Location: 60 S Lincoln St, Washington, PA 15301, USA
with Washington and Jefferson College
The Athletics Department at Washington & Jefferson College invites applications for a Part-time Diving Coach.
— Assist the swimming & diving staff in the daily activities of running a NCAA Division III swimming & diving program.
— Serve as the primary coach for the administration of practice and training sessions with the program’s diving student-athletes.
— Assist in planning for team travel, equipment ordering and learn about the complexities of team operations.
— Travel to competitions with team and staff and help in meet day operations.
— Other duties as assigned. Hours – Approximately 15 hours per week from October to March
Location: 220 E 6th St, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
with Pomona-Pitzer Athletics
The Pomona-Pitzer Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report to both the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach. The position is part-time over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Primary expectations will include:
- Investing in the success of the Pomona-Pitzer Swim & Dive program
- Assisting with the planning, writing and coaching of daily workouts
- Providing support for a diverse group of team members in and out of the pool.
- Fostering an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including scheduling, budgets, clothing & equipment purchase, travel and keeping practice and competition statistics.
- Manage the operation of home swim meets.
- Assisting in the recruitment of top-quality students to both Pomona and Pitzer Colleges
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Associate Head Coach.
Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience is strongly preferred.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required
The department is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for underrepresented students.
Location: 137 N 250 E, Park City, UT 84098, USA
with Park City Swimming
Park City Swimming is looking for a unique individual that is outgoing and highly motivated. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, be detail oriented, and have the willingness to go the extra mile to become an integral member of one of Utah’s premier swim clubs. PCS is operated by the Park City School District in beautiful Park City, UT. PCSD is one of the finest school districts in western US. With athletes from age 7-18, PCS has grown to over 150 USA Swimming registered swimmers, ranging from novice competitive swimmers to state record holders to Futures qualifiers.
Pay Range & Hours
Pay range starts at $14.14 per hour and is commensurate with experience. The position(s) will be approximately 10-20 hours each week, plus swim meets as assigned. Assistant coach will be working with various ages and abilities.
PCS Assistant Coach will:
- Be a team player.
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the PCS philosophies.
- Work with head coach and develop seasonal plans for assigned group(s).
- Promote the personal development of every
- Inspire swimmers by using positive coaching techniques.
- Work with a variety of swimmers/groups in both age and ability as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Abide by the USA Swimming and PCS Code of Conducts.
- Maintain membership in good standing with both USA Swimming and PCS.
- Emphasize the core values of PCS and encourage sportsmanship, commitment and achievement.
- Maintain records of daily attendance, test set results, try-out assessments, etc.
- Assist in the set-up, running and clean up of all home swim meets.
- Attend any coaching meetings/clinics as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Attend team social functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach and/or Aquatics Director.
- Successfully pass the PCSD and USA Swimming Background Check immediately upon hire.
- Possess a current driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Complete all USA Swimming Coaching requirements ASAP.
- Be a member or become a member of ASCA within 6 months of starting at PCS.
To apply for this position, go to the Park City School District website to apply:
(Scroll down and look for the Asst. Swim Team Coach Position)
The position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview. For more information about the position, please contact Mike Werner at [email protected] or 801-949-5281.
Location: Santa Maria, CA, USA
with Santa Maria Swim Club
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SMSC ASSISTANT AGE GROUP COACH
The SANTA MARIA SWIM CLUB is presently looking for an Age Group coach. SMSC operates out of a city owned 50-m aquatic facility in Santa Maria, CA. The area is known for strawberries, wine and the local Air Force base and is close to the beach. We currently have 150 swimmers in the year-round portion of the team and were instrumental in producing 2016 Olympian Josh Prenot.
SANTA MARIA SWIM CLUB is seeking a qualified coach who is available to coach approximately two hours per day in our age group program. The ideal candidate works well with young people, specifically 9-12 years old and is able to communicate and work with other coaches, parents and athletes. The candidate must be willing to work within the SMSC culture and program.
Current USA Swimming Coach in good standing. (All certifications, background checks etc)
Previous coaching experience required.
Ability to teach & train several practice groups. Most typically, Monday through Friday between 4:30-6:30PM.
Ability to coach at weekend swim meets as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong understanding of technique (or willing to learn).
Enthusiasm in working with young people.
Communication skills with City personnel, other coaches, parents and athletes.
Ability to learn and use the TeamUnify platform.
Primary Job Duties:
Plan and conduct 1.5-2.5 hours per day of on-deck coaching, working with their respective group.
Attending all scheduled swim meets, meetings and team functions as required.
Communicate effectively with parents, athletes and other coaches.
Work with and coordinate with the Head Coach in developing group goals and curriculum.
Tracking of group attendance through TeamUnify app.
Salary & Incentives:
$13-15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
All mileage to away meets reimbursed at .50/mile.
l swim meets reimbursed at current IRS per diem rates.
Yearly ASCA dues, American Red Cross certifications, Background checks paid by team after first 6 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mike Ashmore, Head Coach & General Manager at [email protected]
Preferred start date is August 27, 2018, but flexible for the right candidate.
Location: 900 State St, Salem, OR 97301, USA
with Willamette University
Willamette University has an immediate opening for an Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with all areas associated with the swimming program including: practice preparation and implementation; meet management; student-athlete recruitment and retention; coordination of team travel; dryland preparation and implementation; and community engagement.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a rigorous academic environment and assist in all areas of recruiting.
- Assist head coach with practice implementation of assigned groups.
- Observes all conference, NCAA and university rules and regulations.
- Assists head coach with team travel arrangements including accommodations and meals.
- Assists in coordination of meet management for all home dual meets.
- Assist head coach with preparation and implementation of swimming specific strength and conditioning program.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Teaches sport skills, strategies and philosophy as well as sportsmanship.
- Assists program with the Willamette University Swim School as needed.
- Participates in department and Division planning and staff meetings when available, representing the swimming program and/or Willamette athletic department.
- Work collaboratively with all coaches and administrative staff within the athletics program to enhance overall department operation and student-athlete experience.
- Additional administrative responsibilities and duties will be assigned by the Head Swimming Coach or the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school or club level.
- Knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to swimming.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes. Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in an athletic coaching setting.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and basic office software.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse colleagues, students, and community members.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
- Collegiate playing experience.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Meet Manager, Team Manager and the Colorado Timing system.
- Familiarity with ARMS recruiting software and usage as relates to recruiting and compliance.
Position is open until filled, however review of applications will begin July 30, 2018.
Location: 579 College Way, Urbana, OH 43078, USA
with Urbana University
Urbana University, a division of Franklin University, has an opening for a part-time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach. Urbana is a NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic/Mountain East Conference (GMAC/MEC).
The assistant coach will assist the head coach with all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching at practices from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and assisting with practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Also, if available, to travel to meets which are held on Fridays/Saturdays and often includes driving a University van, being able to assist and learn if not previously trained in recruiting qualified student-athletes, developing student athletes athletically as well as assisting with their personal growth as young men and women, and other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
We are looking for someone to come in and assist with building upon the current foundation and help propel the teams to greater success. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has prior experience as a competitive swimmer and possibly some coaching experience to come in and make a difference with a program that is on the rise and also have the ability to learn from an experienced coach.
We seek someone with a Bachelor’s degree and excellent verbal communication skills who can help to continue the strong tradition of graduating our students within 4 years and achieving recognition for our team GPA’s. A background in strength and conditioning would be a plus in this position. This individual must have the ability to travel to some, if not all, away meets, possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report to be able to drive a University van. In addition, the part-time Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach must successfully pass an NCAA eligibility test in order to be able to recruit off campus.
Urbana University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Urbana does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.
Location: 1006 Voss Rd, Houston, TX 77055, USA
with DAD'S Club Swim Team
The Dad’s Club Swim Team is a USA Swimming year round team centrally located in Houston Texas and established back in 1948. We are a one site team with over 400 competitive swimmers from ages 6 -18 of varying levels.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience, be well-organized, energetic with a great understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, create a season training plan, complete meet entries, attend pertinent meetings, maintain weekday office hours. Administrative responsibilities will include communicating with parents, complete monthly meet write-ups and assignments.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 1:00-7:00pm (morning and afternoon practices during summer months) and an average of 1-2 swim meets a month. The coach is also required to be present at any additional team events, such as fundraisers, banquets, and award nights.
Experience with Active, Meet Manager and or Hy-tek software is preferred but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
The Club – Dadsclubswimteam.com:
- Founded in 1948
- Located in Houston, Texas, 77055
- Owned facility includes: 3 pools (50×25 meter outdoor pool, 33 1/3 lesson pool, 25 yard/ activity outdoor pool) also includes meeting room, weight room, locker rooms, additional bathrooms, offices and outdoor dry-land area.
- 300+ year round pre competitive swim program
Mission Statement: Dad’s Club Swim Team is dedicated to providing swimmers with the opportunity to reach all of their swimming goals, through commitment and hard work, in an environment that fosters life lessons.
How to Apply