Location: 5602 Naaman Forest Boulevard, Garland, TX, USA
with Life Time Fitness - Garland, TX
Location: Tiffin University
with Tiffin University
|Tiffin University is accepting resumes for the position of head swimming and diving coach.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the operation and administration of the program in accordance with the policies, procedures and by-laws of Tiffin University, the athletic department, and NCAA Division II.
Duties consist of recruiting, budget development and fiscal management, practice planning, scheduling, travel arrangements, fund raising and promotion of the team with alumni, the campus and community.
Tiffin University is an equal opportunity employer.
|Bachelor’s Degree required. Successful coaching experience must be demonstrated. Submit a letter of application, resume, and three references to: Lonny Allen, Athletic Director, Tiffin University at [email protected].|
Location: Arlington Heights, IL, USA
with Alligator Aquatics
Alligator Aquatics seeking to hire – Head Age Group Coach
Objective: To lead, enhance and grow the Alligator Age Group program.
Primary Responsibilities: *Oversee all aspects of the Age Group program (ages 6-12). including planning, designing and implementing practices, dry land and meets for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue groups. *Coach the Blue group directly. *Attend all meets, training and workout sessions that the Blue group participates in, and 60% of the sessions that the Gold, Silver and Green groups swims in. *Work closely and cohesively with our assistant coaches for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue Groups. *Expectation to work 15 – 18 hours weekly (practice, meets and weekly admin work). Also help coach our Masters group.
Required – 2 years coaching experience, must be a certified USA swimming coach and enthusiastic with kids. Continuing education is expected. Lifeguard certified helpful
This position is salaried. We pride ourselves on paying our employees well and commensurate with experience.
Location: Lawrence, IN, USA
with Lawrence Swim Team
The Lawrence Swim Team, located on the northeast side of Indianapolis, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and knowledgeable individual to be the Head Coach starting immediately. The Head Coach will have a position on the 7 member board of directors.
The mission of the Lawrence Swim Team is to provide the community of Lawrence Township a competitive and instructional swimming program in an environment that will foster an atmosphere of sportsmanship, character, and achievement through hard work and goal setting.
Lawrence Swim Team has a Facility Use Agreement with Lawrence Township allowing access to the Lawrence North Pool (14 lanes, 25 yards wide with bulkhead) and Lawrence Central Pool (6 lanes, 25 yards) when not in use by the schools.
The qualified candidate will have extensive experience designing annual training programs for training groups of all ages. Such programs should include (for all strokes) development of technique, endurance, speed and power; dry land training to supplement in water training; tapering strategies prior to championship seasons; and understanding of training intensity cycles. The qualified candidate will have experience educating age group coaches on implementation of the above, and will insure the continued growth and development of all members of the coaching staff.
All potential candidates must meet USA Swimming and Indiana Swimming coaching requirements and have previous head coaching experience. Those requirements include:
CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited to the Following:
* Manage day to day club business.
* Planning, scheduling and conducting practices in coordination with other assistant coaches and other programs that use the facilities.
* Maintain effective relationships with Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township (MSDLT) swim coaches, parents, and athletes via individual conferences and periodic group meetings.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with the club board by openly discussing parental concerns providing input to strategic planning and policy making, and presenting ideas and opportunities for club improvement through USA Swimming’s recognition program.
* Develop the overall coaching philosophy and direction of the club to ensure that the tradition of excellence and the type of student-athlete-citizen that the LST has produced will continue.
* Maintain a close affiliation with various swimming associations such as Indiana Swimming, USA Swimming, ASCA, NISCA, and IHSSCA to foster a positive working relationship, to ensure the club is informed of upcoming events, to solicit support and for personal development.
* Supervision of Lawrence Swim Team athletes at practices, meets, and travel (if applicable).
* Attendance at regularly scheduled board meetings, coaches meetings, practices, and meets.
* Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Software and Team Unify Website Design is required.
* A coaching position with any of the Lawrence Township swim teams, including assistant coach and head coach, may be available.
Lawrence Swim Team, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Team: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Job Title: Head Age Group Coach
Job Description: With guidance from BAAC’s Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will design and conduct the training program for the team’s Novice and Advanced groups.
Novice Group: This group is designed to be an introduction to the sport where athletes learn the legal strokes, good practice habits, and how to be a great teammate. Typically, this group consists of swimmers ranging 6-10 years old, but it is not limited to those ages. This group currently practices 4 days per week at 1 hour per practice.
Advanced: This group is designed for goal-oriented age group swimmers who have shown a level of skill and dedication to the sport that would have them seeking a higher level of performance each and every day. Currently, this group consists of swimmers ranging 10-14 years old. Amongst them are Team Record Holders, LSC Championship Finalists, Zones Finalists, and more. This group currently practices 6 days per week at 2 hours per practice.
From a group progression and swimmer development standpoint, the Novice and Advanced groups are separated by the team’s Age Group. Swimmers progressing from the team’s Advanced group will move into the Senior training program.
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Head Age Group Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills based practices for the their training groups.
– Work with and mentor the other age group coaches and assist, as needed, them and their training groups.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– 4+ years of coaching experience of high level age group or senior swimmers.
– ASCA level 2 or higher preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in athletic field.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Team Description: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club trains in an Olympic-sized pool in the Alumni Arena, which is located on the University at Buffalo’s Northern Campus in Buffalo, NY. The program has doubled in sized over the past year. Signs point to continued growth, and BAAC wants to add a 2nd full-time, progressive, and goal-oriented coach that will provide BAAC a competitive edge in the region while continuing to give our swimmers excellent opportunities for advancement.
Prior to the 2017 SC season, BAAC has won the Small Teams Division at Niagara’s LSC Championships (both SC and LC) for 4 years in a row. We did not win in the 2017 SC season as we’ve grown too large to be considered a small team, which we’re very proud of. Our goal is continued growth and progress amongst our swimmers and our program.
Buffalo, affectionately referred to as The City of Good Neighbors, is shedding its Rust Belt image and is home to a new waterfront, great restaurants (not even counting the wings), and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll rarely commute for more than 20 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. There is potential for bonuses and medical insurance allowance. Job related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.
Location: 333 Nahanton Street, Newton Centre, MA, USA
with Karishim Aquatics Swim Club
*****This position has been filled******
Karishim Aquatics Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA (greater Boston area), is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement.
KASC swimmers have experienced steady improvement over the past ten years in both the highly competitive New England USA Swimming league and the less competitive JCC league. Our 130 athletes experience competitive success and personal, emotional growth because our coaching staff believes that prioritizing team building and growth mindset makes the happiest (and fastest) athletes.
- Plan, schedule and lead group practices which incorporate the USRPT training method
- Coach at both USA and JCC swim meets
- Leads all coach’s meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
- Supervise assistant coaches
- Manage assistant coaches schedules and their professional development
- Maintain excellent relationship with parents
- Swim meet organization and coaching
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs
- Involved in coordinating parent volunteers, team photos, socials, board meetings and season ending banquets
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Responds to all parent and swimmer inquiries and complaints in timely manner
- Leads staff meetings and/or related meetings
- Maintains order and safety in swimming areas
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
Applicant Coaches must:
- be USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- be excited to incorporate the USRPT training method into their daily practices
- be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE people who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
- demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education, in the sport of swimming and coaching
- have prior competing and/or coaching experience in swimming or any sport
- be knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
Applicant Coaches may (but not must):
- be ASCA certified
Location: 10 North River Road, Mount Clemens, MI, USA
with Macomb Marlins - YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for general administration of the competitive swim program as assigned by YMCA branch leadership. Individual will be responsible with ensuring the delivery of high quality programs and highly motivated staff as well as meeting standards set forth by the YMCA of Metro Detroit.
- Lead the Macomb YMCA Marlins swim team in accordance with YMCA’s highest standards of quality and safety.
- Work with branch executive director and aquatic manager to ensure program structure meets the needs of community and strategic goals for YMCA aquatics programming.
- Develops a team of staff which will continue to promote the YMCA Mission and Character Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Recruit and evaluate all staff and coaches in conjunction with Executive Director and/or Aquatic Manager.
- Ensure that all coaches maintain all necessary certifications.
- Recommend opportunities for coaches to broaden skills at coach’s clinics to keep our team on the cutting edge in competitive swimming
- In conjunction with coaches, plans positive goal setting strategies for all swimmers.
- Maintains positive, professional communications and interactions with the Macomb Y Marlins Parent Group.
- Meet with branch leadership as needed.
- Perform other appropriate duties integral to the success of the competitive swim program.
- Work with branch leadership to input activities, maintain and run rosters.
- Work with branch leadership to prepare program promotional materials that meet brand guidelines.
- In conjunction with parent volunteer, manage the “Team Unify” website and data base.
- Support team communications including program information, practice schedules information, etc.
- Ensure that all employees are trained in and following DayForce time and attendance policies.
- In conjunction with the Aquatics Manager, assist in scheduling of lifeguards for off-site swim team programming
- Work within assigned budget guidelines from supervisor.
- Work with manager to schedule and monitor staff hours using DayForce, meeting all payroll deadlines.
- Review financial reports with supervisor as needed
- Support in reporting team financial performance to parent volunteers
- Participate in branch annual campaign activities.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and USA Swimming and YMCA swimming rules.
- Current certification in ARC / YMCA / Ellis Lifeguard Certification / CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent, and First Aid, including Oxygen Administration.
- YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving (within 30 days of start).
- Minimum of 4 years of personal competitive swimming experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of swim team coaching experience.
- Computer experience with Word, Excel and Team Unify programs.
- Skills in organizational management, staff and volunteer leadership, human relations and team building. Must be able to use good judgment and problem solving skills in daily strategic and emergency situations.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Maintain the physical requirements necessary to maintain certification in Ellis Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and Oxygen Administration.
Incumbent must be friendly, enthusiastic, and a genuine representative of the Macomb Family YMCA Marlins Swim Team. Must be able to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate and remember. Must be able to make and/or assist in hiring decisions of the coaching staff and work with YMCA branch leadership.
The YMCA of Metro Detroit reserves the right to change this job description as conditions change. I have read and understand this job description and agree to perform the responsibilities as written.
Location: 19133 David Memorial Drive, Shenandoah, TX, USA
with THe Woodlands Swim Team
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
with Chatham University
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of ’29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places “contributing to Pittsburgh’s transformation into a destination for green living.”
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world’s first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for a Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Athletics Director.
The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Chatham University Swimming and Diving Program which is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Presidents’ Athletics Conference (PAC). This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a competitive program with full rosters for the women and men’s swim and dive programs.
- Successfully recruit both regionally and nationally both developing a recruiting plan in conjunction with the University Admission’s department.
- Oversee the appointments and supervision of the assistant coaches and support staff for the swim program.
- Oversee budget and resource management for the swimming and diving program.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Athletics, other coaches and staff to support and achieve overall goals established by the athletics department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Athletics Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years of full time coaching experience in the college level, computer proficiency and valid driver’s license.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University seeks hire an Assistant Coach, Swimming and Diving, to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching the team which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the Linsey Pool.
Examples of Responsibilities:
Coach student-athletes in daily practices and at home and away contests. Assist with the student-athlete recruitment effort as needed. Manage operation of the Linsey Pool as part of other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; previous coaching experience preferred; valid driver’s license required, must be qualified to be insured by Brandeis University. Background check required.
First aid, CPR and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certifications and swim coaching experience. Administers the daily operation of the Linsey pool including scheduling its use, training, supervising and scheduling lifeguards, and serving as liaison to Facilities Services to assure the pool is fully functional at all times. Serves as aquatics director and maintains certification as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
Internal Number: 527097
About Brandeis University
Brandeis University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.