Location: 2337-2341 Ocean Blvd, Rye Beach, NH 03871, USA
with Beach Club
Looking for a Head Swim Team Coach for the Beach Club of Rye NH. Head Coach would be responsible for running our summer Swim Team Program. We are part of the Summer Aquatic League running from Mid June through early August. Practice is 5 days a week in the morning and we will be participating in roughly 6 meets during the summer season. The team consists of typically around thirty member swimmers of all levels whom are under 18 years of age. The Beach Club has a history and culture of success competing in the SAL, this a great opportunity to coach a fun group of young swimmers for the summer with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop.
Location: 100 Dexter Avenue North, Seattle, WA, USA
with City of Seattle Parks & Recreation
|SALARY:||$16.92 – $20.48 Hourly|
|LOCATION:||Various – Seattle area, Washington|
|JOB TYPE:||Classified Civil Service, Regular, Part-Time|
|DEPARTMENT:||Seattle Parks and Recreation|
|BARGAINING UNIT:||PSIE, Local 1239 – Recreation|
|CLOSING DATE||05/01/18 04:00 PM Pacific Time|
Want a fun, great paying job for the summer that pays up to $17.76 to start ($16.92 per hour plus premium pay)!!!
Apply to become a Seattle Parks lifeguard for the summer and beyond! You’ll meet new people, make new friends and enjoy the sun while getting paid!
The City of Seattle’s Department of Parks and Recreation is actively seeking new members for a team that connects with citizens in each community across the City. Our department needs positive, hard working professionals who can contribute to continue to make Seattle Parks and Recreation an industry leader in aquatic programming. Our pools are a vital part of the culture in a City surrounded by water – where swimming is an essential life skill.
This job posting is for Part-Time Regular Lifeguards. Although considered part-time, employees in these positions can work up to 40 hours per week in the summer.
After Regular Lifeguard positions have been filled, Temporary lifeguards will be hired from the list of qualified candidates remaining.
- Monitor the activities of swimmers to ensure rules and regulations are observed and that safety hazards are not created.
- Required to rescue persons in distress or in danger of drowning, administer first aid in the event of injury, and assist handicapped and elderly patrons in and out of the pool.
- Conduct instructional programs for children, adults, and special population groups; teaches private and group swimming lessons, water safety classes, diving, water polo, synchronized swimming, competitive programs, and water fitness programs to all ages and abilities.
- May teach first aid, CPR, AED, Lifeguard Training, and other specialized Red Cross classes.
- Ensures the pool meets legal requirements and policy standards for operation.
- Assist in water quality testing, cleaning, and maintaining the pool and related facilities.
- Interacts with the public, answer inquiries pertaining to the use of the pool.
- Maintain attendance and grading for instructional programs, and other related duties as required.
- Employees in these positions can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must pass a background check and physical.
- Lifeguards are required to swim a minimum of 500 yards each work day and be prepared to perform in an emergency situation.
- Experience as a qualified lifeguard and swim instructor.
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques, and first aid.
- Ability to swim with proficiency and endurance.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and adopt effective courses of action.
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies.
- Specialized training and certifications as an instructor for various water education or fitness programs including Water Fitness, Swim Coach Certification, diving, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Required to work nights and weekends.
- Required to work varying hours.
- Required to follow safety precautions when handling toxic/hazardous substances.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Exposed to high noise levels and hot/humid weather conditions.
- Part-time positions require working variable shifts, including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
License, Certification, and Other Requirements:
- American Red Cross (ARC) approved certification for: Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Lifeguard.
- The Northwest Lifeguard Preparation Course and Test Certification (required to pass within three months of hire).
- ARC Water Safety Instructor Certification may be required.
Location: 720 4th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, USA
with St. Cloud State University Swimming & Diving
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Head Coach in the daily operation of the program of both Men’s and Women’s teams.
Assist in student-athlete development
Assist in technique, race strategy, and fundamental coaching
Assist with practice, conditioning, strength training and competition coaching
Assist with the planning and directing of recruiting
Assist with the coordination and direction of camps and clinics
Monitoring student-athletes academic progress and eligibility criteria
Administrative duties as assigned.
Assist and coordinate table help for home meets
College swimming or coaching experience
Understanding of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations compliance
This position requires extensive hours, including nights and weekends.
Graduate Assistants will earn an 8 credit remission plus a salary stipend. For full information please refer to St. Cloud State University’s Graduate Studies website:
Location: 101-271 Tyger River Dr, Duncan, SC 29334, USA
with Y Spartaquatics
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is seeking a visionary and inspirational leader to direct the competitive swimming program in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
YMCA Spartaquatics (YSSC) has thrived in the competitive swimming arena for over 20 years, producing quality young swimmers and quality young adults. YSSC has won multiple National Championships and competed at a high level in both USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming. YSSC prides itself in developing the swimmer through a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development. This position directs 340+ swimmers from ages 8-18. With a full team of coaching professionals, administrative support, and engaged volunteers, the next Head Coach will have the resources to continue the strong tradition established.
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, situated in the Upstate of South Carolina, is a fantastic community to live and raise a family. Surrounded by the mountains, and a short drive to the beach, the Upstate is growing and thriving.
- 6+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach in a YMCA or USA Swimming setting
- ASCA Level 2 certification or above is strongly preferred
- Experience leading and supervising staff
- Current certification in Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard, first aid and CPR
- Current YMCA certification in Competitive Swimming (can be attained post hire)
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred (must be attained within 2 years of hire)
- CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard/Coaches Safety Training required
- Child Abuse Prevention and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Management of the daily leadership functions of the YSSC Swim Team. Follow all policies and procedures. Comply with all YUSA Swimming and USA Swimming guidelines for Safety and Quality.
- Supervise all programs within the Swim Team. Supervise all coaches and Administrative staff.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of volunteers to support the YSSC Swimming program.
- Develop and Execute the Strategic Vision for YSSC Swimming.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the financial state of the Swim Team at all times. Report to YMCA leadership as to variances.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting. Manage all community relations for YSSC.
- Lead Annual Campaign fundraising to support Swimmer’s scholarship fund.
- Partner with YMCA Aquatics for facility management, pool management and program quality. Assist the YMCA in meeting the aquatic needs for the Upstate region.
- Solve problems through professionalism, communication and follow through.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team. Manage all Meet selections, host all home Meets, lead all swimmer placement strategies, oversee all practice schedules, and oversee all data management.
Location: 180 West 135th Street, NY, New York, USA
with YMCA of Greater New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Harlem YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for the health and safety of patrons using the facility.
•Must be Instructor Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
•Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
•Ensure instructional equipment remains in good condition; have all equipment ready prior to classes and put away after.
•Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
•Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
•Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
•Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
•Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
•Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 90 days of hire.
•Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
•Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
•High School diploma or equivalent.
•Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
•Current CPRO, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen certifications.
•Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
•Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
•Excellent hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
Location: 4905 Mermaid Boulevard, Wilmington, DE, USA
with Delaware Swim Team
Delaware Swim Team (DST) is seeking experienced coaches to work with our 8&U, 9-14 age groups and our highly successful Junior National Group (9-14)
DST is focused on motivating, teaching, training and young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming in the belief that this experience will provide “life skills” that will prove to be invaluable assets throughout their swimming career and adult life. We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying foundations necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
- Conduct workouts 5-6 days per week.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as communications with parents.
- Work closely with the DST staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole.
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required.
- Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at www.usaswimming.org).
USA Swimming requirements: Athlete protection training, Background Check through the USA Swimming background check
Location: 126 North St, Waterville, ME, USA
with Alfond Youth Center
The Alfond Youth Center in Waterville, Maine is looking for a dynamic motivated individual to oversee our Aquatics department and coach our competitive youth swim team. This an exciting full-time, year round, exempt level position.
Position Summary: Assures the effective and efficient operation of the Alfond Youth Center Aquatic Department facilities and programs, with a primary responsibility of serving as the Head Coach of the Mid Maine Dolphins club swimming team. Works with staff and volunteers to develop and maintain quality programs, standards, procedures, and facilities in accordance guidelines set by the YMCA of USA, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and American Red Cross. Duties include the development and management of programs, staffing, budgets, marketing, philanthropic initiatives and strategic operations.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, deliver, and evaluate Aquatic programs that meets the needs and interests of each programs target population. Ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Lead by example and direction, expressing the importance of YMCA & BGCA values, participant safety, and enthusiastic fulfillment of program objectives.
- Ensure that Local, State & Federal guidelines are followed for Aquatic Facilities and programs.
- Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the target populations. Including, but not limited to: Competitive Swim (Dolphins, Masters), Swim Lessons, Water Fitness Classes, Open Pool times, & Pool Rentals (Schools, Birthdays, Groups).
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the programs and staff.
- Work with Office Manager & Welcome Center Staff to create a customer focused registration process, and maintain an accurate database of participant records.
- Provide direct support and supervision for Aquatic staff and volunteers.
- Follow human resource management practices to recruit and retain seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate seasonal and year-round staff and volunteers.
- Provide council, advice and daily supervision for all staff and volunteers.
- Serve as Head Coach of Dolphins Club Swim Program.
- Organize and conduct practice workouts that are developmentally appropriate, well organized, and build progression throughout the course of the season.
- Develop a team culture that is focused on Youth Development, which rewards effort and commitment, not just results.
- Assist swimmers in developing, evaluating, and achieving goals.
- Schedule, organize, and administer home and away meets, make sure all paperwork is completed in submitted on time.
- Stay current with developments in the field of competitive swimming.
- Work with Dolphin Parent Group to assist with organizational and administrative functions.
- Design and implement a marketing plan to increase enrollments in Aquatic programs.
- Prepare and analyze enrollment trends.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Ensure websites and social media accounts provide up to date, relevant program content.
- Promote Aquatic programs using a variety of marketing outlets.
- Maintains relationships with participating families, local school committees, school administrators, teachers and students to promote Aquatic programs.
- Oversee the financial management and fund development operations to allow for adequate annual funding and to meet long-term goals.
- Develop and monitor budget for the Aquatic operations.
- Work with Dolphin Parents Group to attain fundraising objectives to support Dolphin Swim participants.
- Develops, monitors, and negotiates contracts with service vendors required for the Aquatics Department.
- Assist the AYC Development Director as it relates to long-term fund raising strategies for the Aquatic program and facilities.
- Generate revenue to support Aquatic programs and operations through groups and facility rentals.
- Secure group and event rentals.
- Ensure rentals are adequately staffed and each group receives a quality experience.
- Coordinate and ensure maintenance and housekeeping needs are met for Aquatic Programs.
- Ensure regular maintenance & cleaning processes are in place and followed.
- Work with Operations Director to prioritize long terms facility needs.
- Abilities to observe participant and staff behavior, assess appropriateness enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, apply appropriate management techniques.
- Maintain required certifications necessary for coach’s position (i.e. USA and YMCA Swim requirements.
- Visual and auditory ability and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to lead, direct, and participate in activities with youth and staff members.
- Understand, interpret, and articulate the mission of the Alfond Youth Center.
Location: University Park, State College, PA, USA
with Pennsylvania State University
Coordinator of Athletic Programs 3 (Head Swimming Coach and Intramural Coordinator)
The head coach of men’s and women’s swimming will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating and recruiting qualified student-athletes, organizing and conducting team practices and contests; preparing and overseeing team scheduling. Coach will hire, supervise and evaluate part-time assistant coaches and will adhere to all NCAA Division III, conference, and institution policies and procedures. Administer a diverse and comprehensive intramural sports program, recreational sports and fitness program for students, faculty, staff, and members of a diverse campus community. Assist with facility management of the Adler Athletic Complex. Also, organizing, promoting, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of all intramural activities. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate intramural staff and lifeguards. This job has an emphasis on creating and maintaining sport and fitness programs in a dynamic team atmosphere that promotes strong customer service relations and satisfaction. Evaluate the programming and make suggestions for changes and improvements. Requires a proficient and comprehensive knowledge of recreational programing and the ability to interpret and communicate information and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively. Normal hours are 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Sports Administration, Recreation or related field. Related experience in a recreational sports setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Collegiate coaching experience preferred. Employee supervision, event management, and computer experience desired. The successful candidate will be student centered and committed to upholding the values, mission and goals of Penn State. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with possibility of re-funding.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Location: Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Scholar Way, Corona, CA, USA
with Circle City Aquatics
Circle City Aquatics is looking to fill an Age Group Coaching position at Eleanor Roosevelt High school in Eastvale CA. The coach will be working primarily with 8 & under athletes, and consists of 10-15 hours of coaching Monday – Friday, including occasional weekend swim meets.
- Report to the Head Coaches
- Teach proper swimming technique and train 8 & under athletes
- Communicate effectively with other coaches, swimmers and parents
Location: 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing Township, NJ, USA
with The College of New Jersey
The College of New Jersey invites applications for Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach. This position resides in the Athletic Department, within the Division of Student Affairs and reports directly to the Executive Director of Athletics.
The Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for the direction, instruction and supervision of the Men’s Swimming and Diving program and the oversight and development of assistant coaches. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, operations of the assigned sport, compliance with all NCAA and NJAC rules and regulations, adherence to the standards and values of the college, budget management, academic support and integrity, competition scheduling and the recruitment and development of qualified student-athletes. The position serves as site manager for out-of-season home contests for other sports, including NJAC and NCAA competitions. In addition, the position requires participation on various department committees as assigned.
The Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach also serves as one of the department’s CPO and assists the Assistant Athletic Director of Facilities in overseeing the daily operations of the Aquatic Center including staff, programs and facility maintenance. Position assists with hiring, training, scheduling and supervising lifeguard staff. Assists with developing and implementing policies and guidelines of the Aquatic Center to ensure appropriate staffing, safety and optimal operation as well as assisting with the scheduling of the Aquatic Center membership, special events and rentals.
The College of New Jersey Athletic Department strives for excellence in providing a nationally competitive athletic and academic experience. We support the well-rounded student-athlete by developing the student-athlete academically, athletically and socially in preparation for life after college. We aim to recruit, advance and graduate student-athletes who are committed to personal growth, character development, serving the greater good of the campus and community, and embracing the ideals of the NCAA Division III Philosophy. The College of New Jersey provides equitable opportunities for men and women to participate in nationally competitive athletic programs under the guidelines of the New Jersey Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
Must have sufficient understanding of swimming and diving, and how to teach it.
Must understand and comply with NCAA Division III rules and philosophies.
Must understand and develop leadership skills in student-athletes and assistant coaches. Ability to serve as a positive role model.
Certified Pool Operator.
Certified in CPR, AED and first aid.
Strong organizational skills along with the ability to effectively communicate, implement and lead.
Ability to work in a collaborative team and goal oriented environment.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
5-7 years of college coaching experience
Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Location: 5602 Naaman Forest Boulevard, Garland, TX, USA
with Life Time Fitness - Garland, TX
Location: Tiffin University
with Tiffin University
|Tiffin University is accepting resumes for the position of head swimming and diving coach.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the operation and administration of the program in accordance with the policies, procedures and by-laws of Tiffin University, the athletic department, and NCAA Division II.
Duties consist of recruiting, budget development and fiscal management, practice planning, scheduling, travel arrangements, fund raising and promotion of the team with alumni, the campus and community.
Tiffin University is an equal opportunity employer.
|Bachelor’s Degree required. Successful coaching experience must be demonstrated. Submit a letter of application, resume, and three references to: Lonny Allen, Athletic Director, Tiffin University at [email protected].|
Location: Arlington Heights, IL, USA
with Alligator Aquatics
Alligator Aquatics seeking to hire – Head Age Group Coach
Objective: To lead, enhance and grow the Alligator Age Group program.
Primary Responsibilities: *Oversee all aspects of the Age Group program (ages 6-12). including planning, designing and implementing practices, dry land and meets for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue groups. *Coach the Blue group directly. *Attend all meets, training and workout sessions that the Blue group participates in, and 60% of the sessions that the Gold, Silver and Green groups swims in. *Work closely and cohesively with our assistant coaches for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue Groups. *Expectation to work 15 – 18 hours weekly (practice, meets and weekly admin work). Also help coach our Masters group.
Required – 2 years coaching experience, must be a certified USA swimming coach and enthusiastic with kids. Continuing education is expected. Lifeguard certified helpful
This position is salaried. We pride ourselves on paying our employees well and commensurate with experience.
Location: Lawrence, IN, USA
with Lawrence Swim Team
The Lawrence Swim Team, located on the northeast side of Indianapolis, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and knowledgeable individual to be the Head Coach starting immediately. The Head Coach will have a position on the 7 member board of directors.
The mission of the Lawrence Swim Team is to provide the community of Lawrence Township a competitive and instructional swimming program in an environment that will foster an atmosphere of sportsmanship, character, and achievement through hard work and goal setting.
Lawrence Swim Team has a Facility Use Agreement with Lawrence Township allowing access to the Lawrence North Pool (14 lanes, 25 yards wide with bulkhead) and Lawrence Central Pool (6 lanes, 25 yards) when not in use by the schools.
The qualified candidate will have extensive experience designing annual training programs for training groups of all ages. Such programs should include (for all strokes) development of technique, endurance, speed and power; dry land training to supplement in water training; tapering strategies prior to championship seasons; and understanding of training intensity cycles. The qualified candidate will have experience educating age group coaches on implementation of the above, and will insure the continued growth and development of all members of the coaching staff.
All potential candidates must meet USA Swimming and Indiana Swimming coaching requirements and have previous head coaching experience. Those requirements include:
CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited to the Following:
* Manage day to day club business.
* Planning, scheduling and conducting practices in coordination with other assistant coaches and other programs that use the facilities.
* Maintain effective relationships with Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township (MSDLT) swim coaches, parents, and athletes via individual conferences and periodic group meetings.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with the club board by openly discussing parental concerns providing input to strategic planning and policy making, and presenting ideas and opportunities for club improvement through USA Swimming’s recognition program.
* Develop the overall coaching philosophy and direction of the club to ensure that the tradition of excellence and the type of student-athlete-citizen that the LST has produced will continue.
* Maintain a close affiliation with various swimming associations such as Indiana Swimming, USA Swimming, ASCA, NISCA, and IHSSCA to foster a positive working relationship, to ensure the club is informed of upcoming events, to solicit support and for personal development.
* Supervision of Lawrence Swim Team athletes at practices, meets, and travel (if applicable).
* Attendance at regularly scheduled board meetings, coaches meetings, practices, and meets.
* Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Software and Team Unify Website Design is required.
* A coaching position with any of the Lawrence Township swim teams, including assistant coach and head coach, may be available.
Lawrence Swim Team, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Team: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Job Title: Head Age Group Coach
Job Description: With guidance from BAAC’s Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will design and conduct the training program for the team’s Novice and Advanced groups.
Novice Group: This group is designed to be an introduction to the sport where athletes learn the legal strokes, good practice habits, and how to be a great teammate. Typically, this group consists of swimmers ranging 6-10 years old, but it is not limited to those ages. This group currently practices 4 days per week at 1 hour per practice.
Advanced: This group is designed for goal-oriented age group swimmers who have shown a level of skill and dedication to the sport that would have them seeking a higher level of performance each and every day. Currently, this group consists of swimmers ranging 10-14 years old. Amongst them are Team Record Holders, LSC Championship Finalists, Zones Finalists, and more. This group currently practices 6 days per week at 2 hours per practice.
From a group progression and swimmer development standpoint, the Novice and Advanced groups are separated by the team’s Age Group. Swimmers progressing from the team’s Advanced group will move into the Senior training program.
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Head Age Group Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills based practices for the their training groups.
– Work with and mentor the other age group coaches and assist, as needed, them and their training groups.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– 4+ years of coaching experience of high level age group or senior swimmers.
– ASCA level 2 or higher preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in athletic field.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Team Description: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club trains in an Olympic-sized pool in the Alumni Arena, which is located on the University at Buffalo’s Northern Campus in Buffalo, NY. The program has doubled in sized over the past year. Signs point to continued growth, and BAAC wants to add a 2nd full-time, progressive, and goal-oriented coach that will provide BAAC a competitive edge in the region while continuing to give our swimmers excellent opportunities for advancement.
Prior to the 2017 SC season, BAAC has won the Small Teams Division at Niagara’s LSC Championships (both SC and LC) for 4 years in a row. We did not win in the 2017 SC season as we’ve grown too large to be considered a small team, which we’re very proud of. Our goal is continued growth and progress amongst our swimmers and our program.
Buffalo, affectionately referred to as The City of Good Neighbors, is shedding its Rust Belt image and is home to a new waterfront, great restaurants (not even counting the wings), and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll rarely commute for more than 20 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. There is potential for bonuses and medical insurance allowance. Job related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.