with Eastern Michigan University
Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment, counseling, conditioning, training and coaching of a varsity team.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities:|
|Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
Assist in the organization and direction of all activities of a varsity sport.
Assist in the recruitment of prospective athletes to the University.
Coach team members individually and in groups, demonstrating techniques of the game.
Counsel and advise student athletes with personal or academic problems.
Report to one broad area of specific responsibility, as assigned.
Make position assignments and determine areas needing improvements.
Assist with development of contest strategy.
Serve as Head Coach in his/her absence.
Assist with summer camps and fund-raising activities.
Perform related departmental duties as required.
|A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Knowledge of sport rules, conference rules, appropriate training techniques, and winning play/contest strategies, for assigned sport.
Three years previous college coaching experience within the sport is desirable.
Experience in counseling and advising student athletes is desirable.
with Lost Creek Aquatics
Lost Creek Aquatics (www.lostcreekaquatics.com), the third largest club in South Texas Swimming, has just expanded into a fourth location and is seeking assistant swim coaches to work with all age groups at each of our locations, and coaches to conduct dryland sessions for all age groups. LCA is currently building a state-of-the art facility in the Westlake area, which will generate additional opportunities for coaches to work with swim lessons, masters programs, triathlete training, water polo, diving, and other aquatics programming. Our program has swimmers of all ages and abilities—from summer league rookies to Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- Current USA Swimming coach credentials or the ability to become certified within two weeks of hire
- One to two year’s minimum competitive coaching experience with a USA Swimming member club
- Competitive swimming experience as an athlete is preferred
- Experience working with Team Unify is preferred
- Ability to travel to swim meets
- Passion for the sport and for working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Professional appearance and positive attitude
Hours are afternoons, Monday through Friday, during the academic year, plus Saturday mornings. Most positions are 20-25 hours per week.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Positions will be open until filled. We will begin interviewing candidates July 11.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your coaching experience and swimming background to [email protected].
Locations: Lost Creek Country Club (2612 Lost Creek Blvd, Austin), Lakeway Swim Center (3103 Lakeway Blvd, Lakeway), Bella Mar Pool in Steiner Ranch (12401 Bella Mar Trail, Austin), and Twin Creeks Country Club (3201 Twin Creeks Club Dr, Cedar Park)
with Dunlap Dolphins Swim Team (DDST)
The Dunlap Dolphins Swim Team (DDST) has an opening for a Head Coach to lead our team in the pursuit of excellence in the sport of swimming. DDST is a non-profit, year round competitive swim program founded in 1998. The team is run cooperatively between the Head Coach and the elected Board of Directors. Comprised of 125 to 135 swimmers, the team ranges in age and ability from Novice through Junior National qualifiers, and a recently named All-American. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing community and team.
Applicants for the Head Coach position should possess:
- 3-5 years coaching experience, Novice through Senior Championship Levels
- Current coach member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid, etc.)
- Pass all Dunlap District 323 background checks and fingerprinting requirements
- Proficiency with swim management software
- ASCA certification preferred
- 2-4 year college degree or equivalent education
- Extensive knowledge of stroke technique and swimmer development
- Be a positive role model and maintain high ethical and moral standards in accordance with the team’s mission and vision. Adhere to the USA Swimming’s Coaching Code of Conduct and Safe Sport rules.
- Be passionate about swimming while developing potential and recognizing the value of all swimmers.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude focused on teamwork while meeting the needs of all team members
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning.
- Demonstrate a cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for a staff of 5-10 coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons in conjunction with the board.
- Attend board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct monthly staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a range of $35,000-$45,000.
- Benefits include an insurance stipend of $300/month, bonus opportunities, and travel expense reimbursement.
- Candidates should be prepared to join the staff as soon as possible, but no later than August 15, 2016 for the beginning of short course season.
To learn more about the team, please visit our website at www.dunlapdolphins.com.
with Penobscot Bay YMCA
Join the Penobscot Bay YMCA, one of the fastest growing YMCAs in Northern New England. Live on the beautiful coast of Maine, surrounded by abundant nature resources, great schools and modern YMCA facilities. Established swim team with nearly 100 swimmers and a history of high achieving athletes. We are looking for a high energy professional to bring passion to the pool deck each day and share that love for swimming with our athletes.
Penobscot Bay YMCA is seeking a successful and proven Competitive Swim Director / Head Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, this individual is responsible for the management of the swim team in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming and the Penobscot Bay YMCA. The person filling this position needs to possess knowledge of competitive swimming and be able to utilize various instructional techniques based on age and ability. This individual is expected to form positive relationships, mentor as appropriate and effectively communicate with coaching staff, swim team members, parents and the Penobscot Bay YMCA Community in general. The successful candidate must have a vision for growth and be willing to work within the Aquatics Department and community to develop a larger, year-around competitive swim program.
¨ Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
¨ Hires, trains, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
¨ Monitors team activities to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
¨ Plans and monitors all aspects of training and competition, including swim team practice and meet schedules.
¨ Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
¨ In conjunction with the Aquatics Director, develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
¨ Assists in YMCA and Swim Team fund raising activities and special events.
¨ Effectively communicates to all competitive swimming stakeholders including; participants, parents, assistant coaches, members and fellow Y staff members.
¨ Compiles and manages program statistics and data. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
¨ Create and implement developmentally appropriate training programs for all swim team athletes.
¨ Instruct swim lessons and stroke development clinics to participants of all ages.
¨ Creates and maintains a positive, supportive team environment, where all athletes grow and develop into healthy young adults.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
YMCA COMPETENCIES: Team Leader
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
¨ Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
¨ Three years of coaching experience.
¨ Certified YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED and First Aid certifications.
¨ YUSA’S Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving Certification.
¨ ASCA Level Two Coaching Certification.
¨ Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
¨ Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize time demands.
¨ Working knowledge of modern aquatic facilities procedures, practices, and equipment.
¨ Knowledge of current competitive swimming training techniques and ability to teach all four strokes.
¨ Clean driving record and ability to pass mini bus driving test.
¨ Must be at least 21 years of age.
Excellent benefit package which includes 7% retirement upon eligibility, 403B plan, health, life insurance, generous PTO plan, professional development opportunities and complimentary use of YMCA facilities.
Salary Range: $14-$16 per hour (non-exempt)
with Spokane Area Swimming
Spokane Area Swimming (SAS) is a medium-size, well-established Level 3 swim club located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. SAS is seeking a Level 3, or higher, head coach. With a strong tradition of Olympic Trials, Junior Nationals, and Sectionals qualifiers, SAS is striving to continue the tradition of achievement gained throughout the years. The candidate shall be committed to increasing our swimmer base to sustain our status as a powerhouse within our LSC. Growth and retention will be rewarded through incentives and bonuses. SAS operates as a parent-run board, therefore strong, positive and energetic communication with the board and swim community is a must. The team culture of inclusion, sportsmanship and enthusiasm is a source of tremendous pride, and the successful candidate will foster and maintain that spirit.
Job duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five years related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Show a willingness to work with parents and community
• Coach should be a minimum ASCA Level 3
• Experience with a swim team of 50 or more swimmers.
• Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming
• Substantial coaching experience and proven success with both developmental and elite swimmers
• Show a history of professional development of assistant coaches
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Well versed in Team Unify platforms
• Responsible for oversight and training plans for all levels of swimming in the SAS programs.
• Ensure self sustaining and ever-growing developmental and age group base within the
• Participate in recruitment activities/opportunities to garner new swimmers and create team growth.
• Oversee seasonal progression of athletes and monitor phases of development with individual
swimmers, taking into consideration cognitive, behavioral and motor skill development.
• Have prompt attendance at all scheduled workouts and swim meets.
• Determine with other coaches, when a swimmer is ready to advance to the next group at appropriate times throughout the year.
• Plan each season’s meet and travel schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, and athletes and their families.
• The Head Coach is responsible for managing travel budget, conducting meetings before and during travel, and reporting in writing on the results of all team travel.
• Assign necessary staff for all scheduled swim meets and practices.
• Serve as head coach on deck for Senior/National Level swimmers.
• Determine all individual and relay events for athletes at swim meets; or review those selected by assistant coaching staff.
• Maintain an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
• Promote and recommend senior athletes to college swim programs, assisting with their recruitment processes.
• Facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
• Recruit and retain the coaching staff within budget determined by the Board of Directors.
• Provide annual staff development goals, and set training calendar to ensure progression by all coaching staff.
• Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate placement of staff within club programs and for educating, supervising, and mentoring all staff members.
• Provide formal written performance appraisals for staff on annual basis that highlight both
individual strengths and development opportunities; provide copies to Board of Directors.
• Maintain healthy professional relationships with the Board of Directors marked by timely and appropriate written, spoken, and electronic communication, typically monthly reports during board meetings.
• Maintain and oversee the publication of the team calendar on the website.
• Attend all SAS general membership and Board of Director meetings excluding closed sessions as dictated by the Board of Directors.
• Notify various local media outlets (television stations, newspapers, etc.) about outstanding events and athletes, such as Olympic Trial qualifiers, record breaking swims, or important meet information.
• Communicate regularly and appropriately with general membership via monthly newsletter, blog, Facebook, team and training group meetings, email, and individual meetings or conferences as needed.
• Facilitate beginning of season registration process with Team Administrator.
• Administer and enforce team policies and procedures with general membership and coaching staff.
• Support and facilitate annual Strategic Planning process and review.
• Oversee the SAS website, disbursement of meet information, posting of meet results, meet publicity, team travel information, team records, team files and team roster.
• Maintain daily attendance records for all training groups.
• Assist in marketing and fundraising efforts regarding organization and athletes.
• Provide methodology and coordinate awards and recognition at annual member banquet.
Other duties to consist of competent financial stewardship, and facilities management.
• Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications plus potential for yearly incentives/ bonuses for club growth and retention.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization along with coaching philosophy and values, a resume, and at least three references to Tim Lewis, Board President, email address: [email protected]
Candidates must be available to travel to Spokane, Washington for an interview.
For more information about SPOKANE AREA SWIMMING see www.spokaneareaswimming.org.
For more information about the Spokane, WA area, please use the following link http://experiencespokane.com/index.shtml
with Cayman Tennis Academy
We are seeking an individual to fulfill the role of SWIMMING & FITNESS COACH .
- Contract Duration: Initially 6 months, but with a view to full time, permanent position (immediate start date)
- Location: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Salary:US$2,500 to US$3,000 per month DOE, tax free
- Hours:Minimum of 20 hours per week
- Benefits:cell phone, pension and health insurance
Experience, skills and qualifications:
1. Minimum of three years swimming instruction/fitness instruction experience, especially experience with children (1 year to adult). A large portion of this position will be coaching and instructing children.
2. First Aid/CPR Certified
3.Ability to coach beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
4.Strong administrative skills essential as large volumes of daily e-mail correspondence
5. Must present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Teach swimming skills from the fundamentals of kicking, stroking and rhythmic breathing properly for free style, breast stroke, back stroke and butterfly. Help earlyswim levels establish a safe, positive and lifelong relationship with the water
- Ability to teach endurance, water safety and rescue skills
- Promote the swimming/fitness programs and actively aim to increase participation
- Assist in the preparation, organisation and delivery of events
- Ensure health and safety requirements are adhered to and are to the highest standards.
- Be prepared to move around to different locations around the island according to operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
1. First Aid/CPR Certified
2. Full clean driver’s license
3. Clean police clearance certificate
4. Two professional references
with Trinity University, TX
The position is a full-time, twelve-month contract staff appointment. As assigned by the Head Coach, responsibilities will include coaching and recruiting for women’s intercollegiate swim team, second assignment within the Athletic Department, and teaching activity classes. The position will require work on weekends, nights, and holidays. The position reports to the Head Swim Coach.
with Heart of Texas Aquatics Team
The Heart of Texas Aquatics Team (HEAT), a parent-owned, 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving Waco and the surrounding communities in Central Texas, is looking for an experienced Head Coach. The HEAT is a competitive, year round swim club that trains at Family YMCA. The team consists of 60+ swimmers varying from beginning swimmers to swimmers that compete at Junior Nationals, Sectionals, Zones and State Championship meets. The ideal candidate will possess: a minimum of 5 years of Head Coaching experience (USA Swimming, high school, or college); a passion for the sport and the ability to help our swimmers achieve their desired goals; the ability to communicate effectively with parents, the Board and other coaching staff; a positive demeanor accompanied with a “go-getter” attitude; a clear understanding of the importance of stroke development and correct technique; the ability to manage the day to day tasks of a swim team and work effectively with Board; a willingness to listen and collaborate; the ability to work with a variety of ages and levels of swimmers; experience managing assistant coaches; Level 3 ASCA certifications or equivalent experience; ability to coach swimmers to or beyond the National Level. Team Unify experience is a plus. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. More information about the Heart of Texas Aquatics Team can be found at www.heatswim.org. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and at least 3 personal references relating directly to previous swim coach experience. Emails should be sent to the Search Committee Chair, [email protected]. The application will be accepted until the position is filled.
with University of Connecticut Division of Athletics
The University of Connecticut is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, paid intern position with the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program. Responsibilities will include: assisting the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach in planning and organizing all phases of a Division I men’s and women’s swimming program including recruitment of prospective student-athletes; development of the student-athlete; game preparation; assisting with pool operation, and other administrative duties as assigned by the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; previous experience as a swimmer or coach at the collegiate swimming level; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, communication and public relations skills. USS Coaching, Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid instructor certifications needed at the time of employment.
Preferred Qualifications: one season of coaching experience with a collegiate swimming program.
Term of Appointment: August 1, 2016 through April 15, 2017
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act, your temporary appointment may afford you the opportunity to purchase optional State employee health insurance at group rates.
Applicants must email letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to: [email protected] Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics - Alpine Hills
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (PASA), Alpine Hills Site, is currently seeking coaches who will begin Fall 2016 or earlier. Part-time positions are available with regularly scheduled weekday and monthly weekend commitments. Candidates must demonstrate strong work ethic and communication skills. Candidates should be passionate about the sport of competitive swimming, be team players and be motivated to have a positive influence on young people.
Lead Coach – Bronze and Silver groups
Report to Head Coach
Oversee development of training and competitive skills of swimmers ages 10 & Under
Responsible for seasonal, weekly and daily planning
Each group will have an active roster of 12-30 swimmers
Practices 5 days/week 3:30-5:30pm timeframe Fall/Winter/Spring, 7:30-9:00am timeframe Summer, paid hourly
1 weekend meet per month, paid hourly
1 Friday, Saturday or Sunday team event per month, paid hourly
Compensation based on experience and qualifications.
Our practices take place at Alpine Hills Tennis & Swim Club, a private club for members that welcomes non-member participation in programs. Visit www.alpinehills.us
For more information about our PASA program at Alpine Hills, visit our team website at www.teamunify.com/pcpasaah
with Northern Arizona University
The assistant coach for women’s swimming coach is a twelve-month position which will report to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach. Responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach with all aspects of running a Division I women’s swimming and diving program, to include, but not limited to recruiting, on-deck coaching, dry-land conditioning, meet management, travel coordination, development of seasonal plan, alumni relations, and adherence to NCAA, Big Sky, Western Athletic Conference and NAU rules.
Potential opportunity for earning additional income through aquatic center, club coaching, and/or camps and clinics exists.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of college coaching experience OR at least six years of coaching or competing at the national, collegiate, or international level.
- Master’s degree
- Experience monitoring student-athlete academic attendance and progress
- Former collegiate athlete
- Working knowledge of Hy-tek Meet Manager and Team Manager
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to serve well in an increasingly diverse community.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to recruit on state and regional level.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and successful passing of NCAA Recruiting Test.
- All coaches have a duty to cooperate with and furnish the NCAA, Big Sky Conference and NAU with truthful and complete information concerning involvement in or knowledge of rules violations as mandated by NCAA Bylaw 10.1. Satisfactory rules knowledge and rules compliance are conditions of employment. This position, in particular, will fully participate and cooperate in compliance-related activities, procedures and evaluation. Coaches are held to strict NCAA guidelines regarding all of the following:
– Athletic Equipment and Apparel, Coaching Staff Limits and Contracts
Complimentary Admissions, Employment of Student-Athletes
– Financial Aid, Institutional Camps and Clinics
– Institutional Certification of Compliance, Recruiting
– Representatives of the University’s Athletic Interests, Rules Education
– Team Travel
Commensurate with experience
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/Eligibility-Enrollment/
30 days, minimum
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a completed application thru the NAU Human Resources website for staff openings, job # 602645. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD – 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
with TYR Sport
TYR Sport is looking for a Product Merchandiser whose experience includes the introduction and execution of new products within an active / lifestyle brand. The applicant will have the unique ability to perform and present marketplace research in a way that speaks to market opportunity, price points, margin expectation and product assortment.
The position requires a balanced business mind where both qualitative and quantitative analysis work hand in hand to see beyond trends, identify what’s next and deliver the right products, to the right places at the right time and price.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Product Merchandiser is responsible for developing a strategic road map to drive sales for TYR and our partners. The applicant understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the best product mix for the marketplace. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting and presenting market research that encompasses endemic consumers, events, competitors, apparel and fitness trends as well as related non-endemic influences.
- Understanding and analyzing the needs of customers/vendors and consumers/athletes
- Traveling to stores and partners, in collaboration with Design, Marketing and Sales, to stay abreast of the marketplace, ahead of trend and to determine the merchandising/assortment strategy for each season
- Ensuring relevant and timely product release based upon research data analysis
- Influencing product rationalization through assortment and offering
- Determining account differentiation needs
- Providing input for channels, tiers and accounts for marketplace Insights and capacity
- Understanding and analyzing market capacity and competitive landscape
- Ensuring brand vision is conveyed through product and marketing
- Perform hind-sighting and adapt assortments as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
We are looking to fill this position with a professional whose industry experience includes merchandising for active-lifestyle brands. We are looking for a dynamic long term partner who will contribute creativity and provoke thought within a team environment. Other qualifications include:
- Full proficiency in assortment planning, retail acumen, marketplace knowledge, consumer knowledge and line planning
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking, including retail execution, color application in assortments, and visual presentation development
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives, network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that includes presentations and meeting facilitation
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to inspire and mentor others within a work group
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to follow-through and meet timelines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 8 years’ of proven and tested experience in merchandising, buying or integrated retail related role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Active or Swim industry
For consideration to this position, please be sure that your application clearly conveys the direct impact you have made with a previous brand within the active or swim industry.
with The Boys' Club Of New York
Position: Water Safety Instructor
Department: Aquatics Department Program: Summer Program
Training Week: June 27th– July 1st Dates: 6 Weeks; July 5th – August 12th
Location: Harriman, Lower East side, NY FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Seasonal
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per/hour
There’s more to working at The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) than punching in, punching out, and picking up a pay check. Every day you spend at BCNY is a day spent making a difference in at least one boy’s life.
The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is one of New York’s oldest and most well-respected youth development organizations and we are moving forward with an exciting and ambitious strategic agenda. Building on over 140 years of helping boys develop into quality young men, we offer programs that help boys and young men stay in school and go on to college, discover their individual musical and artistic talent, develop healthy minds and bodies, learn leadership skills, and just have fun. We are committed to developing evidence-based programs that will be a model for youth development efforts across the field. To make this happen, we are adding to our strong team of talented professionals to deepen and broaden our impact
Summary of Position
Water Safety Instructors
Water Safety Instructors will attentively and safely provide instruction for BCNY’s ‘Learn to Swim’ program, facilitate swimming activities to fulfill program goals, and build appropriate relationships among members and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Runs Red Cross ‘Learn to Swim’ programs for members ages 6-20.
- As directed by the Aquatics Director, develops and writes creative and cooperative age-appropriate activity plans for swimming pool activities.
- Assures that his/her activity plans are implemented at their scheduled times and that participants progress into higher levels of swimming and water-based experiences.
- Takes initiative in recognizing and responding to opportunities for problem solving among participants in swimming pool areas.
- Insures that all necessary Incident Reports and other written reports are completed on a daily basis.
Education and/or Experience
College credits and at least 1 year youth program experience as a pool lifeguard, instructor or comparable experience; Demonstrated leadership ability in an educational, social service and/or youth development settings; Familiarity with principles of supervision, organization, and maintenance; Current Water Safety Certification is a must; First Aid and CPR Certification; Experience working with children is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Oral Communication, Organizational Support, Safety and Security, Adaptability, Dependability
A swimming test will be part of the interview. Hired applicants must have valid certification, physical and TB test prior to start of program.
Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
with University of Nevada, Las Vegas
UNLV Swimming is seeking applications for the top Assistant Coach role in a combined Men’s & Women’s program. UNLV Men compete in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC), the Women in the Mountain West Conference (MWC).
Rebel Swimming & Diving has a proud tradition of being a perennial Conference Championship contender and one of the top mid-major finishers at the NCAA Championships. The program enjoys passionate support from the University and the Alumni.
This position is best suited to someone who:
- Has a proven history of producing at either the DI or Olympic Trial level.
- Brings honesty, high standards, intelligence, creativity, and fair treatment of student-athletes to their coaching philosophy.
- Is a willing, enthusiastic, and organized recruiter.
- Can both take direction and give it.
- Is passionate about both personal and program improvement.
Preferences: Master’s degree (Bachelor’s accepted). Division I coaching and/or playing experience. Division I recruiting experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules.
The position is full-time, and is the top Assistant on the staff. As such, the hired coach is expected to be involved in all aspects of the program and will answer directly to the Head Coach. Salary and title are commensurate with experience, but will be competitive, including full University benefits, including excellent health and retirement plans. Passing a Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate.
Email résumé, letter of interest in this job, and references to Head Coach Ben Loorz – [email protected]
with Islanders Aquatics
Head Age Group Coach
Sayville, Long Island
Islanders Aquatics (IA)
Listed June 23, 2016
Islanders Aquatics is a USA Swimming member club founded in 2011, and part of the Metropolitan Swimming LSC. IA has 280+ year round swimmers, novice through national. IA operates out of 2 indoor pools, one 6 lane 25 meter, & 1×6 lane 25 yd pool. In The Summer we operate in two 8 lane outdoor LC.
This is a full-time salaried position.
Applicant should possess the following:
– ASCA Level 2 or higher, bachelor’s degree preferred.
– Current coach member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid, etc.).
– Proven success coaching novice through championship Age Groupers.
– Cooperative & respectful communication style with swimmers, officials, parents, coaches and co-workers.
– Strong core values that include respect, trust and integrity.
– Ability to provide consistent, positive motivation & strive for excellence.
– Bring high energy & passion to the pool deck every day & share that passion with the athletes.
– Strong knowledge of stroke theory, physiology, & athlete progression.
– Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.
– Well versed in HyTek MM & Team Unify.
– Legally authorized to work in the United States (if not, do not apply)
– All aspects of training & competition in Age Group program.
– Create & administer an Age Group Seasonal/Quad plan under guidance of the Head Coach.
– Supervision & development of assistant age group program coaches, plus practice & meet scheduling.
– Assist with administrative duties.
– Participate in the Budget process.
– Work to establish and maintain team culture to encourage, foster, and maintain team cohesiveness and supportive team environment.
– Embrace the use of technology in athlete training.
– Additional will be communicated (site word limit)
Salary is competitive, negotiable & commensurate with experience. Educational expenses, 2 weeks paid vacation, professional registrations, and meet expenses paid for.
Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter (explain why you are great!) and 3 personal references to: Head Coach Marc Danin at [email protected] Questions – best via email; or by phone 1(631) 406-9497. All applications held in strict confidence. Position is open & will remain open until filled.