with FRST Swimming
Under the direction of the FRST Head Coach, our Head Age Group Coach will help manage the swim team in accordance with the rules/regulations set forth by USA Swimming & the FRST By-Laws.
Head Age Group Coach must have a great ability to work well with our athletes, parents, and coaches. Head AG Coach will also be expected to assist in the growth both in numbers as well as performance. The Head Coach Position must also be heavily involved in communication (website, newsletters, meetings) as well community-based initiatives. FRST has every intention to continue its journey in becoming a nationally recognized program.
with Bay Club Courtside
We are looking for an energetic and reliable USA certified coach to be our lead assistant. Responsibilities would include helping the Head Coach run our Age Groups and possibly lead one of the groups. This position would also include Private Lessons and use of the Bay Clubs awesome facilities. The position is hourly from late afternoons to early evenings Monday-Friday with flexibility depending on availability.
with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site)
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics – Cardinal Site
Age Group & Senior Assistant Coaches
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking multiple assistant coaches to work with competitive & developmental swimmers. We train at multiple facilities in Palo Alto, California, and on the Stanford University Campus
Coaches will be responsible for between 4 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and availability. Practices run on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Part time positions are available.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
PASA – Cardinal offers a competitive hourly rate based on qualifications. There are numerous coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates.
To find out more about the program at PASA – Cardinal, please visit pasacardinal.com.
with Wilton YMCA Wahoo's Swim Team
*********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED********
The Wilton Y Wahoo’s, a premier 2017 USA Silver Medal swimming club in New England is based in Fairfield County, Connecticut. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time, Exempt status, Assistant Senior Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own training group and assist with other groups on a daily basis. The Assistant Senior Coach is also responsible for all administrative duties required for their training group and other duties as determined by the Head Coach.
This position offers the successful candidate health and medical, retirement plan and Y membership benefits. All meet travel, educational, and cell phone expenses are fully reimbursed.
Develops a seasonal plan for dryland and pool.
- Conducts practices.
- Develops meet schedules and coverage.
- Prepares swimmer evaluations and recommendations on move-ups.
- Attends required swim meets.
- Submits meet entries.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Holds goal meetings with swimmers.
- Assists with clinics.
Staff and YMCA Relations
- Trains and supervises assistant coaches in dryland and pool programs.
- Attends internal coaches meetings.
- Meets with Y staff as needed.
- Review all written communications with head coach prior to publication.
- Assists Head Coach and Age Group Coach when necessary at meets and practices.
- Holds parent meetings in groups and individually.
- Work with squad Vice President and other volunteers.
- Responds to parent communications by phone, in person, email or in writing in a timely fashion.
- Keeps parents informed of problems/developments with swimmers.
- Assists in promoting and recruiting for the overall program.
- Assists with brochure development and program registration procedures.
- Responsible for social media content and postings.
- Participates in Recognition night.
- Acts as an advocate within the community for the Wahoo program.
- Submits expense reports
- Provides input to annual planning process on team objectives and strategies.
- Assists with meet preparations.
- Helps to implement team fundraising projects.
- Supports the team’s overall fundraising projects.
- Actively participates in and upholds the YMCA’s mission to be open and accessible to everyone, regardless of financial situation or special need .Contributes time to raise funds for this worthy and necessary endeavor by supporting the Y’s Annual Giving and Capital Development campaigns.
Effect on End Result
Successful performance of the job duties by the Wahoos Assistant Senior Coach can have a major impact on the overall effectiveness with which the Riverbrook Regional YMCA and the Wahoo team accomplish their goals and objectives through:
- Ensuring strength and continuity for the overall direction of the program.
- Executing a consistent training philosophy and communication of team goals.
- Assuring high quality program delivery and positive image.
- Retaining current swimmers and inspiring new families to join the team.
- Improving the skills and performance of the individual participants.
- Allowing team members to have a positive growth experience.
with Pueblo Swim Club
Assistant Swim Coach for the Pueblo Swim Club
Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Supervisors: Head Coach Pueblo Swim Club
Experience: Prior experience working with children in a sports related environment required, swimming environment preferred. Prior swimming experience competing at the high school level required, collegiate level preferred.
Type of Job: Part-time position – beginning April 4, 2018
- Assistant Swim Coaches provide instruction and coaching for various training groups within the Pueblo Swim Club, a USA Swimming sanctioned swim club.
- Assist the head coach and other assistant coaches administer swim practices for groups within the Pueblo Swim Club
- Attend swim meets as needed
- Event preparation and setup.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- At least 19 years of age
- Current USA Swimming Coaching Certification
- Current Lifeguard Training Certification (preferred)
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
- Ability to work evenings.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups through a variety of situations.
- Display a positive and encouraging attitude at every practice session
- Ability to teach swimmers various skills with both patience and enthusiasm
- Ability to use independent judgment when needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
with Lake Linganore Dolphins
The Lake Linganore Dolphins are a summer swim team located in New Market, Maryland. The head coach is responsible for running practices, training and managing assistant coaches, creating meet lineups and working with swimmers and their families to create a fun learning environment for swimmers age 5-18. Our season runs from the day after Memorial day until the last weekend in July.
with University of Virginia
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including (but not limited to): coaching, instructing, recruiting, counseling, monitoring student-athlete academic performance, designing training sessions, collaborating on game plans and strategies, adhering to compliance requirements, and other sport program administrative functions.
This entry-level coaching position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all duties, including coaching, office management, recruiting of prospective student athletes, and coordinating team logistics. This coaching position will directly assist the Head Coach with on-deck coaching duties and will also be responsible for several 12-month projects designed by the Head Coach to positively impact team performance.
This is a fulltime, salaried position within the Department of Athletics, which includes fulltime benefits. The hiring range for this position is $36,000 – $40,000.
Required qualifications include: a Bachelor’s degree and some coaching experience with regard to the sport of Swimming at the collegiate and/or club level, which includes demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate Swimming and the ability to teach technical aspects of the sport.
Preferred qualifications include:
- USA Swimming Level 4 certification.
- Experience at the collegiate and club levels.
- Experience working with national-caliber athletes.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate Division I level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience with NCAA and/or conference championship competition.
- Athletic and coaching experience at the professional level.
- Athletic accolades with regard to the sport of Swimming and Diving at the intercollegiate or higher level.
- Administrative experience (i.e. budgeting, program planning, travel, etc.) at the intercollegiate or higher level.
Please do not submit any candidate materials directly to the Department of Athletics, Coaching Staff, or the University of Virginia. All candidate materials must be submitted through the [email protected] website in order to be considered.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
with Edmonton Keyano Swim Club
Edmonton Keyano Swim Club, based in Edmonton, Alberta; wishes to announce an exciting opportunity for a talented, charismatic and high-level candidate to join our Club as our Head Coach.
We have a strong tradition of excellence in swimming and an aspirational vision for our future. The successful candidate will be instrumental in shaping, leading and delivering our vision – building on our strong heritage and reputation – to significantly grow our Club from one of the larger swimming clubs in Alberta, to one of the largest and most successful across Canada.
We need a candidate who is willing to commit to our Club for the long term, and who will:
- Foster a passion for competitive swimming in all our athletes, emphasising the joy of training hard, competing at a high level, and achieving to their talent level.
- Develop and deliver a professional and quality-driven technical competitive swimming programme with demonstrable performance success across all levels, including University and beyond;
- Harness the talents and capabilities of our coaching staff through a structured programme of coaching development and on-deck training; and,
- Develop high quality athletes able to compete at national and international levels and who aspire to achieve.
Managing our entire competitive technical swimming programme, and work in collaboration with our General Manager who will concentrate on the Club administration and office management; you will champion and build athlete pathways across the full continuum, delivering top performance in both athletes and our coaches. It is an exciting, rewarding and long term opportunity for the right candidate who demonstrates:
- Proven experience working in a high-performance sport environment;
- Demonstrated history to mentor and provide leadership to both coaches and athletes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, a proven self-starter and an effective communicator;
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills;
- Highly effective planning and organization skills, takes a long term perspective, both seeking and creating opportunities;
- Proven experience in managing the technical swimming programme and coaching programme of a high performing Club;
- Is ambitious, aspiring, excited about new challenges and relishes new opportunities; and,
- Is a charismatic leader who can lead coaches, athletes, and parents towards a common and compelling vision.
As the Head Coach, you will be directly responsible for:
- Being instrumental in leading Edmonton Keyano towards achieving its vision of being recognised and respected as a leader in Canadian swimming through competitive and operational success.
- Recruit, develop and lead the Keyano Club coaching staff. This includes overall responsibility for a coaching team of approximately 5 senior coaches and 16 assistant coaches, across multiple satellite locations around Edmonton. Mentoring other coaches and providing coaching development is a high priority and will be a key area of activity.
- Accountable for the entire technical swimming programme within Edmonton Keyano; ensuring their alignment and progress towards delivering top performance swimming capabilities across all age groups. To set the standards and performance levels which will then need to be performance managed and monitored across all levels in the Club, including University and beyond.
- Directly coach and be accountable for swimmers in the highest level groups within the Club, consistently showing leadership and innovation in developing an elite technical programme.
- Develop a high performance capability within the Club with the aspiration that athletes in the programme are reaching progressive benchmarks that lead to achieving the standards required for selection into Canadian National and Olympic level teams.
- Production of a technical strategic swimming plan, updated on an annual basis complete with measurable and reportable performance outcomes. This should be presented to the EKSC Board and their agreement obtained annually.
- The Head Coach will provide guidance and leadership to strategic initiatives of EKSC and work collaboratively with the EKSC Board in creating/refining the EKSC strategic plan on an annual basis, identifying areas for improvement in the plan to bring forward to annual strategic planning review sessions.
- To work collaboratively alongside the General Manager – who will manage all ‘dry’ activities within the Club, i.e. administration and office management, accounting, payroll, contract management for Club operations, pool space allocations, team travel, events planning, communications to Members, etc.
- Working collaboratively with the General Manager in developing a grass roots capability and strong platform of swimming competency. To work together alongside other staff and volunteers in attracting, developing and retaining swimmers in EKSC.
- Plan and deliver the annual/seasonal training and competition programs for all training groups, and work collaboratively with the General Manager in defining and working within the agreed financial budget. This includes regular audits of these programs at all locations and performance improvement updates to members, parents and the Board.
- Proactive and visible engagement with swimmers and parents across all levels and squads within the Club during each 12-month period; demonstrating the Keyano values and the expectations for athletes.
- Be the visible face of the coaching staff, actively engaging with all internal and external stakeholders – members, parents, volunteers, provincial/national governing bodies and other swim clubs, fostering effective communication, education and support for each athlete, their coach and family.
- In conjunction with Swim Alberta, lead and shape opportunities for improving provincial and national level swimming programmes.
- Attending all Keyano hosted swimming competitions, Provincials and National and International level competitions.
As the Head Coach, you should have the following experience, education and qualifications:
- 10+ years managing and leading large diverse teams;
- Level 3 coaching certification, NCCP or equivalent;
- Previous head coaching experience preferred; and/or involvement at a national/international level of competition;
- Previous elite swim coaching experience;
- Evidence of personalised self-development undertaken to advance coaching career.
As the Head Coach, you should demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
- Strategic orientation. He/she will take a long term perspective, have a clear view of the future direction for the Club and enable the leadership team to deliver. He/she frames strategic options for the club, welcomes creative and innovative solutions, and is not afraid of considering ambitious, and unorthodox ideas. He/she is able to spot previously unidentified opportunities and bring creative solutions for balancing finite resources.
- Influence with Impact. He/she will be able to influence the team to achieve strategic outcomes. Actively develops internal and external partnerships/relationships on a foundation of credibility and trust. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, motivate, and develop mutually beneficial relationships and outcomes.
- Results orientation. He/she will deliver over expectations by being energized by the challenge and setting stretching goals for self and the team. He/she will exploit opportunities to exceed goals and work towards them even under adverse circumstances.
- Team leadership. He/she will empower the teams to perform, identify and solve problems, providing necessary support where He/she creates a clear sense of team identity and holds teams and coaches accountable for meeting collective goals. He/she rewards individual initiatives beyond expectations to advance the common goal. Strong at decision-making and setting clear direction. Is a charismatic leader and will inspire others.
- Collaboration and engagement skills. He/she motivates others to work with self by using informal structures, dynamics and culture of the organization to get things done. He/she actively seeks input in decision making and shows others how their objectives align with own. He/she actively communicates and collaborates with the broader organisation and Partner organisations, ensuring enduring committed partnerships. Demonstrates proactive engagement and seeks out opportunities to influence and collaborate for the benefit of the Club and its’ athletes.
- Financial management. Strong and productive collaboration between this role and the General Manager in establishing annual/seasonal financial budgets; to determine the long term financial forecasts for the Club and to reflect these within the strategic plan. To actively manage and monitor progress against spend, seek opportunities for driving efficiencies, and also investments for maximising athlete and coaches’ development.
As the Head Coach, success in the role will be managed through the following metrics:
- Club ranking position in Canada;
- Club reputation;
- Member satisfaction;
- Athlete performance delivery against the plan set for each level;
- Coaches development and skill improvements; and,
- Performance achievements of National/International level athletes in the Club.
Progress towards mutually agreed targets will be evaluated on at least a bi-annual basis.
We are committed to diversity at EKSC, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. EKSC does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and on a par with the top coaches and highest level Swimming Clubs across Canada.
The Head Coach will report to the President of Edmonton Keyano; and be accountable to the Edmonton Keyano Board of Directors.
with Space City Aquatic Team
Space City Aquatic Team has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Head Age Group Coach. This position requires both on deck coaching, administrative duties, and weekend swim meets (1-2/month). SCAT trains out of 3 different locations including two 50 Meter outdoor pools and an indoor 25 Yard pool. We are seeking an individual who is driven and motivated to build the program alongside the Head Coach/CEO.
Desired Qualifications for Age Group Coach:
- 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications (or able to obtain them prior to start date)
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with technique development and training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
- 1) Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- 2) Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching.
- 3) Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- 4) Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- 5) Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- 6) Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- 7) Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- 8) Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- 9) Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- 10) Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education
- Paid Vacation
- Reimbursement for professional development
with Union College (Ky.)
Union College (KY) is seeking candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach. The successful candidate will assist in conducting the men’s & women’s swimming program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Union College, the NAIA, and the Appalachian Athletic Conference. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, budget management, academic monitoring, and other duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach. Bachelor’s Degree and valid driver’s license required. Previous collegiate level playing/coaching experience preferred. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is chosen. This is a 10 month position providing a stipend and a graduate tuition waiver. Union College is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants should provide a cover letter, current resume, and list of 3 professional references to: Rafael Forti, Head Swimming Coach, Union College, 310 College Street, Barbourville, KY 40906. E-mail applications are welcomed and should be sent to [email protected]
with Conejo Simi Swim Club
Conejo Simi Swim Club is looking for an assistant age-group coach who will be running our summer program group while also training with our age-group coaches, to be available to take on an age-group coaching position in the fall.
In the summer, this coach will be working in the evenings Monday – Thursday, and some Fridays for mini-meets. In the fall, this coach will coach one hour Monday – Friday in the evenings at Rancho-Simi Community Pool in Simi Valley. It will also require some weekends for swim meets.
Coaches must be CPR and First Aid Certified.
Coaches Safety Training and/or Lifeguarding is preferred.
Before coaching, they will need to pass the background check, Foundations of Coaching 101, Athlete Protection Test, and the Rules and Regulations test. All of these courses are offered online on the USA Swimming website.
Other opportunities to earn money will also be available if the coach desires to teach swim lessons or stroke lessons.
with Speedo USA
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales through events and select account management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
- Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
- Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and Team Dealers
- Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
- Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
- Maintain team sponsorship database and coach/team communication network
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
- Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
- Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
- Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
- Present wholesale product line to selected accounts within territory
- Manage all account details (daily orders, stocking programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
- Work with territory sales representative identify and open new accounts
- Work with accounts to identify new business growth opportunities
- Forecast overall account business and set sales / product goals for each account with territory
- Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with Team Dealers
- Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
- Attend industry events, swim meets and tradeshows
- Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
- Organize involvement of Speedo Team Dealers and sales reps to maximize Speedo exposure and sales
- Assist with on-site booth merchandising
- Oversee Speedo sales reps and Team Dealer’s event booths, sales specials, on-hand inventory and team interaction
• Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
- Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
- Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
- Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
- Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
- Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects
- Strong communication, presentation skills
- Retail math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Management of a large volume of accounts
with City of Seattle, Parks and Recreation
The Aquatics Division’s mission is to ensure fun and safe water experiences by providing a diverse range of healthy, accessible aquatic programs that continue our legacy of water safety. This team also works to ensure our aquatics facilities are physically and emotionally safe and welcoming places for individual enrichment and community growth.
We are currently recruiting for two Aquatic Center Coordinators with supervisory experience operating public aquatic facilities. The Department is looking for dynamic leaders who will continue the legacy of safe operations of our aquatic facilities while ensuring the safety for participants and users. Equally important, we are recruiting candidates with a passion for equity and inclusion. Competitive candidates will have experience leading a team that actively works to increase and expand the diverse participation and usership of aquatic programs and facilities.
The Aquatic Center Coordinator reports directly to the Aquatics Manager.
Manages the day-to-day operations of the aquatics center; determines work priorities; develops guidelines and deadlines, directs supervisory personnel and delegates assignments; actively recruit and retain a diverse work force; hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates personnel; coaches and mentors employees; builds cohesive teams; conducts staff training.
Prepares and submits area budgets; monitors fiscal activity to assure conformity with established budget constraints; seeks to acquire alternative funding through state and federal grants; generates revenues through self-funding programs; coordinates and supervises purchases, expenditures, and supplies.
Coordinates comprehensive, diverse, and inclusive recreation, fitness and aquatics programs for seniors, adults, and youth, including swim lessons, special events, swim leagues/tournaments, fitness programs, instructional programming to include coordinating events with external organizations. Work within the community and with internal/external agencies to develop partnerships and collaborations to serve the diverse population of the City of Seattle. These services and programs will be delivered with consistency to the City’s Race & Social Justice Initiative.
Studies, analyzes, and interprets aquatic and recreation and aquatics needs and resources; develops and implements marketing strategy for the facility; and develops pricing strategies for new programs.
Coordinates the maintenance and use of the facility; enforces rules and regulations to ensure a safe, pleasant environment for patrons; monitors the general activities of patrons to ensure compliance with rules and regulations; ensures appropriate risk management of the facility and programs.
Plan and implement comprehensive water safety, lifeguarding, chemical safety, maintenance and personal safety training for staff. Act as the hazardous chemical site manager. Perform lifeguard and instructional duties as required.
Oversees sales, registrations, rental of the facility, computer registration program, daily admissions, scholarship procedures, and all other aspects of cash flow procedures. Maintain records and reports in regards to program operations, budgets, cash accounts, and safety.
Oversees customer service; investigates and resolves complaints or inquiries from employees and patrons concerning the operations of the facility; deals appropriately with confrontational situations; assists with the operations of the front counter to ensure maximum customer service results.
Provides administrative support by answering questions, providing responses to community member and staff concerns and comments, maintaining correspondence with other divisions or agencies; interfaces with community groups, attend assigned advisory council meetings, and actively promotes the facility throughout the community through speaking engagements, guest appearances, etc.
Performs related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Recreation Administration, Physical Education or a related field (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background.)
- Two years increasingly responsible lifeguard experience as a qualified lifeguard, including some experience involving pool operations, pool management, cash handling, security and financial management.
- A current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, a Red Cross First Aid Card, Red Cross CPR; Northwest Lifeguard Test (must be completed within two months of employment), and a current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certificate, or equivalent certified documentation. Equivalent certifications will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Red Cross certifications will be required within six months for individuals hired with equivalent certifications.
- A Washington State Driver’s license will be required within 30 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of City codes, ordinances, rules and regulations, state and federal laws concerning recreational activities and pool safety.
- Knowledge of pool maintenance and operations related to mechanical, pumps, winterization, and any other maintenance related operation.
- Skilled in leading staff to achieve established and desired results.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating activities.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising tact and maintain poise in resolving disputes, stressful situations, and differences arising with the public and employees.
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to express ideas clearly when providing oral and written reports and recommendations.
- Three years of experience supervising and/or managing an aquatic facility and staff.
- Two years experience working with Windows based office software and recreation registration software.
- Two years of experience creating partnerships with community based organizations.
- Two years of experience working in an urban environment with persons from a broad range of cultural backgrounds.
- Experience increasing and expanding the diverse participation and usership of aquatic programs and facilities.
- Bilingual skills such as Somali, Vietnamese, Amharic, Spanish, Oromo, etc.
- Other aquatics experience to include wading pool, spray park, beach, and small craft operations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Required to work nights and weekends with varying hours. Work may require contact with hostile program participants. Required to work in a hot, humid and noisy environment. Required to walk or stand for extended periods of time. Required to swim a minimum of 500 yards a day. Required to handle or work with toxic/hazardous substances. Required to act responsibility in life-threatening situations.
with Amherst Tritons Swim Team
The Amherst Tritons Swim Team is located in beautiful Amherst Massachusetts with a vibrant and energetic college community. Our private swim club of 120 swimmers competes on a recreational and USA swim level. We are looking for an energetic, dedicated individual to fill the year round position of a part time Assistant Coach for our T0 to T2 swim groups ages 5 to 10. The assistant coach will attend practices, swim meets and team events usually between 3pm to 8pm on weekdays and 8am to 1pm on weekends.
1-3 years or more of swim instructor experience
1-3 years or more of club coaching experience
Knowledge of proper stroke technique and instruction
Ability to inspire children, have fun, and work hard
Previous competitive swim club member
Knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-tek swim software
CPR/First Aid certification
Lifeguard or Safety training for swim coaches (or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire)
Rate of pay is $22 per hour, Hours will vary between 15-20 hrs per week
Applications will be accepted until March 15 or when position is filled.
with Wissahickon Community Aquatic Club (WCAC)
Wissahickon Community Aquatic Club (“WCAC”), a parent run swim and dive program, has just moved into a new state of the art natatorium complex at the Wissahickon High School in Ambler, PA. The club is seeking an experienced, committed and motivated individual who can identify goals and put in place plans to grow the various WCAC programs. Currently WCAC’s primary focus is the community based swim and dive team, comprised of 200+ swimmers and divers. The boys and girls teams participate in the Suburban Aquatic League during the winter. The club is also a member of USA Swimming. The USA Swimming program is a year round program with approximately 45 swimmers.
The ideal candidate for WCAC is personable, a certified coach and has experience building a successful swim program. At WCAC, this role will:
- Be responsible for all levels of the aquatics program
- Ensure the optimal number of coaches and set a coaching structure to support competitive SAL, USA swim and dive teams
- Design and oversee training plans for all team members
- Oversee the progression of team members
- Set performance goals & reports for the program
- Facilitate an age appropriate goal setting process for all team members
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes (both staff & athletes), that encourage self-discipline, self reliance and sportsmanship
- Recruit and retain staff within budget
- Plan and direct staff meetings at least once/month
- Provide annual staff development goals and set the training program for educating, supervising, and mentoring all coaches
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with Club’s membership via monthly newsletter, team/group meetings, emails, and/or individual meetings/conferences when needed
- Administer and support WCAC policies and procedures with membership and staff
- Support and facilitate annual strategic planning process and review
- Market and promote the programs of WCAC
- Develop and implement incentive and recognition/achievement programs that are age appropriate for team members
- Coordinate daily, monthly and season use of WCACs pool time
- 4-6 years coaching experience, ASCA level 3 or higher a plus
- USA Member/Coach
- 4 years management experience
- Understanding of pool/facilities operations
- Mature disposition
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, a plus
Salary is negotiable, based upon experience