Location: Winter Park, FL, USA
with Rollins College
The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Rollins College. Primary responsibilities include recruiting, fundraising, sport instruction, administrative duties, budget management and equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s preferred
- Participation and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Valid driver license and acceptable MVR, as well as ability to achieve certification to drive student-athletes to team athletic events
- Proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes both academically and athletically
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Compliance Assistant, FrontRush, HyTek Team Manager and HyTek Meet Manager
- Ability to work effectively in an academically demanding liberal arts environment and abide by NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and institutional policies
- Leadership experience in the management of a successful collegiate swimming program
- Strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching
- Lifeguard/CPR/AED certification preferred
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida, a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Location: Roanoke, VA, USA
with Carter Center Aquatics
The Carter Center Aquatics Swim Team (CCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke valley, VA, is seeking applicants for a full-time position of a Head-coach/Aquatics director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities and Expectations include but not limited to:
- Manage marketing and communication of program to ensure transparency with swimmers, parents and other interested parties
- Oversee day to day aquatics activities, including pool water quality monitoring, safety and cleanliness of facilities, pool.
- Recruit, retain and develop swimmers at all levels according to USA Swimming guidelines and best practices
- Manage and develop coaching staff to ensure optimal personal development of coaches and swimmers
- Oversee all financial aspects of program, including annual budget and reporting, fundraising and program financial model to ensure optimal profitability
- Develop and manage swim program, including coaching practices and techniques to create environment to ensure swimmers meet or exceed mutually established goals
- Identify and champion participation in key regional, state and other USA certified swim meets
- Strong knowledge with a certification of ASCA Level 3 Minimum required, implementation and ability to oversee all dry land program
- College degree “Bachelor’s degree preferred”
- Attending all staff meetings as required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of swimmer abilities and ages.
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers of all ages and have had experience coaching senior (high school aged) swimmers. The candidate must display a strong knowledge of current stroke techniques and is energetic and active on deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity and possess good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a supervisor/Head Coach who have a passion to coach and teach our swimmers!
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 5 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
We will continue to accept resumes until May 10th.
Please send a resume, cover letter, 3 references, and salary rate requests to Interim Head Coach Amina Serir ([email protected]) or call with questions at (540)761-9488.
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS, USA
with Kansas City Blazers
The Kansas City Blazers are seeking a full time Assistant Senior Coach. This is a great opportunity athletically and administratively. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach with overseeing our top training group, and various team administrative duties including, but not limited to, meet entries, equipment outfitting, travel planning and meet administration. The successful candidate will have high level swimming experience as a coach or athlete, and at least 3 years coaching experience. Bachelor’s degree required, experience with swimming software (Hy-Tek, Team Unify) and an interest and aptitude in technology preferred.
Location: Temple Street, Singapore
with United World College South East Asia
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme
- Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Coach / teach for 1 week at the start and end of the three major vacations
- Assist Head Coach with Senior/National Squads when necessary
- Be willing to coach between week 2-6 weeks in the summer holiday programme
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Sports or relevant fields
- Preferably FINA Level 2 Coach or UKCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent
- Minimum 2 years swim coaching experience
- Certified First Aider
- Computer literate and familiar with gmail and google platforms (Familiar with Systems: Team Manager & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
- Provide a minimum of 6 months of previous squad planning.At least one meso-cycle but a full macro cycle is preferred
Location: 2090 Village Center Circle, Las Vegas, NV, USA
with SafeSplash Swim School
SafeSplash Swim School is now hiring swim instructors for our North Las Vegas and Summerlin locations!
SafeSplash is a year-round swim school, teaching kids from ages 6 months and older! We located in four 24 Hour Fitness gyms throughout Las Vegas and we are rapidly expanding! All of our locations operate year-round in heated indoor pools. If you are a fun, exciting person, who loves to work with kids, come and join the largest network of swim schools in the US!
Growth – We promote only within our ranks, but we are growing so quickly that Supervisor and Management positions are opening up!
Team Atmosphere – The SafeSplash culture is built on fun and safety. Our staff exemplifies what it means to do a great job and have fun doing it.
Flexibility – Our schedules work well with students and parents, who need to balance school and home life! Our lessons occur weekday afternoons and weekends!
Competitive wages – Our pay rate is $12 – $15 an hour based on experience! We love to reward teamwork and great lessons! Some knowledge of all four strokes is expected.
Swim Instructor/Competitive experience is not needed but preferred. We are willing to train the right personality that meshes well with our team! CPR/AED Certification is required within 90 days of hire and can be obtained through our internal instructors. Must be 18 or older.
If you have no experience we have a few non-paid internship opportunities available for the right person to learn a new skill. All of our prior interns received a job upon completion of their training. If interested, please email resume.
A cover letter about why you would be a good fit is appreciated. Applicants must be able to work Tues/Wed/Thurs afternoon/evenings and Sat/Sun mornings/afternoons. We are hiring for someone to work these days (and potentially more if desired).
Visit www.safesplash.com to learn more.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Location: 219 West Mariposa Avenue, El Segundo, CA, USA
with City of El Segundo
This position will be open on a continuous basis, and can close at any time. Applications will be reviewed periodically. Online applications only will be accepted. This is a part-time, at-will position exempt from the classified service.
An aquatics test will be administered by the Aquatics Department and is part of the interview process.
Under supervision, the Recreation Leader III is required to perform the following essential job duties:
Essential Job Functions
Provide all levels of instruction to individuals of all ages (Swim Instructor).
Requires a current American Red Cross or equivalent certification in Lifeguard Training & First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for the Professional Rescuer.
Location: 1306 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables, FL, USA
with Hurricane Aquagtics
3/4 Time Assistant Coach
Hurricane Aquatics (CANES) is a year round competitive swim program founded in 2014 that is growing steadily. Comprised of 90+ competitive swimmers and 200+ pre-competitive swimmers. The team ranges in age and ability from novice through post graduate/international competitors and we offer a masters/triathlon group. We are located in Coral Gables, FL and train at the University of Miami.
Reports to the Head Coach
30-35 hours per week plus one meet per month
Practices are in the afternoon/evening during the week and Saturday morning (we train in the morning during the summer)
Previous competitive swimming and / or coaching experience is highly preferred
Rate of pay is a bi-weekly hourly that is based on experience and qualifications
Certifications current or able to acquire upon hiring:
CPR. First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training, and a membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training, a background check through USA Swimming
Foundations of Coaching
- Coach a group of 10 and under competitive swimmers daily
- Assist with Senior group on a weekly basis as needed
- Coach group of advanced pre-competitive swimmers daily
- Coach Masters workouts 2-3 days per week
- Working knowledge/application of stroke technique and swimmer development
Office tasks related to meet entries, season planning and communication with parents
Preferred start: Between May 15th and August, but no later than August 15, 2018
Location: 3470 South Houston Levee Road, Collierville, TN, USA
with Life Time Fitness
- Attends swim meets and represents the Life Time team and coaches positively.
- Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services.
- Continually increases their knowledge of Life Time’s products, services, policies and procedures.
- Promotes all Life Time programs, products and services.
- Ensures use of supplies follow the amount prearranged by the department budget.
- Treats all equipment with care.
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Mission and Vision statements.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- One year swim coaching experience
- Swim lesson instruction experience (preferred)
- One year customer service (preferred)
Language Ability- Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Reasoning Ability- Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We have been retained by one of our clients, who are currently looking to hire a “Chief Swim Coach”for their performance centers in India. As a high performance Chief Swim Coach following will be the roles & responsibilities:
-Develop the overall swimming development strategy.
-Lead technical development aspects of the overall program.
-Creating long, medium and short term objectives with regards to developing swimming capabilities of all trainees at the centers.
-Providing assistance in monitoring and recruiting young swimmers for the development programs.
-Enhancement of education and continues professional development of coaches at the centers.
-Work closely with various stakeholders to help further the swimming ecosystem in the country.
Ultimately, contribute in taking young indian swimmers to the world stage via sustained long term vision.
Location: The position could be based at (INDIA) – Kolkatta or Mumbai or New Delhi or Chennai. The final location with in India can be mutually agreed.
Remuneration will be as per global market standards, which will accommodate for an expats life in India.
with Singapore Swimming Association
A. PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Report to the Vice President (Artistic Swimming) and responsible in supporting the Executive Director. To ensure, that within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the head coach is responsible for the overall high performance organisation and management of the Singapore National Artistic Swimming Team, including development of the athlete and coaching pathways.
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
Work closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including Sport SG, affiliates, other national federations and sponsors to ensure alignment.
2. Logistical Organisation
Work with the Artistic Swimming Sports Manager to develop and implement plans to meet the expected needs of the athletes, coaches , officials and support staff before and during the tour. This includes booking of flights, accommodation, entries for meets, provision of meals and transportation. Ensuring team Singapore meets the technical guidelines provided by organisers.
3. Technical Responsibilities
Overall in charge of the high performance programs of the elite, development and talent ID national Artistic Swimming squads.
Development of Multi Year sports plan (2018 to 2022), that includes a regenerative pipeline for a national Artistic Swimming program that brings our artistic swimmers to Olympic qualification levels.
To train local coaches with the ability to coach Learn-to-artistic swimming programs that prepares artistic swimmers to get into our national team program.
Work closely with the Artistic Swimming sport manager to develop and implement plans for Coaches Education/Development for local coaches.
Work closely with the Singapore Sports Institute Scientist Support Group on high performance plan to provide sports science and medicine support for national athletes.
Visit local Artistic Swimming clubs to study how they operate at a coaching level and develop coaching strategies and athlete development pathways that will help the clubs increase their pipelines and improve from the developmental to the high performance level.
Creating a well rounded lesson program supporting all levels of artistic swimmers. To build a skills progression program that supports each artistic swimmer regardless of level.
4. Team Communication
Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
5. Team Budget
To prepare and implement the national high performance team budget.
Follow up all incidents and report to VP (Artistic Swimming) on final outcomes.
Coach reports for overseas trips
Database of athlete performance and progressive updates on individual artistic swimer’s performance and training plans
C. JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
Possess relevant Artistic Swimming coaching certifications
Experienced in coaching artistic swimmers successfully at major international meets.
Demonstrates a clear understanding of the issues relating to managing a major national team at an international meet.
Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
Experienced in dealing with international and national media and press conferences.
Demonstrates technical knowledge of Artistic Swimming to enable understanding of specific Artistic Swimming administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and other officials.
Has the interpersonal skills and technical expertise to provide an effective link between team members and Championship officials and technical committees.
Experienced in coaching swimmer successfully at major international meets.
Experienced developing season plans and working with Sports Scientist.
Experienced in mentoring coaches.
Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct team/staff members where relevant.
Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
Ability to work on weekends.
Ability to travel overseas.
Location: 1000 North Main Street, Findlay, OH, USA
with University of Findlay
The Graduate Assistant Position will be a part time position, allotting 20 hours per week and 12 graduate credit hours for the 2018-2019 academic year, while following University protocol for Graduate Assistantships. This position is specifically targeted at obtaining a Diving Coach.
The oversight of over fifty student-athletes is a difficult task, and assistance is necessary for the development as an individual student-athlete. The Graduate Assistant will play an integral supporting role. This is the purpose of the request, to enhance student-athletes experience inside the classroom and on the playing field. The University will gain an employee who works directly for the betterment of students through the help of athletics. This will assist with the University mission to promote students to become whole-persons. The duties and responsibilities for the Graduate Assistant position includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with daily operations of swimming and diving program
- Plan, organize, and conduct Diving practice
- Assist with coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
- Assist with equipment and clothing distribution and collection pre and post season
- Assist with recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
- Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with University, GMAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Pass NCAA recruiting test
- Aid in the development of monitoring academic progress
- Assign study tables for team members struggling academically
- Assist with Camps/Clinics/Lessons and other programing developed and organized by UF Head Coach
These duties and responsibilities, as well as other assigned duties, will be instrumental in allowing the Head Coach, as well as the Assistant Coach/Aquatics Director perform their role.
The student who is hired for this position will also gain invaluable experience coaching student-athletes on the UF Swimming and Diving team. It will provide an opportunity to display leadership, organization, and communication skills that can be used in their future profession. The Graduate Assistant will also grow, develop and benefit from studying in a graduate program at The University of Findlay. This will provide an opportunity to thrive in multiple roles at the University. The University, coaching staff, and student-athletes will also benefit from the knowledge provided by the graduate assistant in the operation of the Swimming and Diving Program.
The Graduate Assistant will receive periodic evaluation throughout the academic year. These evaluations will consist of assisting the head coach in daily assigned responsibilities, the manner in which the G.A. has benefitted the student-athletes and improvements that can be made/have been made since the last evaluation. The Graduate Assistant will receive a written and oral evaluation on the aforementioned duties following the winter and spring terms.
Location: 601 Garretson Road, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
with Somerset Valley YMCA
Somerset Valley YMCA’s swim team, 2017 LC YMCA National Champions and 2018 SC NJYMCA State Champions, is currently seeking a dedicated swim coach for our Senior 1 practice group of 15-18 year old athletes. We are looking for an individual who shares our commitment in strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals, and expand their overall potential in a safe and supportive environment.
The Senior 1 practice group has qualified multiple athletes for YMCA National Championships in each of the past six seasons. The growth of the Senior 1 practice group has been vital to the success of the 15-18 Senior program at SVY. The Senior 1 lead coach also serves as a YMCA National Team Assistant Coach, and will assist in coaching all athletes in the 13/Over program.
Benefits of working for the Somerset County YMCA include working in a diverse and inclusive environment, a supportive community, and a free membership to encourage a healthy spirit, mind, and body.
- Motivates and develops individual team members
- In charge of all aspects of group season planning and individual goal setting
- Assists in year-round competitions in both YMCA and USA sanctioned swimming events
- Effectively communicates team information to Swim Team and parents
- Must possess ASCA level 1 or higher
- Must have ARC Swim Coach Safety Training, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- LGI, WSI and CPO Licenses are a plus
HOURS: Mon – Fri (Tue off) 4-6:30p or 6:00-9:00p, Sat 11a-2p, Sun 7-9a, meet weekends as needed
Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
with University of Virginia
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to
academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is
looking to fill the position of Volunteer Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Volunteer Coach will assist the coaching staff with the day-to- day functions of practices,
assist with on-campus recruiting visits, and perform other administrative work, as needed. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn the
operations of a Division I program with the eventual goal of becoming a college coach.
To apply, email your credentials to the Head Coach of the Swimming and Diving program,
Todd DeSorbo, at [email protected]
Location: 79 Maple Street, Summit, NJ, USA
with The Connection
The Connection in Summit, NJ, known for its excellent aquatic programs is looking for a full time director who is passionate about Aquatics and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- The Aquatics Director plans and manages all aspects of instructional, recreational, and pre-competitive programs.
- Responsibilities also include pool facility operations and maintenance.
- The Director hires, trains and supervises a staff of 50.
- The position reports to the Senior Director and includes teaching/coaching/guarding as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Applicants should have four years of experience in lifeguarding/coaching/swim instruction including aquatics supervision/management with two years of customer service experience.
- Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate required and Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) preferred.
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT) are also preferred and will be required within one year of employment.
- Competitive compensation offered.
- Membership discounts offered to staff and their families including access to fitness facility and pool as well as adult and children’s classes.
Location: 216 Nsu Acadia Drive, Thibodaux, LA, USA
with Crawfish Aquatics
Crawfish Aquatics, Louisiana’s Total Swim Program based in Baton Rouge with satellite locations in Lafayette and Thibodaux on the campus of Nicholls State University, is looking to fill the full-time position of Senior Coach in Thibodaux. The position is salaried and a benefits package is provided.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a contagious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming, a commitment to growing the team through selfless service, and a strong desire to grow and learn professionally. Previous coaching experience and a bachelor’s degree is required. Previous competitive swimming experiences are valued. Demonstrates strong communication skills and administrative skills. The position requires proficiency with several computer systems including Windows, knowledge of Team Unify systems, Hytek Systems, and an ability to learn all other necessary software systems. Candidates must have current certifications through USA Swimming or be willing to achieve certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training. Candidates must pass a background check.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Coaching Crawfish Aquatics senior swimmers or age group swimmers depending on preference and experience, managing the facility including the day to day operations, maintenance, supporting all meets, maintaining office hours, communicating with parents, participating in staff projects, planning, supporting all team activities and assisting with our Swimming Lessons program. The position will report directly to the COO.