with TYR Sport, Inc.
TYR’s Sports Promotions Representative is the perfect opportunity for you to stay at the pool. Your swim background makes you the ideal candidate to support and promote the TYR brand at major competitions and events. At these events you will ensure brand visibility, and support our professional athletes and sponsored teams including swimming, diving and water polo.
As TYR’s Sports Promotions Representative you will work independently to form new partnerships by selling the benefits of the Company’s programs and brand to prospective teams. You will work closely with our company’s sales and promotions teams with outreach initiatives and continuous dialogue to our sponsored teams and athletes, ensuring they are properly serviced.
This position is based out of our Long Island office in Farmingdale, NY. Candidates MUST live in or be able to commute to the Long Island, NY area on a daily basis (when not traveling). However, this position will cover the Southeast territory of the US, and ideal candidates will have familiar knowledge or ties to the area.
Job Description and Functions:
- Work independently to develop relationships, acquire new customers and assist in departmental outreach initiatives.
- Be a visible presence of the TYR brand at major competitions, clinics and notable events, to communicate brand buzz and service team and athlete needs.
- Interface between sponsored teams, accounts and their regional sales representatives to ensure contract fulfillment.
- Manage and track product requests and promotional orders from athletes.
- Ensure all National Team custom products for TYR athletes adhere to National Federation and/or FINA guidelines.
- Maintain annual event calendar for major competitions, clinics and other events as they relate to sponsored team and athlete support; liaising with the marketing department regarding any marketing needs for events.
- Keep track of and monitor all sales program and promotional calendar deadlines and requested information through www.salesforce.com.
You are right fit for this position if you have an outgoing personality, are not easily discouraged and show exceptional follow up skills.
- Experience with competitive swimming or background as a swim coach is required.
- Proficient in PC based programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and Google Enterprise.
- Extremely organized with the ability work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to multi-task in various environments.
- Lifting containers with product and apparel to be used for event presentations. Assisting in the set-up of a display booth for clinics or events.
- Ability to travel, sometimes with little notice and occasionally for long periods.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years promotional/sales, administrative assistance or coaching experience required.
with YMCA of Long Island, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The YMCA of Huntington is seeking for an experienced individual who will provide direction and leadership to the Aquatics department. The incumbent will follow all YMCA of Long Island and Suffolk County Board of Health aquatics standards to maintain safety for all aquatics programs in and around the swim area.
- Work with the Aquatics Director to maintain adequate staffing (training, hiring and evaluating) to deliver programs.
- Conduct any in-service trainings required by the YMCA association.
- Maintain and help coordinate Aquatic staff safety trainings and meetings.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with developing, implementing, tracking and controlling the department budget and programming.
- Work with the Aquatics Director with reviewing program schedules, capacity staffing and revenues to meet the community needs and the YMCA mission.
- Structure and help to lead and instruct YMCA swimming lessons of all ages and abilities. Schedule and arrange private swimming lessons.
- Maintain proper health and safety standards, in accordance with association aquatics safety standards and guidelines.
- Know and understand all YMCA, state, county and local health and safety requirements, including Pool Safety plan, Emergency Action plan, other emergency procedures and staff certifications.
- Help with collaborating and building relationships within the YMCA Branch, Association and community organizations, in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Maintain positive relations with participants, parents, members and staff. Serve as a role model to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Maintain all records, in accordance with law for pool maintenance, staff training and certifications, program member attendance and evaluation of participant skills and BOH requirements.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years minimum experience supervising lifeguards and swim instructors.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification or American Red Cross or equivalent. YMCA or ARC Lifeguard instructor is preferred.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Swim lesson instructor within 90 days of hire.
- YMCA Pool Operation or Certified Pool Operator certification preferred.
- Current CPR, AED, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid certifications.
- Demonstrate swim stroke techniques, lifeguard rescues and CPR/O2 and First Aid skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
with South Carolina Swimming
South Carolina Swimming
Job Description –Part-time position (20-30 hours) ability to work remotely
Salary – $12 and up per hour based on experience and qualification
Under the direction of the Chairman of the Board, the Administrative Manager shall:
- Liaison for SC Swimming clubs, coaches, members and USA Swimming.
- Register Group and Individual members and manage all forms (including online) related to membership registration.
- Maintain and update meet sanctions templates and work with the Board to create a seamless process.
- Account for monies received from registration, sanction fees/fines and meet financials. Enter data into QuickBooks accordingly.
- Maintain a P.O. Box, manage mail and make bank deposits.
- Collaborate on policies and procedures germane to registration tasks and duties.
- Attend Registration/Membership workshops as directed. Attend Board and House of Delegates meetings.
- Ensure SC Swimming website contains accurate and timely information for its members, including notifications and general communication.
- Assist with the organization of travel for board members and officials.
- Assist Board members with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but commensurate experience will be considered.
- Database maintenance and knowledge.
- Self-motivated team player and self-discipline required.
- Professional MS Office Experience: 3-5 years.
- Customer Service a must.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy in working with volunteers and members.
- Flexible hours, occasional evenings and weekends.
While the primary duties of the Administrative Manager will be focused on member services/support, registration and sanction matters, additional duties may be assigned by the Chairman of the Board.
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to: Bianca Walker, Admin Vice Chair. [email protected]. (512) 689-4222.
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site)
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking both an Age Group Coach and a Senior Group Coach. On-deck coaching includes between 8-15 hours Monday – Friday. Weekend hours are optional and available.
Qualifications: Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level; Strong communication skills; Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages; Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies; Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
We offer a competitive hourly rate based on qualifications. There are numerous additional coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates. We utilize multiple facilities that are located on the Stanford University Campus and in the Palo Alto area.
with Arcadia Riptides Swim Club
Age Group Coach Swimming (reports to Head Coach)
-Monday-Friday, hours 5:30-8pm and one/ two swim meets a month
-Plan, schedule and lead group practices
-Discuss practices with Head Coach at beginning of each week during training phase of employment
-Coach and assist at USA swim meets
-Attend all coach’s meetings (approximately 1-5 per year)
-Assist Head Coach in drafting/dispersing information pertaining to your swimmers
-Potentially help determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
-Starting salary will be in the range of $15 to $20 per hour.
Preferred start date will be ASAP
Applicant Coaches must:
-be USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment –
-Run daily practices M-F and attend one to two swim meets a month
-be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE coach who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
-demonstrate a commitment to the swimmers and coaches
-have prior competing and/or coaching experience in swimming or any sport
-be knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the club family!
with Phillips 66 Splash Club
Splash Club, Inc. located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma is one of USA Swimming’s oldest and most storied clubs. It was founded in 1950 and has enjoyed a special and amazing 67 year sponsorship by Phillips 66. The club is run by its Head Coach and a parent advisory board. Splash Club currently has 110 swimmers and had two high school athletes at the 2016 US Olympic Trails. The club is searching for an energetic leader capable of growing our pre-competitive program, developing our 8-unders and assisting with Head Coach with the senior program.
- Must be a college graduate
- Must be a full credentialed coach in good standing with USA Swimming, Inc.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is preferred
- Collegiate swimming experience is a bonus
- Competitive Full-time Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Additional earning opportunities possible
- Meet/travel expenses paid by club
- Educational funding available with Head Coach approval
- Relocation package
- 2 weeks paid vacation (with Head Coach approval and after 90 days of employment)
- IPad and other job related electronics
- Fully furnished office at the pool
- Head Developmental Coach
- Manage pre-competitive instruction program
- Lead coach of 8-under competitive training groups
- Assist Head Coach with senior training group
- Attend competitions for 8-unders and some senior level events
- Additional duties as assigned by Head Coach
with Princeton Tigers Aquatics Club
with University of Bridgeport
University of Bridgeport
The Department of Athletics has an immediate opening for (2) part-time Assistant Coaches for Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Reporting to the Head Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming, the Assistant Coach is a part-time position responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Men’s & Women’s swimming program.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the department and the University, as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA, East Coast Conference, ECAC, Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming & Diving Conference and any other authorities that affect the intercollegiate athletic program;
- The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with team development, training and strategy in practice and competition;
- Assist the Head Coach in establishing goals, objectives, and values for the program consistent with mission of athletics department;
- Assists with the regular practice sessions in and out of the season as permitted by the NCAA rules and regulations;
- Assists in motivating student-athletes to perform to maximum levels;
- Assists with the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with the training; unit to ensure that student-athletes are physically prepared for competition;
- Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of games and practices.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of student-athletes;
- Assures compliance with NCAA regulations;
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- An excellent knowledge of stroke technique, physiological basis of training and race strategy
- The selected candidate will also ensure full compliance with NCAA Division II, East Coast Conference and Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming & Diving Conference rules and regulations at all time.
- Valid Connecticut Driver’s License required or able to obtain; able to obtain passenger endorsement on license and a driving record which complies with University of Bridgeport driving policy.
- CPR/AED certification;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Coaching and /or participation at collegiate level preferred; demonstrated ability and passion to teach and demonstrate skills of collegiate swimming;
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Willingness to fundraise;
- Ability to interact with all levels of the university community.
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse university community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
University of Bridgeport
Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf
with Seattle Preparatory School
The boys swimming program head, reporting to the director of athletics, will join an athletics program that includes 20 varsity teams, many of which have both sub-varsity teams. The program head is directly responsible for the coaching of the varsity team and management of the overall boys swim program.
These duties are representative and the omission of a specific duty does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Demonstrate a passion for coaching and swimming in particular.
- Communicating a clear vision for the boys swim program.
- Selecting, developing and forming a diverse coaching staff.
- Leading and supervising all levels of teams and phases of the program.
- Collaborating and strategizing with Athletic Director and other Program Heads on ways to further enhance, develop, and promote athletic programs.
- Seeking continuing education opportunities in your sport e.g. clinics, attending college practices, working camps
- Provide oversight of the program budget.
- Maintain compliance with all Seattle Preparatory School, Metro League, and WIAA policies and procedures.
Requirements and Qualification
Successful candidates must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Washington State driver’s license, be available for all practices and competitions during the winter season, and be available for regular meetings and other activities year-round. Experience coaching at the club, high school or college level is required. Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certifications.
Seattle Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.
with Gators Swim Club
Gators Swim Club is a youth serving, non-profit (501 c3), year-round competitive swim team with a rich history in serving Orange County residents. Our swimmer base consists of swimmers ages 5 – 18 (in general), from novice to Junior National skill level. Gators Swim Club currently has over 300 registered year-round swimmers with another 100 non-competitive Intro to Gators waiting in the wings. Much of the Gators Swim Club talent comes from its feeder program, Evolution Swim Academy. The Gators Swim Club participates in the very competitive Southern California Swimming LSC and practice at three locations: Avendale Clubhouse Pool in Ladera Ranch (8-lane 25-yard pool), Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis & Swim Club in Laguna Hills (7-lane 25-meter pool and Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita (50-meter by 25-yard pool).
- Minimum 3 years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Must be current on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements
- Must be in good standing with all USA Swimming safety and background check requirements
- Support, develop and show measurable success at coaching groups 5A & 5B at Ladera Ranch (please visit website for more group information – www.gatorsswimclub.com) and work in cooperation with the team director to identify direction and objective for each group.
- Coaching responsibilities will start at 4:00 pm and end at 7:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Develop a season plan inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication and milestones that you expect to achieve for each group.
- Complete swim meet entries in a timely manner taking into consideration the individual needs of each swimmer entered in the meet.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach.
- Coordinate goal meetings with each swimmer and align coach/swimmer goals for the season.
- Attend monthly coach’s meetings and share best practices.
- Attend monthly committee meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain a dryland program that includes age-appropriate activities that will help in each swimmer’s core strength development.
- Attend and support team activities that may be outside of the coaching realm.
- Take attendance at each practice.
- Communicate effectively with the administrative staff, parents and swimmers
- Communicate any time-off that does not fall within the vacation time description in the benefits section.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience ($16.00-22.50/hour)
- Generous swim meet stipend
- Medical benefits*
- 2-week vacation built in to coordinate with end of season
- Personal time-off allowance
- Continuing education opportunities
*Medical benefits active after 90-day probation period concludes
We are currently interviewing for this position and it will remain open until October 2017 or until the position has been filled.
with United World College South East Asia - East
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme
- Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Coach / teach for 1 week at the start and end of the three major vacations
- Assist Head Coach with Senior/National Squads when necessary
- Be willing to coach between week 2-6 in the summer holiday programme
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Sports or relevants fields
- Preferably FINA Level 2 Coach or UKCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent
- Minimum 2 years swim coaching experience
- Certified First Aider
- Computer literate and familiar with gmail and google platforms (Familiar with Systems: Team Manager & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
- Provide a minimum of 6 months of previous squad planning.At least one meso-cycle but a full macro cycle is preferred.
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club
Job Position Announcement, September 2017: Head Swim Coach
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club, is seeking a Head Coach with the primary responsibilities of directing its:
- Recreational Competitive Spring/Summer Swim Team, the Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Fall/Winter Swim Team, as part of Spare Time Aquatics
General Manager, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club
The compensation is dependent on the employee’s experience, scope of position and negotiable
Essential Job Functions
- Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Barracudas
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Barracudas which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, working with and partnering with the Board of Directors, and ensuring the execution of the team’s Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
Essential Job Functions cont.
- Site Head Coach, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics
- Employee is tasked with overseeing the day to day operations of the Johnson Ranch Racquet Club Fall/Winter Spare Time Aquatics program which shall include organizing and directing practices to develop its youth swimmers at levels, hiring and management of coaching staff, meet preparation and management, administrative duties, building strong relationships with its swimmers and families, and creating and building upon an organizational Mission Statement.
- Attends and participates in all Board meetings.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Assistant coach or 2 years’ as a Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Registered USA Swimming Coach
- Proven success at executing a plan to develop swimmers of all ages at all skill levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience in management, ability to provide clear direction to employees, and highly organized
- CPR certified.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean drivers record
Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, a Premier Spare Time Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application with a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Rich Wells, General Manager, Johnson Ranch Racquet Club, email address [email protected]
with YMCA OF GREATER CHARLOTTE
Swim and Safety Coordinator
(0) JOHNSTON BRANCH
3025 N Davidson St.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Swim and Safety Coordinator position is responsible for the leadership of all areas of all Aquatics including aquatics safety and programs such as Swim Lessons/Swim Teams, Safety Around Water, Water Fitness, the Risk and Safety department for the branch as well as assist with Summer Day Camp.
1.Coordinate staff safety trainings for the branch, including Basic Safety Series, Child Abuse Prevention Training, and Code of Conduct training
2.Work closely with directors to maintain active rosters and track employee certifications
3.Manage American Safety and Health Institute administration for the branch, including all class scheduling and administration, student certification processing, and instructor coordination
4.Attend association Safety Training Coordinator and Aquatic Branch Representative meetings
5.Accountable for promotion and coordination of Child Abuse Prevention training, Infant/Child, Adult CPR & AED and Preventing Disease Transmission (Blood borne Pathogens)
6.Assist branch staff with inventory and cleaning of training materials
7.Work closely with the Directors to maintain active rosters and track certifications for employees
8.Schedule certified trainers for safety classes at the branch
9.Implement high quality instruction for swim lesson participants as shown through program evaluations/swimmer assessments.
10.Grow swim programs and identify best practices.
11.Lead swim related safety strategies and audits, emergency procedures, readiness audits and staff orientation/onboarding.
12.Create pipeline of lifeguards as a recruitment strategy to increase the pool and retention of lifeguards
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
This position requires an individual with an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, and volunteers. He/she must present a professional image including:
1.Four year college degree in Physical Education, Recreation or related field.
2.Minimum of two years of successful experience in aquatic instruction, management and possess minimum certifications in CPR/AED, First Aid, YMCA Lifeguarding, or Red Cross equivalents.
3.Computer Skills in MS Office and database management systems.
4.Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
5.BSS instructor certification within the first 30 days of hire.
6.CPO certification within the first 6 months of hire.
7.YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification within the first 90 days of hire.
8.Present a professional image and have excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
9.Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner while ensuring a high level of accuracy.
10.Ability to write effective communication to parents
11.Must be able to work with diverse situations, prioritize work requests and work independently
12.Proven ability in the recruiting of staff and volunteers
13.Must be attentive to details and confidentiality in work preparation
14.Have knowledge and the ability to work in and resolve conflict situations.
15.Must be highly organized, possess superior supervisory skills and demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
1.Ability to work a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
2.Ability to work irregular work hours, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
3.Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
4.Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
5.Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
6.Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds, and people weighing up to 200 pounds.
7.Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
8.Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
9.Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
10.Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
11.Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
12.Fluent in English, written and verbal communication.
There has never been a better time to join the YMCA of Charlotte! Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility. If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a difference, please continue by completing our online application. Thank you for your interest in our Y!
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte reserves the right to remove a position at any time.
with Star Swimming
A Proud Swimming Legacy and Commitment to Excellence. STAR Swimming has had a tremendous history since 1961 with many swimmers reaching great levels. The mission of STAR swimming is to empower swimmers to become champions, both in and out of the water – Dreams, Dedication and Excellence throughout a lifetime. We are a team who are focused on teaching the best stroke mechanics as well as trying to get our swimmers to be the best version of themselves. STAR has won 30 out of the past 34 Niagara championships.
Outstanding Facilities. STAR swimming has one of the region’s best year-round training and meet-hosting facilities at the Erie Community College (ECC) downtown Buffalo NY campus, which includes a 50 meter pool, a 25 yard pool, locker/shower facilities, coach offices, available gym and meeting space.
Highly Committed Families and Swimmers. STAR Swimming has a strong and highly committed membership base, with great potential for future growth. STAR has approximately 100 registered members at their ECC site in downtown Buffalo, NY, and has a satellite site in Jamestown, NY that has 30 registered families. The team has approximately 130 swimmers in total. The team also prides itself with a learn-to-swim Novice and Tadpole program, with future growth potential.
Critical Experience, Knowledge, and Skill, and Other Qualifications
- Current member of good standing with USA Swimming (background check, First Aid, CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches)
- A strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 5-10 years swim coaching experience
- Reliable self-starter who displays energy and positive motivation to swimmers
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a clearly demonstrated desire to excel and grow professionally
- Vision for developing the membership of STAR swimming
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the local swim center management/staff, volunteers, parents and athletes and be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming
- ASCA Level 4 preferred
- Ability to connect our senior swimmers with universities and colleges and assist families in making their child’s goals of swimming post-secondary a reality
- Be well versed in making bids for high performance meets such as LSC championships, Zones and Speedo meets in order to expose our swimmers to high caliber swimming opportunities
Key Head Coach Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including working closely with parents, swimmers, Board Members and coaching staff.
- Responsible for effectively coaching at specific at one or more age group levels as well as setting a strong positive, enthusiastic and highly energetic coaching tone for all age groups.
- Oversees and manages process of meet selection, meet bidding, meet entries, and scheduling and coordinating of home and out of town meets.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and managing the performance and professional development of STAR assistant coaches.
- Represents and serves as an ambassador for STAR at district meetings and other regional and national swimming meetings and events, and in coordinating with other swim clubs and organizations.
- Communicates, consults and works closely with STAR Board of Directors, including attending Board meetings with reports and updates on the team’s performance and progress.
- Develops and implements the latest and most effective training plans in stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities.
- Provides active involvement in the recruitment, development and the progression of swimmers in all of our age groups to grow and maintain team membership.
- Communicates with families and swimmers through a variety of channels and methods, including regular swimmer and parent meetings, newsletters, email, STAR website, etc.
- Works with swimmers and parents in determining appropriate goals and fosters in swimmers important attitudes and skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Develops, maintains and updates policies to benefit the overall welfare and membership development of the Club.
- Works with ECC administrators and staff to ensure that STAR’s interests are well represented and addressed concerning the facility.
Salary and Benefits
- STAR offers a competitive salary and benefit package, details to be negotiated with highly qualified finalists
with Sheridan Swim Team
Sheridan Swim Team
Job Title: Head Coach
Status: Full Time Salaried Position
Location: Quincy, IL
The Sheridan Swim Team (SST) is a year-round youth competitive swim team located in Quincy, Illinois. The team currently has 78 members. SST was founded 50+ years ago. The Team has strong community support and a great parent board. Our outdoor facility boasts a 10 lane 50 meter championship pool as well as 3 pools for recreational swimming. The indoor facility has a 6 lane 25 yard heated pool, quality fitness room, and sauna. Further information on the team or the facility can be found by visiting our website at www.sheridanswimteam.com and www.sheridanswimclub.com respectively.
Primary Responsibilities: Our head coach, with the aid of the parents, will be responsible for the entire competitive swimming program including operations, administration, growth, and success.
- Pool and dry land coaching for all levels of swimmers.
- Coordinate the efforts of assistant coaches.
- Communicate and work with parents.
- Attend competitions and the meet entry administration to attend those competitions.
- Develop season plans for all swimmers.
- Direct the developmental summer league team.
- Direct the swim lessons program.
- Direct the Masters program in conjunction with seniors morning practice
- Recruitment of future swimmers.
- Planning and executing projects and activities for team development and morale.
- Assist in our 2 swim meet fundraisers as well as other fundraisers.
- Assist in development and administration of the team budget.
- Maintain the team website and social media presence.Qualifications:
- Passion for development of young athletes.
- Excellent communication skills with swimmers, parents, club staff, and the community.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent administrative skills. Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-tek is a positive.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, and Coach’s training.
- USA Swimming background check and coaching certified (USA Swimming or ASCA Level 1).Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. There is no cap on the Head Coach’s compensation as it is open to earnings through growth of the programs. Average annual earnings of $40,000+. Position includes incentives for team growth, dividends from the swim lessons programs, and Masters swimming program. The coach will also receive membership access to the Sheridan Swim and Fitness Club for employee and family members. We have a solid Seniors coach to help you.