with Sharks Aquatic Club - NC
The Sharks Aquatic Club (SAC) is looking for a positive, high-energy, motivated Head Coach, with a track record of successful results. This job posting is not like others, this is a chance to build a program to the vision of the hired coach. SAC previously has been a team over 100 swimmers, but due to turnover in coaches and board, the 2nd oldest in team in North Carolina is looking to rebuild. We are searching for an ambitious individual to bring the program to its potential; allowing the Head Coach’s earnings to grow with the success of the program. This is truly a unique opportunity.
SAC is a non-profit, year round swim program located in Kings Mountain and Shelby, NC; approximately 35 miles west of Charlotte. The Sharks team is run by an experienced board with strong community support, plentiful pool space, and solid financial stability.
Prospective candidates must be USA-Swimming registered swim coaches and in good standing.
ASCA Certified Level 3 or above preferred. Minimum of 3 years coaching at a senior level or Head Age Group Coach level and Head Coach experience preferred.
Competitive salary offered based on experience.
Standard USA Swimming coaching duties apply; detailed responsibilities upon request.
with Olympian Swim Club
The Olympian Swim Club (“OSC”) is searching for a Head Coach who will join OSC for the 2016-2017 swimming season.
OSC will be entering into its 42nd season this fall and has a proud history of being one of Canada’s top teams, consistently placing in top five both provincially and nationally. Our club operates programs in the City of Edmonton and the City of St. Albert. We currently have approximately 155 swimmers in our competitive program and 170 swimmers in our pre-competitive program. We currently have a number of swimmers within our program who have achieved success at the provincial and national level.
We train out of seven different facilities in and around Edmonton. Our club employs a bookkeeper and an administrator for day to day billing and administrative tasks. Additionally we have an active and supportive group of parent volunteers who enable the club to have the reputation of hosting well run swim meets.
We are looking for an experienced Head Coach with the vision to help grow the size of our club’s programs and build on the existing strengths of our programs to take OSC to the next level. The successful candidate will possess swimming knowledge and expertise in the development of swimmers combined with great organization skills and the ability to foster team spirit.
- Minimum Level II (level III preferred) in the National Coach Certification Program ( or equivalent experience and expertise)
- Eligible for registration and membership with SNC, Swim Alberta, and CSCTA
- A University Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma in the health and fitness or physical education field would be an asset
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as the coach of a swim club with a minimum of 5 years coaching age group level swimmers or above
- Experience in a supervisory position with a swim club
- Experience in training provincial and national level swimmers
- Experience in recruiting, managing, and training a team of coaches
- Experience in budgeting would be an asset
Abilities and Expertise
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to motivate swimmers to reach and surpass their goals
- Ability to foster a positive atmosphere and mutual respect amongst swimmers and staff
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to develop and implement a high quality technical program
- Familiarity with Hy-Tek software and the Team Unify website platform
- Coach OSC’s most advanced swimming group comprised of national qualifiers and swimmers on the verge of national qualification
- Develop, maintain and update the technical program for OSC’s competitive swimming program
- Help establish criteria for movement between training groups and set a developmental strategy
- Work with various OSC coaches to assist in developing technical programs for their specific training groups
- Work in concert with OSC’s coordinator of our non-competitive program and oversee the development and delivery of that program
- To oversee the delivery of OSC’s dryland training program (dryland, nutrition, sports psychology) including the retention of outside independent contractors as required
- To recruit, train and supervise OSC’s coaches, including conducting regular performance reviews
- To coach at various local, provincial, and national swim meets
- To manage our allocated pool time in multiple facilities
- To work with the City of Edmonton, the City of St. Albert and NAIT to maintain and grow our allocation of pool time
- Attend monthly Board of Directors’ meetings as an ex-officio member and work with the board on matters such as budgeting, communication, strategic planning, and policy development
- Aid in the recruitment of new swimmers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with various OSC stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with parents and athletes regarding all aspects of the swimmer’s performance
Salary and Start Date
- Salary is negotiable and will be based on qualifications and experience
- Start date is negotiable, however preference will be given to candidates who are able to start no later than August 1, 2016
- The supply of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check will be mandatory prior to employment being confirmed
Please apply for this position by emailing your resume and covering letter to the President of the Olympian Swim Club, Rob Farmer at [email protected]. Along with your application please submit proof of coaching credentials as well as at least three references able to attest to your performance within the last two years.
The Olympian Swim Club’s Selection Committee reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by the applicant.
Any questions regarding this position may be directed to Rob Farmer at this email address as well.
with Stafford Aquatics Team (STAT)
Stafford Aquatics Team (STAT) is looking for an experienced Part Time / Full Time DEVELOPMENTAL COACH for the 2016-17 Season.
This position would start in September of 2016 and has the potential to evolve into a full time opportunity. Pay is commensurate with experience. Coach’s responsibilities would be developing and running practices for our Novice groups.
Applicants must have or complete the following:
- 1-2 years coaching experience (year-round or summer)
- CPR/ First Aid – ASCA Certified Level 1 (preferred)
- USA Swimming Background Check
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Athlete Protection Training
Please email your resume to Kim Correa at [email protected] or send to
Stafford Aquatics Team
P.O. Box 836
Stafford, VA 22555
with Iowa Lakes Community College
Position: Enrollment Coach and Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach
Classification: Professional Support
Department: Student Services
Report to: Director of Admission/Athletic Director
General Job Summary:
The Enrollment Coach is responsible for a caseload of prospective students, applicants and newly admitted students. They will serve as the primary point of contact for students within their assigned territories. Position will travel extensively and represent Iowa Lakes Community College across the state of Iowa and surrounding states. Position includes all responsibilities associated with coaching men’s and women’s swimming at the collegiate level including recruitment, training, academic support and instilling sportsmanship. Promote fundraising, awarding scholarships, management of program budgets and promotion of current players to four year institutions.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct
- English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in related area required; Master’s Degree preferred. Possess excellent people skills and a thorough understanding of Iowa Lakes Community College and our role in the state educational system. Possess adequate computer skills and personal vehicle for extensive travel. Three years’ experience in student personnel area desired. Three years experience as Head Swimming Coach or a combination of four years experience as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach desired. Coaching, teaching and student personnel experience at the college level preferred.
Salary: $39,500/260 day contract
Paid medican leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
- Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Position open until filled.
Download application at www.iowalakes.edu/jobs.
Contact Amanda Schniebs at [email protected] or 712-362-0409 with questions.
Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources Office, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334
with Mitchell Aquatic Club
Head Age Group Coach – Full Time Mitchell, South Dakota
Mitchell Aquatic Club
Mitchell Aquatic Club (MAC) is seeking an experienced coach to work primarily with swimmers 6 to 12 and assist with kids 13 and over.
MAC is focused on motivating, teaching, and training young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming. Our mission is to create an experience which will provide life skills that will prove to be valuable assets throughout their life. We are looking for an individual who is flexible, is passionate about swimming, and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying the foundation necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
1) Conduct workouts 4-5 days per week, approximately 3-4 hours per day of on deck time.
2) Assist with our learn to swim program.
3) Assist Head Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including maintaining the team website, swim meet preparation, and communication with parents.
4) Work closely with the other MAC coaches and board of directors on issues that concern the club as a whole.
5) Participate in weekend swim meets as required, minimum 1 per month.
Qualifications: previous work experience coaching, preferably CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard certified. Ability to pass USA Swimming background check.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should direct their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED************
The newly combined team of the Chartiers Valley Swim Club and the Upper St Clair Swim Club is looking to hire a full time Administrative Head Coach. The position will report to the presidents of each of the club’s sites and work closely with the head coaches of the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
Running Registration including the preparation of the AMS Registration packet
Managing and maintaining Website
Managing a weekly coaching schedule. Coaches will coordinate directly with Admin on all scheduling issues: time off, time unavailable, need to switch assigned times
Working with head coaches to develop meet coverage schedules
Reviewing and approving weekly timesheets and expense receipts from all coaches before submitting to clubs’ treasurers
Acting a Meet Entry Chair
Managing all of the club’s aquatic programs at all facilities
Coordinating general communications with club members and the public through appropriate social media channels
Facilitating meet entries for the club
Organizing travel meets
Updating club records and Top Ten times
Managing facility permits
Coordinating with the Board to ensure all coaches and volunteers have necessary clearances
Researching and completing application for USA Swimming club level consideration
Additional responsibilities will be discussed/considered depending on the
with Bishop O'Connell High School
Bishop O’Connell is seeking a head coach for the swim program. Candidates should have strong leadership and organizational skills, be an excellent communicator, and be able to recruit and mentor a staff to assist in the daily implementation of the program. The selected candidate will be dedicated to the community and mission of the school, be able to recruit quality student-athletes to the school, be able to organize a robust off season program, serve as a mentor for developing the overall student-athlete, and assist student-athletes with the college recruiting process. Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to Athletic Director Joe Wootten at [email protected].
with METROPOLITAN YMCA OF THE ORANGES
Sussex County YMCA, a branch of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges is seeking a successful and proven Competitive Swim Director. Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, the Competitive Swim Director is responsible for the management of the swim team in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth with the YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming and the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges. The position needs to possess knowledge of competitive swimming and the ability to teach techniques instruction for all ages and abilities. The position is expected to form positive relationships, mentor as appropriate and effectively communicate with coaching staff, swim team members, swim team parents and the Sussex County YMCA Community. The Director also must be in agreement with the mission of the YMCA and be willing to carry it out.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum Level 3 The American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) certification or higher.
- At least 5 years of experience coaching competitive swimming and training and competition.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the management of a competitive swim team program of 100+ swimmers.
- Prior experience hiring and supervision of assistant coaches.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the swim team parents, committee and volunteers.
- Ability to create an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the swimmers, while ensuring fair practice and swim meet experiences.
- Must be currently certified in First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Swim Coaches Safety Training. Preferred certifications include YMCA/ American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, HyTek software (Team/Meet Manager), TeamUnify and good written and verbal communication are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
with Western Illinois University
Institution: Western Illinois University
Position: Graduate Assistant- Diving Coach
Western Illinois University is located in Macomb, IL , and is a member of the Summit League Conference. Information about the team can be found at www.goleathernecks.com. Information about the university can be found at www.wiu.edu.
Job Description: Western Illinois University Men’s and Women’s Diving program is seeking candidates for a Graduate Assistant Diving Coach starting in the Fall 2016. The responsibilities will be to assist the Head Swimming Coach in all areas of the swimming program. Knowledge of seasonal planning and implementation of diving program, recruiting, designing different dryland activities, stretching, and prehab activities are preferred. Please send resumes, college transcript, and the names of three references to Greg Naumann, Head Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, via email [email protected]
Requirements: The candidate must have their undergraduate degree and must be admitted to a graduate program. Admission requirement for an assistantship is a cumulative 3.0 GPA, and the appointed individual must maintain a 3.0 minimum GPA while in graduate school.
Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled, but applicants should have their information in by May 31, 206. Any questions, email Head Coach Greg Naumann at [email protected] or 660-216-7845.
with Pine Crest School
Position: Part Time (Hourly) Swim Lessons Instructor- Pine Crest School
Job Description: We are looking for a fun, dependable, enthusiastic instructor to join our team in the Fort Lauderdale location. Swim lessons instructor will teach all levels, starting from as young as 2 years old. We conduct our swim lessons on weekday afternoons. This position is part time and paid hourly.
The main responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Ensuring safety of the participants
Teaching basic survival skills in the water
Teaching all four swimming strokes
Providing a fun and positive atmosphere
Communicate appropriately and professionally with students, guardians and colleagues
Follow emergency procedures and school rules
The candidates must have excellent knowledge of all four swimming strokes and teaching techniques and have experience teaching swim lessons. Water safety or lifeguard certification is a plus. A full background check screening and fingerprinting will be required. Please include full resume and two references.
Position will remain open until filled.
Pine Crest Swimming, one of the premier Swim Teams in South Florida is located at the campus of Pine Crest School: Established in 1934, Pine Crest School embraces a heritage of family and family values. Every student, parent, and faculty member shares an intangible tie to Pine Crest, and that sense of connection within our school community is our strongest and dearest tradition.
Our founder Dr. Mae McMillan established Pine Crest in 1934 with an educational vision to encourage academic achievement, athletic accomplishments, and cultural appreciation.
with Potomac Marlins
The Potomac Marlins are a coach owned and operated, multi-facility USA Swimming program entering our 25th season with a current membership of 650 swimmers. We are seeking highly energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational Full Time / Part Time Age Group coaches for our Central Park Aquatic Center (CPAC) Manassas VA area program and our Cub Run Rec. Center Chantilly VA program. Positions at both facilities are available immediately for the remainder of the current 2015-16 Short Course season (May 2016), summer Long Course season and the upcoming 2016-17 Short Course season which begins in September 2016.
- 3+ years USAS Coaching experience (5 yrs. preferred).
- ASCA 2 or higher
- Former accomplished swimmer with personal swimming background (preferred).
- Current Certification requirements per USAS standards (CPR, First Aid, Swim Coaches safety, Clear background screen, Clear Social Media check, Passing Athlete Protection Course).
- Ability to work with/learn Team Unify and Hytek software.
- Must have excellent skills in Stroke Technique Instruction and Correction.
- Excellent inter-personnel and communications skills (verbal & written). Positive demeanor and approachable. Strong Leadership, Organizational and Managerial Skills
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Represent Potomac Marlins in a professional and mature manner at all times.
- Strive to be a positive ROLE MODEL for all Potomac Marlins swimmers.
- Coordinate with Team’s Head Coach and Primary Site Coach to develop seasonal training plan for practice groups. Responsible for writing workouts and running Age Group workout groups within the philosophy of the program.
- Attending all swim meets in which swimmers from personal practice groups are attending. (Not to exceed two meets per month).
- Participate in all staff meetings as required by Head Coach/owner.
- Monthly/weekly/daily communications with Member families and Owners as necessary.
- Responsible for Meet Entries (review and approving) for practice groups. Coordinate with Primary Site Coach regarding Meet Entry process and post meet review of CPAC swimmer meet results.
- Meet set-up and take-down assistance for Hosted/sponsored meets as required by Head coach.
- Attendance at annual awards ceremony and team events functions.
- Provide Goal meetings with athletes as/if necessary.
- Play an active role in recruiting activities in conjunction with the owners throughout the year.
- Dealing with disciplinary issues per team policies and in coordination with Head Coach/Owners and Primary Site Coach.
- Monitoring daily practice attendance.
- Maintain education within the sport.
- $20-30/hr. pending experience.
- Cub Run: M-W-F mornings 4:30- 6:00 a.m. Saturday Mornings 6:00- 9:30 a.m. M-T-W-Th afternoons 5:30- 8:00/9:00 p.m.
- CPAC: M-T-W-TH-F mornings 5:00- 6:30 a.m. Saturday 6:30-9:00 a.m.
M-T-W-TH-F evenings 5:30- 7:30 p.m.
- Travel meet expenses, certifications, outfitting and coach education expenses covered by team.
- Available hours are offered as afternoon only, morning only, or can be combined for one position.
with Western State Colorado University
Western State Colorado University is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Head Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with a salary of $31,000.
DUTIES: Responsibilities include providing leadership, planning, organizing, and administering all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program with emphasis on skill development, training and conditioning, and the maintenance of a strong academic environment. Duties include scheduling, budget management, fundraising, and recruiting highly qualified student-athletes within University and NCAA guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of three years collegiate Swimming & Diving coaching experience preferred. Knowledge of NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving practices and regulations, must become NCAA II recruiting certified, ability to establish good rapport and relationships with players, administrators, staff, alumni and the general public. Must have proven administrative, organizational and recruiting skills.
with The College at Brockport Swimming and Diving
The Graduate Assistant coach will report the to the Head Swimming Coach/Aquatics Director and be involved in every aspect of the NCAA Division III program. Recruiting, team travel, on-deck technique and practice implementation, strength training, fundraising and any other duties that arise.
Bachelor’s Degree, CPR/First aid/Lifeguard certified, collegiate swimming experience (previous coaching experience preferred), a thorough understanding of the recruiting process, an open mind and a desire to learn ( Brockport is one of the first race-pace trained teams in college swimming)
Tuition, $10,000 and a meal plan provided.
with Florida Gulf Coast University
FGCU is seeking individuals to fill two available positions — Volunteer Swimming Assistant & Volunteer Diving Assistant Coach
FGCU is taking applications to for Volunteer Assistant coach in both swimming & diving. The position reports directly to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and is an opportunity to learn all aspects of coaching and administering a Division 1 Swimming and Diving program while working under Atlantic Sun Conference, Coastal Collegiate Sports Association and Division 1 NCAA rules and regulations.
Assist with daily operations of swimming and diving program
Assist with coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
Assist with video analysis of technique of student athletes
Assist with sport science support of student athletes
Assist with strength and conditioning of student athletes
Assist with recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with University, A Sun, CCSA and NCAA rules and regulations
Assist with meet management duties
Aid in the development and assist in monitoring academic progress
Assist with Camps/Clinics/Lessons and other programming developed and organized by the Head Coach
These duties and responsibilities, as well as other assigned duties, will be instrumental in the role of Volunteer Assistant Coach.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience in collegiate competition is preferred
Knowledge of some technical areas, as well as competition training and technique
Basic computer skills
Good communication skills, work ethic and ability to learn quickly
How to apply:
Send an email expressing your interest for either position with a resume to Neal Studd, Head Swimming & Diving Coach [email protected]
— Please include 3 professional references
Any questions about the position can be sent to Amanda Smith, Assistant Coach [email protected]
with Missouri State University Swimming & Diving
The Department of Athletics at Missouri State University (NCAA Division 1) is now accepting applications for the Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach position. The Graduate Assistant will assist in all aspects of the program, from coaching student-athletes, season planning, team travel, and recruiting. Unlike many other college graduate assistant positons, you will be relied on to design and implement workouts and oversee the training and development of a group of student-athletes. In addition, you will also be gaining valuable experience by completing daily duties for the program.
This is a great opportunity for individuals that are aspiring to be full time college coaches. This position provides full tuition toward a graduate degree as well as a monthly living stipend. Applicants must be accepted into the Missouri State University graduate school and meet minimum requirement required for graduate assistantship. For graduate assistantship requirements and to apply, please go to http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/. Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and references to Missouri State University Head Swimming & Diving Coach, Dave Collins at [email protected] or Dave Collins, Head Swimming and Diving Coach, 901 S. National Ave, Springfield MO 65897.