with Illinois State University
Illinois State University, a member of the Missouri Valley and Missouri Valley Football Conference, is seeking a qualified candidate for a 12 month, full-time Assistant Women’s Swim Coach.
The Assistant Women’s Swim Coach will assist the head coach in all phases of the Women’s Swimming and Diving program including but not limited to recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization and design of practice and competition, on-deck coaching, pool scheduling, team management, travel arrangements, budget management, coordination of academic and compliance staff, alumni development, fundraising and other duties as assigned. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred. One to two years of collegiate and/or club coaching experience (GA experience accepted) is preferred. The assistant coach must pass the NCAA Division I recruiting exam annually. The assistant must also have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid or become certified upon employment. Required skills include: a proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills; advanced knowledge of swimming techniques and strategies; proven organizational and leadership ability; proficient computer skills, and thorough knowledge of NCAA Recruiting Rules.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Illinois State University is an EOE/AA employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Lisa Mason, Employment Consultant
Email: [email protected]
The screening and selection process is currently underway and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should a review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted.
Internal Posting Number: 0707109
Apply-by Date: May 18, 2015
Starting Date: June 1, 2015
Illinois State University
Campus Box 2660
Normal, IL 61790-2660
About Illinois State University
Illinois State University (ISU), founded in 1857, is the oldest public university in Illinois, United States; it is located in the town of Normal. ISU grants a variety of doctoral degrees, emphasizes teaching, and encourages faculty to conduct additional research. ISU is also recognized as one of the top ten largest producers of teachers in the US according to the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education. The ISU athletic teams are members of the Missouri Valley Conference and the Missouri Valley Football Conference and are known as the “Redbirds,” in reference to the state bird, the cardinal.
IUPUI seeks assistant swim coach.
In conjunction with the Head Coach direct and administer the IUPUI swimming program in compliance with applicable NCAA, Summit League and institutional regulations. Provide coaching and administrative support to the head coach while ensuring compliance with all governing bodies. Prepare meet plans and strategies. In conjunction with the head coach, develop community outreach programs, fund raising and promotional activities. Represent department and institution to internal and external publics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop plans to successfully recruit prospective student-athletes. Identifies potential recruits and plans effective scouting and evaluation plans. Evaluates prospective student-athletes and in conjunction with the head coach executes recruitment plans to enroll desired prospects. Work with admissions and compliance to set official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes in compliance with NCAA requirements.
Develop and recommend strategies for successful program including practice plans and strategies as well as participation in the development and execution of meet strategies. Participate in and lead assigned elements of practices and matches to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development work with athletes as warranted and fulfillment of competition day responsibilities as assigned by the head coach. Responsible for ensuring that all administrative requirements for the team are effectively carried out to include: travel arrangements and itineraries; equipment and uniform purchases; in conjunction with the head coach develop plans to successfully engage in fund raising, promotional and community service activities. Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to design and implement targeted development programs appropriate to the specific athletic needs of the program. In conjunction with the academic support staff, monitor academic progress and meet with individual student-athletes to ensure academic success and compliance with university and NCAA academic standards.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, plus 1 year of collegiate coaching, playing, or graduate assistant experience, preferably at the Division I level. Valid driver’s license required.
Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work independently, ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies.
Competitive salary with full University benefits that include excellent health, life insurance, and retirement plans; tuition remission; and annual leave, holidays, personal and sick days.
with Piranhas Swim Club
Piranhas Swim Club seeks head club swimming coach.
1. Oversee a growing program with 240+ swimmers that meets the needs of novice, competitive and elite swimmers.
3. Strong organizational skills. Manage assistant coaches, attend board meetings, LSC meetings, and perform other administrative functions such as site management/site scheduling.
4. Lead, inspire and mentor coaches & athletes and seek and embrace new/state of the art coaching techniques.
5. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, the board of directors, the high school swim coach and USA swimming communities.
6. Embrace the concept of a community dedicated to excellence at ALL levels; a strong balance between technique and distance, strong communicator and outstanding track record of mentoring, training and placing staff.
1. Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with current
Certification and clear background check.
2. ASCA Certified.
3. A minimum of 5 yrs. of coaching experience w/prior Head Coaching experience strongly preferred.
4. Solid competitive swimming background with focus on technical expertise and experience coaching swimmers of different ages.
5. Strong passion for swimming that allows for a strong communicator and positive motivator – both athletes and parent organization.
6. Strong organizational management and computer skills; must be
able to fulfill administrative functions required to operate a USA Swim Club.
7. Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager/Meet Manager.
8. CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training.
9. 4-year college degree preferred.
10. Compensation: Salary will be based on experience and qualifications in the range of $35,000 – $50,000
Applicants that wish to be a part of a successful, growing team should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including 3 references and a one page statement on coaching philosophy and management style by May 8th, 2015 to Jenny Staver at [email protected] All submissions are in strict confidence until a final contract and candidate’s release from previous obligations are complete. Must be able to start immediately.
About Piranhas Swim Club
The Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Level 3 swim team has an immediate opening for a strong, energetic, and dynamic leader as Head Coach for our growing USA swim team. Located in Eastern Iowa along the beautiful Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa our membership of 240 year-round athletes spans all competitive levels from novices to Junior National qualifiers. We are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all age, skill, and competition levels. The Piranhas were formed in 2010 through the merger of two long-standing USA swim teams, the Bettendorf Swim Club and the Pleasant Valley Stingrays. We are the largest USA swim team in the Quad Cities area. The mission of the Piranhas is to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competitive swimming as an aspect of that sport. We strive to empower every swimmer, regardless of age or ability, to reach his or her highest personal potential, both as an athlete and as a person.
with Mission Valley Aquatics
Mission Valley Aquatics, located on the south shore of Flathead Lake in beautiful Northwestern Montana, seeks a part-time head swim coach for its Lake Monsters Swim Team, an age group, USA Swimming (MT Swimming LSC) program with about 50 swimmers (winter season), ages 6-18.
***Additional hours are available if candidate is qualified and interested in coaching a small masters program, teaching youth or adult swim lessons, instructing water aerobics classes and/or lifeguarding. Visit www.mvaquatics.org for more information.
Primary responsibilities of the swim team head coach are to guide program participants during practice; register for and accompany them to meets; manage the swim team coaching staff and oversee swim team expenses. The coach works with the aquatic director to develop short-term program goals and long-term vision. Hours vary depending on time of year and seasonal commitments.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
– Create an energetic, fun environment for swimmers and families to thrive athletically and personally.
– Supervise swimmers during practice; ensure swimmer safety while in the water.
– Explain and enforce swim team policies and procedures.
– Recommend for hire, train, motivate and supervise coaching staff to achieve consistency and excellence.
– Design and communicate workouts with fellow coaches to maintain curriculum consistency.
– Work with the aquatic director to schedule practice times, swim meets, special events and clinics.
– Communicate regularly with aquatic director about swim team operations.
– Communicate with parents about swimmer progress and requirements for success.
– Manage all USA Swimming and Montana Swimming annual registrations, meet entries and team record keeping, either through Team Unify software or a comparable system.
Employee must have knowledge of:
– Mission Valley Aquatics’ vision and fundraising efforts
– Local history, demographics and diversity
– Age group and masters USA Swimming and Montana Swimming organizations and policies
– United States Open Water Swimming Association organization and policies
Employee must have skills including:
– Colorado Timing System 6 and all meet-related electronic timing and set-up
– Hy-Tek Team Manager or Team Unify web-based team management software and Meet Manager software
– USA Swimming Deck Pass
Must know how to swim and meet all USA Swimming Coach Education Requirements. American Swim Coaches Association Level 3 or higher preferred. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with board of directors, facility employees and general public.
About Mission Valley Aquatics
Lake Monsters is a family-oriented, USA Swimming competitive swim team program of the Mission Valley Aquatic Center. Although focused on creating a sustainable, year-round program, seasonal athletes are encouraged to join. Lake Monsters will take advantage of its proximity to Flathead Lake by developing an open water component and promoting it regionally and nationally.
with Trinity College
Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a graduate assistant for both our men’s and women’s swimming teams.
While pursuing graduate studies, the Fellow will be assigned duties as an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming in all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in the development of leading and organizing all facets of a Division III men’s and women’s swimming program, knowledge of and adherence to NESCAC and NCAA rules, recruiting, practice planning and execution, teaching responsibilities and mentoring student-athletes. The Fellow will also have administrative duties within the Department.
Graduate programs are available which lead to the Master of Arts degree in different fields (American Studies, English, and Public Policy).
Bachelor’s degree. Proven successful men’s and/or women’s swimming coaching experience and/or swimming experience. Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, advanced social media skills, and a strong knowledge of swimming. Ability to teach physical education courses in aquatics preferred. Candidate should be considering a career in college coaching.
Trinity College is a highly selective liberal arts and sciences college founded in 1823. We’re famous for our breathtaking Hartford campus, rigorous academics, student-driven campus culture, and our forward-thinking urban-global programs. Trinity College is a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) supporting 29 men’s and women’s NCAA Division III programs with over 40% of our undergraduates competing as intercollegiate athletes (varsity or club sports).
Trinity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.
with Eagle Swim Team
The Eagle Swim Team (EST) has a full time position open as the Head Age Group Coach. Our team is home to 210 motivated swimmers ages 6-18; abilities range from novice to national qualifiers. The Eagles are based at the McDonogh School (www.mcdonogh.org) located in Owings Mills, MD, and train at the Henry Rosenberg Aquatic Center (8-lane 50-meter pool) which opened in 2006. EST is a coach directed team and this position reports directly to Head Coach and Team President Scott Ward.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a coach to have a career of positively impacting children and young adults’ lives through competitive swimming. Candidates should have a minimum of 6 years of coaching experience with a demonstrated ability of successfully working with children and young adults. This position will involve serving as the lead coach for our Gold group and Masters Team, overseeing the entire age group program and assisting with our Senior and National Training Groups. In addition to strength of character and being an excellent role model, the candidate should possess a strong work ethic and a selfless attitude. Excellent organizational and communication skills with athletes and parents and the ability to teach outstanding stroke technique is critical for this position. Computer proficiency is needed in TeamUnify, Hy-Tek (TM & MM), MS Excel, Word, Publisher, and Google Docs. The candidate will need to have all USA Swimming required certifications inc luding an up to date background check and driving record.
We are looking for a hard working and positive team builder who shares our vision and goal of excellence in competitive swimming. This coach will work with our staff to create a team that will help us attain our ambition of climbing the ranks of the USA Virtual Club Championship and Club Excellence program. We are offering a competitive salary package including health benefits. This position also includes opportunities for increased income by assisting with our summer swim camp, clinics and assisting with McDonogh Middle School teams. In addition, EST covers team travel expenses, continuing education, and professional memberships.
The start date is August 17th but that is negotiable based on commitments with current employer. For more information, please contact Coach Ward at 443-544-7161 during office hours Monday and Friday 9:30 -10:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. or you can leave a message on the office voice mail and he will return your call.
Eagle Swim Team http://www.eagleswimteam.com/Home.jsp?team=mdest
About Eagle Swim Team
Founded in 1992, the Eagle Swim Team (EST) is a coach directed, year round, competitive United States Swimming registered Level 4 team. All EST coaches, parents, and team members share and contribute to our major team objectives.
1. To provide quality coaching, training, and competition for all team members.
2. To assist all team members in realizing and striving for their full potential in competitive swimming.
3. To help develop important life skills, such as self discipline, communication, goal setting, self-confidence, and sportsmanship.
4. To provide opportunities for educational and emotional growth through training, competition, and travel.
Tiger Aquatics Co-Head Coach & Age Group Director Responsibilities
Understand and demonstrate through action, the Tiger Aquatics Mission Statement and Core Values.
Responsible for all levels of swimming in the Tiger Swim program.
Oversee development of age program, structure, and growth
Keep Age Group Coaches Accountable
Oversee the Senior program development and growth
Run bi-monthly Staff Meeting
Ensure self sustaining and ever growing developmental and age group base within the organization.
Design or oversee training plans for all groups.
Have prompt attendance at all scheduled workouts and swim meets.
Set workout schedules, workout groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group for the entire Tiger Aquatics program.
Plan each season’s meet and travel schedule for the consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, and athletes and their families.
The Head Coach will coordinate team travel arrangements include but is not limited to: creating the budget and itinerary, selection of transportation and lodging, room assignments, selection of chaperones, supervision of staff, and discipline.
Coordinate staffing for practices and meets. Will need to have substitutes or other staffing solutions to replace ill or absent age group coaches.
Determine all individual and relay events for athletes at swim meets; or review those selected by assistant coaching staff.
Set performance goals and report to the board biannually
Facilitate individual age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers.
Has authority to dismiss any swimmer (at least temporarily).
Establishes an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
Upon approval of the Board and in coordination with the coaching staff, the Head Coach has authority to implement and run a Learn-to- Swim program, clinics, and other programs as needed to develop the club.
Coordinate and staff Spring/Summer/Fall Promo
Provide at least one start/turn/finish clinic annually.
Facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
Recruit and retain the coaching staff within budget determined by the Board. Individual coaching salaries will require Board approval.
Plan and direct staff meetings at least twice per month with Coaches.
Provide annual staff development goals, and set training calendar to ensure progression by all coaching staff.
Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate placement of staff within club programs and for educating, supervising, and mentoring all staff members.
Provide monthly written or oral reports to the Board.
Maintain healthy professional relationships with the Board marked by timely and appropriate written, spoken, and electronic communication.
Maintain scheduled hours and be available to the Tiger membership for individual meetings as requested.
Contact and update Board President regularly regarding programs.
Attend all Tiger general membership and Board meetings excluding closed sessions as dictated by the Board.
Communicate regularly and appropriately with general membership via weekly newsletter, team and training group meetings, email, and individual meetings or conferences as needed.
Oversee all meet entries, Billing: Hy-Tek
Assign and Coordinate all aspects of home meets including but not limited to the following…
Create and Print Meet Program
General Info + Timing Assignments to visiting teams
Pick up & deliver timing equipment
Colorado/Computer system set-up
Submit meet results for publication to PacSwim & SWIMS
Coordinate Club Recognition & Club Excellence
Provide and coordinate free clinics for summer rec teams to promote Tiger Aquatics.
Coordinate our Tiger Aquatics handbook & Age Group meet schedule
Create swim meet and team function events (Fall Kick Off BBQ/Awards, Superbowl Raffle Holiday party)
Co-coordinate Super Bowl Raffle efforts
Promotion of Virtual Club Championships (VCC)
Attend Zone 2 Meetings and other LSC Meetings
Coordinate awards and recognition at annual member banquet (Fall BBQ)
Facilitate beginning of season registration process with Team Administrator.
Administer and enforce team policies and procedures with general membership and coaching staff.
Help oversee the Tiger website, disbursement of meet information, posting of meet results, meet publicity, team travel information, team records, team files and team roster.
Maintain daily attendance records for all training groups.
Assist in marketing and fundraising efforts regarding organization and athletes; promos, etc…
Secure additional liability insurance coverage through AAU for tune-up programs and other promotions.
Coordinate alongside Pacific and Delta with daily, monthly, and seasonal use of Tiger Aquatics pools and workout areas.
Work with Board regarding contractual agreements and language for facility space.
Set daily practice sessions that maximize pool resources and swimmer development.
Advise Board regarding long-term growth and facility needs.
College degree preferred with two or more years of swim coaching experience in a YMCA or USA-Swimming program.
ASCA Level 2 certification or higher preferred
Current USA-Swimming coaching certification, including CPR/ First Aid/AED/ Life guarding/ Coaches Safety Training, and background check.
Knowledge of swimming and the development of young athletes
Ability to work with and relate to people of all ages.
Experience participating, coaching or running a swim meet.
Experience with swim meet computer program and computers/technology as a whole.
Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
Ability to travel, drive and possibly transport athletes to meets
Ability to speak concisely and communicate with necessary organizations, structures, etc…
Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Additional Compensation Details:
This position will remain open until filled. Part of this position could include bonuses and other incentives.
Resumes until: NA
with Wichita Swim Club
Wichita Swim Club (WSC) is seeking an outstanding and experienced Head Coach to join its nationally respected competitive program. WSC has a 60 year history in United States Swimming with notable success on the national and international level. Candidates must be a visible, energetic, and ethical leader who has a passion for the sport, the ability to communicate and represent WSC on a local and national level.
The Head Coach will have overall responsibility for all aspects of our competitive program with direct coaching responsibilities for the National team and at least one entry level competitive squad. The Head Coach will be responsible for carrying out WSC policies, and promoting the behaviors consistent with WSC’s mission and values. Further, the Head Coach will actively interface with the Board of Directors and the Board Committee Chairs, facilitate meetings, implement and monitor programs and initiatives, and provide reports on WSC activities and programs.
A successful candidate will be one who can foster a spirit of respect among employees and WSC members. This person shall provide visionary leadership and sound guidance in taking WSC forward. The Head Coach must be able to develop, maintain and promote a management philosophy that culminates in Member satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving the mandates of the annual/long term financial and strategic plans.
Responsibilities for the Position Include
– Oversee all levels of swimming
– Directly coach National Squad and one of the groups of the entry level competitive squad
– Educate and supervise all coaches
– Assist and guide athletes through the collegiate recruitment process
– Be proficient with Hy-Tek software and Daktronics Timing System and Scoreboard
– Acquire and maintain necessary certifications including Certified Pool Operator.
– Maintain all health, safety and legal standards required by OSHA, State and local Health Department codes and ordinances
– Ensure the facilities and the pool are kept meticulously clean, presentable and fully operational at all times
– Oversee special events at the pool
– Perform any other duties as required
– Handle community, Missouri Valley Swimming and USA Swimming relationships
– Establish meet schedule and practice schedule
– Handle coaching staff personnel issues including employment choices
– Co-Lead with the Director of Business Operations weekly staff meetings
– Serve as a member of the WSC Board of Directors in accordance with the Club’s Bylaws
– Prepare a monthly coaches report for Board of Directors and Director of Business Operations
– Possession of a bachelor’s degree in recreation or related field or any equivalent combination of accepted education and experience that would provide the above knowledge, abilities, and skills Minimum of 7 years coaching experience at the high school, collegiate, and/or competitive USA club level required
– Minimum of 5 years proven leadership in a head coach or supervisory capacity required
– Strong knowledge of philosophy, principles, and practices of independent aquatic programs and USA Swimming programs
– Certifications in work unit specific areas include: USA Swimming, CPR/AED and Safety Training for Swim
– Level 4 ASCA certification or higher preferred
– Must be a member in good standing with USA Swimming
– Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
– Experience with Team Unify, Hytek software and Daktronics Timing System and Scoreboard a plus
About Wichita Swim Club
The Wichita Swim Club (WSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to competitive swimming serving swimmers from all over the Wichita and south central Kansas area. WSC is a member of USA Swimming. WSC is also a member of the Missouri Valley Swimming Local Swim Committee (LSC), a subset of the USA Swimming organization. WSC has a rich history, having trained four Olympians and numerous team members for international competition. WSC enjoys owning its own 50 m indoor facility and hosting numerous invitational and LSC Championship meets.
with Peddie Aquatics
Peddie is seeking qualified applicants to apply for multiple positions as part time assistant coaches. The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic for the sport of swimming with a deep desire to learn the Peddie program. The ability to communicate well and take direction from the group head coach is imperative. This is an excellent opportunity to learn in an educational setting from coaches who are passionate about teaching.
Assistant Coach Openings
Senior Level Assistant Coach – working with 14-18 year old swimmers on a regional/state level.
Junior Level Assistant Coach – working with 6-8 year old swimmers
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university and have either previously coached or swam at a regional/national level. Candidates must pass the USA Swimming background check prior to final hire. We are looking for a coach who is going to bring a tremendous amount of spirit to practice and meets while teaching the foundations of great swimming.
About Peddie Aquatics
Peddie Aquatics is a nationally recognized USA Swimming Club located in Hightstown, New Jersey. The club is operated out of the Peddie School’s new aquatics center. Peddie athletes have competed in every Olympic Games since 1992, combining for 3 gold medals during that time. Swimmers have excelled at the World Championships, Pan Pacific Championships, the Pan American Games, and have qualified for the USA National Junior Team.
with The Race Club
The Race Club is looking for a passionate, youthful person to join their team of expert coaches.
The Race Club wants an enthusiastic, hard working person that is particularly interested in the technical aspects of swimming, but who also has the desire to train athletes.
The Perfect Candidate
A passionate, friendly person that is willing to listen and learn and that can turn a Race Club camp or lesson into one of the best experiences of the client’s life. A coach that treats and respects beginner swimmers and Olympians equally well. A coach that has a keen eye and ability to recognize and correct the technical mistakes of swimmers. A coach that has an interest in science and the physiology and biomechanics of swimming, yet can communicate it to clients in a simple, understandable way. A coach that has extraordinary communication skills and can critique, educate and convey information to swimmers in a positive and constructive way. A coach who wants to make a career of teaching more than coaching.
***This is a unique position. A perfect candidate must be open, flexible and dedicated. Please submit resume, picture and cover letter explaining why you would want to join The Race Club team. We are looking for a personality match and a talented business person. Salary will depend on person and the position we will create together.
About The Race Club
We are striving to become the global leader in teaching swimming technique. We currently have 5 swim camps in Islamorada, FL and 3 swim camps in Los Angeles, CA per year. We book private sessions for clients all year round. While our emphasis is on improving stroke, turn and start technique, we also provide an overview of the five different training disciplines required to reach the highest levels of competition. Outside of coaching swim camps and private sessions, we are seeking someone that also takes initiative to work with us in various aspects of our swimming business, such as marketing, information technology, inventory, accounting, customer relations, website tasks and social media.
with Regency Park Swim Team
The Regency Park Swim Team seeks Head Age Group Coach.
The Head Age Group Coach will be supervising the age group program, and coaching 2-3 training groups. The position will be 20-25 hours on deck per week with practices being held Monday through Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, and possibly some weekday morning as well. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Overseeing and directing the other coaches and their training groups
– Season planning
– Attending staff meetings
– Attending LSC meetings
– Attending an average of 1-2 meets per month
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 3 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers 14 and younger, display a strong knowledge of excellent stroke technique, and have prepared swimmers for the senior level.
We are looking for an energetic coach who is active on the deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity, and possesses good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a coach who has a passion to coach and mentor our swimmers!
Regency Park Swim Team
The Regency Park Swim Team (RPST), located in Fredericksburg, VA. Fredericksburg is in Northern Virginia between Richmond and Washington, DC, just two hours from Virginia Beach and the Shenandoah Mountains and less than an hour from King’s Dominion. RPST is a coach-owned team that was started in 2006 and has experienced growth every year. The team currently has 160+ swimmers ranging from novice to Junior National level, as well as National top 16 qualifiers. We are ready to continue to the next level.
with Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***
Truckee Tahoe Swim Team’s Head Coach for the last 8 years has announced her retirement from our team and we are looking to fill the position starting September 1st, 2015. This is a unique opportunity to lead a competitive swim program while enjoying the many benefits of living in a High Sierra Mountain Community.
Truckee Tahoe Swim Team (TTST) is looking for an experienced, energetic and dedicated Head Coach to oversee all level of swimmers (novice to competitive) for our year round swim team. The Truckee Recreation and Parks District will break ground on a new state-of-the-art 10 lane aquatic facility this spring which will be our team’s new home upon completion of construction.
Head Coach Responsibilities
– Work successfully with our all volunteer Board of Directors and professional coaching staff
– Oversee a growing program that meets the needs of all swimmers (novice, competitive, and elite)
– Recruit new athletes to join team and build community enthusiasm and team camaraderie.
– Develop TTST swimmers’ full potential through refined stroke technique and training
– Maintain a positive attitude and set an example of good sportsmanship, and teach our athletes how to achieve excellence “ in and out of the pool”.
– Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills
– Lead and motivate age group coaches
Head Coach Requirements
– Must have a minimum ASCA level 3 Certification or equivalent
– Current First Aid/CPR and Lifeguard Certification
– Clear background screening and positive references
– Solid competitive swim coaching experience with demonstrated technical expertise
– Must be available to start no later than September 1st, 2015
About Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
TTST is located in Truckee, CA a small tourist/ski town nestled in the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains/North Lake Tahoe area along Interstate 80 near the California-Nevada border. TTST is a non-profit year-round youth team (ages 5-18 year of age) offering training and competitive opportunities for swimmers of all abilities to reach their personal as well as team goals. Our goal is to provide a fun, supportive, competitive environment that fosters life-long love of swimming. TTST currently trains at the Truckee Community Pool located behind Truckee High School. Estimated completion of our new aquatic facility is scheduled for fall 2016. TTST average number of members range 65-100 year round and is at the low number in winter time when ski team is in session.
with U.S. Masters Swimming
The Education Manager has a dual responsibility of administering USMS adult learn-to-swim instructor certification program and administering our Swimming Saves Lives Foundation program. This position is full time and located in Sarasota, Fla. This position reports directly to the Education Director.
ALTS Instructor Certification Management
Coordinate the delivery of the USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim (ALTS) instructor certification teaching schedule including but not limited to, identifying cities to host an ALTS certification teaching, identifying and negotiating with hotels for best rates and services, scheduling of ALTS instructor certification classes, coordinating instructor schedules and contracts for teaching services, the shipment of course materials, and the processing of ALTS instructor applications and tests for certification.
– Cold call facilities and aquatic directors in cities an ALTS instructor certification is being hosted ensuring we meet participation numbers for each ALTS instructor certification teaching.
– Maintain the ALTS certified instructor database on the USMS website.
– Provide email and phone support to ALTS certified instructors.
– Catalog and edit existing USMS resources and assist in the development and delivery of new resources for ALTS certified instructors.
– Manage the ALTS certified instructor annual renewal process.
– Identify and solicit grants for organizations that would have an interest in supporting growth of ALTS instructor certification.
Swimming Saves Lives Foundation Management
– Manage our foundation grant process including but not limited to SSLF inquiries, soliciting SSLF grants, tracking grant requests, communicating with grant applicants, and ensuring SSLF grant agreements are completed.
– Provide grant application information in a usable format so the SSLF board of trustees may review and make grant recommendations.
– Collect data reports from SSLF grant partners.
– Receive orders, fulfill and mail SSLF support materials and collateral to grant partners.
– Update SSL information to our website.
– Manage our SSLF donor thank you program including electronic and mailed tax receipt letters.
– Develop and distribute SSLF donor solicitation information.·
Summary of Desired Qualifications
– Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
– Event planning experience
– Aptitude for organizing and analyzing data
– Ability to catalog and manage materials
– Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
– Ability to make clear recommendations and decisions when necessary
– Able to accept responsibility for job duties
– Produce timely and accurate work product
– Skilled with the Microsoft Office suite
– Passion for Masters Swimming
– Ability to weekend travel 10-15% of the time as needed to meet the obligations of the position
Desired education: Successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree
Substitution: For candidates who do not have the desired degree, 1 year of higher education may be substituted with 2 years of additional related work experience with at least 2 years of college required.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: Do you have two years or more of event management experience? If YES, please describe.
2. YES/NO: Do you have nonprofit experience managing grant programs and/or donor relations? If YES, please describe.
3. YES/NO: Do you have experience writing or delivering educational curriculum? If YES, please describe.
4. YES/NO: Are you willing to relocate to Sarasota, Florida?
5. What are your salary expectations?
ABOUT U.S. Masters Swimming
USMS is the premier resource for adult aquatic fitness in the United States and will make fitness through swimming available for as many adults as possible. Founded in 1970, USMS is a membership-operated national governing body that promotes health, wellness, fitness, and competition for adults through swimming. We do so by partnering with more than 1,500 adult swim programs across the country that offer a USMS licensed Masters Swimming program; educating and certifying coaches and instructors that are teaching adults; promoting information via the bimonthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletters, STREAMLINES, and website, usms.org; and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water, and virtual events and competitions. More than 62,000 adults are registered members of USMS.
with Towson University
The Athletics Department at Towson University is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Swim Coach to provide assistance to the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program under the direction of the Head Coach.
Recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes through the use of New Media Technologies; organize official visits including assigning host, creating travel itineraries, and managing all budgetary elements of visits while adhering to all NCAA regulations; provide skills instruction for student athletes; assist with academic support, fundraising activities, and community service; responsible for meet management, hyteck entries, and record-keeping for all home and away competitions; handle all Game Day operations including travel, bus, hotel, and restaurant plans; and other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree and coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or camp/clinic level. The selected candidate must have working knowledge of NCAA and Conference rules relevant to all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program and working knowledge of hyteck software. The selected candidate must have CPR, FA, and LGT certifications prior to employment. A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Competitive salary with full University benefits that include excellent health, life insurance, and retirement plans; tuition remission; and annual leave, holidays, personal and sick days. The position is contingent on funds being available at time of hire.
To Apply: Please complete the online application and upload one document containing a cover letter and resume. The position will be posted for a minimum of 14 days.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity.
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Towson University
Founded in 1866, Towson University is recognized as one of the nation’s best regional public universities, offering more than 100 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and applied professional fields.
Located in suburban Towson, eight miles north of Baltimore, our beautifully landscaped, 329-acre setting offers a pleasant environment for study and a diverse campus life, as well as easy access to a wealth of university and community resources. Towson University’s educational experience branches out to off-campus locations throughout Maryland, including a number of online options.
with Carson Tigersharks
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE***
The Head Age Group Coach will be responsible for supervising the Tigersharks Age Group Program as well as directly coaching 1-2 age group squads. Responsibilities include administrative duties for their primary squads as well as seasonal and weekly planning for all age group squads. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Head Coach in running the pre-competitive program and in creating a strong team environment that fosters personal and competitive growth.
During the school year (Aug-Apr), this position entails approximately 12-20 hours of on-deck coaching plus 1-2 weekend meets per month. During summer (May-July), coaching hours average 24-30 hours per week, plus swim meets.
• Preferred 2+ years of coaching experience
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
• Ability to effectively communicate and coach 20-25 swimmers in a group with stroke development, aerobic/anaerobic training, and dryland training
• Proficiency with Team Unify, Meet Manager, and general office and computer skills
• Strong communication, organization, and administrative skills
• Current USA Swimming Coach Certification
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, with opportunities for additional bonuses.
About Carson Tigersharks
The Carson Tigersharks is a USA Swimming Level 2 recognized competitive swim club that strives to help athletes of all levels reach their competitive potential. Our growing team has approximately 100 athletes in the competitive squads, and our pre-competitive program ranges from approximately 40 swimmers in the winter to 100+ swimmers in the summer. The Tigersharks owns and operates its own Colorado Timing System with Hy-Tek software to run up to three Pacific Swimming sanctioned meets per year as well as regular novice/twilight meets. We are a board run, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Carson Tigersharks utilize the Carson Aquatic Facility for all wet/dry land training and swim meets. The facility houses an indoor 8-lane 50m pool open year-round, with a seasonally available outdoor 6-lane 25yd pool. The facility also has an on-site weight room, wading pool, and therapy pool.
For additional information about the Carson Tigersharks, please see our website, www.tigersharks.org or contact Head Coach Julie Hardt ([email protected]).