with Germantown Swim Team
***********This position has been filled*********
Germantown Swim Team (GST) is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach/Head Site Coach. GST is a non-profit, city owned, coach run and parent supported competitive swim club based in Germantown, TN, a suburb of Memphis, TN, which has a satellite program in Jackson, TN. We are an age-group based program with 170+ swimmers ages 5 and up, from the beginning swimmer to the Junior National level. The Jackson branch has approximately 50 swimmers and tremendous potential for growth. The closest teams to the satellite program are over 80 miles away.
The position is a full-time position heading up our satellite program and will involve coaching and/or overseeing all groups, as well as developing and implementing a dry-land program, administrative responsibilities and oversight of the entire site and coaching staff. Pay will be based on experience but additional income opportunities are available by establishing and running programs like a Masters group.
Potential candidates should understand the importance of educating swimmers and families about the roles and value of technical excellence, commitment, and competition in high-level performance. Applicants should have a competitive swimming background and at least 3-5 years coaching experience, strong organizational and seasonal planning skills, the ability to communicate effectively with swimmers and parents and the ability to lead, support, and follow depending on the situation. A working knowledge of Hytek Team Manager, Meet Manager,Team Unify and EXCEL is beneficial. All applicants must have or be in the process of getting these certifications; CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety Training. Potential candidates will also have to have passed or be able to pass USA Swimming background check and the athlete protection program.
This job is perfect for that coach looking for his/her first Head Coaching position.
– Job will remain open until filled
– Pay is competitive and will be commensurate with experience
– Start Date: As soon as possible
with Calhoun Aquatic Center
Administrative duties to assure a safe and efficient aquatic program and facility. This includes direct supervision of personnel and programs as well as taking an active role in those programs as an instructor, lifeguard, cashier, and maintenance person when necessary.
Primary Goal: Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise staff, lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, and aquatic instructors in developing and managing revenue producing aquatic programs. Assisting with the department’s safety training and emergency action plans. Assists with providing overall leadership for the CAC staff in the development and implementation of aquatic programs and services for CCS and it’s community.
Have a direct impact on the continued effectiveness and the quality of aquatic programs offered at the CAC. This effectiveness can be measured by: 1) The perceived quality of programs and services by aquatics and the community. 2) The number of activities running in our community for youth, teens, and adults. 3) The increased enlistment of new volunteers and members
with Texas Gold Swimming Georgetown
ASSISTANT COACH – TEXAS GOLD SWIMMING GEORGETOWN
Texas Gold Swimming Georgetown (GOLD) Is looking for an Assistant Coach to help build a great swim program. We are looking for an energetic and organized individual who can help teach technical fundamentals to new swimmers as well as help make our experience swimmers even better.
Georgetown, Texas was established in 1848 and was recently named the “Fastest Growing City in the U.S.”, Georgetown is home to just over 58,000 people. It is the perfect balance of “small town charm” with all the conveniences of larger cities.
Qualified candidates should have competitive swimming experience (collegiate experience a plus), and/or coaching experience at the age-group level. Essential qualifications include: strong communication skills, enthusiasm, patience, commitment and dedication, maturity, ability to provide constructive, proper stroke technique feedback to athletes of all abilities, and focus on positive attitudes, good sportsmanship, and fun. Salary is hourly and will be determined based on experience.
GOLD is a competitive swim club serving over 75 year-round swimmers ranging from ages 4 – 18. Practices are from 5:00 – 8:00pm Monday – Friday, Saturday 6:00 – 9:30am. Texas Gold has (2) 25 yard pools (1 indoor / 1 outdoor) and (1) 50 meter pool (outdoor) available and therefore we have excellent room for growth!
with Batesville Parks and Recreation - City of Batesville
Summary: The Aquatics Coordinator will manage the operations and programs of the Aquatic Department at the Batesville Community Center. Responsible for supervising water safety instruction, lifeguard, water aerobics instructors, and others assigned by the Parks Director. Must demonstrate a strong personal commitment to the mission and goals of the Batesville Parks and Recreation Department while carrying out their assigned responsibilities in accordance with City of Batesville Policies and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
Plan, schedule, supervise and coordinate the operations of the City of Batesville aquatics programs; plan and direct recreation activities, athletic events, sporting events, games, classes and special events; evaluate and analyze issues and recommend solutions; assure activities are in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations, goals and safety standards.
Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of assigned aquatics staff; plan, prioritize and assign tasks; orient and train staff, conduct in-service training, monitor work and evaluate performance; coach and instruct employees as required; establish and enforce work methods, procedures and standards.
Assure that staff maintains safe, playable and aesthetically pleasing aquatics recreation venues and events and adhere to policies and procedures for efficient and safe operations.
Coordinate and manage operations of City of Batesville aquatics programs; programs include aquatics venues and swimming pools, special events, classes, athletic contests and sports and wellness programs; organizes, promotes and evaluates diversified special events, alternative activities and special programs suited to the needs of participants and potential participants; allocates staff, supplies and equipment. Instructs classes and lifeguards as assigned / needed.
Monitors and recommends the maintenance of aquatics recreation venues, equipment, materials and other assets; inspect recreation program venues and pools, identifies conditions needing repair or maintenance and requests maintenance services.
Analyzes aquatics programs, operations and service delivery issues, reports all accidents and incidents and reports and recommends solutions to supervisor; evaluates existing programs for effectiveness and participation and recommends program revisions; reports and resolves complaints, requests safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
Maintains program accounting and administrative records, manages expenditures, tracks revenue and monitors budgets; oversees procurement activities for supplies and equipment in accordance with City of Batesville purchasing policies; prepares operational, statistical and financial reports on recreation programs, special events and cost recovery analysis.
Promotes, organizes and stimulates good relationships with neighborhood and community groups and other agencies; interprets and explains City of Batesville aquatics programs and philosophies to groups and individuals, community resources, committees, staff and volunteers; coordinates with other City of Batesville departments and community agencies.
Ensures staff certifications are current and all rules and regulations as set forth in the Department of Health code are met.
Supervise, evaluate and make recommendations with regards to staffing and disciplinary issues.
Supervise aquatics concessions, volunteers and instructors.
Schedule all reservations for use of the Batesville Community Center Indoor and Outdoor Aquatics Facilities.
Provide minor maintenance for the aquatics facility, purchase all chemicals, cleaning supplies and parts as needed.
Manage Batesville Torpedo Swim Team, provide instruction, schedule swim meets/practices and coordinate all financial and budget revisions.
Responsible for scheduling all required service calls on pool equipment.
Supervise and coordinate all activities such as swim lessons, water aerobics, deep water aerobics, swim team practices, swim meets, movie nights, triathlons and therapy sessions.
Assist community center staff with activities, sales and daily transactions, events and set-ups.
Directly supervises volunteers and program staff for the Parks and Recreation Adult and Youth Aquatics Programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: Assisting in the process of interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent four year degree or four years of experience in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from parents, sponsors, or the administrators of the grants which help to fund the program. Ability to create presentations and write articles for publication. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to enter information, create reports, and locate information in a database. Enter digital photographs and manipulate them to create flyers and posters.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Arkansas Driver’s License, Lifeguard Certification, Water Safety Instructor, Certified Pool Operator and/or Aquatic Facility Operator Certification
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to interface well with citizens, fellow employees, and city officials.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Ability to effectively supervise.
Ability to complete Assigned projects with a minimal amount of direct supervision
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift objects weighing 20 pounds.
This position requires the potential employee to live within a radius of ten contiguous land miles of The Batesville Community/Aquatics Center. Employee would have 30 days from hire date to comply.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work inside as well as in outdoor weather conditions. Due to the outdoor work necessary the employee may be exposed to wet, and / or humid conditions.
with TCU Swimming and Diving
TCU Swimming and Diving
Fort Worth, TX
Full Time Graduate Assistant Position August 15, 2017-May 15, 2019
Job Description: Two year appointment. Would serve as one of the six NCAA legislated countable coaches. Coaching and recruiting. Must possess a passion for learning and coaching swimming. Dry-land and weight training, Recruiting, Office hours and Organizational skills, On deck coaching, & Competent computer & internet skills required Word, Excel, Meet Manager and Social Media skills and knowledge. Knowledge of Daktronics Systems.
Opportunity to start after June 3rd as a temporary employee may be available.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year collegiate playing experience. Must apply to Graduate School at Texas Christian University for Fall 2017.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Valid driver’s license. Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
NCAA certified or the ability to become certified within 72 hours of hire. CPR certified.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Knowledge of the fundamental Swimming and Diving laws and principles.
– Knowledge with and familiarity of the NCAA Policies and Procedures.
– Skill in strong administrative, organizational and communication techniques.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
– Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
– Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
– Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
– Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
– Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
– Work is indoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
– There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
– The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
NOTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH NCAA REGULATIONS
This job description includes the expectation of compliance with NCAA regulations. An institutional staff member who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
Send resumes to TCU Head Coach Richard Sybesma [email protected]
with Mission Valley Aquatics / Lake Monsters
Position: Head Swim Coach
- Must be a registered coach with USA Swimming
- Must possess Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
- Lifeguard Certification preferred but not required
- Must possess current CPR and AED certifications
- Must possess a current First Aid certification
- Must have a minimum of ASCA certification level 2 (level 3 preferred) and the equivalent of 3 years coaching experience
- Must have knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager and Team Unified web-based team management system
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and have a proven record of responsibility
- Must be able to establish and maintain working relationships with board of directors, facility employees, parents of swimmers and the general public
Status: Part Time. Position may be combined with other part time work to contribute toward full time status.
Compensation: $14.00-$17.00/hour DOE
Schedule: Variable shifts. Weekends, morning & evenings necessary, approved meets
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Submit letter of interest and resume to Jeff at [email protected] Feel free to call or stop by as well.
Summary of Work:
The Head Swim Coach plays an integral part in the continuum of quality swim instruction at Mission Valley Aquatics, providing a positive environment where each swimmer has the opportunity to reach their potential as a swimmer technically, physically, and mentally.
Please request a complete job description from Jeff at P.O.box 774 Polson Montana 59860.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume and letter of interest to [email protected]
MISSION VALLEY AQUATICS DIRECTOR
309 Ridgewater Dr
Polson, MT 59860
with University of Arkansas Athletic Department
The Department of Athletics at the University of Arkansas is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach.
The Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach will assist in all aspects of coaching the Swimming & Diving program.
The Assistant Coach will create daily, weekly and seasonal work out plans in conjunction with the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and develop each student athlete’s skill level with stroke technique and feedback. Proficiency in filming the student-athletes and reviewing, critiquing and improving their technique and stroke efficiency is essential.
This position will also serve as the recruiting coordinator and will oversee ordering and organizing equipment and team travel.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Three years of collegiate, USA Swimming Club, or International Swimming Club coaching experience
Experience as a collegiate head coach or associate head coach
Experience recruiting top ranked national and international prospective student athletes
Experience using HyTek
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
with Surrey Park Swimming Club - Australia
The Director of Coaching is responsible for the leadership, management and the efficient and effective execution of the SPSC coaching program including development and sustainment of a leading swimmer development program; achievement of operational excellence; the development of club spirit and culture; and the delivery of effective pool space.
The range of duties associated with this role comprises:
- Continuing the development and communication of the SPSC coaching program, including:
- Program content, including dry-land requirements
- Pool space utilisation
- Squad structures
- Staff selection, development, succession planning and maintenance of a cohesive coaching philosophy
- Development of efficient systems and processes that aid in achieving SPSC goals
- Facilitation of specialist support services e.g. physical trainers, dieticians, physiotherapists and sports psychologists.
- Identification of new initiatives and processes aligned to the Club Vision and Goals that add real competitive value and remove those that restrict performance
- Developing, leading and managing change in the swimming development program
- Developing and achieving effective and efficient pool space strategies
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attracting new swimmers, increasing swimmer retention, improving perception of value, improving swimming performance.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the strategic direction and business plans for SPSC.
- Continue to lead and further develop the coaching development program
- Actively participating in the development of the LTS program and the mentoring of LTS instructors to ensure the overall unity, integration and coherent development of all the swimmers and swimming programs
The position requires the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Gold Coaching licence or equivalent
- Membership of ASCTA (Vic)
- A current Working With Children Check (Vic)
- Australian Drivers licence
- Current pool lifeguard & First Aid Certificate
- Strength & Fitness coaching qualifications (desirable)
- Professional or vocational qualifications in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability in the development and delivery of age group coaching programs
- Demonstrated ability in development and delivery of a high performance coaching program
- Demonstrated experience in providing coaching support to national and international representative teams
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and influence people
An attractive salary package is available for the right person.
A Position Description can be provided on request.
In accordance with the Safe Sport Framework we require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening and background check process prior to appointment. Please refer to the Child Protection Commitment here
- Must be a registered coach with USA Swimming.
- Must possess Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification.
- Lifeguard Certification preferred but not required.
- Must possess current CPR and AED certifications.
- Must possess a current First Aid certification.
- Must have ASCA certification level 2 and the equivalent of 3 years coaching experience.
- Must demonstrate a high level of maturity and have a proven record of responsibility.
Compensation: Competitive Wage BOE
Schedule: Variable shifts. Weekends and evenings necessary.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Submit letter of interest, resume and references to Kristen by e-mailing [email protected]
with City of Berkeley
The City of Berkeley has an immediate opening for Aquatics Facilities Supervisor in our Parks, Recreation and Waterfront Department. This class is responsible for and assists in the operation and maintenance of all city pool sites. The Department’s Aquatics Swim Program offers two swim centers in different areas of the city. Programs include Red Cross Learn to Swim classes, Berkeley Aquatics Masters Swim Team, Berkeley Barracudas Swim Team, Family Swim, Fitness Workout, Independent Exercise, Lap Swim, Senior Disabled Quiet Swim, Senior Exercise, and Private/Semi-private Lessons.
with Golden West Swim Club
We are seeking a Head Age Group Coach and Age Group coaches for multiple competitive team groups. The groups vary in age. On deck coaching would include between 20-30 hours a week, as well as 1-2 weekend meets per month. The coaches will be responsible for season, weekly, daily planning, as well as maintaining the Team Unify program. The position has the potential to be full-time for interested and available candidates.
Desired Qualiﬁcations for Head Age Group:
- 10 years of Coaching and managerial experience with a proven record of success at all levels.
- Candidate must have current USA Swimming Coach Certiﬁcations.
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with Senior Level swimmers and parents.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Expertise with technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
Desired Qualiﬁcations for Age Group Coach:
- Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Candidate must have current USA Swimming Coach Certiﬁcations.
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Expertise with technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
There are also numerous additional coaching and administrative opportunities available for interested candidates. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
To ﬁnd out more about the program, please visit our website at goldenwestswimclub.org
with FINIS, Inc.
FINIS is looking for a Regional Business Development Representative to play a critical role in building relationships while maximizing sales opportunities with significant international customers. The position will be based at our headquarters, in Livermore, California, and will report to the Senior Director of Sales. As a Regional Business Development Representative, this person will represent our company and interact with major customers in Canada, Central and South America, the Oceanic region, and countries within the Southeast Asia market.
As a key contributor to the sales and marketing team, this individual needs a strong understanding of sales and marketing in the global environment. This position will work with all aspects of sales and marketing including market research, sales, social media, and event sponsorship. The ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments and cultures is necessary for this position. As this position will deal with foreign economies, politics, and culture on a daily basis, it’s highly desirable to be fluent in related foreign languages (Spanish preferably). Sound like you? Great. Tell us your story! We are excited to learn why you would be a good fit with our team.
- Responsible for driving product revenue and optimizing the FINIS brand presence in assigned territory
- Responsible for the development and achievement of new business while growing existing accounts in key international markets
- Achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Identify and achieve new business within assigned territory
- Educate customer base of all FINIS products with a strong focus on new product launches
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Provide customers access to FINIS marketing collateral for greatest impact
- Develop innovative campaigns and promotions to drive product revenue
- Consult with the customer base in each market on how to grow the FINIS brand
- Build relationships with the customer base through regular phone communication, in-person visits, and event participation
- Write comprehensive business plans for all international markets covered, focusing on new business opportunities
- Provide detailed sales forecasting reports from key strategic partners
- Communicate with FINIS leadership market needs regarding significant swim events
- Communicate the needs of each market to the FINIS leadership team
- Monitor sales performance metrics
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Strong closer as well as other account management and relationship building skills.
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented
- 3+ years of sales experience including international experiences
- Highly self-motivated
- Keep abreast of global market trends in swimming
- Bilingual, Spanish a must, other languages a plus
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, CRM software and account management systems, NetSuite experience is a plus
- Strong negotiation skills
- Regular international travel to accounts, trade shows, and sales meetings
- Swimming background appreciated
PAY & BENEFITS
- Base compensation level varies on education and experience levels
- Employees are eligible for benefits 90 days after the initial hire date, benefits include:
- Flexible Spending
with Infinity Swim Club,Inc.
Infinity Swim Club is seeking a high-energy, experienced and passionate coach to build our Senior Program. In addition, this individual will, on a daily basis, support our age-group practice groups. Infinity Swim Club trains at Hampshire Hills Athletic Club, in Milford, New Hampshire. The Senior coach will work directly with Head Team Coach and Program Director Allsion Balboni. There will also be an administrative role for this person dependent upon their strengths and the Team’s operational needs. Infinity Swim Club, Inc. is Coach Owned Program with future possibilties of co-ownership with proven success through this role.
The critical skills we desire include:
•USA Swimming member in good standing with all certifications
•Have at least four years of USA Swimming coaching experience
•Ability to independently write detailed daily workouts to support season goals
•Passion for the sport of swimming and a desire to foster a positive, motivating environment for all swimmers
•Ability to communicate clearly with swimmers and parents regarding practice goals and approach
•An engaging on-deck presence – actively address technical stroke issues
•Open to collaboration – the interest/ability to both mentor coaches AND to learn from coaches
Contact [email protected]
with Worcester Polytechnic Institute
****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED********
Full-Time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving/Aquatics Director in coaching, recruiting and supervising the swimming & diving program and the aquatics function while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Will assist in fundraising activities for the program and department including the hosting of swimming & diving events and rentals. Teach physical education courses and help manage a departmental administrative responsibility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the director and head coach in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions; participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition; supervision of student-athlete academic progress; provide positive guidance to students away from practice and competitions; and overall program development.
• Teach physical education courses.
• Help recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
• Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI .
• Serve as a role model for student-athletes on campus and off campus.
• Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
• Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
• Assist in all fundraising activities including hosting aquatic events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous coaching and teaching experience; competitive collegiate experience is strongly preferred.
• CPR certificate, first aid certificate preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
Posting Date: 10/03/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/978665
WPI, the nation’s third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.
with Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within the aquatic /pool areas in the Clubhouse and Camp Simmons. Head coach of vibrant swim team program. Maintain schedules and practices for the team as well as supervise coaching assistants as needed. Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates all swimming pool programming–encompassing teaching of lessons, swim team, free swim, family swim and special events for members and open community. Must be willing to be in the water, teaching lessons, as a way to lead by example.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth For Success / Leadership
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote and stimulate program participation…enact incentive award program / recognition.
- Outreach and register new members and participate in Club orientation process.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively generate and implement a spectrum of aquatic programming consistent with Club organization goals and mission. Ensure that entire aquatic staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program and have the proper training and certifications to instruct / lifeguard.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance and cleanliness of pool areas at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Ensure a productive work environment with subordinate staff with weekly / periodic staff meetings.
- Recruit, train and manage assigned staff / lifeguards and volunteers; provide ongoing feedback; and identify and support ongoing development opportunities.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club aquatic programs and overall Club programs and services and maintain good public relations.
- Support other Club programming as required.
- Support Club special events.
- Must be able to work from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday). Swim season schedule to be determined that will include Saturday responsibilities
- Certified as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO)
- Certification in first aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and WSI lifeguard training or equivalent
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Ability to see and hear individuals in pool/pool area.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
This position is classified as Salaried-Exempt status. As defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act, “exempt” status employees are exempt from the protections of the wage and hour laws of their state, or of the FLSA. “Exempt” employees must always be paid on a salary basis, not subject to reduction based on the quality or quantity of work performed.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
TO APPLY CONTACT:
Bobby Walker, Jr., CEO
Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
[email protected], 203-869-3224