Location: 609 Medical Center Drive, Decatur, TX, USA
with Fit N Wise/Wise Health System
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: (but are not limited to)
- Provide a friendly, inviting, and competitive experience in an environment that will enhance the quality of life, physical and emotional well-being for individuals, families and employees through the swim team experience.
- Teach proper stroke fundamentals to team members while examining individual fitness needs and goals.
- Train and help educate the coaching assistants for swim team practice.
- Design/organize swim team practice schedules and additional swim team functions.
- Attend all swim meets and provide positive, constructive communication with team members and parents.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and have a motivational personality that enjoys working with children and adults of all ages.
- Will handle daily swim team functions, monthly billing, swim meet scheduling, workouts, organization of swim meets, parent volunteers as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Will conduct other duties as assigned by aquatics manager.
- Reports to FNW Aquatics Manager
Qualifications to be determined by the Manager:
- 1) Degree or equivalent experience in PE, Fitness, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, coaching children, youth or adult swimmers.
- 2) Knowledge and ability to demonstrate all swimming strokes (Fly, Back, Breast, Free)
- 1) ASCA II certification or ability to achieve certification within 30 days of hire.
- 2) USA Swim Coach qualified or ability to obtain USA Swim Coach Qualification (including all USA requirements within 30 days of hire.
- 3) CPR
- 4) Competitive swimming experience preferred
- 5) Lifeguard Certification
New Hires will have 60 days to acquire the required Basic Life Support (CPR, ACLS, PALS, BLS, and/or any other life support certifications required for the job).
OSHA TASK CATEGORY THREE:
- There is no anticipated risk of exposure to mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashed during the performance of the job.
- Universal precautions must be observed and protective devices worn by the employee when performing a task that is likely to cause exposure.
Employment standards include current requirements as determined by Federal, State, and Wise Health System policy.
- Non-Exempt Hourly
Location: 6705 Fortuna Road Northwest, Albuquerque, NM, USA
with Duke City Aquatics Inc
- Follow curriculum (Olympic Strokes or Olympic Development) set forth by Duke City Aquatics.
- Prepare and teach advanced techniques to 13 & under athletes.
- Provide training in a safe, fun, learning environment: usually Monday thru Friday 4:30 – 6:00 PM.
- Present self professionally at all times while on deck.
- Submit monthly report on attendance, performance and goal tracking.
- Potential to also work with Master/Tri-Athlete swimmers, not required.
Location: Memphis, TN, USA
with Memphis Thunder Aquatic Club
Location: 3 Westchester Plaza, Elmsford, NY, USA
with SwimLabs Westchester
SwimLabs is now in New York Metro! We have 6 Olympic Training Center Quality Flumes in our SwimLabs facility in Westchester, NY and focus on underwater video analysis and fun learn to swim for people of all ages and skill levels.
If you are a certified lifeguard, a swim instructor or head coach or are looking to get into swim instruction then please apply. Coaches of all levels will love what our facility brings to them and their ability to teach with cutting edge-high tech equipment.
We are hiring for Full Time or Part Time positions.
Looking forward to reviewing your background.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for these positions.
Location: 2851 Route 370, Cato, NY, USA
with Cato-Meridian Rec Center
The Cato Rec Center is currently hiring a head coach for our swim team for the 2018-2019 season. A USA swim coaching certification is not required at the time of hire, but will have to be obtained prior to the start of the swim season.
Location: Boston, MA, USA
with Charles River Aquatics
Are you someone who is passionate, motivated, hardworking and loves working with children?!
Charles River Aquatics is perfect for you! We are looking someone who can provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swimming classes. Someone who can build effective, authentic relationships with students and parents.
We also take pride in our ability to develop life skills through swimming. Our staff believes that self development is as important as stroke development. We aim to help every one of our swimmers, children and adults alike, to take on challenges and grow.
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet skill objectives.
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Set up for pool lessons and clean up after lessons are completed.
- Communicate and enforce class and pool rules in a personable and age-appropriate manner.
- Provide consistency in instruction by working each assigned shift.
- Knowledge of swimming strokes and technique.
- Ability to show proficient swimming capability of the four strokes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision.
- Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid to be obtained within 8 weeks of start date
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent organizational, team, and communication skills.
- Minimum age 16 years old
We offer lesson 7 days week. We have availability weekdays in the afternoons 2:30pm-5:15, or Sundays 8:15am-4pm.
This job is part-time and pay will be $17 an hour.
Location: 7911 Pioneers Blvd, Lincoln, NE, USA
with Swimtastic Swim School
Our Swim Instructors are the most important and valued part of our business. As a swim instructor, you will have the opportunity to teach both swimming and social skills that students will carry with them for the rest of their lives…there is no job more rewarding!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- The main focus of our swim instructors is to teach swimming skills in accordance to Swimtastic® curriculum in a fun, positive manor
- Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts
- Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement, and introduction of required skills
- Ensure swimmer safety
- Maintain proper equipment and time organization to ensure timely class start times
- Provide Deck Supervisor with class information
- Provide parents with monthly, individualized feedback on swimmers after every lesson
- Required to maintain proper Swimtastic® uniform standards outlined in employee handbook
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous swim instruction experience is preferred
- Current CPR is required within 90 days of hire
- Training in the Swimtastic® curriculum will be provided
Location: Southridge High School, South Main Street, Huntingburg, IN, USA
with SOUTHRIDGE AQUATIC RAIDER GATORS "SARG"
*********************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****************************
Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators (SARG) is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for the Head Coach position with our well-established club. The Head Coach will work with swimmers, parents, and assistants to continue to build upon our tradition of over 20 years of swimming excellence in the Southern Indiana region. We offer all phases of swimming from: Lessons, Age Group with competition levels in USA Swimming as well as a Masters program.
Starting date: ASAP
Hours: Approximately 15 – 20 hours pool-side during the Short and Long Course seasons. Additional hours for administrative work and weekend meets are also expected. This is a Year Round program.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
Developing a daily, weekly, and seasonal training program for all age groups.
Providing individual training feedback to swimmers on stroke technique, starts, turns, meet preparation, etc.
Planning a meet schedule that best fits the needs of the swimmers.
Attending all practices, meets, and functions that SARG is involved in.
Supervising assistant coaches and delegating tasks, as necessary.
Staying up to date on latest procedures and requirements of USA Swimming, as well as the latest training methodology and technology.
Must have all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safely Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Lifeguarding, etc.)
Passion for the sport of swimming, with past swimming experience a definite plus.
Open communication skills that facilitate relationships with swimmers, adults/ parents, assistants, and coaching staff of other clubs.
Ability to foster a positive team-oriented environment that brings out the best in each swimmer at every level.
Ability to multitask, reliable, punctual, and able to maintain strong ethical and confidentiality standards.
Efficient computer skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Negotiable based upon qualifications and experience.
Location: 2600 Cumberland Dr, Franklin, IN, USA
with FRST Swimming
Under the direction of the FRST Head Coach, our Head Age Group Coach will help manage the swim team in accordance with the rules/regulations set forth by USA Swimming & the FRST By-Laws.
Head Age Group Coach must have a great ability to work well with our athletes, parents, and coaches. Head AG Coach will also be expected to assist in the growth both in numbers as well as performance. The Head Coach Position must also be heavily involved in communication (website, newsletters, meetings) as well community-based initiatives. FRST has every intention to continue its journey in becoming a nationally recognized program.
Location: 14675 Winchester Boulevard, Los Gatos, CA, USA
with Bay Club Courtside
We are looking for an energetic and reliable USA certified coach to be our lead assistant. Responsibilities would include helping the Head Coach run our Age Groups and possibly lead one of the groups. This position would also include Private Lessons and use of the Bay Clubs awesome facilities. The position is hourly from late afternoons to early evenings Monday-Friday with flexibility depending on availability.
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site)
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics – Cardinal Site
Age Group & Senior Assistant Coaches
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking multiple assistant coaches to work with competitive & developmental swimmers. We train at multiple facilities in Palo Alto, California, and on the Stanford University Campus
Coaches will be responsible for between 4 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and availability. Practices run on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Part time positions are available.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
PASA – Cardinal offers a competitive hourly rate based on qualifications. There are numerous coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates.
To find out more about the program at PASA – Cardinal, please visit pasacardinal.com.
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
with Wilton YMCA Wahoo's Swim Team
*********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED********
The Wilton Y Wahoo’s, a premier 2017 USA Silver Medal swimming club in New England is based in Fairfield County, Connecticut. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time, Exempt status, Assistant Senior Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own training group and assist with other groups on a daily basis. The Assistant Senior Coach is also responsible for all administrative duties required for their training group and other duties as determined by the Head Coach.
This position offers the successful candidate health and medical, retirement plan and Y membership benefits. All meet travel, educational, and cell phone expenses are fully reimbursed.
Develops a seasonal plan for dryland and pool.
- Conducts practices.
- Develops meet schedules and coverage.
- Prepares swimmer evaluations and recommendations on move-ups.
- Attends required swim meets.
- Submits meet entries.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Holds goal meetings with swimmers.
- Assists with clinics.
Staff and YMCA Relations
- Trains and supervises assistant coaches in dryland and pool programs.
- Attends internal coaches meetings.
- Meets with Y staff as needed.
- Review all written communications with head coach prior to publication.
- Assists Head Coach and Age Group Coach when necessary at meets and practices.
- Holds parent meetings in groups and individually.
- Work with squad Vice President and other volunteers.
- Responds to parent communications by phone, in person, email or in writing in a timely fashion.
- Keeps parents informed of problems/developments with swimmers.
- Assists in promoting and recruiting for the overall program.
- Assists with brochure development and program registration procedures.
- Responsible for social media content and postings.
- Participates in Recognition night.
- Acts as an advocate within the community for the Wahoo program.
- Submits expense reports
- Provides input to annual planning process on team objectives and strategies.
- Assists with meet preparations.
- Helps to implement team fundraising projects.
- Supports the team’s overall fundraising projects.
- Actively participates in and upholds the YMCA’s mission to be open and accessible to everyone, regardless of financial situation or special need .Contributes time to raise funds for this worthy and necessary endeavor by supporting the Y’s Annual Giving and Capital Development campaigns.
Effect on End Result
Successful performance of the job duties by the Wahoos Assistant Senior Coach can have a major impact on the overall effectiveness with which the Riverbrook Regional YMCA and the Wahoo team accomplish their goals and objectives through:
- Ensuring strength and continuity for the overall direction of the program.
- Executing a consistent training philosophy and communication of team goals.
- Assuring high quality program delivery and positive image.
- Retaining current swimmers and inspiring new families to join the team.
- Improving the skills and performance of the individual participants.
- Allowing team members to have a positive growth experience.
Location: Pueblo, Colorado, USA
with Pueblo Swim Club
Assistant Swim Coach for the Pueblo Swim Club
Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Supervisors: Head Coach Pueblo Swim Club
Experience: Prior experience working with children in a sports related environment required, swimming environment preferred. Prior swimming experience competing at the high school level required, collegiate level preferred.
Type of Job: Part-time position – beginning April 4, 2018
- Assistant Swim Coaches provide instruction and coaching for various training groups within the Pueblo Swim Club, a USA Swimming sanctioned swim club.
- Assist the head coach and other assistant coaches administer swim practices for groups within the Pueblo Swim Club
- Attend swim meets as needed
- Event preparation and setup.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- At least 19 years of age
- Current USA Swimming Coaching Certification
- Current Lifeguard Training Certification (preferred)
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
- Ability to work evenings.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups through a variety of situations.
- Display a positive and encouraging attitude at every practice session
- Ability to teach swimmers various skills with both patience and enthusiasm
- Ability to use independent judgment when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Location: New Market, MD, USA
with Lake Linganore Dolphins
The Lake Linganore Dolphins are a summer swim team located in New Market, Maryland. The head coach is responsible for running practices, training and managing assistant coaches, creating meet lineups and working with swimmers and their families to create a fun learning environment for swimmers age 5-18. Our season runs from the day after Memorial day until the last weekend in July.
Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA
with University of Virginia
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including (but not limited to): coaching, instructing, recruiting, counseling, monitoring student-athlete academic performance, designing training sessions, collaborating on game plans and strategies, adhering to compliance requirements, and other sport program administrative functions.
This entry-level coaching position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all duties, including coaching, office management, recruiting of prospective student athletes, and coordinating team logistics. This coaching position will directly assist the Head Coach with on-deck coaching duties and will also be responsible for several 12-month projects designed by the Head Coach to positively impact team performance.
This is a fulltime, salaried position within the Department of Athletics, which includes fulltime benefits. The hiring range for this position is $36,000 – $40,000.
Required qualifications include: a Bachelor’s degree and some coaching experience with regard to the sport of Swimming at the collegiate and/or club level, which includes demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate Swimming and the ability to teach technical aspects of the sport.
Preferred qualifications include:
- USA Swimming Level 4 certification.
- Experience at the collegiate and club levels.
- Experience working with national-caliber athletes.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate Division I level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience with NCAA and/or conference championship competition.
- Athletic and coaching experience at the professional level.
- Athletic accolades with regard to the sport of Swimming and Diving at the intercollegiate or higher level.
- Administrative experience (i.e. budgeting, program planning, travel, etc.) at the intercollegiate or higher level.
Please do not submit any candidate materials directly to the Department of Athletics, Coaching Staff, or the University of Virginia. All candidate materials must be submitted through the [email protected] website in order to be considered.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.