with King’s College
King’s College (PA) is seeking qualified applicants for position of Swimming Intern for Men’s & Women’s Swimming.
To provide assistance to the Head Coach in areas of the program including, but not limited to, recruiting, practice, competition, travel, and fundraising. Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Acceptance into the Graduate Program if wishing to take graduate classes. Previous experience competing at the college level preferred. Applicants must also be certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding upon hiring.
This position will provide a Stipend, Housing, Meals, and Graduate classes in the future if desired.
with Manhattan College Swim and Dive Team
May include but not limited to: Manage and direct the program to include recruitment of qualified student-athletes. Meet and practice scheduling, direction of practices, teaching and demonstrating coaching skills. Supporting student-athlete academic success. Develop championship teams, while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Builds and sustains positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty, alumni, and staff. Represents the College positively when interacting with community, alumni, high school, club coaches, and media.
with The Greater Montgomery YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Montgomery Barracudas is seeking a motivated, skilled, and pro-active Age Group Coach for its year-round competitive swim team program. With over 35 years of excellence in and outside the pool, we are seeking a coach who will live and teach through the YMCA core values and mission.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for swimming and the drive to develop young swimmers and desire to take further steps in his/her professional development. The Age Group Coach will be leading the 12& Under group as well as our pre-development program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, write and facilitate practices and track attendance
- Communicate daily with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Complete meet entries and attend swim meets (1-2 per month) as guided by the Head Coach
- Develop and execute training plans to achieve season goals based on the philosophy and the long-term vision of the program
- Assist in developing coaches as well as participating in community YMCA projects, team activities, and team planning.
- Actively and positively promote MYB and YMCA of Greater Montgomery and the sport of swimming in the community
- CPR, AED, First Aid and Lifeguard certified
- Club coaching experience with a variety of age groups preferred.
- Strong communication skills and administrative skills
- Swimming technical expertise is a must.
- Must be in good standings with all USA Swimming safety requirements
with COTO Swimming
COTO Swimming is a team of approximately 80 members located in Coto de Caza, California. COTO is a member of Southern California Swimming. We are looking to fill an Age Group Coaching position, with the best candidate possible to fit our team. Candidate will be working primarily with 10 & under athletes, and consists of 10-15 hours of coaching Monday – Friday, including occasional weekend swim meets.
- Report to the Head Coach.
- Teach proper swimming technique and train 10 & under athletes.
- Communicate effectively with other coaches, swimmers and parents.
- Attend all required meets.
- Meet entries and other administrative responsibilities.
- Competitive swimming experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any field.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Be in a good standing with SCS and USA Swimming.
- Detail oriented.
Our Season starts on Tuesday, September 5th. We are hoping to have a coach begin as close to that date as possible. However position will remain open until filled.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
with NL Aquatic Center
We are currently seeking Daytime and Head Lifeguards to join our team. Must be willing to work days (obviously) show initiative and delegate responsibilities as needed. Free membership to our brand new, state of the art facility is included! This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to pursue a career in aquatics. Our facility includes a 12 lane competition pool, a Swimex PT pool with underwater cameras, and a soon to be completed lesson pool.
with EXOS in Partnership with the Bryan Glazer JCC
WHERE WE’RE LOCATED:
- Bryan Glazer JCC – South Howard – Tampa, FL
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain watch over the pool area ensuring a secure and safe environment
- Employ accident prevention by enforcing pool rules and regulations
- Respond to all injuries, incidents, and emergencies as directed by club policy
- Teach private & group swim lesson to kids and adults of all abilities
- Assist in the development, implementation, and marketing of innovative swim programs
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain the certification at the time of hire.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification or the ability to obtain the certification at the time of hire
- Prior experience lifeguarding or teaching swim lessons
with YMCA at Pabst Farms
FLSA: Part Time, Non-exempt, (Available Practices are Monday through Friday, early evenings, with various weekend swim meets)
REPORT TO: Swim Team Head Coach
RESPONSIBILITIES: (partial listing)
- Develop positive relationships with participants and provide motivational support and guidance.
- Coach individual swimmers on proper stroke techniques, encouraging each team member to reach their potential.
- Model and explain appropriate sportsmanship.
- Address and redirect inappropriate sportsmanship.
- Maintain records and participant communications as requested by Head Coach (i.e. practice schedule, swim meet entries, awards, etc).
- Prepare pool and facilities for usage, clean up and close down after practice and events.
- At the discretion of the Head Coach, attend staff meetings, workshops and seminars to increase knowledge and skills.
Individuals in this job must be at least 18 years of age and have the following abilities: demonstrated ability to teach the development of swimming skills; instruct and observe proper stroke techniques; motivate and effectively communicate with members and parents; intermediate PC skills; exercise mature judgment and sound decision-making; effectively communicate information of YMCA programs to members and participants; stay alert to potential safety and security problems; get along with people of diverse backgrounds; lift a minimum of 50 lbs and have full range of body movement. Blood Borne Pathogens and Child Abuse Prevention certifications must be obtained and maintained.
For more information, contact supervisor listed above or HR at (262) 567-7251. APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE AT MEMBER SERVICE DESK or online at www.ymcaatpabstfarms.org
with Commonwealth Current
Boston based Commonwealth Swimming is hiring a Full Time Assistant Coach to work with our team of 75 swimmers aged 7-18. We are a small team with a close-knit staff and lofty goals. This year the team qualified 10% for Futures, 20% for Sectionals, and 50% for our LSC Championships, and we hope to build on that success as we head into our third year.
Position: Full Time Assistant Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equitable experience.
- USA Swimming background check and coaching certification in good standing.
- Availability for Early AM, Evenings and Weekends.
- Ability to assist at all sites (All are MBTA accessible, car is easier).
- CPR/Safety Training certifications up to date.
- Experience with Learn-To-Swim programing.
- Must be energetic and engaging.
- Must be a self-starter who also takes direction from Head Coach.
Ideal candidate has:
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages.
- Interest in working with all levels.
- Willingness to learn, grow, experiment.
- Personal competitive experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of Hy-Tek and Team Unify software.
- Assist in designing and administering designated practices.
- Attend meets as directed, including travel meets about 6 times a year.
- Coordinating training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach. A primary focus on technique, skill development and long term athlete development is a must.
- General administrative duties.
- Recruitment, retention and athletic development plans for new athletes.
- Swim America Learn-To-Swim program coordination, recruitment and growth. This includes LTS staff management.
- Parent education and communication on all aspects of long term athletic development; roles and responsibilities of parents, swimmers and coaches; individual athletic plans.
- Maintain good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming.
Commensurate with experience, benefit package included.
with JCC of Greater Boston
Competitive Swim Club Needs Coach!
Karishim Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA, is looking for an Age Group Coach
to help team members develop strong values, build self-esteem and meet their full potential.
KASC swimmers participate in the highly competitive New England USA Swimming League and the less
competitive JCC League, and have won the JCC championship every year since 2013. Karishim swimmers have
qualified in the top 10 in New England.
KASC is seeking a professional, enthusiastic and positive coach committed to the sport of swimming and
coaching. Effective teaching and communication skills are required, as is a USA Swimming certification or
willingness and ability to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment.
Age Group Coach responsibilities include:
• Planning, scheduling and leading group practices incorporating the USRPT training method
• Submitting all written practices to the Head Coach at the beginning of each week during the
training phase of employment
• Coaching and assisting at both USA and JCC swim meets
• Assisting the Head Coach in drafting information pertaining to swimmers
• Potentially helping determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
Starting salary is in the range of $20/hour with potential to make $50/hour teaching private lessons for
team swimmers and/or other swim program participants.
with YMCA of Greater Brandywine (Lionville Branch)
with Randolph YMCA
The Randolph YMCA is currently looking for experienced and knowledgeable swim coaches to add to our staff. We are located in Randolph, NJ. This is a part-time position. Opportunities to work with both age group and senior groups are available based on prior experience. As a member of our coaching staff, you will be expected to attend practices and meets. Compensation will be based on experience level.
with Club Wolverine
Club Wolverine is currently hiring an Assistant Swim Coach for our Brighton, MI location. This position starts September 5th, 2017 and involves 12-20 hours a week of coaching. Practices are held in the evenings with meets on the weekends.
- Learn and be able to implement Club Wolverine’s teaching progressions
- Coach and teach in a fun, positive manner
- Conduct self as a professional
- Attend coaches meetings
- Current USA Swimming membership certifications
with Greater Toledo Aquatic Club
The Greater Toledo Aquatic Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 50 years, is seeking applicants for the position of Age Group Assistant Coach. The Greater Toledo Aquatic Club trains in Toledo, OH at St. Francis de Sales High School. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, is focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental level swimmers ranging in age between 6-10 years old. This position will require 3 late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends.
- Previous Coaching Experience Preferred but will train the right candidate
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming Coach Member
- Enthusiastic, Energetic, Positive Role Model, Team-Oriented, Good Communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
Pay is based upon experience and will be an hourly wage. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
with Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics (PEAQ)
Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics (PEAQ) is currently seeking to fill several coaching positions.
A Junior/Senior Coach to work with 13 & over swimmers. This position would also have the potential to work with the Upper St. Clair School District and the Chartiers Valley School District as a high school and/or middle school coach.
An age group coach to work with 12& under swimmers.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following qualifications:
- Experience with a USA Swimming or YMCA competitive swimming program with a team of at least 100+ swimmers ages 7 to 18 is preferred but not required
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies
- Strong communications skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Experience competing at the collegiate level is preferred but not required
- All required USA Swimming certifications and background checks must be obtained prior to start date
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating and implementing practices that maximize the abilities of all swimmers. This is a part-time position with hourly wages and the rate is commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. Candidate must be available to work weekends.
with Westchester Aquatic Club
Westchester Aquatic Club is seeking qualified applicants for the following position: FULL-TIME AGE GROUP / SENIOR COACH who is energetic, knowledgeable, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. Candidates must be able to work as part of a coaching team and with one or more groups in the age-group and senior programs.
Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
3 + years of USA coaching experience preferred.
Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups 4 hours per day, and some mornings (as needed).
Strong stroke technique background & teaching base.
Strong customer service and decision making skills.
Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Must take direction from the Head Coach but have the ability to work independently.
Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
Must be energetic, give positive feedback daily to every swimmer, and a self-starter.
Experience with workout and season planning.
Experience with Dryland Training.
Coach in good standing with USA Swimming with clear background check
Current CPR/Safety Training certifications
Passed USA Swimming’s Athlete Protection Training
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience