with Singapore Swimming Association
A. PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Report to the Vice President (Artistic Swimming) and responsible in supporting the Executive Director. To ensure, that within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the head coach is responsible for the overall high performance organisation and management of the Singapore National Artistic Swimming Team, including development of the athlete and coaching pathways.
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
Work closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including Sport SG, affiliates, other national federations and sponsors to ensure alignment.
2. Logistical Organisation
Work with the Artistic Swimming Sports Manager to develop and implement plans to meet the expected needs of the athletes, coaches , officials and support staff before and during the tour. This includes booking of flights, accommodation, entries for meets, provision of meals and transportation. Ensuring team Singapore meets the technical guidelines provided by organisers.
3. Technical Responsibilities
Overall in charge of the high performance programs of the elite, development and talent ID national Artistic Swimming squads.
Development of Multi Year sports plan (2018 to 2022), that includes a regenerative pipeline for a national Artistic Swimming program that brings our artistic swimmers to Olympic qualification levels.
To train local coaches with the ability to coach Learn-to-artistic swimming programs that prepares artistic swimmers to get into our national team program.
Work closely with the Artistic Swimming sport manager to develop and implement plans for Coaches Education/Development for local coaches.
Work closely with the Singapore Sports Institute Scientist Support Group on high performance plan to provide sports science and medicine support for national athletes.
Visit local Artistic Swimming clubs to study how they operate at a coaching level and develop coaching strategies and athlete development pathways that will help the clubs increase their pipelines and improve from the developmental to the high performance level.
Creating a well rounded lesson program supporting all levels of artistic swimmers. To build a skills progression program that supports each artistic swimmer regardless of level.
4. Team Communication
Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
5. Team Budget
To prepare and implement the national high performance team budget.
Follow up all incidents and report to VP (Artistic Swimming) on final outcomes.
Coach reports for overseas trips
Database of athlete performance and progressive updates on individual artistic swimer’s performance and training plans
C. JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
Possess relevant Artistic Swimming coaching certifications
Experienced in coaching artistic swimmers successfully at major international meets.
Demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues relating to managing a major national team at an international meet.
Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
Experienced in dealing with international and national media and press conferences.
Demonstrates technical knowledge of Artistic Swimming to enable understanding of specific Artistic Swimming administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and other officials.
Has the interpersonal skills and technical expertise to provide an effective link between team members and Championship officials and technical committees.
Experienced in coaching swimmer successfully at major international meets.
Experienced developing season plans and working with Sports Scientist.
Experienced in mentoring coaches.
Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct team/staff members where relevant.
Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
Ability to work on weekends.
Ability to travel overseas.
Location: 1000 North Main Street, Findlay, OH, USA
with University of Findlay
The Graduate Assistant Position will be a part time position, allotting 20 hours per week and 12 graduate credit hours for the 2018-2019 academic year, while following University protocol for Graduate Assistantships. This position is specifically targeted at obtaining a Diving Coach.
The oversight of over fifty student-athletes is a difficult task, and assistance is necessary for the development as an individual student-athlete. The Graduate Assistant will play an integral supporting role. This is the purpose of the request, to enhance student-athletes experience inside the classroom and on the playing field. The University will gain an employee who works directly for the betterment of students through the help of athletics. This will assist with the University mission to promote students to become whole-persons. The duties and responsibilities for the Graduate Assistant position includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with daily operations of swimming and diving program
- Plan, organize, and conduct Diving practice
- Assist with coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
- Assist with equipment and clothing distribution and collection pre and post season
- Assist with recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
- Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with University, GMAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Pass NCAA recruiting test
- Aid in the development of monitoring academic progress
- Assign study tables for team members struggling academically
- Assist with Camps/Clinics/Lessons and other programing developed and organized by UF Head Coach
These duties and responsibilities, as well as other assigned duties, will be instrumental in allowing the Head Coach, as well as the Assistant Coach/Aquatics Director perform their role.
The student who is hired for this position will also gain invaluable experience coaching student-athletes on the UF Swimming and Diving team. It will provide an opportunity to display leadership, organization, and communication skills that can be used in their future profession. The Graduate Assistant will also grow, develop and benefit from studying in a graduate program at The University of Findlay. This will provide an opportunity to thrive in multiple roles at the University. The University, coaching staff, and student-athletes will also benefit from the knowledge provided by the graduate assistant in the operation of the Swimming and Diving Program.
The Graduate Assistant will receive periodic evaluation throughout the academic year. These evaluations will consist of assisting the head coach in daily assigned responsibilities, the manner in which the G.A. has benefitted the student-athletes and improvements that can be made/have been made since the last evaluation. The Graduate Assistant will receive a written and oral evaluation on the aforementioned duties following the winter and spring terms.
Location: 601 Garretson Road, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
with Somerset Valley YMCA
Somerset Valley YMCA’s swim team, 2017 LC YMCA National Champions and 2018 SC NJYMCA State Champions, is currently seeking a dedicated swim coach for our Senior 1 practice group of 15-18 year old athletes. We are looking for an individual who shares our commitment in strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals, and expand their overall potential in a safe and supportive environment.
The Senior 1 practice group has qualified multiple athletes for YMCA National Championships in each of the past six seasons. The growth of the Senior 1 practice group has been vital to the success of the 15-18 Senior program at SVY. The Senior 1 lead coach also serves as a YMCA National Team Assistant Coach, and will assist in coaching all athletes in the 13/Over program.
Benefits of working for the Somerset County YMCA include working in a diverse and inclusive environment, a supportive community, and a free membership to encourage a healthy spirit, mind, and body.
- Motivates and develops individual team members
- In charge of all aspects of group season planning and individual goal setting
- Assists in year-round competitions in both YMCA and USA sanctioned swimming events
- Effectively communicates team information to Swim Team and parents
- Must possess ASCA level 1 or higher
- Must have ARC Swim Coach Safety Training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- LGI, WSI and CPO Licenses are a plus
HOURS: Mon – Fri (Tue off) 4-6:30p or 6:00-9:00p, Sat 11a-2p, Sun 7-9a, meet weekends as needed
Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
with University of Virginia
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to
academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is
looking to fill the position of Volunteer Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Volunteer Coach will assist the coaching staff with the day-to- day functions of practices,
assist with on-campus recruiting visits, and perform other administrative work, as needed. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn the
operations of a Division I program with the eventual goal of becoming a college coach.
To apply, email your credentials to the Head Coach of the Swimming and Diving program,
Todd DeSorbo, at [email protected]
Location: 79 Maple Street, Summit, NJ, USA
with The Connection
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs is looking for a full time director who is passionate about Aquatics and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- The Aquatics Director plans and manages all aspects of instructional, recreational, and pre-competitive programs.
- Responsibilities also include pool facility operations and maintenance.
- The Director hires, trains and supervises a staff of 50.
- The position reports to the Senior Director and includes teaching/coaching/guarding as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Applicants should have four years of experience in lifeguarding/coaching/swim instruction including aquatics supervision/management with two years of customer service experience.
- Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate required and Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) preferred.
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) are also preferred and will be required within one year of employment.
- Competitive compensation offered.
- Membership discounts offered to staff and their families including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.
Location: 216 Nsu Acadia Drive, Thibodaux, LA, USA
with Crawfish Aquatics
Crawfish Aquatics, Louisiana’s Total Swim Program based in Baton Rouge with satellite locations in Lafayette and Thibodaux on the campus of Nicholls State University, is looking to fill the full-time position of Senior Coach in Thibodaux. The position is salaried and a benefits package is provided.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a contagious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming, a commitment to growing the team through selfless service, and a strong desire to grow and learn professionally. Previous coaching experience and a bachelor’s degree is required. Previous competitive swimming experiences are valued. Demonstrates strong communication skills and administrative skills. The position requires proficiency with several computer systems including Windows, knowledge of Team Unify systems, Hytek Systems, and an ability to learn all other necessary software systems. Candidates must have current certifications through USA Swimming or be willing to achieve certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training. Candidates must pass a background check.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Coaching Crawfish Aquatics senior swimmers or age group swimmers depending on preference and experience, managing the facility including the day to day operations, maintenance, supporting all meets, maintaining office hours, communicating with parents, participating in staff projects, planning, supporting all team activities and assisting with our Swimming Lessons program. The position will report directly to the COO.
Location: Tampines Street 73, Singapore
with United World College South East Asia
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme
- Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Coach / teach for 1 week at the start and end of the three major vacations
- Assist Head Coach with Senior/National Squads when necessary
- Be willing to coach between week 2-6 weeks in the summer holiday programme
Location: Aldie, VA, USA
with LetSwim, Inc.
compensation: $14-$20 for swim instructor based on experience
employment type: part-time
Candidates must be fun, enthusiastic, willing to sing, and must love to work with children as well as swimmers of all ages. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching swim lessons but it is not a requirement as training will be provided. Hourly pay based on experience ($14-$20 per hour). Please indicate your availability when responding.
More information about LetSwim can be found on our website www.letswim.com. Please email your swim resume to [email protected]
Location: 7202 East Cactus Road, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
with Scottsdale Aquatic Club
SCOTTSDALE AQUATIC CLUB is seeking a full-time assistant coach. The ideal candidate will have energy and passion for swimming, be knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the sport and willing to help the club in many areas. This coach will support and carry out the mission of Scottsdale Aquatic Club and the philosophy of the Head Coach.
–Up to date USA Swimming credentials
–5 years coaching experience and/or four-years college swimming experience
–Knowledge and ability to teach technical aspects of the stroke and set up a training plan
–Ability to create strong connections with swimmers and help them achieve their goals
–Seek knowledge and experience to grow as a coach
–Ability to work with different ages and ability levels
–Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc)
–Work with the Head Coach to design and plan training
–Lead a group of high school aged swimmers aspiring to achieve Sectional level
–Attend weekly staff meetings
–Serve on a coach committee to help club development
–Maintain positive and encouraging environment for the training group
–Assist with other training groups as needed
This is a great opportunity to work with a USA Swimming Gold Medal Team. Professional growth available to coaches at Scottsdale Aquatic Club.
Full-Time position. Salary commensurate with experience. 403B retirement matching program.
We have an immediate need to fill this position. If you are unable to start by May 15, please do not apply.
Location: 1004-1006 Mt Olivet Rd NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
with Old City Swim School
Make a difference in a kid’s life today by teaching them the most valuable life skill: swimming!
Old City Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim program in the DC/Capitol Hill area. We’re passionate about teaching everyone how to swim and are deeply committed to preparing people for a life of fun in and around the water.
Are you excited about our mission? Do enjoy working with kids? And are you totally down to be the brightest part of a little kid’s day and possibly become their HERO?
Must be energetic, fun, playful, and enjoy working with kids
Must be OK with getting wet in a heated indoor pool.
Must be able to consistently show up to shifts on time.
Technical swimming background NOT required.
Starting pay rate for coaches is $12.50 per hour. Able to get raises! High School diploma or GED required. Must be 18 years of age or old. No Previous swim instruction experience required.
Shift Availability: Candidates are asked to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week on an ongoing basis.
1. Mondays 5:45PM to 7:15PM
2. Tuesdays 5:15PM to 7:15PM
3. Wednesdays 5:15PM to 7:45PM
4. Thursdays 5:15PM to 7:15PM
5. Saturdays 9:15AM to 11:45AM
Lessons take place at the MSSD pool on Gallaudet University’s campus off Florida Avenue and 8th Streets NE. Employees must provide their own transportation. Free parking available. Bike racks available.
Coaches must pass the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course prerequisite swim requirements. This includes: Swim 300 yards continuously; Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs; Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds starting in the water that consists of: swim 20 yards and surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back returning to the starting point. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Not sure you can complete the swim test? Don’t let that deter you from applying! For superstar candidates who require some fine-tuning on their own swim skills, we have the ability to set up a timeframe that allows you to get started coaching kids right away and also practice your own swim skills!
Apply here today! http://oldcityswimschool.com/hiring/
Location: 204- D Mill Street, Vienna, va
with Machine Aquatics, LLC
We are looking to hire a Full Time Senior & Age Group Coach for our Virginia & Maryland Locations. This coach would lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate High Performance Age Group and Senior level programs while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website).
Location: 333 Preston Avenue, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with South Jersey Aquatic Cluc (SJAC) Swim School
Special Needs Swim Instructor
SJAC Swim School is looking for experienced swim instructors who are able to teach all levels of Special Needs swim instruction. Daytime availability is a plus but not required! Instructors must have a related educational degree and aquatic experience. Join a team dedicated to leading aquatic special needs in the region through swim lessons, therapy and swim team.
Red Cross Life Guard & CPR Certification is required, but training is available. Swimming background is preferable. This position is not for the quiet or shy! We are looking for individuals that are out going, friendly, fun, relate well to children, and have fantastic “people”/customer service skills.
Be a team player and passionate. Be courteous and mindful of those around you both in and out of the water.
- Aquatics: 1 year
Required education, license or certification:
- Red Cross Life Guard & CPR Certification is required, but training is available
- Related educational degree/training
Location: State College, PA, USA
with Nittany Lion Aquatic Club
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming coach certification. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- 3-5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming.
- Proficient in Hy-Tek swimming software and Team Unify platform.
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Supervise and mentor other club coaches.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at State College Area School District (SCASD) and Penn State McCoy Natatorium to ensure pool availability for training and meets.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating Swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
- Potential exists to serve as the State College Area High School swim coach, as well. This opportunity would involve separate application to SCASD.
Location: 3524 E L St, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA
with Metro Aquatics
Metro Aquatics in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Development Swim
Coach to oversee our no-experience swim teams, advanced swim lessons, and swim team
bridge programs. Metro Aquatics is a parks-owned, coach-run, inner-city USA-Swimming Club
Recognition Level 3, and at the forefront of inclusion in aquatics. This is an excellent next-step
for a swim-lesson manager or development swim coach who wants to be part of an exciting
team working outside the traditional swim-lesson structure. The successful candidate will be
encouraged to identify and eliminate barriers keeping local youth from participating in
Specific Job Duties Include:
1. Coordinate 90-150 swimmers and 8-16 coaches across 7 facilities
2. Collaborate with the head coaches to create an enjoyable long-term development plan
for young swimmers to properly progress.
3. Respectfully and effectively communicate with all ethnicities and socioeconomic
4. Directly teach/coach swimmers during program times.
5. Attend regular staff meetings.
6. Work with the Head Age Group Coach to progress swimmers effectively through
7. Assist the club with any other needs
Compensation is $20,000-$28,000, plus some benefits, based on experience. (Unrelated local
opportunities to make $6,000-$12,000 coaching high school are common.)
Location: La Mirada, CA, USA
with Biola University
The Biola Assistant Swimming coach is responsible for aiding the Head Coach in establishing an effective, competitive, and successful team program, where student-athletes have a positive intercollegiate experience. The Assistant Coach must demonstrate strong administrative and technical coaching skills and be fully committed to the mission and goals of the Program, the Athletics Department, as well as the Institution. The Assistant Swimming Coach will comply with all NCAA Division II legislative requirements, as well as applicable PCSC Conference rules and regulations.
- Contribute to Biola’s commitment to the Christian Faith in glorifying our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Design, & Lead training sessions (In-Water & Dryland) when needed. (AM & PM Workouts)
- Perform assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program. (Recruiting, NCAA Compliance, Scheduling, Planning Travel, etc.)
- Attend Biola Athletics Coach’s Meetings twice per month.
- Maintain comprehensive and technical knowledge of the sport through continuous research of new/innovative training styles & mechanics of each stroke.
- Recruit quality Christian student-athletes, under the guidance and direction of the head coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach (Official & Unofficial Visits).
- Serve as an academic overseer for student-athletes by organizing class schedules for each individual swimmer, approving study-hall hours, and communicating with the student-athlete academic advisor as needed.
- Aid Head Coach in meet entries for dual meets & invitationals.
- Represent the sports program in a positive, & professional light to opposing programs and external individuals/groups. (Parents, Students, Alumni, Donors, Faculty & Staff, General Public, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Is a Christian believer, and has an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Desire to pursue a career in collegiate swim coaching, with a strong/passionate work ethic.
- 3+ years of coaching experience on the Collegiate, or Senior Club Level.
- Strong knowledge in the area of strength and conditioning Dryland for swimmers
- Ability to build strong/meaningful relationships with colleagues and student-athletes from various backgrounds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to take direction from Head Coach, but also initiative without being asked.
- CPR & First Aid Certifications up-to-date.
- Collegiate-Level Swimming Career
- Have a background, or be confident in running a Distance training group
- History of success recruiting top-tier Male & Female Swimmers
- Have an understanding of ARMS recruiting/compliance software