming and overall planning for the team. The Coach will be responsible for running the Senior and Gold practice groups for the club and working collaboratively with the Assistant Coach to prepare dryland workouts and plans. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of high level swimming, as well as an ability to attend swim meets and Saturday practices.
About the team
Great Hills Aquatic Rush is a smaller team, running out of North Austin. The faster groups are beginning to grow into senior sectional cuts, as well as looking at earning their way into the high school state meet. The swimming IQ of the swimmers has been a large focus, as has been mobility and flexibility throughout all movements and aspects of the sport.
Great Hills Aquatic Rush has both full time with benefits and part time positions available.
Contact Samantha Stemmermann
with Saint Andrew's Swimming
Saint Andrew’s Swimming in Boca Raton, FL is seeking individuals with a passion for competitive swimming and the desire to promote a positive environment among swimmers. Saint Andrew’s Swimming is hiring a full-time coach for developmental swimmers ages 12 and under, as well as administrative assistant to Head Coach. We are also hiring a part-time coach for the same age group, as our swimming family continues to grow!
Interested applicants will need the following skills:
Competitive Swimming knowledge and understanding
Computer knowledge in Word, Excel, and/or MAC Pages, Numbers
Knowledge in Team Unify/Hytek Team Manager Meet Manager and USA Swimming database
Assertiveness, Ability to take initiative on tasks
Get along with co-workers as a Team
Salary to be discussed privately.