Location: Cape Elizabeth, ME, USA
with Coastal Maine Aquatics
Coastal Maine Aquatics (CMA) is seeking passionate and enthusiastic applicants who love the sport of swimming for a full-time salaried Head Coach.
Long-standing club. CMA is a USA Swim Club founded in 1991, and is part of Maine Swimming LSC. CMA is a 501c3 non-proﬁt organization overseen by a Board of Directors. We have a staﬀ of 4 assistant coaches. With more than 90 swimmers throughout the year, ages 5 thru 18, CMA offers programs at 7 different training levels. CMA consistently places among the top teams at Maine Championships.
Commitment to excellence. CMA has many of the top swimmers in the state, with one Junior National qualifier and five Sectional qualifiers currently. CMA has achieved Level 3 Club status. Our team operates year-round out of two indoor 6-lane pools one in Cape Elizabeth (SCY) and one in South Portland (SCM), which are located within 5 miles of each other. We host three meets per year at our SCY pool. Our swimmers are students at the areas top high schools and many go on to swim at the collegiate level. Only one hour away, Colby College is poised to complete a new state of the art 50-meter natatorium by 2020 for use by all levels of Maine swimming competition. CMA has a dedicated, involved and supportive membership base with great potential for future growth.
Outstanding quality of life. Coastal southern Maine is known for its unparalleled quality of life, pristine beaches, spectacular ocean views, lighthouses, family farms and low stress lifestyle. The area is ranked among the most livable regions nationwide, offering an excellent quality of life, access to high quality healthcare, nationally ranked schools and outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities. Portland, Maine’s largest city and just a 10 minute drive, continues to accumulate national “best of” awards, including America’s Best Town in the East by Outside Magazine, a top ten Greenest City by Organic Magazine and America’s Foodiest Small Town by Bon Appetit.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary, on-deck coach of national and senior level training groups, and counsel high school members interested in swimming in college;
• Supervise and develop assistant coaching staﬀ including:
o coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels;
o oversee group placement and advancement of athletes; and
o serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed;
• Oversee all administrative aspects of team activities, including
o meet selection, planning and registration;
o coordination of home/hosted meets;
o practice scheduling for all training groups;
o maintaining team statistics; and
o team promotion locally and within Maine LSC;
• Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-oﬃcio member to:
o develop and administer the team budget;
o create and execute a shared vision for CMA’s growth and success; and
o communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes and parents.
• Actively represent CMA in the Maine LSC and New England Swimming, as well as other state, regional and national organizations, as requested by the Board.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with CMA parents, including parent education and booster activities with the CMA Parents Association.
• 5+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming aﬃliated club;
• ASCA Level 3 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred;
• Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staﬀ;
• All certiﬁcations current and in good standing with USA Swimming;
• Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
• Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through national level;
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect and integrity;
• An obvious love of competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole;
• Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify;
• Legally authorized to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
Compensation: CMA offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation for a highly-qualified candidate may include an annual base salary of $40,000-50,000, plus performance bonus opportunities.
To apply candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to [email protected] All applications will be held in conﬁdence.
Location: 701 Wildcat Boulevard, Rocklin, CA, USA
with Rocklin Mavericks (RMAV)
- Works collaboratively with other coaches.
- Responsible for season planning and goal setting for swimmer development.
- Run dryland workouts 2-3 times per week as needed.
- Attend all meets and weekly/biweekly coach meetings.
- Be knowledgeable to communicate RST and LSC policy and procedures to athletes and parents. Respond to parent inquiries and emails in a timely manner.
- Provide input on weekly team emails.
- Other duties may also be assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- Current USA Coach Certification
- Familiarity with Team Unify
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience as a collegiate swimmer
- History of success of coaching swimmers with different range of athletic ability
- Self-directed with organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Location: Fredericksburg, VA, USA
with Rappahannock Area YMCA Stingrays
Rappahannock Area YMCA Stingrays(RAYS) are seeking enthusiastic coaches to work with our Developmental, Age Group 2, Age Group 1, Junior and Senior Groups.
The mission of the Stingrays is to provide an organized, competitive swimming program for the youth of the Rappahannock area in association with the Rappahannock Area YMCA of Fredericksburg, Virginia. The program encourages and emphasizes good sportsmanship, self-discipline, and achievement of goals, in keeping with the philosophy of the YMCA in developing mind, body and spirit. The Stingrays recognize that swimming is just one part of a young person’s life. Competition is a major, but not exclusive, measurement of success. All Stingrays’ swimmers should have fun.
Accomplishing the Stingrays’ mission requires commitment from all individuals involved with the team. Swimmers are expected to show their commitment by attending practices on a regular basis, by respecting and supporting their teammates on deck and in the water, and by conducting themselves in a responsible manner at all times. Parents are expected to support the team and their swimmers by contributing their time by assisting at Stingrays’ swimming and social events. In turn, the Stingrays will provide high-caliber swimming instruction in an organized, safe, and friendly environment.
- High School Diploma
- Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Desire and passion for the sport of swimming
- Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- Assist or conduct workouts 3-6 days a week
- Workouts are in the evening after school between 4-8pm
- Participation in evening and weekend meets are required.
- Maintain all certification in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Safety Certification: Current CPR, First Aid Certification, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguard Certification.
- Athlete Protection Training (Through USA Swimming)
- Background Check (Through USA Swimming)
- Foundation of Coaching (Through USA Swimming)
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications.
Location: 100 E Normal St, Kirksville, MO 63501, USA
with Truman State University
Truman State University is currently seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the program including recruiting, coaching, and administrative duties. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
• Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
• Help student-athletes grow in sport and life.
• Observes students during practice to encourage good athletic skills and provide guidance for improvements.
• Assists in implementing pre- and post-season conditioning and weight training, as necessary.
• Assists with student-athlete recruiting in accordance to University and NCAA Division II rules.
• Promotes Truman Athletics at various events.
• Assists and/or executes program development, develops strategies for competitions.
• Assist with all aspects of team’s annual fundraiser.
• Help coordinate team travel arrangements.
• Require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1 year college work experience or 3 years of Club/YMCA work experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability to establish and build a good rapport and effective working relationships with student athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, college faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, the community or general public and representatives of local and national affiliations.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with the coaching staff and with a diverse range of swimmers.
• Ability to effectively coach, advise and motivate student-athletes.
• Knowledgeable of University, GLVC, and NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
• Ability to pass recruiting certification within 6 months of employment.
• Ability to recruit high-quality athletes on a local and/or national level.
• Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite software
• Familiarity with team and meet manager software
• CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
• USA Coaches’ Safety Training certifications
• 2 years work experience at the collegiate level.
Truman State University is a highly selective public liberal arts and sciences university and is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC).
Location: York, PA, USA
with York College of Pennsylvania
Full-time (12-month) administrative coaching position available immediately. Oversee and organize all facets of NCAA Division III intercollegiate men’s and women’s swimming programs, including, but not limited to recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes through NCAA approved contact and academic support services; effective in-competition coaching, practice structure, and instruction; meet operations; scheduling; travel supervision; budget control; coordination of all aquatics facility-related maintenance, operation, and programming. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean for Athletics and Recreation.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred; three years of coaching experience in college swimming/intercollegiate athletics and administration.
Location: 800 Fullwood Lane, Matthews, NC, USA
with Covenant Day School
We are looking for both a head and assistant swim coach at Covenant Day School for the Varsity Swim Team.
Covenant Day School is committed to providing comprehensive sport offerings and hiring Christian head and
assistant coaches to serve in the assigned sport and level (Junior Varsity or Varsity) in support of the
mission/vision of Covenant Day School. Coaches are expected to be skilled educators and mentors in their sport
and report to the Athletic Director/Assistant Athletic Director/Head Coach (depending on role). Coaching roles
are seasonal, part-time positions and may be renewable on an annual basis as determined by Athletic Director.
Responsibilities and qualifications desired:
Must be well-versed in all aspects of the sport; playing experience in high school or higher levels desired
Knowledge of the fundamentals of coaching and experience working with high school students required
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Attend all practices and games as scheduled by the athletic director and/or head coach
Responsible for carrying out requests of Athletic Department leadership and for partnering with other
coaches and teams as needed
Serve with the program exhibiting Christian values and testimony to encourage good sportsmanship and
Committed follower of Jesus Christ, reflecting a desire to serve Him and others in work and life
Eager to serve in a Christian learning environment, modeling diligence, perseverance, resilience,
patience, courage, and Christian discipleship
CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to obtain through the school
Follow established protocol in the event of an injury to an athlete
Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height
Other duties as assigned by the varsity coach or athletic administration
Location: 44513-44557 La Paz Rd, Temecula, CA 92592, USA
with Temecula Swim Club (TMEC)
Temecula Tritons Swim Club (TMEC) is seeking experienced coach to work with our 11-12 and 13-18 Pre-Senior groups.
TMEC is focused on motivating, teaching, training and young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming in the belief that this experience will provide “life skills” that will prove to be invaluable assets throughout their swimming career and adult life. We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying foundations necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
• Conduct workouts 5-6 days per week.
• Head Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as communications with parents.
• Work closely with the TMEC staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole.
• Participate in weekend swim meets as required.
• Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at www.usaswimming.org).
USA Swimming requirements: Athlete protection training, Background Check through the USA Swimming background check
Location: The Woodlands, TX, USA
with SwimLabs The Woodlands
SwimLabs is a year-round, indoor swim school for children and adults who are learning to swim, as well as a training facility for competitive swimmers and triathletes. We are looking for self-motivated, energetic, personable individuals to become part of our team. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply.
The ideal candidate has a passion for swimming, stroke technique, and values continuous education. You must enjoy working with swimmers of all ages and abilities, from new swimmers to national level swimmers. You should have a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is very well organized, punctual and has a positive can-do attitude.
Minimum Qualifications (must have 2+ of the following):
- A strong background in swimming- minimum of state qualifying time(s)
- Swimming at the collegiate level
- 5+ years experience coaching swim team
- 4+ years experience on a competitive swim team
- 5+ years experience coaching an adult/teen triathlon team
- Competitive experience in triathlon and/or open water racing
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Results Driven: is motivated to accomplish goals
- Foster Teamwork: creates a positive culture with staff and clients
- Handles Pressure: can complete tasks in a busy environment
- Experience with video analysis: Dartfish Video Analysis Software, Coach’s Eye, etc.
- Some college experience
- Current CPR & First Aid Certifications
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Coaching and instructing triathletes, competitive and elite swimmers of all ages and abilities.
- Utilize and execute a session using “Dartfish Video Analysis” software.
- Participation in swim team days providing instruction & detailed video stroke analysis sessions
- Participation in SwimLabs “Starts & Turns” Clinics – providing in-water guidance on effective racing starts and turns for competitive efficiency
- Maintaining a clean working environment
We are looking for a passionate individual with a love for swimming, working with people of all ages and abilities, loves teaching, and can function in a very busy environment. If this describes you, you might be a perfect fit for our team.
Location: 3333 18th Street, Bettendorf, IA, USA
with Lane Four Aquatics
Lane Four Aquatics is looking for a head coach to oversee the program and operations. L4A is a coach-owned team in Iowa and is looking for a leader who will continue the process of building L4A into a regional power. Quality people, great parent support, stable pool time, and an excellent group of coaches provide a good foundation for growth. This opportunity will provide the correct person the ability to write his or her own story.
The job description below provides a list of details of the position that may be customizable due to skill set and it is not an exhaustive list.
• Responsible for developing our Junior program swimmers to be ready to compete at the Sectional and National level
• Develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to develop new ideas.
• Responsible for writing group practices and working with other coaches on deck to achieve team/group goals.
• Work with senior level swimmers on a daily basis to help aid in a continuous relationship with the swimmers and also develop understanding of proper progressions within the program.
• Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
• Attend meets and provide coaching oversight at meets, including all meets in which L4A hosts.
• Develop and maintain a season plan that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develop innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
• Manage travel trip(s)
• Oversee practice and meet scheduling
• Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
• Responsible for Site Meet Entries
• Provide monthly meetings for Coaching Staff
• Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
• Maintain all certifications and participate in continuous professional development
Salary Range: $35,000 to $50,000 plus benefits
Dependent on Candidate Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years coaching experience, leadership experience preferred
• An impeccable understanding of proper stroke mechanics
• Ability to meet all USA and Iowa Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim)
• Coaches USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
• Experience working with high level Age Group or Senior Athletes
• ASCA Level 2 or higher preferred
• Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
• Extensive experience with Team Unify & Meet Manger programs
• Positive demeanor for forming a partnership with athletes, parents and local high schools.
Location: Stanford, CA, USA
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics - Cardinal Site
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking an Age Group Coach to work with swimmers ages 12 & Younger. PASA – Cardinal is a leading swim program and PASA is a nationally recognized team for competitive swimming excellence.
The Coach will be responsible for approximately 15 – 20 hours of on- deck coaching per week, and will typically attend 1-2 weekend meets per month. Practice runs in the evenings between 3:30 – 7:30 PM. The coach will be responsible for season, weekly and daily planning. This coach will be the Lead Coach for 1-2 competitive groups and will have the option to assist with other groups.
- Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
We offer a competitive compensation based on qualifications. There are numerous additional coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates. Our pools are located in Palo Alto & on the Stanford University Campus.
To find out more about the program at PASA – Cardinal, please visit pasacardinal.com.
Location: Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
with Williams College
Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming
Williams College, a Division III Institution and a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach of the nationally ranked Men’s and Women’s swimming programs. This is a 6 month position.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Coach in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to player development, on deck coaching, assistance with seasonal and workout planning, assistance with dry-land training, recruiting, travel logistics, administrative as well as meet management responsibilities.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree and past swimming/coaching experience required
- Successful candidates will be self motivated and possess the ability to teach and coach highly talented student-athletes in a challenging academic environment
- Knowledge and commitment to NCAA and NESCAC rules. Effective communication skills are required.
For optimal consideration please submit cover letter and resume by June 4, 2018, review of resumes will continue until filled. Job Group 3-C.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution, offering undergraduate education to its 2,000 students. The College has built its reputation on a long tradition of outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Among the opportunities that Williams offers its students and approximately 260 faculty members are interdisciplinary programs and centers, including the Multicultural Center, the Oakley Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences, and the Center for Environmental Studies as well as extensive library and museum collections, expanding theatre and dance facilities, a center for information technology, well-equipped laboratories, and a broad-based athletics program. See also Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.
Location: 9420 College Park Drive, Ste 130 The Woodlands, TX 77384
with SwimLabs The Woodlands
Do you love kids and love to swim? If so, SwimLabs Swim School has a job for you! We are a new swim school in the area, and we are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. We teach lessons to all ages and abilities in a unique environment of warm-water pools using visual feedback. Please visit our website for more details, www.swimlabs.com/thewoodlands.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Love of children and desire to teach
- Previous swimming experience, such as teaching swim lessons, coaching swim team, or swimming on a team
- Desire and ability to teach all ages and abilities
- CPR and First Aid certifications
- Great customer service skills
- Efficient class management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Willingness to learn and execute the SwimLabs Swim School teaching method
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work a consistent weekly schedule
Job Duties (all new employees will be trained):
- Teaching lessons to all ages and abilities, including group and private lessons, and may include competitive lessons, depending on skill level and previous experience
- Using Dartfish video analysis software
- Teaching the SwimLabs progression
- Moderate maintenance work on pools and facility
- Communicate regularly with children and adults
The ideal candidate has a welcoming, bright personality, professional appearance, is very well organized, punctual and with a positive can-do attitude. You should be forward-thinking, have common sense, and most importantly – be dependable. We will rely on YOU to help run our business so dependability is a must!
with Sports Lab Pte Ltd
b. Plan and implement the Company’s pedagogy, promote philosophy/culture of the Company and ensure all junior coaches are aligned to the vision and mission of the Company.
Location: Chester, PA, USA
with WIDENER UNIVERSITY MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SWIMMING
Widener University’s Department of Athletics is currently seeking a graduate assistant coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming program. Widener is an NCAA Division III institution and competes in the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC).
Assistant Coach duties will include; adherence to all MAC, NCAA and University guidelines, assist planning and implementation team practice sessions and meets; instructing team members in strategies and techniques; communicating with student-athletes on academic, individual, and team goals; recruiting potential student-athletes; attending high school and club events and meets; and other assignments as required.
Experience coaching at the college, high school and/or club level is preferred.
Required qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, a valid driver’s license, and CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certification.
Widener is a metropolitan university that connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention, and experiential learning are key components of the Widener experience. The university’s robust diversity agenda embodies the values of access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation, and leadership.
Location: Portland, OR, USA
arena is currently hiring a Team Marketing Liaison position in the Pacific Northwest territory.
This position is responsible for managing arena’s team relationships and assisting in the management of arena’s sports marketing activities in the region.
Candidates must live in the territory to qualify. To apply, please send your resume to [email protected].