with Waterloo Swimming
Waterloo Swimming is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Coaches to assist with growing our team. We are a Coach-owned, coach led swim club in NW Austin. We own a brand new 50 meter by 25 yard indoor swim center. We own our water!
Our coaching staff comes from all over the country bringing thought leadership to our deck. Come join a swim club that’s is making a mark on USA Swimming!
Duties and skills of an Assistant Coach include but are not limited to:
Teaching proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics,
Overseeing workouts for all practice ages and groups,
Attending all meets and team events,
Interacting effectively with parents,
Keeping records and reports as directed by the Head Coach, Head Group Coach
Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices
Following team, USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations,
Modeling proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers, and
Exhibiting daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
Pay will be commensurate with prior coaching experience.
No later than July 21, 2017, candidates should have the minimum USA Swimming certifications. A copy of each certification will need to be provided. For course equivalents, please refer to the USA Swimming Coaches Membership Requirements.
This position will ultimately report directly to the the Head Coach. Daily work assignments and / or communicating with your group may be directed by one of our senior assistant coaches.
with Coral Springs Swim Club
Senior Developmental Group Coaching Position:
Responsibilities: The Senior developmental group coach is responsible for groups of children ages 13-18. The coach is responsible for developing seasonal plans for his/her group, as well as writing daily work outs according to club philosophies. The coach will emphasize teaching teenagers a high level of swimming technique and instilling good work ethics, striving for success at the age group level. Season plan must be presented to the Head Coach at the beginning of every season. Workouts must be posted online on a daily basis.
Requirements: The individual should be a high energy, positive person, displaying good communication skills, working well with swimmers, parents and other coaching staff. The coach should also be familiar with using HY-Tek Meet Manager. The individual should have at least 3 years of coaching experience with USA Swimming. The coach must have successfully completed the background check, CPR/AED training, safety training for swim coaches and safe sport (athlete protection) program, and must be in good standings with USA Swimming.
Senior coach will be working with swimmers to compete at Junior Olympics, Senior Championships, Sectionals and FHSAA high school season.
This is a part-time position. Professional development is a possibility, after a certain period of time and satisfactory performance. Salary is competitive (commensurate with qualifications and experience) and further opportunities exist for technique lessons and working camps. The position is available immediately, but will be filled by the most qualified and fitting applicant.
Practice times are from: 4:00-6:00pm (Monday through Friday) during the school year. Practice schedule during the summer months change to 7:30am-9:30am (Monday through Friday). Practice times may change during the course of the year.
with MetroWest Aquatic Club (MAC-NE)
Head Coach Position Available
The MetroWest Aquatic Club (MAC-NE), a Level 2 recognized club, is a technically based United States Swimming registered club with approximately 125 swimmers and 8 coaches. A coach owned club, MAC is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated head coach to direct the operation and continued development of the club. MAC encourages collaboration across its coaching staff and actively promotes an environment of involvement, development, and professionalism so that both a coach and a swimmer have the constant opportunity to reach his or her potential.
MAC swimmers have access to two 6 lane, 25 yard college/university pools that are three miles apart and within nine and twelve miles of the city of Boston, respectively.
The head coach of the MetroWest Aquatic Club is responsible for administering the entire swimming operation of the club in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the New England LSC and USA-S. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal planning, meet scheduling, coordinating the effective and efficient execution of daily workouts, overseeing swimmer and coach development, providing oversight of the coaching staff, and in fostering communication amongst all families and staff members. These responsibilities should be done in detail, with careful thought, and under the professional standards set forth by the swimming community.
General Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Extensive knowledge of competitive swimming, the physics of swimming, stroke mechanics, age appropriate dryland training techniques, USA-S and NCAA swimming rules and regulations
- Proficiency in TeamUnify, Hy-Tek Meet Manager, and basic Microsoft Office products
- All requirements to be a registered USA-S coach must be current and maintained
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain genuine relationships with swimmers, parents, and colleagues within the sport
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group swimmers, parents, and colleagues within the sport
- Must possess the organizational skills required to effectively manage the operations of a USA-S club
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the operation of a seasonal plan so that each of the following are properly executed:
- Develop appropriate competition schedule for each level of the club
- Practice planning, scheduling and execution as outlined in the training cycle
- Proper practice and meet staffing
- Timely and efficient meet entry procedures
- Monitoring that the skill development of the swimmers (across the entire club) are maintained on an acceptable and desirable trajectory
- Monitoring the staff for professionalism and satisfactory development as a coach
- Fostering efficient communication across the staff, families, and swimmers
- Developing agendas for, and conducting, timely staff and parent meetings
- Monitoring training group workouts for proper context within the club’s layered training group structure
- Drive the approval, acquisition and use of training equipment as needed
- Proper oversight and involvement at all training sites and with all training groups
Competitive annual salary offered for this position. MAC is looking for a candidate available for the start of short course season in September, 2017.
with Tufts University Athletics
Assistant Coach – Tufts University – Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving – (17001343)
This is an academic year position, at 44 weeks per year.
Tufts University is a member of the Division III National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 20 varsity sports, as well as a number of intramural and club sports.
Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department, which offers various for-credit physical fitness courses, and the Personalized Performance Program for students, staff, and faculty. The department manages all athletics facilities including the state of the art Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, which opened in 2012.
The Assistant Coach works with the Head Coach to coach student athletes for assigned sport. S/he assists with determining team/game strategies, monitoring performance of student athletes and ensuring adherence to conference and university rules and guidelines.
- Instruct and coach team members individually and in groups.
- Assess performance needs and develop plans.Assist in planning and coaching practice sessions.
- Assist in development of game/meet strategy and position assignments.
- Ensure adherence to all association, conference and university rules by athletes and supporting staff.
- May assist with recruitment of prospective student athletes and ensure timely submission of records for admission.
- May assist with marketing and promotion of program as well as fundraising activities.
- May assist with other program operations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching experience or athletic experience in the sport working both collaboratively and independently on various projects.
Any questions, please contact Head Coach Adam Hoyt ([email protected])
with East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 983004
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Swimming recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Swimming program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Swimming program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Swimming program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required. Prior collegiate swimming participation and/or coaching experience also required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see “Application Types Accepted” below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983004 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86287
with Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
While pursuing graduate studies, the Graduate Assistant will be assigned duties as an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Responsibilities include planning and implementing practices, mentoring student-athletes, recruiting, adhering to NCAA rules, and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Graduate programs are available at Indiana State University.
with Privately Searching Swim Club in Southern California
This USA Swim Team located in Southern California is privately and discretely searching for a Head Coach.
The Head Coach will be responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the swim club, including the swim team, swim lesson programs and summer rec teams. Qualified applicants should be highly motivated and resourceful and able to leap buildings in a single bound. We offer a competitive salary including, education allowance, travel expense reimbursement, 6 personal/sick days per year and two weeks for vacation.
- Create seasonal meet schedules
- Lead the team to success through example, coaching and management skills
- Create and implement practice and training plans
- Track and monitor success of athletes, coaches and team
- Supervise and direct assistant coaching staff and parental volunteers
- Manage, direct and review administrative functions such as athlete registrations, billing, and meet entries
- Assure all data on the teams Team Unify website is kept accurate and up to date
- Work directly with the Board of Directors to insure the success of the team
- Directly coach the top group(s) of the program
Qualifications should include:
- Minimum ASCA Level 3 certification
- USA Swimming coaching credentials
- Proficient in all aspects of the Team Unify web platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent manager, motivator and coach
with University of Mount Union
Essential Job Functions Include:
Team management, Recruiting (correspondence & travel), assistance in planning and coaching all phases of the program (practice, dryland, lifting), individual evaluation and technique instruction, meet preparation (line-up & software), statistics and general office needs.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, strong knowledge of stroke techniques, collegiate swimming experience, previous coaching experience, training methods and ideas, ability to understand and motivate athletes
Preferred: Collegiate coaching experience, Master’s Degree, experience and knowledge of recruiting
with Coeur d'Alene Area Swim Team
The Coeur d’Alene Area Swim Team (CAST, IES) is looking to hire an age group
coach with a sincere love of coaching to complement our staff of coaches. CAST
trains at the Kroc Center in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho an area considered by
many to be one of the most scenic and affordable areas in the United States. We are
140-150 swimmers strong with a stable pool situation and coaching staff that enjoys
working with one another. CAST has risen to the top of our LSC and has developed a
reputation for turning out remarkably successful group of collegiate swimmers. We
are looking for a coach with an eye for detail and focuses on teaching proper stroke
technique, can coach all levels of our team, and assist with team activities and meets.
We have an open-water swimming component in the summer so a willingness to
help with this is a must. Our team invests in its coaches as well as our swimmers,
ongoing coach’s education is paid for by the team, and we support our swimmers
and coaches at every level they rise to. The position is full time and pay depends on
with Orange Regional Competitive Aquatics (ORCA)
The age-group coach we are looking for will be responsible for coaching two, one-hour groups of approximately fifteen 10 and under competitive team swimmers. We are looking for a hands-on coach who is able to motivate and teach proper technique of all four strokes, dives and turns, and make swimming fun yet challenging to young swimmers. Candidates must be USA Swimming certified coaches.
with Henderson State University Red Wave Swimming and Diving
HENDERSON STATE UNIVERSITY
Graduate Assistant Position – Diving
|Henderson State University is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to serve as a graduate assistant for the HSU Red Wave Diving teams in Arkadelphia, AR. This individual will serve both the men’s and women’s diving programs. Henderson State is a member of the New South Intercollegiate Swimming and Diving Conference (NSISC) and competes as an NCAA Division ll program.
The Henderson pool will contains a one-meter and three-meter board and has 12 foot water depth. Each board is only a year old and in very good shape.
The graduate assistant will plan and execute the training for the divers both in and out of the pool, and assist the Head Diving & Swimming coach with administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes, recruiting, fundraising, planning of team travel, and assisting with home meets. The time commitment will be approximately 20 hours per week.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and acceptance into a Master’s program at Henderson State University is required.
Interviews will begin on about March 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested persons should send a letter of application, resume and at least 3 letters of recommendation to Coach Coak Matthews at HSU Box 7630, Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001 or email to [email protected].
with Williams College
Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming
Williams College, a Division III Institution and a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach of the nationally ranked Men’s and Women’s swimming programs. This is a 6 month position.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s coach is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Coach in all aspects of the program, including but not limited to player development, on deck coaching, assistance with seasonal and workout planning, assistance with dry-land training, recruiting, travel logistics, administrative as well as meet management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and past swimming/coaching experience required
- Successful candidates will be self motivated and possess the ability to teach and coach highly talented student-athletes in a challenging academic environment
- Knowledge and commitment to NCAA and NESCAC rules.
- Effective communication skills are required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Job Group 3-C.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The College is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/k2k8rsh5txbhqv32
with Alderson Broaddus University
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Athletic Director, this position is responsible for conducting all aspects of the swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Alderson Broaddus University, the NCAA, and the GMAC. Successful candidate must be committed to the mission of Alderson Broaddus University. Position begins August 1, 2017.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet assigned recruiting goals each year
- Maintain roster size each year
- Monitor the academic progress of the student athletes in the swimming program
- Ensure eligibility of student athletes in the swimming program
- Retain and graduate a satisfactory number of student athletes
- Monitor the social behavior of all coaches and student athletes in the swimming program
- Provide a program that is competitive at the GMAC level
- Create schedule and conduct practices
- Oversee budget, travel planning, and fundraising
- Assist SID and Director of marketing with marketing and communications materials
- Perform duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
- Participate in community and campus like opportunities
- Must be able to exercise good judgement and represent Alderson Broaddus University in a professional manner
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous college coaching experience
- Knowledge or experience in recruiting college athletes
Alaska Coaching Opportunity! Head Coach/Lifeguard Position in Beautiful Craig Alaska on Prince of Wales Island
with Craig Waverunners Swim Club
********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*******************************
Exciting employment opportunity in Craig Alaska! The Craig Waverunner Swim Club is in search of a new Head Swim Coach. The Waverunners are a parent owned and operated USA Swimming Club. The position is hired through the City of Craig, Alaska and the job position includes being the Head Swim Coach, Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor at the Craig Aquatic Center.
The City of Craig offers competitive wages and a very good benefit package, including health insurance. In addition to the City of Craig hourly wage, the Waverunners pay a $500.00 monthly stipend. The Craig High School and a small local Masters team are also looking for coaches and can be combined with this position for additional compensation. We understand that relocating is costly and the swim club will reimburse up to $1000.00 for moving costs. Half will be paid upon arrival and the additional payment will be given after six months of employment.
The Waverunners are a small club with approximately 30 swimmers. We attend 6-8 swim meets per year which offers exciting travel opportunity throughout the state. The Head Coach travels with the team via jet boat, ferry and float plane. All travel is paid for by the team.
Craig Alaska is located on Prince of Wales Island in southeast Alaska. Prince of Wales is an incredibly beautiful place with a multitude of outdoor recreation possibilities, including: boating, fishing, kayaking, wildlife viewing, hiking, camping and hunting. For additional information about Prince of Wales, please visit our Chamber of Commerce website http://www.princeofwalescoc.org
The position will be open until filled.
with Norwich University
Norwich University Job Posting: Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach