with CollegeSwimming, llc
CollegeSwimming is growing and needs someone to lead our business development team. This person will be responsible for establishing and expanding relationships with outside organizations. This will include exploring opportunities to partner and/or support other organizations in the realm of swimming and diving, other sports, licensing and more.
Applicants should have significant experience in competitive swimming and demonstrated experience or knack for sales. This could be a full or part-time position with salary, incentives and equity negotiable for the right person.
Interested applicants should apply at [email protected]
with Machine Aquatics
We are looking to hire an Age Group Coach that would lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate High Performance Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website).
We are also looking for an Assistant Coach for our Top National/National Prep Group. This individual will work closely with our head coach.
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Machine Aquatics policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Senior
3) Establish a local presence and reputation with Potomac Valley LSC, summer league via clinics, volunteering etc.
4) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered).
3) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
4) Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
5) Must be prepared to develop talent, rather than manage great athletes.
6) Must want to increase the number of athletes that swim into their teen years and increase the number of athletes that qualify for championship opportunities.
7) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full Time Benefits (after brief probation period) include Medical, Paid Vacation/Holiday, cell phone and the Club pays for USA membership and background screening, professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics.
About Machine Aquatics
Machine Aquatics is a coach-owned club in the Metropolitan, DC area. Our team is an USA Swimming Silver & Bronze Medal Swim Club since 2009 and home to 600+ competitive age group swimmers and 100+ Stroke School swimmers, ages 5-20+ with a number of current USA Swimming National & Olympic Trial qualifiers. The team trains in multiple locations in Fairfax County, Virginia and Price George’s County, MD both in private clubs and public recreational facilities. Fairfax County is home to a dozen of the best public and private schools in the country and is a progressive, safe place to raise a family while being only minutes from downtown Washington, D.C.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Machine Aquatics.
with California Capital Aquatics
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) is a non-profit organization under the sanction of USA Swimming that is governed by a Board of Directors.
PURPOSE AND AMBITIONS: CCA offers a complete program allowing for the gradual development of swimmers of all ages and skill levels, from the novice to the elite. High performance athletes at the peak of the CCA program provide inspiration for all CCA athletes. Individual character is built through training, goal setting, time management, self-reliance, and self-discipline. As individual excellence is developed and maintained, the entire CCA team benefits. Team ambitions include (i) recognition as leading program in the community, state, nation and USA Swimming organization; (ii) attendance at swim competitions such as the Junior Olympics, Far Westerns, Sectionals, Futures, Junior Nationals, Senior Nationals, and the U.S. Olympic Trials; and (iii) recognition as a recruiting base for college-bound athletes who aspire to attend universities and colleges which offer individual swimming athletic scholarships.
Employee and CCA shall mutually promote, support and foster the purpose, ambitions and vision statement of CCA for both individual swimmers and the team as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee shall act as the Chief Executive Officer and Head Coach for CCA and shall be responsible for organizing, implementing, managing and directing all CCA swim programs and swim club related activities. Employee shall be responsible for program technical operations, certain administrative functions, and reports to the CCA Board of Directors in a timely manner and on a regular basis. Employee shall also be responsible for the hiring and management of the assistant coaching staff. This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
- 5 years at the Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach position
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Registered USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Proven success in developing swimmers from age group through elite
- Experience supervising staff, possessing strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
FACTS ABOUT CALIFORNIA CAPITAL AQUATICS:
- Founded in 1983
- 150+ year round swimmers strong
- 9-lane 50 meter training and competition pool
- 16-lane 25 yard training and competition pool
- Additional 5-lane 25 yard practice pool
- Financially stable with ample reserves
- Hard working Board of Directors with General Membership support
- Established Fall Program and Pre-Competitive Swim School
- City of Roseville and Community support
- Placer Valley Tourism business partnership
- Level 4 USA Swimming Club Recognition Program
- Recognized as a Silver Medal Club
- Host of 2016 CA-NV Speedo Sectionals and 2017 Age Group Western Zone Meet
with Alpine Hills Tennis and Swimming Club
Alpine Hills Tennis & Swimming Club
Alpine Hills, a private Tennis and Swimming Club located in Portola Valley, CA., is looking for an Aquatics Director to oversee all areas of our Aquatics program, including swim teams (PASA year round and PSA summer league), master’s swim program, hydro-fit, recreational swimming, lap swimming, swimming lessons, pool rentals, aquatic related special events and other aquatic programs designed to improve member enjoyment.
The Director must have great people skills, and be friendly and outgoing at all times. He/she would assist in budget and aquatics schedule preparation and be responsible to General Manager, Board of Directors and Swim Committee to meet and exceed budget goals, and enhance member satisfaction. The Director would be responsible for coaching and managing overall coaching for the PASA year round swim program. He/she will assist in the development of special events; develop contracts and hire instructors and staff as needed for the program areas. Oversee and monitor all department billing, payroll, and expenses to align with budget. Select, hire, supervise, train and evaluate full time, part time and seasonal staff. Prepare newsletters, reports, emails and handouts, used to communicate to member and non-member aquatics participants. Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, members, and the public using principles of good customer service. Ensure that facility and equipment are always safe and well maintained, while putting the highest priority on safety issues in and around the pool.
Aquatics related skills required:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in developing and implementing aquatic programs for the needs of all age groups.
- Ability to coach swimmers in proper technique at various levels; competitive swimming background desired, but not required.
- Maintaining pool equipment, front and back of the house, and water quality. Meeting successful periodic inspection from town and county pool inspectors.
- Able to work effectively in a non-profit environment that includes the swim committee, board of directors and club volunteers.
- Prepare purchase requisitions to order supplies and materials; process paperwork as required to bill for services, pay invoices, and complete monthly P&L. Assist in the preparation and administration of program budgets; monitor program revenue and expenses to stay within budget.
- Principles and practices of hiring, supervision, evaluating and training of staff.
- Know and understand all aspects of the Aquatic Directors job; reports and special projects; Implement and coordinate recreation and/or programs suited to the needs of the club membership. Interpret and explain program policies and procedures. Maintain records, monitor budgets, and prepare written reports. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Aquatics Manager/Supervisor/Director.
- Ability to engage and motivate a large range of swimmers, while always being friendly and outgoing.
- Strong communication skills with both children and adults.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED, Lifeguard and Coaches Safety Training Certification.
- Able to help create a culture that draws people to our pool and facility.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
Daily meal plan
Paid vacation and sick days
401K plan after one year of employment
Send resume to Eric Quade at [email protected]
with YMCA of Northwest NC RipTyde Swim Team (TYDE)
The primary role of the Director of Competitive Swimming is to provide excellent customer service to TYDE swimmers and parents while managing the swim team and guiding the development of quality swim team programming at each of TYDE’s 12 sites. This role will include hands-on coaching, management and direction of assistant coaches and coordination with YMCA Aquatic Directors and staff. The expressed goal of TYDE is to offer swim team programming to swimmers of all ages and ability levels, with the goal of continuing the strong reputation that TYDE has created within YMCA, NC & USA swimming.
TYDE BACKGROUND & HISTORY
Established in 1973, the Winston-Salem YMCA Swim Team (WSY) has been a consistent force in swimming in the Triad. Notable achievements included multiple YMCA National Top-3 Team finishes, regular Junior & Senior National and Olympic Trial qualifiers and consistently high performances at NC Championship Meets. After expanding as an association swim team, the rebranded and retooled YMCA of NWNC Riptyde (TYDE) began in 2009 and has grown to encompass 12 sites and over 700 swimmers and has achieved Bronze Medal status as well as Level-4 Club Excellence. With a staff of roughly 30 Full and PartTime Coaches, TYDE serves swimmers from developmental through National levels.
- Directly coach (at least) one primary training group within the TYDE National Track (or otherwise as agreed) and exclusively handle all needs of that/those group(s).
- Direct the TYDE leadership team with managing the Swim Team program including preparation and implementation of progression curriculum, seasonal plans and practice plans focused on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, work ethic, goal orientation, positive attitude and core values.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, develop, schedule and direct coaching staff and volunteers for all TYDE sites, as needed.
- Develop and execute strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Accurately seek out, summarize, communicate and enter all swim meet information for the entire TYDE program, and communicate final details to parents in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist in development of program budget and monitor it to meet fiscal objectives.
- Work with Aquatics Directors across the association to deliver a top quality TYDE program, including scheduling pool times and cross-promotions of programs.
- Perform or delegate team admin duties as needed, including but not limited to, team registration, team communication, team store and website maintenance.
- Facilitate or delegate event management roles in all TYDE hosted swim meets and other special events.
- Assist in the retention of existing members and engagement of new members by informing them of the YMCA of NWNC programs, including Safe Start, lap swimming, swim lessons, swim team, other aquatic teams and group exercise classes.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with community partners, parents and program participants and neighboring swim teams and YMCA’s.
- Assist in creating, targeting and distributing program marketing information.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends.
- Know, understand and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Know and review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, monthly in-services and trainings as required.
- Assist in the identification of active volunteers for the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina in the home branch and its programs.
- May supervise YMCA Aquatics program at the home branch.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous 10+ years swim coaching experience required with at least 5+ years in a head or leadership capacity.
- ASCA level 3 Certification (or equivalent).
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current YMCA Swim Coach or USA Swim Coach certification required.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, SKILLS AND HABITS
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and ability levels.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to pass a swimming skills test.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time including continuous physical endurance for thirty to sixty minutes of aerobic activity.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures and to wet and/or humid conditions in swimming pool areas.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please ask the hiring manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
- Exempt Full Time with benefits
- Salary Range $45,000-55,000 annually
with Fitter and Faster Swim Tour
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is looking for high energy, goal oriented individuals to help spread the word about clinics that are coming to local communities throughout the USA!
If you love swimming; talking to people on the phone; and are motivated by accomplishing goals – this is the job for you!
The Registration Sales Managers’ key objective is to ensure that all clinics on the Fitter and Faster calendar are filled to capacity. This will be accomplished by providing service and value to swim teams, clubs and other organizations throughout the United States whose members will benefit from participating in clinics in their region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all swimming teams, leagues and organizations are informing their members about upcoming FFT clinics in their region
- Learning about areas that we can improve upon as a company to provide more value to the teams we work with
Qualified candidates have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm about working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Read this article before applying: 4 people who should never work for an entrepreneur.
- Absolutely no less than two-years of full-time work experience in sales, account management or marketing with a quantifiable successful track record
- Motivated to achieve quantifiable performance goals
- Must make 40 to 75 phone calls every day
- Diligent in follow up with customers, prospects, co-workers and other partners
- Driven, outgoing, pro-active, thoughtful personality with co-workers, customers and all others we work with
- Experienced with CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
- Management of a robust calendar
- Competitive swimming experience
- Ability to develop campaigns that will enable us to provide more value to hosts, coaches, swimmers, parents, and book more clinics
- Someone who understands the importance of under-promising and over-delivering. Living up to expectations and goals is imperative
- Experience developing email newsletters, social media posts and other methods of communicating with customers and prospects
- Add value and carry out responsibilities associated with relationships that we have with hosts
- Superb writing skills
- Eagerness to travel and work hard
with Excel Aquatics
Excel Aquatics is looking to fill an Assistant Coach position.
Excel Aquatics is a year round USA swimming competitive swim program founded in 1983. Comprised of over 400+ swimmers, the team ranges in age and ability from Beginners through Junior National qualifiers, and Olympic Trial Qualifiers. We are located in Brentwood, Tennessee with satellite locations in Murfreesboro, Gallatin, and Spring Hill, Tennessee.
• Flexible work schedule – up to 25 hours per week (excluding meet weekends)
• Practices are in the evening during the week and during the day on weekends
• Hourly rate of pay based on experience
• Session pay for meets, as well as team pays for hotel, food, mileage
• Reports to Head Coach
• Assists Head Coach with daily workouts and at meets
• Opportunities for growth with the position
• Knowledge of stroke technique and swimmer development
• Previous competitive swimming and coaching experience is required
with Grosse Pointe Gators Swim Team
The Grosse Pointe Gators Swim team, a year round competitive swim team is seeking an energetic, passionate, and motivated full-time swim coach to train age group swimmers at different levels and abilities. Swimmers from our Club have been trained to compete in state, sectional, zone, and Junior National meets, and most recently at the 2016 Olympic Time Trials. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing swimmers to compete at swim meets which at a minimum includes local, state, zone, and sectional competitions. The hours are Monday-Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons, and participation at monthly swim meets.
- Demonstrate compatible working relationship with Head Coach, swimmers, coaches, parents, and parent led Board of Directors
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a competitive swim coach at the Club, High School or Collegiate level
- Achieved minimum ASCA Level II certification
- Bachelor degree or equivalent desired
- Meet all USA Swimming requirements and certifications for coaches (Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, CPR Safety Training & Education)
- Understanding of progression training for age group swimmers utilizing current techniques and training practices
- Ability to motivate, train, and inspire swimmers of all ages and abilities in a positive training environment
- Experience with Team Unify preferred
- Knowledge of marketing/public relations, social media platforms, website management desired
- Perform administrative swim club tasks as assigned
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organization and program planning skills
with Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team
Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team (MOR) in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Full Time Head Sr. Coach for our North Raleigh Site.
MOR has 3 sites totaling 580 swimmers and 9 full time coaches. Head Coach Paul Silver started MOR with 6 swimmers in 2001 and is an ASCA Level 5 Coach MOR is consistently a Silver Medal Club and was ranked 12th in the USA Swimming Virtual Club Championships last year. MOR sent 13 swimmers to the 2016 US Olympic Trials including 10 in High School. MOR has 3 National Jr. team members MOR has over 35 swimmers qualified for the NCSA Jr. Nationals.
The Raleigh area is known as one of the best places to live in the US. There is a summer league of over 10,000 so there are plenty of new swimmers to recruit to USA Swimming.
About the position
Our North Raleigh site trains out of 2 short course and 1 long course pool. Weight training and dryland are available The Sr. Elite group has 3 Olympic Trials qualifiers and 16+ NCSA Jr. National qualifiers MOR staff operate out of 1 central office
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed all USA Swimming certifications and pass a background check
- ASCA level 3+preferred
- BS collegiate degree
- National level coaching experience
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge in stroke mechanics and elite training
- Work with the Head Coach and staff towards Team Goals
- Computer skills including Team Unify
- Ability to communicate with swimmers and parents
- Enthusiasm for recruiting new swimmers from the summer league
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Assist with other aspects of the team operation and communicate with staff
- Currently reside in the United States
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
MOR website www.marlinsofraleigh.com
Position to be filled by Aug.31, 2016
with YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team
The YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team is seeking a career-minded senior coach to serve as the Assistant Director of Competitive Swimming/Assistant Senior Coach within our team family. YOTA is a 625+ swimmer, coach run and directed program (no parent board) based in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, N.C. This position will help oversee our entire program and help coach our top senior athletes. The qualified candidate will also be responsible for the daily administration of the Gold training group.
Qualifications for the position include a minimum of least 5 years of senior coaching experience. ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is also preferred. The successful candidate should also posses strong leadership, communication, organization and computer skills. The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values and work towards fulfilling our YOTA Swim Team mission and vision.
Salary is commensurate with experience; in addition to a generous benefit package of full major-medical, disability, vision, and dental insurance; 12% retirement; paid vacations; YMCA family membership; paid USAS certifications; and reimbursements for meet expenses. Continuing education opportunities (clinics, conventions) also exist and are paid for by the club. The desired start date is as soon as possible.
The YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team is a USAS/YMCA competitive swim team that serves the communities of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, N.C. YOTA is a perennial USA Swimming Silver Medal club, ranked in the top 20 of the Virtual Club Rankings, and is a Level 4 team in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program. We continue to be a force at the annual YMCA National Championships. YOTA has a long tradition of producing outstanding swimmers and individuals, both on the national and international levels. During the past few seasons, we have qualified multiple swimmers for the US National Junior Team and the 2014 Youth Olympics, as well as a multitude of swimmers for Olympic Trials and the US Senior and Junior Nationals. We’ve also had several USA Swimming Top-16 ranked individuals and relays.
The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina is annually named one of the top-5 most desirable places to live by numerous publications. Beaches are only a two-hour drive, while the mountains only three. Surrounded by 3 major universities, the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area is an attractive area in terms of education, sports, and a wonderful lifestyle.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Head Coach Chad Onken via email at: [email protected]
If you have any questions, please email Chad Onken.
Applications are due by July 22nd, 2016. Our anticipated start date is August 22nd, 2016.
with South Carolina Swimming
Sport Performance Director South Carolina Swimming
SC Swimming Vision: To Lead the Nation in Programming and Performance
This position reports to the SCLSC Board of Directors and the Sports Performance Committee. This position directs and coordinates SCLSC activities directly related to the growth and performance of SCS; SCS member clubs; and SCS athletes. Primary activities of the Sport Performance Director (SPD) shall relate directly to USA Swimming’s three core objectives: Build the Base; Promote the Sport; Achieve Sustained Competitive Excellence.
Core Activities Include:
* Club and Coach consultant including regular “in the field” contact with Coaches; Athletes and Volunteers
* Develop SCS Sport Performance goals and objectives as leader of the Sports Performance Committee
* Implement, coordinate and evaluate LSC performance related programs, services, education and communications
* Positively represent and promote SCS, and SCS athletes, coaches and volunteers as a professional “face” of the LSC
* Help facilitate effective LSC and Club governance; Guide and enhance LSC and club strategic planning
* Promote SCS achievement to enhance visibility and assist with marketing the sport
* Advance educational opportunities for SCS athletes, coaches, parents and volunteers
* Serve as a resource to inspire and empower high performance at every level of SCS
* Proficient in: computer skills; Power Point, Excel, Video analysis, various databases, etc.; electronic and social media.
* Possess strong organization, communication, and presentation skills
* Disciplined, goal oriented self-starter who can work effectively and independently to accomplish designated tasks and roles
* Work effectively with diverse constituencies within, and outside the LSC
Qualifications and Requirements:
* USA Swimming Non-Athlete member in good standing.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field/s. Masters or equivalent career experience preferred.
* Minimum ten years of experience in club coaching; minimum five years USA/YMCA head coach.
* Demonstrated knowledge and competency in swim club operations, administration, and governance; Familiar with LSC Boards and Governance
* Understanding of USA Swimming’s structure, role, goals and objectives, and resources
* Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally as necessary. Committed to work evenings, weekends, and flexible hours as needs dictate.
Compensation: in a range commensurate with professional qualifications, experience and record of achievement
Application: Interested candidates please direct your resume and questions to the SCS Sports Performance Committee c/o Jon Mengering, [email protected] or (301) 442-7859.
with Burlingame Aquatic Club
Burlingame Aquatic Club – Head Age Group Coach
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Our mission is: “To serve our community by providing excellent aquatic opportunities.”
Burlingame Aquatic Club is seeking a full-time Head Age Group Coach (HAGC) for swimmers ages 18 and Under. The HAGC reports directly to the Head Coach (HC). The coach’s primary duties are (1) to assist in the successful leadership and management of the swim team, and (2) to lead successful, focused workouts, assist swimmers in setting and achieving goals throughout the season, and regularly attend swim meets. Practices are offered 6 days a week; meet commitments average 2 weekends per month. The HAGC has regular administrative duties that total an average of 10-12 hours per week. The HAGC is a key partner in working with the HC on program development and strategic planning.
• Work with the HC to develop the overall philosophy and structure of the Age Group Swim (AGS) program
• Participate in the development of the annual schedule for all swim groups, including practices, meets, and coaching schedules/assignments
• Coach multiple AGS training groups as designated by the HC, in addition to assisting with other groups as requested
• Assist in hosting all BAC home swim meets; serve as meet director for a minimum of one home CBA meet each year
• Oversee the move-up process for all swimmers and training groups
• Serve as the primary contact for the service hours coordinators to ensure that all service positions are filled as needed
• Oversee the upkeep of all AGS program website content, including but not limited to group schedules, program news, team records, athlete awards, etc., as requested by HC (HC will oversee web content development)
• Oversee the timely scheduling and completion of all tryout requests
• Serve as the head coach for the BAC Summer Swim Team (SST); duties include but are not limited to setting practice/meet schedules, hiring assistant coaches, organizing events, and marketing the program to the community
• Lead communication to all families and swimmers within the HAGC’s designated training groups
• Regularly participate in BAC social media to promote team events and updates
• Assist and support HC in chairing/leading social events for the team, with assistance from team parent volunteers; assist in promoting social events to all team members and families
• Assist in developing and leading all AGS fundraising campaigns, helping to incorporate assistant coaches and all athletes/families
• Assist HC in developing and implementing education programs for both swimmers and parents in the AGS program
• Assist in the design, selection, and ordering process for select team equipment and apparel
• Attend any Board, Zone, and League meetings as requested by HC
• Attend all required staff meetings and trainings
• Maintain current certifications as required for the position
• Be prepared to recognize and respond effectively to emergency situations, including emergencies that may happen in non-AGS programs
• Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be a career-minded coach who is organized, personable, dependable, and able to communicate effectively with parents, young athletes, and co-workers alike. This person must have a strong background in competitive swimming with at least 5 years of USA-S club coaching experience, and be able to effectively evaluate and implement training philosophies. ASCA Level 2 certification or higher strongly desired. Strong administrative skills are necessary, including competency in Microsoft Office, Team Unify, and Swim Connection. He/she must be able to provide constructive criticism to assistant staff as needed. The ability to set both individual and program goals and to then develop a path to achieve those goals is crucial to success in this role. This coach must have demonstrated familiarity with LSC and Zone operations. Regular email, phone, and in-person communication is required, so professional and friendly communication skills are important. Attention to safety and professionalism must be present at all times.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience; includes medical benefits. Employees receive free and/or discounted access to select BAC programs for employees and family members.
Hours and Location:
This is a full-time position that includes both on-deck hours as well as office hours for program administration and development. Consistent on-site office hours will be established with the HC to ensure regular contact with other staff members and sufficient time for collaboration.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to BAC Head Coach Ben Chung at [email protected]
with Eastern Michigan University
Assist the Head Coach in the recruitment, counseling, conditioning, training and coaching of a varsity team.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities:|
|Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
Assist in the organization and direction of all activities of a varsity sport.
Assist in the recruitment of prospective athletes to the University.
Coach team members individually and in groups, demonstrating techniques of the game.
Counsel and advise student athletes with personal or academic problems.
Report to one broad area of specific responsibility, as assigned.
Make position assignments and determine areas needing improvements.
Assist with development of contest strategy.
Serve as Head Coach in his/her absence.
Assist with summer camps and fund-raising activities.
Perform related departmental duties as required.
|A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Knowledge of sport rules, conference rules, appropriate training techniques, and winning play/contest strategies, for assigned sport.
Three years previous college coaching experience within the sport is desirable.
Experience in counseling and advising student athletes is desirable.
with Lost Creek Aquatics
Lost Creek Aquatics (www.lostcreekaquatics.com), the third largest club in South Texas Swimming, has just expanded into a fourth location and is seeking assistant swim coaches to work with all age groups at each of our locations, and coaches to conduct dryland sessions for all age groups. LCA is currently building a state-of-the art facility in the Westlake area, which will generate additional opportunities for coaches to work with swim lessons, masters programs, triathlete training, water polo, diving, and other aquatics programming. Our program has swimmers of all ages and abilities—from summer league rookies to Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- Current USA Swimming coach credentials or the ability to become certified within two weeks of hire
- One to two year’s minimum competitive coaching experience with a USA Swimming member club
- Competitive swimming experience as an athlete is preferred
- Experience working with Team Unify is preferred
- Ability to travel to swim meets
- Passion for the sport and for working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Professional appearance and positive attitude
Hours are afternoons, Monday through Friday, during the academic year, plus Saturday mornings. Most positions are 20-25 hours per week.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Positions will be open until filled. We will begin interviewing candidates July 11.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your coaching experience and swimming background to [email protected].
Locations: Lost Creek Country Club (2612 Lost Creek Blvd, Austin), Lakeway Swim Center (3103 Lakeway Blvd, Lakeway), Bella Mar Pool in Steiner Ranch (12401 Bella Mar Trail, Austin), and Twin Creeks Country Club (3201 Twin Creeks Club Dr, Cedar Park)
with Dunlap Dolphins Swim Team (DDST)
The Dunlap Dolphins Swim Team (DDST) has an opening for a Head Coach to lead our team in the pursuit of excellence in the sport of swimming. DDST is a non-profit, year round competitive swim program founded in 1998. The team is run cooperatively between the Head Coach and the elected Board of Directors. Comprised of 125 to 135 swimmers, the team ranges in age and ability from Novice through Junior National qualifiers, and a recently named All-American. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing community and team.
Applicants for the Head Coach position should possess:
- 3-5 years coaching experience, Novice through Senior Championship Levels
- Current coach member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid, etc.)
- Pass all Dunlap District 323 background checks and fingerprinting requirements
- Proficiency with swim management software
- ASCA certification preferred
- 2-4 year college degree or equivalent education
- Extensive knowledge of stroke technique and swimmer development
- Be a positive role model and maintain high ethical and moral standards in accordance with the team’s mission and vision. Adhere to the USA Swimming’s Coaching Code of Conduct and Safe Sport rules.
- Be passionate about swimming while developing potential and recognizing the value of all swimmers.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude focused on teamwork while meeting the needs of all team members
- Design swimming and dryland curriculums for all levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning.
- Demonstrate a cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, staff, and board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities for a staff of 5-10 coaches. This includes practices as well as meets.
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons in conjunction with the board.
- Attend board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct monthly staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a range of $35,000-$45,000.
- Benefits include an insurance stipend of $300/month, bonus opportunities, and travel expense reimbursement.
- Candidates should be prepared to join the staff as soon as possible, but no later than August 15, 2016 for the beginning of short course season.
To learn more about the team, please visit our website at www.dunlapdolphins.com.