with Arlington Aquatic Club
Senior Level Swim Coach for Arlington Aquatic Club.
Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation has a unique opportunity for a qualified individual to be a Senior level coach with the Arlington Aquatic Club competitive swim team. The Arlington Aquatic Club (AAC) is a USA Swimming Bronze medal club with just over 500 swimmers. AAC is an Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation sponsored program. All coaches are Arlington County employees. The Senior level coach will be in charge of the 2nd highest training group within the team and reports to the head coach.
- Provides high quality technical instruction/coaching for 13-18 year olds looking to qualify at the Sectional and Junior National level.
- Provides on deck coaching during all meets that the senior group participates in.
- Plan, prepares and updates season practice schedules. Creates micro and macro cycle plans.
- Prepares daily practices
- Practices could include dry-land, mental training, and the possibility of weight lifting.
- Performs administrative functions supporting senior group
- Prepares, updates, and monitors meet entries for senior level group
- Communicates with potential participants and parents, coaches and supervisors.
APPLY HERE at this link: https://parks.arlingtonva.us/2016/06/aquatics-job-opportunities/
with Slippery Rock Swim Team
SRST Head Coach
2016-2017 Swim Season
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a swim coach for a community-based swim club. In addition, knowledge of USA Swimming and USA Swimming Coach Certification.
- Strong knowledge-base of stroke technique, starts/turns, and season practice planning.
- Strong knowledge-base of dry land training for swimmers ranging in age from 12-17.
- Experience with supervision of assistant coaching staff, and/or some supervisory experience
- All clearances, as well as First Aid, CPR, and life guard certification
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively with parents, coaches, other team representatives, and swimmers
- Be on deck, coaching, a minimum of 3 nights a week – nights must rotate to ensure all practice groups are supervised and monitored by the head coach. Cross coverage of all practice groups, as well as all swim levels and coaching, is required.
- Conduct monthly coaching meetings, to ensure communication and a cohesive coaching staff.
- Collaborate with all coaches regarding coaching plan and structure of practices.
- Assign roles and tasks for each assistant coach, with board input.
- Oversee all swim meet entries, both league meets and USA Swimming meets, review and finalize before submitting.
- Attend board meetings when able.
- Attend swim league meetings (approximately twice a year).
- Attend and coach at swim league meets, as well as USA Swimming meets
- Timely communication with coaching staff, board, and team via email
Starting pay rate:
Negotiable, based on experience – job is a part-time job and pay rate will be hourly
If interested, please email letter of interest and resume to Chris Fleeger at [email protected]
We will be accepting resumes until July 15, 2016.
with University of the Pacific
The University of the Pacific men’s and women’s teams compete in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. The program has a proud Olympic tradition (Brad Schumacher gold medals 96’) to go along with a few NCAA D I top 15 finishes. The team boasts 7 Olympic Trial qualifiers, the MPSF Freshman of the year and back to back NCAA appearances on the women’s side. The team is coming off conference championship meet that included 10 school records and 20 NCAA B Cuts. A few highlights include; W 100 Fly – 52.5 (SO), 54.0 (FR), M 200 Free – 1:35.7 (SO), M 100 Breast – 52.9 (FR) and men’s relay records of 1:26.8 and 3:12.7 medleys and 1:18.9, 2:55.1, 6:28.5 freestyles.
Pacific Swimming is looking for a full-time assistant coach who…
1. Develops a fundamental knowledge and maintains compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the department’s rules, regulations, and policies.
2. Participates in the effective recruiting, instruction and coaching of student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, conditioning, game preparation and strategy.
3. Supports an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
4. Supports discipline in the program, promotes fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
5. Helps to create an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
6. Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups consistent with the objectives of the athletic program.
7. Assists with recruiting evaluations, official visits and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
The position is full time and the pay is commensurate with experience.
with Flyers Aquatic Swim Team
FAST is currently seeking a qualified, energetic coach to lead our National and Senior II groups into the next Quad.
Duties are to include, but are not limited to:
- Directly coaching 30-40 teen-aged swimmers at practices and meets.
- Administrative duties (meet entries, attendance reports, athlete data collection and seasonal plans) associated with the National and Senior II groups.
- Working collaboratively with the Head Coach and other full-time coaches to set group progressions, team goals, practice and meet schedules.
- Attend regular staff meetings and hold periodic parent/athlete meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Applicant must have a college degree. ASCA Level 4-5 preferred. Experience with video analysis and strength training is a plus.
with SWIM ATLANTA
The Swim Atlanta Georgia Tech location is looking for a Head Age Group Coach. Applicants must have up to date USA swimming coach certifications. We are looking for a knowledgeable, energetic, enthusiastic, reliable individual with a history of success to lead the swimmers, and work well with others in the organization. Applicants must have great organizational, communication and time management skills. The Head Age Group Coach will be responsible for working with Masters, Silver and Advanced Age Groups during the SC and LC season, as well as assisting with Senior groups when needed. Job also includes recruiting and administrative duties in conjunction with Swim Atlanta. Must have strong computer and team management software skills. Very competitive salary.
with Sandpipers of Nevada
|Sandpipers of Nevada are accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assisting with administration of training, practice, swim meets, data collection and management, equipment, swim camps, budget management and team travel. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Help plan and organize team training and practice sessions.
• Utilize video analysis software to optimize training sessions.
• Help arrange for team travel to and from competitions.
• Take part in social media strategy for and promoting program.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or designee.
|QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of three years of coaching experience preferred. A strong background in the sport of swimming as an athlete or a coach. Strong social media skills (Facebook, Twitter etc). Experience with video analysis software preferred. Knowledge of swimming specific strength and conditioning programs is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with athletes, peers and the general public desired. Computer literacy with common office applications such as Word, Excel and Team Unify. Ability to work compatibly and cooperatively with a variety of staff and the community. All Sandpiper employees share responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Sandpipers of Nevada and its program.|
with San Clemente Aquatics
San Clemente Aquatics, a 300-member USA team in beautiful San Clemente, CA has an immediate opening for a novice program coach. We are seeking someone over 18 years of age with experience coaching at the “learn-to-swim level” as well as beginner 5-8 year olds. This is a year-round position, approximately 10-12 hours per week to start and there are opportunities to increase responsibilities as the fall season approaches. Interested candidates are to contact SCA Head Coach Goran Westerlund at [email protected].
with Team Santa Monica
Part-Time Swimming Instructors
Santa Monica, CA – TEAM SANTA MONICA
Anticipated start date – June 2016
TSM is an endurance based USA Swimming Level 1 Club with approximately 400 swimmers, with proven success on the Junior National, Senior National, Olympic Trials and Olympic level that is seeking part-time, in-water, Swimming Instructors for our Pre-Competitive lessons.
The swim instructor is responsible for providing opportunities for youth to succeed, develop and strengthen physical and social skills through group swim lessons, as well as being responsible for the safety of swimmers and following TSM guidelines.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 3:30-5:30; Saturdays 12:45-2:45
Professional development through clinics as well as opportunities to grow into coaching with our competitive groups that have placed numerous swimmers on Team USA National and Junior National squads as well as Olympic and Olympic Trials competitors.
A successful applicant must have a legal right to work in the United States. We are looking for reliable, responsible individual with high energy and enthusiasm. A successful applicant must have enthusiasm for the sport; prior club coaching experience with current USA coaching credentials; demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and work well with others as well as connect with children.
TSM seeks hard-working coaches who are interested in developing a competitively balanced athlete with emphasis on stroke technique, while effectively training, motivating and supporting swimmers of various abilities. Our pre-competitive lessons are solely teaching-focused (not training-focused).
Competitive Salary ($18/hr+ depending on experience)
Associate Head Age Group Coach – Mohammad Khadembashi [email protected]
with SWAC Swim Team
SWAC Swim Team is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Head Age Group Coach.
The Head Age Group Coach will work closely with the Head Coach to develop and maintain the direction of our entire age group program. The HAG will serve as the Lead Coach for the training group of our elite age group athletes, but will also be asked to contribute on-deck time with our other age group training groups. The HAG will be the administrative head of our age group team, and will be responsible for coordinating practice and meet schedules, as well as assisting in the continued development of our other age group coaches.
This is a full-time position with a start date of mid-August.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead SWAC’s elite age group athlete training group
- Additional on-deck coaching time of ~90 minutes weekday evenings and Saturday morning
- Attend meets and cover practices as assigned by the Head Coach
- Schedule practices and meets for the age group program
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Board of Director meetings
- Coordinate meet entries for all age group athletes
- Supervise and assist all members of the age group coaching staff
- Work with the Head Coach to continue developing and implementing SWAC’s team-wide training/coaching philosophies
- Competitive swimming and coaching experience at the club or collegiate level
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- History of developing swimmers of all ages and ability levels
- 5+ years’ experience coaching elite level age group athletes
- Current USA Swimming membership
- ASCA Level 3 Certification or higher preferred
with Virginia Tech Athletics
Virginia Tech Athletics invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming, in the department of Athletics. Virginia Tech is an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). The Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming, coordinates and administers aspects of student-athlete recruitment for the men’s and women’s swim program, operating under the appropriate NCAA bylaws. Coaches and/or assists with the coaching of one or more sub-components of the overall program, and assists in all aspects of student athlete training for athletic competition. Reports directly to the head coach.
Salary is competitive with full University benefits, including excellent health, life insurance, and retirement plans; tuition remission; and annual leave, holidays, personal and sick days.
Selected employee will exemplify Virginia Tech Athletics Department’s 5 core values; integrity, service, honor, excellence and strong together.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and related experience. College coaching experience and/or playing experience. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Working knowledge of individual skills and team systems. Experience and/or ability to recruit and instruct student-athletes. Preferences: Master’s degree. Division I coaching and/or playing experience. Division I recruiting experience.
Candidates must complete an on-line application at http://listings.jobs.vt.edu:80/postings/66894. Attach a letter of interest that addresses qualifications, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Deadline for submission of credentials is June 24, 2016. Emailed, mailed, or faxed resumes will not be accepted. If you have questions regarding the application or search process, please contact Pam Linkous, Senior Director, Human Resources, Virginia Tech Athletics (540) 231-3142.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the Department of Athletics at 540/231-3142.
with Speedo USA
This is a Speedo USA swim job.
This position is responsible for stimulating specialty store sales to reach annual increase and maximize profitability through direct sales presentations at trade shows and through proactive inbound and outbound telephone sales called. Sales calls include selling current and future season’s dress shirts, making product substitutions and selling additional styles. This position handles sales and marketing of key specialty stores and works with manager on prospecting new specialty store business. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer toll free telephone, fax and email orders
- Maintain call goal of <5% abandonment rate
- Process orders in ACS, and follow through to successfully execute the sales transaction on the B2B platform or as otherwise required
- Provide top customer service to specialty stores throughout our territory
- Handle inquiries from retailers about product availability, fashion trends, order status, etc.
- Handle return authorizations and research shipping problems
- Work with the credit department to expedite orders and resolve charge backs issues
- Work with customer service, sales ops, allocation and planning to address any pressure points in order processing and determine resolutions to expedite orders
- Make outbound calls for availability issues, seasonal promotions, and replenishment orders
- Maintain product knowledge of all product lines of current & future seasons
- Maintain ACS account contact information database
- Assist with scheduling tradeshow appointments
- Follow up with customers and potential prospects after tradeshow or other consumer facing meetings
- Assist Sales Manager with mail outs, programs and other marketing projects
- Follow up on mail outs and marketing projects
- Participate in customer meetings in the Cypress office
- Collaborate in the seasonal marketing catalog production and focus
- Review returned catalogs and make necessary updates in ACS and mailing listsQualifications:
- 2+ years in sales and trade show experience; experience in swim industry strongly preferred (even if personal)
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Fashion, or Marketing
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to stay focused and manage several tasks simultaneously
with Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club
Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club is seeking a Head Swim Team Coach. Under the direction of the Director of Aquatics, the Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching assigned age groups of the Greenwood Tiger Sharks (GTS) Swim Team program. Position includes the oversight of all administrative, marketing, budgeting, communication, social and parent volunteer responsibilities.
- American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) Certification – Level 3 or above preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Head Coach position preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in health and recreation, physical education or related field preferred
- Annual registration with USA Swimming
- Coaches Safety Training and annual CPR and AED certification required
- First Aid certification preferred
- Ability to conduct swim lessons and perform water rescue
- Effective presentation, teaching, communication and customer service skills
- Effective marketing and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a healthy lifestyle through maintaining and /or improving a commitment to good health and a priority and integrity for physical fitness (i.e., non-smoker, exercise regularly, etc.)
- Recruit, hire and evaluate all swim team staff and provide on-going training as needed
- Schedule coaching staff practice times, office time, requirements for meet attendance and manage coaches time-off requests and substitutions
- Provide on-deck leadership during all practices
- Will require early morning, evening and weekend hours
- Monitor coaches’ performance; provide feedback on a regular basis, including annual formal performance evaluations
- Familiarize coaching staff with all responsibilities of the GTS Swim Team program and the larger mission of Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club as a whole
- Design and lead the structure, philosophy and direction of the GTS Swim Team program, including annual GTS Team Handbook, Department Conduct Guidelines and Swimmer Code of Conduct
- Design training program for each assigned age group; assist coaching staff with designing training programs for their respective age groups
- Develop and implement group and individual goals for each assigned age group
- Evaluate individual swimmers performance in meets and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly
- Develop practice and meet schedules with input from GTS coaching staff
- Coordinate facility and staffing needs for dry-land training
- Collaborate with GTS coaching staff to complete meet entries via Team Unify, for assigned GTS group and other groups as needed
- Coordinate travel accommodations for the team when necessary; supervise swimmers and staff at meets according to National/Sectional Meet Protocol and Team Trip Rules
- Recruit a seasonal parent representative volunteer for each training group and coordinate effectively to assist with social events, travel and support
- Coordinate ordering of and sale of all swim team apparel and any other fundraising activity for the team
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to promote and advertise the program, within Colorado Swimming and nationally
- Develop and implement annual budget for Greenwood Tiger Sharks and complete and submit monthly variance report
- Complete all personnel paperwork as needed, including coaches payroll, and forward to Human Resources
- Complete all administrative paperwork, including invoices, A/P, P&L statements for all fundraisers, etc.
- Collaborate with GTS coaching staff and Graphics Administrator to design all printed materials (i.e. brochures, flyers, Pulse newsletter, posters) related to department promotion
- Oversee production and distribution of weekly or bi-weekly team newsletter; contribute to team information and articles for team newsletter
- As needed, update GTS pages of website with assistance from the Director of Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist in locker room management during peak pool usage times
- Assist swimmers with planning and applying for college, and attend National Signing Day as neededMeet weekly with Director of Aquatics and coaching staff
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures
- Participate in club-wide events whenever possible (i.e. Member Appreciation Events)
with Speedo USA
This is a Speedo USA swim job.
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales through events and select account management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
· Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
· Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and
· Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
· Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
· Maintain team sponsorship database and coach/team communication network
· Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
· Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
· Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
· Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
– Present wholesale product line to selected accounts within territory
· Manage all account details (daily orders, stocking programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
· Work with territory sales representative identify and open new accounts
· Work with accounts to identify new business growth opportunities
· Forecast overall account business and set sales / product goals for each account with territory
· Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with
· Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
· Attend industry events, swim meets and tradeshows
· Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
· Organize involvement of Speedo Team Dealers and sales reps to maximize Speedo exposure and sales
· Assist with on-site booth merchandising
· Oversee Speedo sales reps and Team Dealer’s event booths, sales specials, on-hand inventory and team interaction • Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
· Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
· Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
· Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
· Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
· Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
· Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years experience
Bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience
· – Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
· – Ability to multi-task and complete projects
· – Strong communication, presentation skills
· – Retail math skills
· – Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
· – Management of a large volume of accounts
with Genève Natation 1885
Genève Natation 1885 Waterpolo ∙ Natation ∙ Plongeon
Job offer for SWIMMING COACH ELITE Genève Natation 1885
The position offered by Genève Natation 1885 is that of SWIMMING COACH ELITE. This position reports to the Sports Manager. This is a permanent position (100%).
– Swimming coach of the Elite Team and Elite International,
– 30 hours/week of coaching, from the end of August till half of July (depending on the seasonal planning of Swiss Swimming and international seasonal planning),
– Training Camps in October, December, February, April and July.
– Develop the Elite Team and Elite International in number of swimmers and results, according to the direction of the Sports Manager,
– Placement of the Elite Team of boys and girls at the Swiss Club Championship, – Qualify swimmers to international official competitions (national team).
DEMANDED COMPETENCES :
– English mother-language and knowledge of French or Italian or German language (not mandatory),
– Minimum diploma Swiss Swimming is “Entraineur Bronze” (better “Entraineur Argent” or “Entraineur Or”) or International Diploma,
– Ability to develop a specific training system in partnership with the Sports Manager, – Open-mind.
M. VALLET Cédric General Manager Genève Natation 1885
with Genève Natation 1885
Genève Natation 1885
The position offered by Genève Natation 1885 is that of SWIMMING COACH JUNIOR. This position reports to the Sports Manager. This is a permanent position (80%).
– Swimming coach of the Junior Team,
– 22 hours/week of coaching, from the end of August till half of July (depending on the seasonal planning of Swiss Swimming and international seasonal planning),
– Training Camps in October, December, February, April and July.
– Develop the Junior Team in number of swimmers and results, according to the direction of the Sports Manager, – Placement of the Junior Teams boys and girls at the Swiss Junior Club Championship,
– Qualify swimmers to international official competitions (national junior team).
DEMANDED COMPETENCES :
– French mother-language and knowledge of English (not mandatory),
– Minimum diploma Swiss Swimming is “Entraineur A” (better “Entraineur Bronze” or higher) or International Diploma, – Group-work,
– Ability to develop a specific training system in partnership with the Sports Manager,
M. VALLET Cédric
Genève Natation 1885