with Los Alamos Aquatomics (LAA)
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED********
Los Alamos Aquatomics Swim Team (“LAA”), located in Los Alamos, New Mexico just north of Santa Fe, is searching for a Head Coach with a proven track record to lead and direct our year-round USA Swim Program in order to take us to the next level! LAA is a USA Swimming Club. We have a 120+ roster including State, Zone and Sectional qualifiers. The team swims at the Larry Walkup Aquatic Center which is a State of the Art Olympic-size, high-altitude facility rivaling many New Mexican natatoriums featuring a 50 meter indoor pool, known internationally as an excellent training facility for teams from around the United States and the world, including Japan, Belgium, New Zealand, Germany, and many more. Locally the Center supports private swim teams and the Los Alamos High School Swimming and Diving Team. Additionally, the team boasts a family culture rich in tradition that includes coaches and volunteer parent committees working towards the success of the athletes in a competitive and encouraging environment.
The Head Coach will lead all aspects of the program including:
- Supervision of assistant coaches
- Coaching and/or oversight of all groups/levels of athletes,
- Development of the competitive program (both in-water and dryland training) within the framework of the Club’s mission and core values,
- Directing and review of administrative functions/team, Athlete registration, team management and meet entries,
- Annual and seasonal plan development and review,
- Tracking athlete/team performance,
- Management and evaluation of athlete goal setting and tracking,
- Development of seasonal meet schedule for approval by the Board, and Parent meetings and athlete communications
- Budget and financial review
- Scheduling and updating practice/pool time with leaseholders
Desired Qualifications include:
- Energetic, dynamic and positive leader that works well in and independent role, possesses strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills;
- A strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ progressive coaching experience with a history of leading both novice and high-level age-group swimmers;
- History of working successfully to develop competitive, high-level swimmers by advancing athletes through an age-group program;
- Bachelor degree
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification;
- Serve as a positive role model for young athletes maintaining high ethical and moral standards;
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents;
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications/training including athlete protection, first aid, CPR, AED, coaches safety, etc;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other coaches, the Board of Directors, the local swim center management/staff, volunteers, parents and athletes and be a strong advocate for the sport of competitive swimming
- Ability and desire to serve in various capacities in support of the NM LSC;
- Proficient computer skills and effective knowledge of Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager, and Microsoft applications (MSWord, Excel, etc.);
- Ability and commitment to abide by USA Swimming Code of Conduct;
- A clean driving record and the ability to travel to all scheduled meets both intrastate and interstate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique, training, dryland progressions, and taper strategies for a range of swimmer ages and abilities;
- Ability to embody the Club’s core values including respect, family and personal development and instill and educate swimmers and parents about the role and value of excellence, commitment and competition in high-level performance;
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including, education allowance, travel expense reimbursement, personal/sick leave and incentive bonus. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2017. This job announcement will remain open until filled.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
with arena USA
Have you been waiting for your DREAM JOB in the swimming industry? Well then we’ve been waiting for you!
arena USA is currently hiring a Team Technical Specialist for the West Coast.
Applicants must live or be willing to locate to apply (preferred location in Southern California).
with Beard Swim Co.
Beard Swim Co. is now hiring swim instructors in Gig Harbor, WA
At Beard Swim Co. we believe the ability to swim is one of the most important gifts you can give a child and it is our goal to provide them with the proficiency and confidence needed to safely immerse themselves in the aquatic environments and activities they will encounter throughout life.
If you’re passionate about sharing the love of swimming with future generations and would like to work in a fun, team-oriented environment alongside 4-Time Olympian Amanda Beard, just bring your camaraderie, confidence, and smiles and we’ll provide the training you need. Swimming is our life and we want it to be a part of yours!
We are currently looking for…
Swim Instructors • Jump in the pool with our team and help us create water-smart kids. Previous experience is a bonus but not necessary. We will train you.
Lifeguards • Water safety at Beard Swim Co. is paramount! Red Cross certification preferred but not required. Want or need more certifications? Come work with us and we will help you achieve your goals.
Sales Associates • Help our customers sign in and assist them with any needs they have before, during, and after their class time. Retail sales experience and/or reception experience is a bonus but not necessary.
We are a new business and an expanding team which means there will be future performance based opportunities for employees seeking advancement.
If you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions, please send us a current resume and your detailed availability.
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Cincinnati Marlins, a team of 400-500 athletes, are seeking Lead Coaches for Senior Group at our Central location (Keating Natatorium) and Northern Kentucky University. Full-time or Part-time opportunities may be available.
- Plan season training for the Senior group and write practices.
- Coordinate & implement training plan at assigned practice sessions including dryland.
- Attend meets where senior swimmers are in attendance.
- Complete meet entries for all Senior athletes.
- Communicate with the Head Coach and other Senior coaches on training principles and Saturday practice plans that include all Marlins locations.
- Communicate with group parents regarding practices, meets and concerns.
- Work with other group coaches to determine move ups for the swimmers.
- Create practice schedules with the lead site coach.
- Competitive swimming background.
- 1-3 years USA Swimming coaching experience (Senior level preferred).
- Strong understanding of training principles and technique development.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Energy and passion for the sport and youth development.
- Applicants must be current with all USA Swimming safety coaching requirements or be willing to obtain them.
- Applicants must be able to pass a USA Swimming background check prior to final hire.
- Start Date: Aug 1 or Sept 1
- For more information about the Marlins, visit our website at www.cincy-marlins.com
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume to Head Coach Brad Isham at [email protected] by Thursday, June 15.
The Cincinnati Marlins were founded in 1961. Through nearly a half century the Marlins have defined excellence in swimming. These efforts have produced one National Title, 5 Junior National Titles, over 80 State Titles, 18 Olympians and 19 Olympic medals.
Our Central training site is located at Keating Natatorium on the campus of St. Xavier High School. We also offer training at Princeton High School, Sycamore High School and Northern Kentucky University.
Four training locations … One Team.
with Sun Prairie Storm
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Age Group Coach. This individual would report directly to the Head Coach and would work with the Head Coach to direct our age group program and plan the season schedule. He or she would serve as the lead coach for our Thunderstorm (novice 10-under) and Tropical Storm (developing 10-under) groups. He/she would be expected to attend 2-3 meets per month. In addition he or she would train our Masters group 1-2 times per week.
High School Diploma
Ability to pass all necessary background checks
Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications
Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
Strong administrative, communication, and leadership skills.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
ASCA Level 2 certification
Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
We look to select our candidate to begin at the start of the 2017-2018 short course season, but will begin earlier if the perfect candidate emerges.
Salary commensurate with experience
Reimbursement for certifications & meet expenses
To Learn More About SPS
Visit www.spstorm.com .
with This is a partnership with the Edmonton Keyano Swim Club, Swim Alberta and the University of Alberta
Performance Coach – Swimming
In partnership with the Edmonton Keyano Swim Club (EKSC), Swim Alberta and the University of Alberta, we are seeking a Performance Coach in Edmonton. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with a demonstrated history of coaching success to join this partnership. Through this partnership, we are creating an environment where you will be able to focus only on coaching, mentoring and athlete development in the Edmonton area without the distractions of the daily running and operations of a swim club. You will build a strong athlete pathway alignment with the partner club, varsity program, and other clubs in the area while still respecting the coach-athlete relationship of athletes outside of the partner club. A primary focus of this position will be the identification and development of targeted performance athletes and progressions of their performances beyond the national level. The skills and attributes you would bring to the position include:
• Proven experience working in a high-performance sport environment
• Demonstrated history to mentor and provide leadership to both coaches and athletes
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, a proven self-starter and an effective communicator
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Highly effective planning and organization skills
• Currently hold a minimum NCCP Level 3 certification (or equivalent) and have experience developing athletes and coaching at the senior international level. NCCP level 4 or Advanced Coaching Diploma would be considered an asset.
As the Performance Coach, you will be directly responsible for:
• Provide overall direction and world-class leadership for the High-Performance Program Initiative – North (HPPI-N) with an overall objective of producing performances beyond the national level.
• Development of a strong athlete pathway alignment with the partner club (Edmonton Keyano Swim Club), varsity program and other clubs in the area while respecting the coach-athlete relationship of athletes outside of the partner club.
• Identification and development of targeted performance athletes and progressions of their performances beyond the national level.
• Deliver pool deck coaching in a world-class daily training environment.
• Deliver a performance focused, IST supported training program.
• In consultation with the High-Performance Program Initiative – South (HPPI-S), develop and implement an annual training and competition plan that optimizes the programs operational funding while providing the necessary components for the development of the athletes.
• Act as a lead and mentor to other coaches in Alberta by actively sharing information – technical, training and development; and working directly with coaches of identified athletes to support the development of both the coach and athlete.
• Facilitating athlete visitations into the training group when it is in the best interest for the athlete development.
• Participate in planning and evaluation meetings as required.
• In conjunction with the High-Performance Program Initiative – South(HPPI-S) provide guidance to Swim Alberta Technical & Funding Programs, including the leading of tour teams as required (Aspire & Excel).
• Liaising with the Swim Alberta Sport Development Director(s) on alignment of programs and related roles
• Liaising and working with athletes who have been selected to Swimming Canada Junior National or National Teams.
• Attending all Provincial Championships, National Trial Events and National Championships
• Involvement and attendance at Provincial Technical Meetings (Swimming Canada) and other required Swimming Canada Meetings. (Note: this might be a shared responsibility with HPPI – South).
• Provide guidance to strategic initiatives of Swim Alberta including strategic planning and membership meetings.
• Working in conjunction with the EKSC coaching staff to ensure direct alignment of the athlete pathway and technical programs of the club for both athletes and coaches.
• Provide guidance and leadership to strategic initiatives of the EKSC including strategic planning, strategic membership meetings such as Town Hall meetings etc.
University of Alberta – Varsity Responsibilities:
• Working in conjunction with the UA Varsity Swim Coach to ensure direct alignment of the athlete pathway and technical programs of the university for both athletes and coaches.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Performance Coach will report on a daily basis to the Swim Alberta, Executive Director; and be accountable to the High-Performance Program Initiative Oversight committee; with regular interactions with the Head Coach/General Manager of the Edmonton Keyano Swim Club.
with Sienna Plantation Aquatics
Sienna Plantation Aquatics (SPA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Full Time Assistant Coach with excellent leadership, coaching and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be committed to the team’s Mission Statement, Goals and Values, be confident in his or her ability to work effectively with the team parents, coaching staff, and be dedicated to the development of student athletes from the developmental swimmer to the National Qualifier. The position is available to begin in August, 2017.
The full time Assistant Coach will oversee the training activities of assigned training groups. A complete job description is available upon request. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Coach at least two assigned training groups
- Communicate well with our athlete’s families
- Recruit and retain swimmers
SPA offers a competitive total compensation package including:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Team office
SPA covers cost of work related travel expenses, professional dues and provides a budget for continuing education and coach development.
- High School diploma required
- Minimum one year coaching experience on USA Swimming affiliated team or equivalent
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Possess excellent knowledge of the technical and training aspects of competitive swimming with proven record of excellent swimmer progression
- Able to communicate extremely well with parents and swimmers
- A contagious, enthusiastic attitude and ability to motivate swimmers to achieve their best
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must pass all appropriate background checks
with Southern California Swimming
The Southern California Swimming office is moving to a more centrally-located spot in the LA area (site TBD).
The Office Manager of Southern California Swimming is a full-time position, responsible for all aspects of Registration/Membership for 22,000+ athletes, coaches, officials, and clubs. In addition to registration, the Office Manager handles the collection of daily mail, makes all deposits and does a monthly bank statement reconciliation, runs the meet recon on registration, handles phone calls from parents, coaches, and clubs, and other duties as assigned to maintain the organization’s documents and upkeep of the office.
The successful candidate will be proficient in Word, Excel and Quickbooks, familiar with swimming administration/governance, a good proofreader, detail-oriented, independent/Self-starter, problem-solver, have a helpful customer service attitude, eager to take on new tasks, and be able to pass random/unannounced drug tests (including for marijuana).
Office Hours: 8am-4:30pm, with an hour lunch break
Vacation: 2 weeks/year
Sick time: 3 days/year
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
with Bard College
Bard College, located in Northern Dutchess County, New York, invites nominations and applications for a full-time Head Men’s and Women’s Swim and Dive Coach/Aquatics Director.
Duties range from training and contest preparation, recruitment of student-athletes, program development and conducting the program within the philosophies of the Department of Athletics. The position also oversees all aspects of natatorium operations, compliance and safety including lifeguard hiring and oversight. Bard is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League.
- Experience in intercollegiate coaching.
- Must have experience in effective and safe pool management.
- Preferred experience in directing or managing aquatics areas.
- Certifications preferred as Certified Pool Operator or Aquatics Facility Operator, Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifeguard Training Instructor.
- Certification in Lifeguard Management, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers. CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor Certification.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.
with Seacoast Swimming Association
SSA looking for Assistant Swim Coaches
DOVER, NH — Seacoast Swimming Association is looking to hire part-time assistant swim coaches beginning with the current 2017 Long Course Season.
Qualified candidates should expect to coach at several levels – age group, junior and senior. Candidates should have at least one year of coaching experience, or a background of competitive swimming at the collegiate level. USA Coaching certification is desired but we are willing to work with the right candidates to obtain USA Swimming certification.
The ability to teach competitive basic stroke technique and a positive attitude are a must. Candidates should also be able to communicate with other staff and parents effectively and professionally.
Seacoast, based out of the Dover public pools and the University of New Hampshire, is a nationally recognized USA Swim program based in the Seacoast of New Hampshire and southern Maine.
with Kalamazoo College
Nature of duties:
Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, MI, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts institution in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, is seeking to fill a position as assistant men’s and women’s swimming coach. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative appointment. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in the development of, leading and organizing all facets of a Division III men’s and women’s swimming program, knowledge of and adherence to MIAA and NCAA rules, recruiting, practice planning and execution, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, and mentoring student-athletes.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, with proven successful men’s and/or women’s swimming coaching experience and/or swimming experience, the ability to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends, a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accord with the College’s driver policy.
An equal opportunity employer, Kalamazoo College is committed to equal rights, equal opportunities, and equal protection under the law. The College administers its programs without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, disability as protected by law, sexual orientation or gender identity.
with Seton Hall University
The assistant coach for men’s and women’s swimming will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program that participates in NCAA Division I competition. Duties include but are not limited to: coaching, recruiting, coordinating practices, assisting with team travel, program development, procuring equipment and other duties as assigned by the head coach. The assistant coach is responsible for the concerns and welfare of his/her student athletes both on and off the field of competition. This includes monitoring the academic performance and furthering the success of the team in meeting academic and eligibility criteria set forth by the university and the NCAA. The assistant coach is responsible for the safety, behavior and appearance of the student-athletes and managers under his/her direction while representing the university. This includes all facets of daily interaction with academic, resident and student life communities as well as all entities involved in travel and competition for away contests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist head coach with coaching. Provide instruction and teaching to student-athletes to improve their overall level of performance from one year to the next.
- As a position or event specialist, evaluate student-athletes to identify strengths and deficiencies, and design instructional opportunities to teach students how to improve technical and strategic execution based on sound motor learning and bio-mechanical principles.
- Assist in conducting conditioning programs, encompassing recognized and approved methods of improving power, speed, strength and aerobic performance, consistent with industry safety and health standards. Assist all practice sessions while incorporating basic sport strategies, as is deemed appropriate.
- Incorporate position specific learning opportunities into daily practice design as directed by head coach including instruction on proper swimming strokes.
- Design and maintain historical databases to be used for trend analysis. Conduct analysis and provide support on projects ranging from student athlete enrollment studies to coaching trends in an effort to design better instructional techniques and programs for student athletes.
- On an as needed basis, is responsible for producing instructional and safety guideline materials for student athletes including but not limited to: manuals or electronic publications (e.g. emails, websites, etc.) for summer conditioning, technical play books, and team handbooks.
- As an NCAA certified recruiter, successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- As an on-campus recruiter, collaborate with other department and university staff in designing official and unofficial visits in compliance with all university, Big East Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college officials, amateur club coaches, and coaches within the sport’s national governing body for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
- Extract, manipulate, and analyze complex data for recruiting purposes from databases such as the student data warehouse, National Student Clearinghouse, and other data sources.
- Develop, maintain, and use master recruit databases to support decision-making, assessments, evaluations, and program review.
- Conduct periodic review and evaluation of program goals, analyzing findings, identifying areas requiring improvement, and pursuing more efficient methods and processes.
- Maintain, monitor and archive all required records and paperwork per regulatory requirements (e.g. state, federal and NCAA compliance) and maintain documentation of sources of information and completed projects.
- Participate in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances. Consult with assigned Media Services staff regarding game preparations.
- Must understand and comply with all NCAA and Big East rules and regulations at all times. Lack of compliance could result in severe Big East or NCAA sanctions for the program, the department and the university. Consult with Compliance office staff to evaluate each request to ensure compliance with NCAA regulations.
- In coordination with the Equipment Manager, monitor the condition of equipment and request repairs or replacement as necessary.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution and approved fundraising activities.
- Keep current in knowledge about issues affecting the athletic program, including internal and external events, discussions and concerns.
- Assist with or manage awards (e.g. annual participation/letter awards, special achievement award and post-season or championship awards) per departmental policy and NCAA rules.
- Assist with or manage the team’s annual awards banquet, per university policies and NCAA rules
- Assistant Coach is expected to conduct him/herself in a loyal, honest, responsible, ethical and professional manner at all times.
with Northeastern University
The Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming & Diving, will work with the head coach in maintaining a highly competitive Division I program to include: practice and meet coaching, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, compliance of NCAA and institutional rules, fund raising, off season conditioning, and administrative tasks.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Candidate should have up to three years of coaching and recruiting experience in Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving; a thorough knowledge recruiting practices and NCAA regulations; good organizational, communication, and time management skills; and the ability to take on multiple tasks and work independently or in a team setting. The candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends as well as be available for travel depending on the game schedules. Previous collegiate competition experience is preferred.
with Aiken Pacer Aquatic Club (APAC)
Aiken Pacer Aquatic Club (APAC) Head Coach Opening
APAC Swim Team is a competitive swim club based in Aiken, SC.
APAC formally began as a competitive swim team in November of 2016, and made an impressive showing at South Carolina’s Short Course State Meet during its inaugural year finishing 10th out of 21 teams from across South Carolina with 18 swimmers competing. These finishes included 13 State Champion Finishes and 10 – 2nd place Finishes!
During the Long course season, we currently have approximately 60 full-time swimmers and a staff of 3 excellent assistant coaches. These coaches create an atmosphere that is safe, fun, and educational for all levels of swimming. Our coaches also create a structure that will provide swimmers the opportunity to achieve the very highest levels of competitive swimming.
APAC HEAD COACH RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- The Head Coach creates a positive team environment in pursuit of excellence.
- Supervision of and collaborative work with assistant coaches. Annual reviews and goal setting with all coaches.
- Coaching and oversight of all swimmer groups working closely with assistant coaches; Head coach for the Ultra Pacer Group.
- Development of the competitive program and coaching strategy for each season; in-water and dryland training, keeping in mind the health of the swimmer.
- Annual and seasonal plan development and reviews; goal meetings with Ultra Swimmers and oversight of goal meetings through assistant coaching staff.
- Team management, Meet management, Meet entries and athlete registration and requirements oversight.
- Management and evaluation of athlete goal setting, tracking of athlete and team performance, informing the team and athletes of that performance and discussion of future goals.
- Parent meetings, Board meeting and athlete communication
- Other duties as listed in the Head Coach job description.
Required Qualifications for the APAC HEAD COACH:
- Two years or more experience as Head Coach or Director of a competitive Swim Club.
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks, certifications/training, including athlete protection, first aid, CPR, AED, coaches safety, etc.
- Energetic and Positive motivator that possesses strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- History that proves a successful background in competitive swimming, developing all levels of swimmers and advancing them to higher levels of achievement.
- Must be a positive role model for young athletes with high ethical and moral standards, a clean driving record and history of appropriate interactions with swimmers , parents and coaches, always showing respect.
- Proficient computer skills preferably with Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager and Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours such as evenings, early mornings and weekends to cover pool practice times.
Preferred Qualifications for the Head Coach:
- ASCA Level 3 or higher certification
- Background in competitive swimming with a club team, working with a board and developing swimmers of all age groups.
with Franklin College Swimming & Diving
****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***********
Franklin College (Indiana), a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, invites applications for an assistant men’s and women’s swimming coach-intern. The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in all aspects of the swimming program, including skill development, recruiting and other duties assigned by the head coach. Position begins August 1, 2017.
Requirements: bachelor’s degree, collegiate competitive and/or coaching experience. Compensation for this 10-month, part-time position includes stipend, Franklin College tuition remission, room and board. Additional part-time employment on/near campus is possible.
The College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment and to ensuring that educational and employment decisions are based on individuals’ abilities and qualifications. Consistent with these principles and applicable laws, it is therefore the College’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status as consistent with the Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment and Related Misconduct. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. Such a policy ensures that only relevant factors are considered and that equitable and consistent standards of conduct and performance are applied.