with St. Johns Country Day School
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, this position oversees the day to day operation of the facility comprised of a 25-yard competitive swimming pool at a Pre-K3-12th grade private school in Orange Park, FL. This position assures that the facility is being scheduled and utilized for aftercare activities, aquatic competitions, learn to swim, outside rentals, physical education, and school events throughout the year. This position will work with the contracted pool cleaning company to assure that the facility is being maintained at the highest standard. This position is also responsible for managing a lifeguard staff to provide coverage for activities requiring lifeguard supervision. The position will be responsible for running a seasonal Recreation Aquatics Team that focuses on developing skills and fostering a love of aquatic sports. During the Fall the coach will participate as a coach for the school’s swim team.
This position will also serve as the Head Age Group Coach and Assistant Senior Coach of the Spartan Aquatics Club (SPAC), a team with over 100 members with a long history of providing year round competitive swimming to the area. The team has seen significant growth over the past year.
Essential job functions
Work with the Aquatics Director to advertise and promote the aquatics program.
Prepare workout plans as required.
Attend all club and rec team practices.
Oversee lifeguards, head swim coach, technical director, learn to swim coaches, and rec team assistant coaches.
Organize and attend all competitions at the pool.
Attend all rec team and club swim meets.
Prepare the facility for all events.
Create, maintain, and train staff on all safety and emergency action plans.
Communicate regularly with the Aquatics Director on all matters of policy.
Work to inspire young people while building relationships with parents.
Develop and oversee a Learn to Swim program including coach training.
Develop alternative revenue generating programs and events that take advantage of the facility during off-peak hours.
Assures that the aquatics program is supporting the interests and mission of the school.
Prepare a monthly report to the Aquatics Director outlining the status of the program.
Current CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard Certifications
Pass a background check
Certified Water Safety Instructor or Learn to Swim Instructor
Certified Lifeguard Trainer
ASCA level 2 or higher
Competitive swimming experience at the college level.
2 years of teaching learn to swim.
3 years coaching experience.
Experience working as a lifeguard.
Experience in marketing and administration.
Experience with a variety of aquatic sports and activities.
Experience working in aquatics in a camp or after school program.
Experience with Recreational Swim Teams or summer leagues.
Experience with Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager, and Team Unify
Salary: $28,000+ /year based on experience
Supports the school and its leadership.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Headmaster.
Classification: Exempt Status/ Non-Faculty/ Full-Time
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned.
with Bel Air Athletic Club & Spa
Bel Air Athletic Club & Spa
Bel Air, MD
Bel Air Athletic Club Swim Team is searching for a talented & motivated individual to assist in our journey to the next level of success in the new Quad 2016-2020!
Our team of about 130 swimmers, is located just north of Baltimore in a large family oriented fitness club. We have two 6-lane 25 yard pools and a smaller instructional pool.
We focus on IMX & Fundamentals with long term development of our swimmers in mind.
High energy, creativity and a passion for the sport of swimming are requisite as well as excellent administrative capacities and great communication skills: swimmers, parents, peers.
•Lead Coaching 1-2 training groups – Assisting with other groups as needed
•Directing our Swim School (oversight & training of swim lesson instructors)
•Administrative Duties as Required (Team Unify, MS Office & general computer literacy helpful!)
•Experience educating, energizing & having fun with 12 & younger swimmers
•Always coaches from both ends of the pool to keep swimmers on their toes!
•ASCA level 3 or equivalent preferred (at least USA Swimming 2nd year certified)
•LGI a big plus (LifeGuard Instructor)
Base salary plus compensation potential based on revenue for swim school, private swim lessons and the potential to teach lifeguard classes & swim clinics. Full time benefits include- health insurance, club membership, ASCA membership
Position is available immediately but will not be filled until we find someone with the right fit & skill set. Our season commences Monday August 22nd.
Please apply online including resume, cover letter and references:
with UMBC/Retriever Aquatic Club
UMBC and the Retriever Aquatic Club are looking for the Lead Coach for the Senior Gold group of the Retriever Aquatic Club.
Reporting to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach, the incumbent will be the lead Senior Gold Swim Coach for the Retriever Aquatic Club and as serve as custodian for the Aquatics Center. Specific duties include: designing and structuring workouts for Senior Gold group swimmers; instructing swimmers on proper technique and racing strategies; scheduling and attending all practice times; communicating with all coaches, swimmers and parents; maintaining the Retriever Aquatic Club website; coaching and instructing swimmers at meets throughout the year; entering swimmers in meet events; researching appropriate meet forums for swimmers of various levels; counseling students on college selection/recruitment process; maintaining proper pool chemical balance; performing routine maintenance activities on pool; updating logs and preparing reports reflecting pool maintenance; operating standard equipment like backwashing equipment and chemical feeders; serving as substitute coach for varsity swim team in absence of head coach and assistant coach; coordinating Summer Day Camp swim lessons; and performing other duties as assigned. It is expected that the successful candidate will abide by all written policies and procedures of, the Department of Athletics, UMBC, the America East Conference (AEC), the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association (CCSA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s degree. One year of coaching experience preferred. Must have Red Cross certification at time of hire or be certified within six months of hire. Proven track record of working with high caliber swimmers is strongly desired.
Note: Position will require a background check.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
with Southeastern Aquatics
Head Age Group Coach
Racine Family YMCA Swim Team
Posted July 14, 2016
Head Age-Group Coach position available with Southeastern Aquatics in Racine, Wisconsin. Southeastern Aquatics (SEA) is actively seeking a highly motivated and committed coach to fill the role of Head Age-Group Coach to begin in September 2016. SEA is a year-round competitive swimming program offering instruction, training, and competition for student-athletes living in Southeastern Wisconsin. Over 120 USA registered swimmers train and practice at multiple locations in Racine and Kenosha: Sealed Air YMCA, Racine high schools (Case, Horlick, Park), Carthage College, Meadowbrook Country Club, and RecPlex.
- Minimum of five years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a relatable field of study preferred
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 3 or higher preferred
- Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements
- In good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background checks
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Evening deck coaching hours during the school year (Monday-Friday) and Saturday mornings
- Morning and evening deck coaching hours during the summer season and Saturday mornings
- Average hours during the school year: 20-30 hours a week; average hours during summer season: 30-50 hours a week
- Additional administrative hours expected
- Support the head coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the age-group swimmers and training groups
- Support the development of each swimmer within the SEA membership in order for them to achieve their highest desired potential
- Meet entry revisions for all groups within the Age-Group program
- Serve as SEA’s representative for LSC & YMCA functions and duties
- Attend team functions
- Responsible for website support as needed
- Responsible for directing the entry process for the Bronze, Silver, and Gold training groups
- Assist the head coach as the SEA representative at any meets or meetings requiring SEA’s attendance
- The ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge with Hy-Tek is a plus
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming with desire to excel professionally and to continually learn
Specific Group Responsibilities:
- Directly coach any specific groups assigned
- Develop a seasonal plan with connection to the teams overall goals and direction
- Create a well-organized plan that integrates the team’s group goals (reaching Zones, Sectionals, YMCA Nationals, Jr. Nationals, etc.)
- Develop age-appropriate dry-land training for the Silver and Gold training groups and conduct weight training for Senior level athletes
- Coordinate goal meetings that encourage personal growth and development in and out of the pool
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience
- Health, vacation, and retirement available
- Professional education allowance
Position will remain posted until end of August 2016.
Please send a resume, cover letter, three references, and a brief statement of coaching philosophy to Head Coach Neil Wright at [email protected].
Racine Family YMCA Swim Team
725 Lake Avenue
Racine, WI 53403
with Lake Forest College
Lake Forest College, located just north of Chicago, invites applications for the part-time position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The position, which is ideal for someone desiring experience in a Division III collegiate coaching environment, will offer the chosen candidate the opportunity to assist the head coach with all aspects of administering an established and successful collegiate aquatic program. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: on-deck and weight room coaching of all training groups, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, meet management, scouting, and alumni relations. Bachelor’s degree required with collegiate participation and/or coaching experience at the NCAA level or equivalent preferred.
Review of applications begins immediately. Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter, resume and references to: Vadim Tashlitsky, Head Swimming and Diving Coach, at [email protected] Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women and members of other historically underrepresented groups.
Lake Forest is a highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from more than 40 states and from more than 70 countries. The College is a member of the Midwest Conference and NCAA Division III, and sponsors 19 intercollegiate varsity sports with approximately 350 varsity student-athletes competing annually. For more information on Lake Forest College and Forester Athletics, please visit www.lakeforest.edu.
You are the “Y”.
We’re more than a pool – the mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through fitness and healthy living, academic readiness, character development and violence prevention. Our 23 membership centers across the city and suburbs, 5 camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs provide everyone with a safe place to swim, learn, play and grow.
For over 135 years, the YMCA has been a pioneer and set the standard for aquatics and quality swim instruction. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our (Aquatic Coordinators, Lifeguards, and Swim Instructors) to continue this legacy and contribute to the health and wellness of our children, families and communities.
To provide instruction and workouts that will prepare the participants for their individual needs such as competition, fitness, etc.
Scopes of Responsibilities:
- Develop a communication plan and schedule to ensure transparency of information.
- Promote and cultivate team building among swimmers across age groups, parents, coaches to foster team building & camaraderie for lifelong good sportsmanship skills
- Embrace, enhance, and demonstrate by example.
- Develop fun and engaging training programs for the younger swim groups.
- Select swim meets to provide the best competition for the varying group levels (Y and USA local/state/region/National).
- Aerobic/anaerobic training, drills, drylands; history of on-deck instruction for all ages, clinics and workshops.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with prior experience with competitive swimming experience.
- 10+ years swim coaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience in competitive coaching leading high-level age group swimmers, senior State/Regional/National level; College swimming experience preferred.
- Ability to manage day-to-day operation and swim meet participation of a swim club with 200+ athletes ranging 5 to 18 years old.
- History of successfully developing competitive, high‐performance swimmers and progressing them from development to age group to the national level. Creative out-of-the-box thinker.
- Meet certification requirements of Head Coach: Lifeguard, first aid, CPR/AED and Swim Coach certifications. Proficient with Team Manager and TeamUnify. Member in good standing with USA Swimming.
- YMCA swim team coach experience a plus.
- Excellent & timely interpersonal/communicative skills at all levels (swimmers, parents, coaches, YMCA executive administration).
- Charismatic leader organized/goal oriented and a good role model.
- Passionate coach willing to work with each swimmer to achieve their potential, especially with the strong competitive groups.
- Coach who understands the individual needs and tailors their coaching appropriately.
- Love to work with kids and motivate swimmers to achieve their potential.
- Results producing advocate: identify opportunities for improvement and propose solutions that will benefit swimmers.
- Able to create and nurture environment of excellence in sport through a comprehensive training program.
with Med-City Aquatics
Head Age Group Coach Med City Aquatics
Med City Aquatics (MCA), a 150+ member club in Rochester, Minnesota
has an immediate opening for a dynamic, confident, energetic head age group coach to lead our growing club. The coach will oversee the development of the age group program.
Located in beautiful southeast Minnesota, Rochester is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM and has a strong swimming history. Our 150+ athletes span all competitive levels from the novice swimmer to Jr National qualifier. With a strong swim school already in place we are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all ages, skills and competition levels. We strive to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competition as part of that. Our goal as a team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her own level of ability.
Our primary training facility is a newly renovated 8 lane 50 meter indoor
pool with moveable bulkhead. In addition, the facility will have a small
warm water pool for swim school use.
Duties of the Coach
(a) The Head Age Group coach directs all aspects of Age Group swimmer training and competition in conjunction with Head Coach
(b) Act as Team Administrator for all aspects of club daily operations in support of the Board’s goals and objectives.
(c) Support the Club Treasurer to responsibly manage club fiscal performance.
(d) Communicate the status of the Club’s operations to the Board at its meetings and to the Club President, as necessary, between Board meetings.
(e) Work with Head Coach, team members, parents and directors to guide team activities, including meets, training trips, special events, and team building activities.
(f) Implement strategies in conjunction with the Head Coach to recruit, retain and grow team enrollment in support of the Club’s goals and budget. (g) Build and foster relationships with area high school coaches to promote continuity of training between club and high school programs for the benefit of our swimmers. (h) Work in conjunction with Head Coach and Swim School coordinator to ensure ongoing success of the program in introducing swimmers to competitive swimming
This is a year round, salaried position between $35,000-$38,000 based on qualifications and experience with potential for performance based incentives. Interested applicants should forward cover letter outlining experience and coaching philosophy, resume, three references with contact information and salary requirements to [email protected] .
with YMCA of Southern Maine
The YMCA of Southern Maine Casco Bay Branch is seeking a dynamic individual with excellent customer service skills to join our Aquatics Team as Head Swim Coach.
Working in conjunction with the Aquatics Director, the Head Swim Coach oversees the management and development of the swim team program, including volunteers and assistant swim coaches. The Head Swim Coach is responsible for creating collaborations with peers, staff and members in order to meet the needs of the program in line with the mission and values of the YMCA. Recognizes that the swim team is component of the overall YMCA programs offered at the branch and incorporates the team as part of the overall Y Mission. They must have the ability to provide dynamic leadership and vision as well as development and growth opportunities for the swim team participants and work in cooperation with the Aquatics Director, Y staff and volunteers.
We are seeking people who treat everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; and works cooperatively as a team member.
The Y is a powerful association of men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community.
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow, and thrive. Anchored in more than 10,000 neighborhoods around the country, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical present to not just promise, but deliver, lasting personal and social change.
In today’s uncertain times, one thing remains certain – the Y is, and always will be, the builder of healthy, confident, connected, and secure children, families, and communities.
We are the strongest when we promise to make sure everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive at the Y.
We accomplish that when we value the diversity of everyone’s personal beliefs, respect the rights to those beliefs, and we expect all to honor our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility with one another. Everything we do stems from that expectation.
Click here to apply online.
with CollegeSwimming, llc
CollegeSwimming is growing and needs someone to lead our business development team. This person will be responsible for establishing and expanding relationships with outside organizations. This will include exploring opportunities to partner and/or support other organizations in the realm of swimming and diving, other sports, licensing and more.
Applicants should have significant experience in competitive swimming and demonstrated experience or knack for sales. This could be a full or part-time position with salary, incentives and equity negotiable for the right person.
Interested applicants should apply at [email protected]
with Machine Aquatics
We are looking to hire an Age Group Coach that would lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate High Performance Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website).
We are also looking for an Assistant Coach for our Top National/National Prep Group. This individual will work closely with our head coach.
Essential Job Tasks include:
1) Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Machine Aquatics policies and procedures.
2) Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach and Senior
3) Establish a local presence and reputation with Potomac Valley LSC, summer league via clinics, volunteering etc.
4) Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
2) Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered).
3) A college degree (preferred, but not required).
4) Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building,
5) Must be prepared to develop talent, rather than manage great athletes.
6) Must want to increase the number of athletes that swim into their teen years and increase the number of athletes that qualify for championship opportunities.
7) Should have a record of producing well-rounded swimmers with sound biomechanics.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full Time Benefits (after brief probation period) include Medical, Paid Vacation/Holiday, cell phone and the Club pays for USA membership and background screening, professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics.
About Machine Aquatics
Machine Aquatics is a coach-owned club in the Metropolitan, DC area. Our team is an USA Swimming Silver & Bronze Medal Swim Club since 2009 and home to 600+ competitive age group swimmers and 100+ Stroke School swimmers, ages 5-20+ with a number of current USA Swimming National & Olympic Trial qualifiers. The team trains in multiple locations in Fairfax County, Virginia and Price George’s County, MD both in private clubs and public recreational facilities. Fairfax County is home to a dozen of the best public and private schools in the country and is a progressive, safe place to raise a family while being only minutes from downtown Washington, D.C.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Machine Aquatics.
with California Capital Aquatics
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) is a non-profit organization under the sanction of USA Swimming that is governed by a Board of Directors.
PURPOSE AND AMBITIONS: CCA offers a complete program allowing for the gradual development of swimmers of all ages and skill levels, from the novice to the elite. High performance athletes at the peak of the CCA program provide inspiration for all CCA athletes. Individual character is built through training, goal setting, time management, self-reliance, and self-discipline. As individual excellence is developed and maintained, the entire CCA team benefits. Team ambitions include (i) recognition as leading program in the community, state, nation and USA Swimming organization; (ii) attendance at swim competitions such as the Junior Olympics, Far Westerns, Sectionals, Futures, Junior Nationals, Senior Nationals, and the U.S. Olympic Trials; and (iii) recognition as a recruiting base for college-bound athletes who aspire to attend universities and colleges which offer individual swimming athletic scholarships.
Employee and CCA shall mutually promote, support and foster the purpose, ambitions and vision statement of CCA for both individual swimmers and the team as a whole.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee shall act as the Chief Executive Officer and Head Coach for CCA and shall be responsible for organizing, implementing, managing and directing all CCA swim programs and swim club related activities. Employee shall be responsible for program technical operations, certain administrative functions, and reports to the CCA Board of Directors in a timely manner and on a regular basis. Employee shall also be responsible for the hiring and management of the assistant coaching staff. This is a full time position with competitive salary and benefits package.
- 5 years at the Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach position
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Registered USA Swimming coach in good standing
- Proven success in developing swimmers from age group through elite
- Experience supervising staff, possessing strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
FACTS ABOUT CALIFORNIA CAPITAL AQUATICS:
- Founded in 1983
- 150+ year round swimmers strong
- 9-lane 50 meter training and competition pool
- 16-lane 25 yard training and competition pool
- Additional 5-lane 25 yard practice pool
- Financially stable with ample reserves
- Hard working Board of Directors with General Membership support
- Established Fall Program and Pre-Competitive Swim School
- City of Roseville and Community support
- Placer Valley Tourism business partnership
- Level 4 USA Swimming Club Recognition Program
- Recognized as a Silver Medal Club
- Host of 2016 CA-NV Speedo Sectionals and 2017 Age Group Western Zone Meet
with Alpine Hills Tennis and Swimming Club
Alpine Hills Tennis & Swimming Club
Alpine Hills, a private Tennis and Swimming Club located in Portola Valley, CA., is looking for an Aquatics Director to oversee all areas of our Aquatics program, including swim teams (PASA year round and PSA summer league), master’s swim program, hydro-fit, recreational swimming, lap swimming, swimming lessons, pool rentals, aquatic related special events and other aquatic programs designed to improve member enjoyment.
The Director must have great people skills, and be friendly and outgoing at all times. He/she would assist in budget and aquatics schedule preparation and be responsible to General Manager, Board of Directors and Swim Committee to meet and exceed budget goals, and enhance member satisfaction. The Director would be responsible for coaching and managing overall coaching for the PASA year round swim program. He/she will assist in the development of special events; develop contracts and hire instructors and staff as needed for the program areas. Oversee and monitor all department billing, payroll, and expenses to align with budget. Select, hire, supervise, train and evaluate full time, part time and seasonal staff. Prepare newsletters, reports, emails and handouts, used to communicate to member and non-member aquatics participants. Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, members, and the public using principles of good customer service. Ensure that facility and equipment are always safe and well maintained, while putting the highest priority on safety issues in and around the pool.
Aquatics related skills required:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in developing and implementing aquatic programs for the needs of all age groups.
- Ability to coach swimmers in proper technique at various levels; competitive swimming background desired, but not required.
- Maintaining pool equipment, front and back of the house, and water quality. Meeting successful periodic inspection from town and county pool inspectors.
- Able to work effectively in a non-profit environment that includes the swim committee, board of directors and club volunteers.
- Prepare purchase requisitions to order supplies and materials; process paperwork as required to bill for services, pay invoices, and complete monthly P&L. Assist in the preparation and administration of program budgets; monitor program revenue and expenses to stay within budget.
- Principles and practices of hiring, supervision, evaluating and training of staff.
- Know and understand all aspects of the Aquatic Directors job; reports and special projects; Implement and coordinate recreation and/or programs suited to the needs of the club membership. Interpret and explain program policies and procedures. Maintain records, monitor budgets, and prepare written reports. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Aquatics Manager/Supervisor/Director.
- Ability to engage and motivate a large range of swimmers, while always being friendly and outgoing.
- Strong communication skills with both children and adults.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED, Lifeguard and Coaches Safety Training Certification.
- Able to help create a culture that draws people to our pool and facility.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
Daily meal plan
Paid vacation and sick days
401K plan after one year of employment
Send resume to Eric Quade at [email protected]
with YMCA of Northwest NC RipTyde Swim Team (TYDE)
The primary role of the Director of Competitive Swimming is to provide excellent customer service to TYDE swimmers and parents while managing the swim team and guiding the development of quality swim team programming at each of TYDE’s 12 sites. This role will include hands-on coaching, management and direction of assistant coaches and coordination with YMCA Aquatic Directors and staff. The expressed goal of TYDE is to offer swim team programming to swimmers of all ages and ability levels, with the goal of continuing the strong reputation that TYDE has created within YMCA, NC & USA swimming.
TYDE BACKGROUND & HISTORY
Established in 1973, the Winston-Salem YMCA Swim Team (WSY) has been a consistent force in swimming in the Triad. Notable achievements included multiple YMCA National Top-3 Team finishes, regular Junior & Senior National and Olympic Trial qualifiers and consistently high performances at NC Championship Meets. After expanding as an association swim team, the rebranded and retooled YMCA of NWNC Riptyde (TYDE) began in 2009 and has grown to encompass 12 sites and over 700 swimmers and has achieved Bronze Medal status as well as Level-4 Club Excellence. With a staff of roughly 30 Full and PartTime Coaches, TYDE serves swimmers from developmental through National levels.
- Directly coach (at least) one primary training group within the TYDE National Track (or otherwise as agreed) and exclusively handle all needs of that/those group(s).
- Direct the TYDE leadership team with managing the Swim Team program including preparation and implementation of progression curriculum, seasonal plans and practice plans focused on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, work ethic, goal orientation, positive attitude and core values.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, develop, schedule and direct coaching staff and volunteers for all TYDE sites, as needed.
- Develop and execute strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Accurately seek out, summarize, communicate and enter all swim meet information for the entire TYDE program, and communicate final details to parents in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist in development of program budget and monitor it to meet fiscal objectives.
- Work with Aquatics Directors across the association to deliver a top quality TYDE program, including scheduling pool times and cross-promotions of programs.
- Perform or delegate team admin duties as needed, including but not limited to, team registration, team communication, team store and website maintenance.
- Facilitate or delegate event management roles in all TYDE hosted swim meets and other special events.
- Assist in the retention of existing members and engagement of new members by informing them of the YMCA of NWNC programs, including Safe Start, lap swimming, swim lessons, swim team, other aquatic teams and group exercise classes.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with community partners, parents and program participants and neighboring swim teams and YMCA’s.
- Assist in creating, targeting and distributing program marketing information.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends.
- Know, understand and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Know and review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina policies and procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings, monthly in-services and trainings as required.
- Assist in the identification of active volunteers for the Annual Giving Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina in the home branch and its programs.
- May supervise YMCA Aquatics program at the home branch.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous 10+ years swim coaching experience required with at least 5+ years in a head or leadership capacity.
- ASCA level 3 Certification (or equivalent).
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current YMCA Swim Coach or USA Swim Coach certification required.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, SKILLS AND HABITS
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and ability levels.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to pass a swimming skills test.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time including continuous physical endurance for thirty to sixty minutes of aerobic activity.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures and to wet and/or humid conditions in swimming pool areas.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please ask the hiring manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
- Exempt Full Time with benefits
- Salary Range $45,000-55,000 annually
with Fitter and Faster Swim Tour
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is looking for high energy, goal oriented individuals to help spread the word about clinics that are coming to local communities throughout the USA!
If you love swimming; talking to people on the phone; and are motivated by accomplishing goals – this is the job for you!
The Registration Sales Managers’ key objective is to ensure that all clinics on the Fitter and Faster calendar are filled to capacity. This will be accomplished by providing service and value to swim teams, clubs and other organizations throughout the United States whose members will benefit from participating in clinics in their region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all swimming teams, leagues and organizations are informing their members about upcoming FFT clinics in their region
- Learning about areas that we can improve upon as a company to provide more value to the teams we work with
Qualified candidates have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm about working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Read this article before applying: 4 people who should never work for an entrepreneur.
- Absolutely no less than two-years of full-time work experience in sales, account management or marketing with a quantifiable successful track record
- Motivated to achieve quantifiable performance goals
- Must make 40 to 75 phone calls every day
- Diligent in follow up with customers, prospects, co-workers and other partners
- Driven, outgoing, pro-active, thoughtful personality with co-workers, customers and all others we work with
- Experienced with CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
- Management of a robust calendar
- Competitive swimming experience
- Ability to develop campaigns that will enable us to provide more value to hosts, coaches, swimmers, parents, and book more clinics
- Someone who understands the importance of under-promising and over-delivering. Living up to expectations and goals is imperative
- Experience developing email newsletters, social media posts and other methods of communicating with customers and prospects
- Add value and carry out responsibilities associated with relationships that we have with hosts
- Superb writing skills
- Eagerness to travel and work hard
with Excel Aquatics
Excel Aquatics is looking to fill an Assistant Coach position.
Excel Aquatics is a year round USA swimming competitive swim program founded in 1983. Comprised of over 400+ swimmers, the team ranges in age and ability from Beginners through Junior National qualifiers, and Olympic Trial Qualifiers. We are located in Brentwood, Tennessee with satellite locations in Murfreesboro, Gallatin, and Spring Hill, Tennessee.
• Flexible work schedule – up to 25 hours per week (excluding meet weekends)
• Practices are in the evening during the week and during the day on weekends
• Hourly rate of pay based on experience
• Session pay for meets, as well as team pays for hotel, food, mileage
• Reports to Head Coach
• Assists Head Coach with daily workouts and at meets
• Opportunities for growth with the position
• Knowledge of stroke technique and swimmer development
• Previous competitive swimming and coaching experience is required