with Calvary Christian School
Calvary Christian School is looking for a qualified head coach for our varsity and middle school swim program. Our swim season runs from the middle of October to the end of January. Calvary is looking for a strong Christian role model to lead our young men and women. Duties include organizing practice schedules, teaching proper strokes in the pool and on dryland training, preparing our swim athletes to compete at a high level, transporting the team to their meets. Candidate must have a knowledge of or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager.
with University of La Verne Leopards
The University of La Verne is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $3000.00. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assistance in planning and preparation for all training and competition, on deck coaching, dryland training, all areas of recruiting, fundraising, and pool operation supervision. The candidate will report directly to the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements and be accepted for a University of La Verne Graduate program. They must also have an understanding of; or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager, recruiting software such as FrontRush and social media site maintenance. They must also demonstrate a commitment to; and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, and the University of La Verne and the Athletic Department.
with The Catholic University of America
Catholic University is accepting applications for a graduate assistant position for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program, including (but not limited to) devising a comprehensive training plan, daily practices and workouts, recruiting, and other duties as assigned by the head coach and the administration. Night and weekend availability is a necessity.
Requirements:The ideal candidate should intend to pursue a career in collegiate coaching. Bachelors Degree required, acceptance to a Graduate Program at the Catholic University of America, previous collegiate playing, coaching, or recruiting experience, functional computer skills, and a strong work ethic.
Duties: Provide assistant coaching support for CUA Swimming and Diving to include, but not limited to, recruiting, meet and practice preparation, office management, and logistical support. Other duties will be assigned by the Athletic Department.
This position includes tuition to graduate school and a competitive stipend.
To apply to graduate school at CUA, visit http://admissions.cua.edu/graduate.
To apply for the position, send resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to:
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Marlins are seeking a part-time senior coach to lead our senior group at one of our satellite locations.
– Plan season training for the Senior group and write practices.
– Attend 6 practice sessions per week including dryland (Monday-Saturday).
– Attend meets where senior swimmers are in attendance.
– Complete meet entries for all Senior athletes.
– Communicate with the head coach and other Senior coaches on training principles and Saturday practice plans.
– Communicate with group parents regarding practices, meets and concerns.
– Work with other group coaches to determine move ups for the swimmers.
– Create practice schedules with the lead site coach.
– Competitive swimming background.
– 1-3 years USA Swimming coaching experience (Senior level preferred).
– Strong understanding of training principles and technique development.
– Strong work ethic and communication skills.
– Energy and passion for the sport and youth development.
– Applicants must be current with all USA Swimming safety coaching requirements or be will to obtain them.
– Applicants must be able to pass a USA Swimming background check prior to final hire.
– Preferred start date is April 5th.
For more information about the Marlins, visit our website at www.cincy-marlins.com
with True North Sports
Open to Assistants of ALL Sports!
True North Sports is Accepting Applications for:
The Assistant Coach Immersion Program (ACIP)
- To read more about ACIP please click here:https://truenorthsports.
- To watch ACIP Promo Video click here: https://player.vimeo.
- For FAQ’s please visit: https://
- 2016 ACIP Application: https://
● ACIP is educational training designed to develop assistant coaches at the collegiate level with a focus on self-awareness, leadership theory, management strategies, philosophy and team culture development.
● Innovative yearlong program that brings coaches of all sports together for people skill building and professional coaching community engagement. ACIP is a hybrid program with both in-person training along with virtual training.
● This program is open to men and women assistant coaches of ALL sports.
● ACIP utilizes the Coaching COMPASS Assessment to provide a roadmap for your individual and unique coach development needs.
● The Coaching COMPASS assesses the following seven areas…
○ Organization, Management, Leadership…
○ Moral and Character Skills…
○ Associations and Relationships…
○ Sport IQ
● Program helps prepare assistants to move into head coaching role when they feel ready
● If assistant is not interested in being a head coach, it will help them become the best assistant coach they can be.
● Being an assistant in current system is NOT a true apprenticeship to becoming a head coach.
● Most coach development programs are geared towards the X’s and O’s of their sport and not the people skills needed.
● This program not only builds skills, it also introduces coaches to a community of other professional coaches where they can give and receive support and share innovative ideas in recruiting, team building, communication and how to move through sometimes difficult ethical situations assistants sometimes find themselves in.
Questions? [email protected]
with Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
Lead Age Group Coach Responsibilities:
- Work successfully with our Head Coach and volunteer Board of Directors.
- Recruit new athletes to join team and build community enthusiasm and team camaraderie.
- Develop TTST swimmers’ full potential through refined stroke technique and training
- Maintain a positive attitude and set an example of good sportsmanship, and teach our athletes how to achieve excellence “ in and out of the pool”.
- Parent correspondence/email communication and education.
- Help organize team wide activities etc.
Lead Age Group Coach Requirements:
- Current USA swimming Coach and in good standings with USA Swimming (Background, CPR, First aid, etc)
- Proven success coaching age group swimmers (5 to 14 years old)
- On deck 3 hours/day 5 days a week Monday- Friday and available to assist at swim meets.
Compensation: Based on Experience
with Goldfish Swim School
Goldfish Swim School – Burlington, MA
Goldfish Swim School is looking for fun and energetic Swim Instructors with a sincere love of children and swimming. With our changing cabanas, 90 degree pool, and palm tree we created our own tropical get away just for kids.
Responsibilities/ Qualities we are Looking for
•Friendly instructors to teach kids our curriculum
•Able to effectively communicate with both the students and their parents
•Strong work ethic
•FUN, we want this to be as enjoyable an experience for the students and you as it can be
Benefits for YOU
•Developing strong communication skills, with parents and children, in an educational setting
•The responsibilities learned at this jobs will transfer to others in the future
•The opportunity for growth and development in an expanding company
If you meet all the time requirements above, are a team player, energetic, easy going and are enthusiastic to work with children and make a difference in their lives then this is the job for you! Please note this is a part-time position. Willing to train the right person with a swimming background and/or experience working with children.
Please send your resume detailing your strengths and experiences that would make you a perfect fit for our team here at Goldfish Swim School of Burlington. Please detail your day and time availability. Check out our website at Goldfishswimschool.com. Thank you!
Swim-Team.US currently serves 600 summer league, high school and year round swim teams. We are looking for an experienced sales person to help us significantly accelerate growth. If you are a seasoned sales person, a swimming enthusiast and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then this is a great opportunity for you to be a part of something special in the swimming space.
As a sales professional, we will look to you to have overall responsibility for meeting sales goals through marketing, channel strategies, finding and acquiring sales targets and closing deals. Compensation will include a base salary, commission and the potential for equity stake in the company.
- 5+ years professional sales experience
- Atlanta area – you can work from anywhere, but we will want to meet in person on a regular basis
- Current or former swimmer, swim coach, swim parent and/or parent volunteer and team management
with Fl. Bubbles Swim School
We at Bubbles Swim School are a team of professionals dedicated to teaching swimming to babies as young as six months old, as well as toddlers, children and adults. Our objective is that they learn how to swim in ten lessons.
We have 26 years of teaching experience; and 8 years in Miami, we have competed as swimmers and we have taught more than 3000 students in the last 4 years in Miami how to swim.
We think that learning this discipline is essential in Florida. Our mission is to ensure that as many children and adults as possible be safe in and around the water.
Our Swim school is looking for Water Safety Instructors, Lifeguards and Camp Coordinators to hire right away, and for our 3 summer camps with aquatic programs. Pay scale is $10 – $18 an hour based on experience.
with The Bolles School
*******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,650 day and boarding students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 on four campuses. Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service. Students can pursue their interests and learn to balance a rich variety of activities.
Our students also learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion. These same qualities are nurtured within our Swim programs.
Purpose: To support the School’s interscholastic and club swim program. This position will be working with a team of 10-15 coaches and approximately 400 swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- Coaching experience in swimming required
- Well rounded knowledge of physical conditioning methods
- Prior success as a competitive swimmer at the club or collegiate level desired
- A passion for the sport and hands-on ability and willingness to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential
- Experience with independent school programs and adolescents preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in state, national, and international swim programs
- Positive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills
- Professional behaviors consistent with USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics; NFHS, FINA, and FHSAA Regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification, USA Swimming Coaches Safety Training, USA Swimming Athletes Protection, USA Swimming Background Check, and pre-employment background and drug screen required (training will be provided, if necessary)
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
- Communicates well, works congenially, and deals effectively with all school personnel and families, as well as with the larger business and educational community
- Performs other duties as requested
- Serve as assistant coach to Bolles Senior Program
- Assist in creating seasonal, weekly, and daily practice to include aquatic and dry-land training
- Assist with on-deck coaching of Senior Program
- Assist in parent communication for all matters related to training and swimmers’ physical/mental development
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure proper athlete development over a long term timeline
- Work with athletes on: Goal setting, nutrition, mental preparation, understanding long-term development and planning, etc.
- Manage athletes’ meet entries
- Supervise athletes at competitions, including general warm-up, specific race warm-up/warm-down, race preparation and race analysis
- Assist with developing various camp offering including creating groups, developing programming, identifying and booking venues for activities
- Coach various summer camp groups of all ages and ability levels
Housing may be available via the School’s Resident Life Program.
with Smoky Mountain Aquatic Club
Smoky Mountain Aquatic Club is a USA Swim Club located in Waynesville, NC. The team is looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and energetic assistant coach. SMAC is a growing team full of athletes of all abilities ranging from Senior Sectional qualifiers to state championship level age groupers to novice swimmers mastering all 4 strokes. We are a coach run and board operated team. Our facility is a 25 yard indoor pool located in the heart of the beautiful Smoky Mountains about 25min from Asheville, NC. SMAC has a rich history of fast swimming, complete with many scholarship level athletes, olympic trials athletes, and state champions. With the help of a charismatic, knowledgeable leader, SMAC is looking to continue the trend into the future!
The right candidate will be able to have this job turn into a full time position.
We’re looking for a qualified assistant to work directly with the head coach. The assistant would be mainly responsible for the development of our younger athletes while assisting with Senior Group workouts. Experience with the development of the 12 and under age group is a priority. The coach should have a very strong sense of community.
Responsibilities would include:
– Running, coordinating and designing practices for 14 and under swimmers.
– Attending meets
– Helping athletes set goals and track progress for 14 and unders for both Long Course and Short Course season
– Being energetic, passionate and willing to learn.
– Consulting with parents with meetings about individual athlete issues, progress and/or goal setting.
– Bachelors degree.
– 2 years of experience as a lead group coach with a USA swimming club or similar.
– knowledge of appropriate stroke development, technique and training philosophies.
– will be expected to be a USA Swimming Certified coach with proper certifications including CPR, Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, and a USA swimming background check.
– knowledge of TeamUnify and/or Team Manager a plus.
with University of Sioux Falls
Resumes will be reviewed beginning immediately and until position is successfully filled. Successful applicant will begin on or before June 1, 2016.
The University of Sioux Falls Athletic program is seeking a qualified individual for a graduate assistant in women’s swimming. USF is a member of NCAA Division II and of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
A graduate assistantship at USF includes full graduate tuition and fees (upon acceptance to the graduate program), partial housing (if available), a monthly stipend and a meal allowance. This is a 12-month graduate assistantship program, generally for a 2-year period of time based on the completion of the desired graduate degree.
This position reports to the Head Swimming coach in all phases of a competitive intercollegiate Swimming and Diving program in compliance with NCAA Division II, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC), and institutional rules and regulations. Duties include, but are not limited to assisting with all aspects of operating a collegiate program, including coaching, daily practices, recruiting, videotaping, home meet management, fund raising, student-athlete academic success, travel, summer camps, compliance and other duties related to the sport of swimming.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3.0 GPA) from an accredited institutional and acceptance into a University of Sioux Falls graduate program. The ideal candidate will have collegiate and/or high school experience in swimming, be proficient in Microsoft Office, strong communication skills and demonstrate experience or comfort recruiting athletes. Candidates must have an understanding of the mission of the University of Sioux Falls, proven commitment to students-athletes, strong work ethic and a current coach’s member of USA
Travel is necessary with a valid driver’s license required. Ability to successfully pass a background check also required.
Application: Send or email a cover letter, resume and three references with address, email and phone number to:
University of Sioux Falls
ATTN: Human Resources Department – Grad Asst. Swimming
1101 West 22nd Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
OR send email to: [email protected]
USF WEBSITE: www.usiouxfalls.edu
University of Sioux Falls is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
with Club Sailfish Swimming
I am looking for a dynamic coach who really loves swimming and kids. This is a position that can help bring the Sailfish to the next level.
You need to have all your USA Swimming qualifications in order. Safety training, CPR, First Aid, Background screening.
The coach will schedule practice times for the summer league team.
The coach will set the meet schedule with local teams and deliver to all team swimmers and parents.
The coach will attend all meets scheduled or assign by the head coach.
The coach will assist the head coach with all age group practices and meets as assigned.
The coach must have fun and enjoy what they are doing. This is a great chance to learn and also advance your career if you want to be a swim coach. It does not pay a bunch, but it is up to you to decide how you can earn by hard work.
We do not offer location assistance!
We do not have dental or health!
We don’t have a 401-k plan.
But can you be the one to change all that!
Resume and 2 adult references and 1 swimmer reference. Cover letter with no BS, yet how you can inspire a kid to swim fast! Not everyone’s definition of swimming fast is the same. We will be swimming in a new facility at the end of the year. The facility is a brand new YMCA in downtown Pensacola, FL The area is growing and great for young people who want to be close to the beach and activities.
with California Capital Aqautics
Head Age Group Swim Coach – California Capital Aquatics (CCA)
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) in Roseville, California is seeking a qualified Head Age Group Coach. CCA is a year-round Level 4 USA swim team. The Head Age Group Coach is responsible for directly coaching the Red Group and supervising the Blue and White groups (10 & unders). We are looking to fill this position immediately.
- Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid etc.)
- 3+ years swim coaching experience
- Proven success coaching age group swimmers (5 to 14 yrs. old)
Direct Coaching Responsibilities
- Red Group Coach (9-12yrs. old / Junior Olympic and Far Western Qualifiers)
- On deck 2-3 hours/day 5 days a week (Coaching the Red Group practice 1.5 hours M-F and assisting/supervising the Blue and White coaches and practices)
- Be available 15 minutes before/after practice for parent/swimmer communication
- Meets – 1-2x per month (local & travel)
- Season planning for age group program (swimming/dryland)
- Represent CCA at Zone/LSC level – All Star team, etc.
- Weekly emails to groups
- Website management
- New member Recruitment/retainment (conducting tryouts)
- Coach, coordinate, and oversee Fall Program (September-November)
- Meet scheduling – age group program
- Team travel – age group program
- Assist in staff hiring
- Parent correspondence/email communication and education
- Help organize team wide activities/relays/tents, etc.
- Organize team stroke clinics
Compensation – Based on experience
with Waunakee WAVE
The Waunakee WAVE (Waunakee, Wi) is seeking the addition of a well qualified coach to the current coaching staff. The team is growing rapidly both in numbers and in performance and we are seeking an additional coach to assist in accommodating this growth.
Waunakee WAVE is run by double Olympic gold medalist, former American Record Holder and NCAA Champion, Beth Botsford, who acquired the program in July of 2014. Waunakee WAVE strives to have every swimmer achieve personal success with the understanding that this will vary from athlete to athlete. We discuss often and fondly the future opportunities that this sport holds for our athletes, while making no secret of, or exception to, the demands required of this sport. We emphasize a healthy balance of athletics, education and family, as shown by our meet schedule. We teach the importance of choice, sacrifice and accountability. We value communication from our athletes to their coaches and we emphasize the role of the athlete in each athlete’s success.
Coaches have a combined 40+ years in the sport in all levels ranging from instructional development to the National and Olympic levels. All coaches on this program are full-time. Coaches are involved to different degrees from Level 1-Senior, while maintaining their focus within their respective primary groups. Each coach is a primary coach for his/her delegated levels and is in charge of all final decisions regarding athletes and training within those levels.
Assistant Coach :
-Assists the Head Coach in all areas as/where needed, when necessary.
-Be willing to demonstrate the qualities needed in a strong Lead Coach as this position will likely grown to the acquisition of his/her own groups/levels.
-Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and continuing education to all athletes in his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Responsible for a comprehensive and thorough knowledge of proper stroke technique and execution.
- The ability to orchestrate and execute a season training plan.
- Teaching and re-enforcing a strong understanding of training expectations and guidelines to all athletes in his/her level.
- Responsible for implementing any and all rules or guidelines regarding workout expectations as outlined in the Team Handbook.
- Responsible for athlete selection, meet entries and event selections of his her athletes at each meet.
- Must have an exceptional ability to show patience and an understanding of success for athletes at all levels.
- Must be willing and able to work until 9:00pm in the Fall/Winter season (September – March) at least 4 days a week. Must be available 5-6 days a week. Must be available to work Saturday mornings year round.
- Must be reliable and dependable. Must have reliable transportation, be able to travel in the snow and be willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the program.
Interested applicants please send resume and background to: [email protected]