with Edmonton Keyano Swim Club
Recent changes within Edmonton Keyano Swim Club have provided the opportunity to review our high performance competitive programme, and we are now seeking to recruit a Head Coach based in Edmonton, who is able to lead a Club of approx. 350 swimmers with a strong high performance age group focus. This is an exciting time for the Club as we move towards stronger partnership relationships with Swim Alberta and the University of Alberta in delivering high performance swimming capabilities, and you will champion and build athlete pathways across the age groups and up to national level in addition to managing the technical swimming programme requirements of a large Club. The skills and attributes you would bring to the role include:
- Proven experience working in a high-performance sport environment;
- Demonstrated history to mentor and provide leadership to both coaches and athletes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, a proven self-starter and an effective communicator;
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills;
- Highly effective planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing the technical swimming programme and coaching programme of a high performance Club; and,
- Currently hold a minimum NCCP Level 3 certification (or equivalent).
As the Head Coach, you will be directly responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing and leading the Keyano Club coaching staff. This includes overall responsibility for a coaching team of approximately 5 senior coaches and 16 assistant coaches, across multiple satellite locations around Edmonton. Mentoring other coaches and providing coaching development will be key areas of activity.
- Accountable for the technical swimming programme across all squads within Edmonton Keyano; ensuring their alignment and progress towards delivering a high performance age group swimming capability which will directly feed into the High Performance Program Initiative – North.
- Production of a technical strategic swimming plan, updated on an annual basis complete with measurable and reportable performance outcomes. This should be presented to the EKSC Board and their agreement obtained annually.
- Directly coach and be accountable for swimmers in the highest level group within the Club.
- The Head Coach will provide guidance and leadership to strategic initiatives of EKSC and work collaboratively with the EKSC Board in creating/refining the EKSC strategic plan on an annual basis, identifying areas for improvement in the plan to bring forward to annual strategic planning review sessions.
- Planning and delivering the annual/seasonal training and competition programs for all training groups, in coordination with the coaching and administrative team. This includes regular audits of these programs at all locations and performance improvement updates to members, parents and the Board.
- Working collaboratively with other staff and volunteers for the attraction, development and retention of swimmers in EKSC.
- Liaising directly with the Performance Coach for the High Performance Program Initiative – North (HPPI-N), ensuring swimming programmes are aligned; competitive pathways are clear and accessible; performance targets and results are reported regularly. The relationship between both the Performance Coach for HPPI-N and Head Coach should be a partnership approach for delivering optimal swimming capabilities for Northern Alberta.
- Visible active engagement with swimmers and parents across all levels and squads within the Club during each 12-month period. Be the visible face of the coaching staff, actively engaging with all stakeholders – members, parents, volunteers, provincial/national governing bodies and other swim clubs.
- Attending all Keyano hosted swimming competitions, Provincials and National-level competitions.
- Shared administration resources will support both this role and the Operations activities.
As the Head Coach, you should have the following experience, education and qualifications:
- 10+ years managing and leading large diverse teams;
- Level 3 coaching certification (or equivalent);
- University degree in related field of study;
- Previous head coaching experience preferred;
- Previous elite swim coaching experience.
As the Head Coach, you should demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
- Strategic orientation. He/she will have a clear view of the future direction for the Club and enable the leadership team to deliver. He/she frames strategic options for the club and is not afraid of considering ambitious, even unorthodox ideas. He/she is able to spot previously unidentified opportunities and bring creative solutions for balancing finite resources.
- Influence with Impact. He/she will be able to influence the team to achieve strategic outcomes. Actively develops internal and external partnerships/relationships on a foundation of credibility and trust. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, motivate, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
- Results orientation. He/she will deliver over expectations by being energized by the challenge and setting stretching goals for self and the team. He/she will exploit opportunities to exceed goals and work towards them even under adverse circumstances.
- Team leadership. He/she will empower the teams to perform, identify and solve problems, providing necessary support where needed. He/she creates a clear sense of team identity and holds teams accountable for meeting collective goals. He/she rewards individual initiatives beyond expectations to advance the common goal.
- Collaboration and influencing skills. He/she motivates others to work with self by using informal structures, dynamics and culture of the organization to get things done. He/she actively seeks input in decision making and shows others how their objectives align with own. He/she actively communicates and collaborates with the broader organisation and Partner organisations, ensuring enduring committed partnerships.
with Little Rock Swimming & Diving
The Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach is a twelve month position (75% appointment) and will be responsible for successful execution in planning, developing and administering all phases of the women’s swimming coaching and recruiting program. All duties and responsibilities are governed by state, federal and university policy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, evaluate, and build communication with prospective student athletes
- Assist in budget preparation and administration
- Compliance with all NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and institutional rules
- Monitor academic progress toward degree
- Assist head coach with fund raising and alumni development
- Assist head coach in practice and competition
- Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.)
- Provide positive leadership for student-athletes
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and University rules
- Knowledge of budgeting processes
- Ability to work nights and weekends with extensive travel
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and the ability to coach at the collegiate level.
with Greenwich Academy
Greenwich Academy is seeking a head swim coach for its swimming and diving program. The coach is responsible for the entire program, grades 7-12, designing and implementing a training regimen that meets the needs of all swimmers. At the varsity level, implementing racing strategy in both dual and invitational meets to allow for success is critical. The qualified applicant will have excellent communication skills and will be a terrific role model for young women as well as having experience as a swimmer and proven success as a coach at the club or interscholastic level. Knowledge of the Hy-Tek program and experience with a touch pad timing system as well being a Certified Pool Operator are a plus. A successful candidate will work cooperatively and collegially with Greenwich Academy’s brother school, Brunswick, with which the school shares a pool. Greenwich Academy is a member of the Fairchester Athletic Association and competes in all sports against the top independent schools in New England. At all times, the coach is expected to model and inspire others to follow the School’s motto, Toward the Building of Character.
with Fresno Pacific University
The Assistant Swim Coach reports to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach. The position will assist with running training sessions, compliance tasks, and recruiting. Majority of focus will be on-deck coaching, with some limited office hours.
This is a part-time, stipend position.
- Be in agreement with the university’s Confession of Faith, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students and guests.
- On-deck coaching
- Assist with planning of season and planning individual training sessions
- Assist with recruiting of qualified student-athletes
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience necessary.
- Previous experience coaching at the club or collegiate level
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Driver’s License
- Collegiate coaching experience
- USA Swimming Certification
- Experience as a collegiate student-athlete
- Majority of time will be outdoors, in various weather conditions.
- Standing for long stretches of time (3-4+) hours
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
with VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
This position works closely with the Aquatics Director in developing, coordinating, and managing the VillaSport Competitive USA Swim Team in a safe and responsible manner. This person will be provided with general supervision by the Aquatics Director and will need to be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to successfully manage the programs with minimal direct supervision.
-Familiarity with aquatics industry
-Certified USA Swimming Coach in good standing
-Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
-Competitive swimming background
-Minimum of 3 years coaching USA competitive swim teams and a minimum of 3 years instructing swim lessons
-Experience coaching and developing swim curriculum for children and adults
-Minimum of 1 year in management or supervisory swim team role
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-American Swimming Coaches Association – Level 2
-American Red Cross Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
-Safety Training for Swim Coaches – required prior to hire date
-Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification may substitute for Safety Training for Swim Coaches and -First Aid/CPR/AED
-Associates Degree or higher
OTHER ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
-Excellent customer service skills
-Energy, enthusiasm and positivity
-Great communication and organizational skills
-Honesty and professional integrity
with Decatur Swim club
The Head Swim Coach (Head Coach) position is a full-time, year-round position based in Decatur, IL. The Head Coach will be expected to coach a minimum of five practices weekly and dedicate approximately 12 to 16 hours monthly toward administrative duties. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Directors.
A key leader of our team, the Head Coach should be an experienced coach and swimmer. The Head Coach serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, encourages recruitment of new members, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive reinforcement.
About Decatur Swim Club
The Decatur Swim Club (DSC) is a USA Swimming team. We welcome swimmers of all abilities, from recreational swimmers who want feedback and encouragement to learn swimming to competitive elite swimmers interested in training for meets.
DSC is a membership driven, 501(c)(3) organization with an active Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to the following:
Managing and Coaching Workouts:
● Serve as deck coach for a minimum of five workouts a week (about 3 hours/workout)
● Supervise assistant coaching staff (currently three), including organizing and overseeing the workouts and coaching schedule and ensuring that the weekly workouts are staffed on an ongoing basis by qualified coaches
● Prepare workouts in advance taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers to make adjustments as needed, and ensuring workouts are clearly communicated to the swimmers by the coaching staff
● Develop a training cycle taking into consideration the varying levels of commitment and goals of both non-competitive and competitive swimmers
● Provide swimmer feedback
● Ensure all practice changes, pool closures, upcoming activities, and competitions are communicated to swimmers by email and at each workout
● Foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers with the goal of retaining swimmers who come to DSC for a free trial practice
● Encourage team participation
● Recruit, hire, and supervise assistant coaching staff, including substitute coaches
● Follow all the rules outline in our lease agreement with Millikin University
● Other duties as required
● Work with Board of Directors to plan, schedule, and staff periodic swim events, including the annual Seth Dunscomb swim meet, swim and stroke clinics, and intra-squad meets
● Represent DSC and actively participate in USA Swim events
● Manage relationship and serve as primary liaison with Millikin University on behalf of DSC and in consultation with the Board of Directors to address any facility and maintenance issues and ensure limited disruption in the workout schedule
● Provide a Head Coach report to the Board of Directors at the beginning of each Board meeting; work with Board of Directors to implement policies and procedures
● Schedule and lead regular coaches’ meetings to ensure that all coaching staff understand and implement the training cycle
● Oversee equipment and property needs; coordinate ordering and sale of DSC merchandise
● Ensure all team members are registered with USA Swimming Association
● Submit regular and accurate time and expense reports
● Ensure all coaching staff have required training and certification per DSC and USA Swim requirements
The ideal candidate will have prior experience coaching a club level swim team, preferably affiliated with USA Swimming, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. Minimum requirements and qualifications include:
Competitive swimming experience and strong knowledge of stroke-mechanics
Demonstrated experience effectively coaching both competitive and recreational swimmers
Maintain professional demeanor, provide leadership, and exhibit a positive, team-building attitude
Encourage the DSC mission of promoting community physical fitness, personal achievement, friendship, and fun through recreational and competitive swimming
Physical demands include the ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques, lift and move light equipment, and take chemical samples
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Lifeguard/Adult CPR/First Aid certified (Water Safety Instruction certified preferred)
Substantive previous coaching experience
Interest in providing a range of swimming abilities with challenging, motivating workouts
Desire to encourage simmers and provide guidance on stroke technique for swimmers of varying ability
Possess a passion for swimming and working with swimmers
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salary position. Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, DSC will pay the Head Coach’s annual USA Swim dues and provide DSC membership.
DSC is committed to ensuring a diverse and welcoming environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Decatur Swim Club reserves the right to change this job description at any time without notice.
with The Race Club
The Race Club, with locations in the amazing tropical paradise of Islamorada in the Florida Keys and in Coronado, a beautiful island in San Diego, is hiring for staff coaching positions ranging from 3 month internships to Senior Staff and Site Directors for experienced, professional coaches and everything in between. Currently we are looking to hire lead coaches based in San Diego, CA and Islamorada, FL.
The Race Club’s Primary Focus is on Swimming Technique and the Technical aspects of swimming. This non-traditional coaching position emphasizes teaching and the science of swimming where the coaching staff is expected to have or develop technical expertise and be on the cutting edge in the sport. This is a great opportunity to launch your coaching career to the next level by learning from world-renowned coaches and world-class athletes while applying proven fundamental progressions to a diverse population of swimmers.
Our Coaches must have a passion for swimming, curiosity and a likable personality with the ability to communicate positively and effectively with others. Swimming experience and success as a coach counts, however, all experience levels of coaches will be considered. Applicants should have talents, skills, experience and/or education outside the sport that effectively demonstrate intellect and capacity to learn. Specific skills in computer science, social media, technology, graphic arts, marketing and business administration are particularly valuable.
Benefits. Every day on the pool deck as a Race Club Coach is a step into the lab to learn at the highest level in the sport, develop and practice your coaching skills, both technical and interactive. Off of the deck, you will have the ability to contribute to building the preeminent swimming organization in the world. Opportunities for significant additional income, international exposure, and growth in a dynamic leader in the sport will be available for the best members of our staff. We are also a leader in swimming social media and online delivery of services, making a coaching position with the Race Club one of the most technologically innovative opportunities for coaches in the sport.
Join the Family. If you, or someone you know, is interested in this unique opportunity of coaching/teaching positions, please contact us. Email your resume to [email protected]
with Fork Union Military Academy
Fork Union Military Academy is seeking a Director of Aquatics, Swimming and Diving Coach for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Benefits include a retirement plan, health, dental, life insurance and meals provided depending on the shift. The Academy is a Christian male boarding and day school that attracts students from more than 30 states and 15 foreign countries. The Academy offers our students a college preparatory curriculum in a military-style environment.
The individual will serve as FUMA’s Director of Aquatics with responsibility for the overall management and operation of the competition facility. This will include pool programming and administration of camps, pool rentals, learn-to-swim programs, and scheduling of lifeguards. He/she will also serve as Head Coach of Swimming & Diving for Fork Union Military Academy (grades 7- Post Graduate) and Head Coach for Fork Union Aquatic Club, a USA-Swimming club team comprised of FUMA students. Due to the success of our previous coaches we have placed swimmers in various colleges swim programs including prestigious division 1 institutions. FUMA had one swimming alum who competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
Successful candidates should possess:
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Life Guarding, Life Guarding Instructor, CPR and WSI Instructor Certifications required
- Strong competitive background in swimming
- 3 or more years coaching experience on the USA Swimming Senior National and Junior National level OR coaching at NCAA Division I championship level
- Strong relationships with ASCA, USA Swimming, and NISCA
- Experience and ability to manage aquatic facility
- ASCA Level Three coach or higher desired
- Successful track record of hosting meets with strong knowledge of H.S. and USA Swimming meet protocol
- Ability to successfully integrate the swimming program into Academy environment
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of boarding life such as study hall and student advising
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Teaching certification a plus
- Strong ability to communicate with our young men
- Dedication and commitment to Fork Union Military Academy’s mission statement.
with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Coaches to assist with growing our team. We are a Coach-owned, coach led swim club in NW Austin. We own a brand new 50 meter by 25 yard indoor swim center. We own our water!
Our coaching staff comes from all over the country bringing thought leadership to our deck. Come join a swim club that’s is making a mark on USA Swimming!
Duties and skills of an Assistant Coach include but are not limited to:
Teaching proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics,
Overseeing workouts for all practice ages and groups,
Attending all meets and team events,
Interacting effectively with parents,
Keeping records and reports as directed by the Head Coach, Head Group Coach
Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices
Following team, USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations,
Modeling proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers, and
Exhibiting daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
Pay will be commensurate with prior coaching experience.
No later than July 21, 2017, candidates should have the minimum USA Swimming certifications. A copy of each certification will need to be provided. For course equivalents, please refer to the USA Swimming Coaches Membership Requirements.
This position will ultimately report directly to the the Head Coach. Daily work assignments and / or communicating with your group may be directed by one of our senior assistant coaches.
with Coral Springs Swim Club
Senior Developmental Group Coaching Position:
Responsibilities: The Senior developmental group coach is responsible for groups of children ages 13-18. The coach is responsible for developing seasonal plans for his/her group, as well as writing daily work outs according to club philosophies. The coach will emphasize teaching teenagers a high level of swimming technique and instilling good work ethics, striving for success at the age group level. Season plan must be presented to the Head Coach at the beginning of every season. Workouts must be posted online on a daily basis.
Requirements: The individual should be a high energy, positive person, displaying good communication skills, working well with swimmers, parents and other coaching staff. The coach should also be familiar with using HY-Tek Meet Manager. The individual should have at least 3 years of coaching experience with USA Swimming. The coach must have successfully completed the background check, CPR/AED training, safety training for swim coaches and safe sport (athlete protection) program, and must be in good standings with USA Swimming.
Senior coach will be working with swimmers to compete at Junior Olympics, Senior Championships, Sectionals and FHSAA high school season.
This is a part-time position. Professional development is a possibility, after a certain period of time and satisfactory performance. Salary is competitive (commensurate with qualifications and experience) and further opportunities exist for technique lessons and working camps. The position is available immediately, but will be filled by the most qualified and fitting applicant.
Practice times are from: 4:00-6:00pm (Monday through Friday) during the school year. Practice schedule during the summer months change to 7:30am-9:30am (Monday through Friday). Practice times may change during the course of the year.
with MetroWest Aquatic Club (MAC-NE)
Head Coach Position Available
The MetroWest Aquatic Club (MAC-NE), a Level 2 recognized club, is a technically based United States Swimming registered club with approximately 125 swimmers and 8 coaches. A coach owned club, MAC is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated head coach to direct the operation and continued development of the club. MAC encourages collaboration across its coaching staff and actively promotes an environment of involvement, development, and professionalism so that both a coach and a swimmer have the constant opportunity to reach his or her potential.
MAC swimmers have access to two 6 lane, 25 yard college/university pools that are three miles apart and within nine and twelve miles of the city of Boston, respectively.
The head coach of the MetroWest Aquatic Club is responsible for administering the entire swimming operation of the club in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the New England LSC and USA-S. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal planning, meet scheduling, coordinating the effective and efficient execution of daily workouts, overseeing swimmer and coach development, providing oversight of the coaching staff, and in fostering communication amongst all families and staff members. These responsibilities should be done in detail, with careful thought, and under the professional standards set forth by the swimming community.
General Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Extensive knowledge of competitive swimming, the physics of swimming, stroke mechanics, age appropriate dryland training techniques, USA-S and NCAA swimming rules and regulations
- Proficiency in TeamUnify, Hy-Tek Meet Manager, and basic Microsoft Office products
- All requirements to be a registered USA-S coach must be current and maintained
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain genuine relationships with swimmers, parents, and colleagues within the sport
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group swimmers, parents, and colleagues within the sport
- Must possess the organizational skills required to effectively manage the operations of a USA-S club
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the operation of a seasonal plan so that each of the following are properly executed:
- Develop appropriate competition schedule for each level of the club
- Practice planning, scheduling and execution as outlined in the training cycle
- Proper practice and meet staffing
- Timely and efficient meet entry procedures
- Monitoring that the skill development of the swimmers (across the entire club) are maintained on an acceptable and desirable trajectory
- Monitoring the staff for professionalism and satisfactory development as a coach
- Fostering efficient communication across the staff, families, and swimmers
- Developing agendas for, and conducting, timely staff and parent meetings
- Monitoring training group workouts for proper context within the club’s layered training group structure
- Drive the approval, acquisition and use of training equipment as needed
- Proper oversight and involvement at all training sites and with all training groups
Competitive annual salary offered for this position. MAC is looking for a candidate available for the start of short course season in September, 2017.
with Tufts University Athletics
Assistant Coach – Tufts University – Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving – (17001343)
This is an academic year position, at 44 weeks per year.
Tufts University is a member of the Division III National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 20 varsity sports, as well as a number of intramural and club sports.
Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department, which offers various for-credit physical fitness courses, and the Personalized Performance Program for students, staff, and faculty. The department manages all athletics facilities including the state of the art Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, which opened in 2012.
The Assistant Coach works with the Head Coach to coach student athletes for assigned sport. S/he assists with determining team/game strategies, monitoring performance of student athletes and ensuring adherence to conference and university rules and guidelines.
- Instruct and coach team members individually and in groups.
- Assess performance needs and develop plans.Assist in planning and coaching practice sessions.
- Assist in development of game/meet strategy and position assignments.
- Ensure adherence to all association, conference and university rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- May assist with recruitment of prospective student athletes and ensure timely submission of records for admission.
- May assist with marketing and promotion of program as well as fundraising activities.
- May assist with other program operations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching experience or athletic experience in the sport working both collaboratively and independently on various projects.
Any questions, please contact Head Coach Adam Hoyt ([email protected])
with East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 983004
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Swimming recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Swimming program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Swimming program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Swimming program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required. Prior collegiate swimming participation and/or coaching experience also required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see “Application Types Accepted” below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983004 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86287
with Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
While pursuing graduate studies, the Graduate Assistant will be assigned duties as an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Responsibilities include planning and implementing practices, mentoring student-athletes, recruiting, adhering to NCAA rules, and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Graduate programs are available at Indiana State University.
with Privately Searching Swim Club in Southern California
This USA Swim Team located in Southern California is privately and discretely searching for a Head Coach.
The Head Coach will be responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the swim club, including the swim team, swim lesson programs and summer rec teams. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and resourceful and able to leap buildings in a single bound. We offer a competitive salary including, education allowance, travel expense reimbursement, 6 personal/sick days per year and two weeks for vacation.
- Create seasonal meet schedules
- Lead the team to success through example, coaching and management skills
- Create and implement practice and training plans
- Track and monitor success of athletes, coaches and team
- Supervise and direct assistant coaching staff and parental volunteers
- Manage, direct and review administrative functions such as athlete registrations, billing, and meet entries
- Assure all data on the teams Team Unify website is kept accurate and up to date
- Work directly with the Board of Directors to insure the success of the team
- Directly coach the top group(s) of the program
Qualifications should include:
- Minimum ASCA Level 3 certification
- USA Swimming coaching credentials
- Proficient in all aspects of the Team Unify web platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent manager, motivator and coach