with Level Water
Are you energetic, organised and fast-moving?
Take total ownership of program delivery at a fast-growing charity.
Whenever I meet people, I ask them who they’ve worked with that is great. Most people only know one or two great people. If you’re one of them, keep reading.
This role is not for everyone – we have a tiny team, move fast and work very independently. It feels a lot like working at a startup and you’ll need to have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll be given a lot of space to succeed.
Level Water is a charity startup that is growing fast.
We are planning to go from £150k to £1m of charitable spend in the next five years, and you’ll be delivering it.
We provide free one-to-one swimming lessons for disabled children. Once they’ve learnt the basics we help them integrate into mainstream groups and progress to competitive swimming clubs. This gives them a chance to be involved in sport, and to develop confidence, self-esteem and resilience. These skills will help them throughout life.
We have doubled in size every year and are now teaching 450 children a week in 50 pools around the country.
We measure our success by the quality and quantity of swimming lessons that we provide.
Your job will be to improve both of those, substantially. For the right person, this role will grow into a National Operations Director, overseeing a team of 3-5 regional people and with salary growth to reflect it.
Your first role will be to manage new applications for swimming lessons. That means you’ll pick up emails, decide whether we can help people and then arrange lessons for them. By the end of your first year you’ll be running our relationship with 100 pools, 500 swim teachers and 1,000 families. That process is mostly manual now, but one of your first projects will be to move it to a database and automate it as much as possible. We have several processes that need to be redesigned or designed for the first time, and it’s your job to do that (and make your own job easier).
Once you’ve got that nailed, there are endless possibilities for you to get more involved with. This year we want to:
– Develop a way of testing new swim teaching approaches
– Build our own network of teacher trainers
– Make sure teachers, families and swimming pools understand our work
– Measure and benchmark our teachers and pools against each other
– Double our operations
The biggest single skill you will need here is to be a self-starter who can make new things happen under your own initiative.
You will probably sit with our Director and we’ll give you an introduction to the charity’s operations, but over time you will entirely design your own workload, choose what to go for and be responsible for your own results. You will likely travel 4-6 days per month with the occasional overnight stay.
To increase the quality and quantity of our lessons, you will need to:
– Be crazy-organised (literally manage relationships with 1,000 people)
– Be persuasive, and convince people to get more involved in our work
– Lead on strategy and planning as well as day-to-day process and execution
– Be positive, and generate enthusiasm in others
– Be sensitive, including conversations about disabilities and telling people we can’t help them
– Teach yourself how to do something new, fast (Rapid prototyping? Employee engagement? Monitoring and Evaluation? Database design?)
– Pick up the phone (not just hide behind email)
This is a great role for the right person, where you can quickly prove yourself and take on more responsibility as we grow. We run a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) which means that you have no fixed hours of work – just do a great job in a way that works for you.
£25-35k basic, plus performance-related bonus.
You will have targets and a bonus
We will agree a balanced scorecard of targets for the year, and a strong steer on what you’ll need to do to get there. There will be a good bonus linked to that.
We can be flexible about your working arrangement
It is our preference that you are in Tunbridge Wells and work full-time.
We don’t work 9-5 and you don’t need to either.
We will agree the outcomes that you’ll deliver each month.
It’s up to you how best to achieve them.
For the right candidate we may be able to discuss remote work.
with Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University, a NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking applicants for a graduate assistant coaching position for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming Team. This position will assist with all aspects of supporting a collegiate program, including daily practices, videotaping, home meet management, student-athlete academic success, travel as well as compliance with all NCAA, A-10 and university rules and regulations.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and acceptance into a Saint Louis University Graduate School program is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in collegiate and/or high school swimming, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate student-athletes in a group or individual setting. Computer skills (MS Office, excel) are required. Qualified applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
with FINIS, Inc.
The FINIS Strategic Account Team is seeking the best and brightest to take our e-commerce presence to the next level. This role is responsible for optimizing sales and brand presence on strategic e-commerce platforms globally. The position will report to the Senior Director of Sales. This candidate will thrive in an energetic, fast-paced environment while maintaining the discipline to be methodical and organized to handle multiple priorities.
The way we tell our company story on the e-commerce platform is critical to our success. This role will have a clear understanding of FINIS brand values and how the brand contributes to the company success. This position will work closely with the appropriate language translation liaisons. The Strategic Accounts Team is a part of the FINIS Sales and Marketing team. Sound like you? Great! Tell us your story! We look forward to hearing more about you and why you would be a good fit to our team.
- Develop relationships with e-commerce partners, working with them to drive sales through web optimization and enhancement of the FINIS brand and customer experience when shopping FINIS
- Identify new, strategic e-Commerce opportunities globally
- Executing all new products on all strategic platforms identified
- Improve the FINIS catalogs by controlling the content, reviewing the sales metrics and taking the appropriate actions needed
- Advance the consumer experience when reviewing FINIS products to land the buy box into the shopping cart
- Increase the ability for consumers to land on FINIS when searching for like swim products
- Optimize all marketing and data-related activities on the various platforms
- Work with the Product Marketing Lead in developing marketing campaigns best suited for driving impressions and ultimately sales to the consumer on strategic platforms identified
- Review analytics through reporting systems to identify areas of success as well as areas needing improvement
- Work with strategic platforms on providing effective forecasts to our Purchasing team.
- Quality control of translation content
- Assist FINIS product development and customer service teams with data from key product reviews
- Identify and secure the services of 3rd party, e-commerce specialists that works with manufactures concerned about counterfeit product, trademark infringement, MAP pricing and Reviews concerns.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business, statistics or related field
- 3+ Years of e-Commerce sales and analytics
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills in regards to time estimation and project management
- Thrives in team settings, but embraces independence and operates under a self-motivated mindset to tackle large projects
- Highly self motivated
- Excellent computer skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Swimming background appreciated
PAY & BENEFITS
- Base compensation level varies on education and experience levels
- Benefits we offer include:
- Medical and Transportation Flexible Spending
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please email a combined PDF resume and cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT FINIS, Inc.
In 1993, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Pablo Morales and John Mix founded FINIS in Northern California. The Monofin and the center-mount Snorkel were the first products FINIS developed for the US market, and have since continued to focus on creating training tools for swimmers and coaches worldwide. FINIS products are currently available in over 80 countries.
with Berkeley Aquatic Synchro
The Berkeley Aquatic Club is located in Berkeley Heights, NJ and is part of an elite aquatic program with two pool facilities. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is passionate about synchro and is eager to develop a program for this upcoming new team. Coaching experience is preferred with previous synchronized swimming skills a must. Current CPR and First Aid certification required. Good communication skills. We have a pool with LOTS of available pool time and access to training facilities and yoga studio.
- Design and implement training system of basic skills development for all levels of athletes
- Structuring and organizing practice time
- Providing on-deck coaching for swimmers
- Attend competitions
- Choreography and routine development
- Selection and editing of music
Interested candidates must be available and willing to participate in further coaches training, and any other training requested by the BAC facility and/or USA Synchro.
We have a seasoned part-time staff of synchro coaches for all levels. Current coach also serves as liason with the Parent Association. Our program includes synchro classes for swimmers interested in learning about synchro, a pre-team for development of swimmers before joining the team, and our competitive team, which includes intermediate and age group swimmers.
The practice schedule is weeknights and Saturday mornings.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position is full time. Competitive salary is being offered. Please send your resume and any questions to [email protected].
with Colorado College
Under the general supervision of the Head Swimming Coach, the Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for assisting with all areas of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. This includes, but is not limited to: coordinating recruiting; preparing and coaching at practices and competitions; arranging team travel; creating a positive team environment, etc.
Successful swimming coaching experience, with collegiate coaching experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree. Computer skills, including a working knowledge of social media platforms, recruiting software, Hy-Tek software, etc.
This is a full-time, 9 month position. $20,000 plus BENEFITS.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a letter of application, résumé, and list of references to: Anne Goodman James, Head Swimming Coach, [email protected]
Review begins immediately, and until the position is filled.
ABOUT COLORADO COLLEGE
Colorado College is a private, nationally ranked, liberal arts and sciences college in Colorado Springs. We study in a special one class at a time format, known as the Block Plan. The Colorado College Tigers compete in NCAA Division III, and the SCAC (Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference).
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Colorado College
with University of the South
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in techniques and fundamentals of the respective sport.
2. Organize and execute effective team practices and coaching under the direction of the head coach.
3. Assist head coach with student-athlete assessment.
4 Identify, evaluate, and encourage application and acceptance of student athletes in accordance with University, NCAA, and SAA policies and regulations.
5. Assist Aquatics Director in all pool operations (staffing, training, coordinating the cleaning of pool, and chemical balancing on the water).
6. Assist in meet administration.
7. Participate in speaking engagements for the Sewanee Club and support community initiatives.
8. Instruct students in one or more physical education courses.
9. Perform collateral departmental duties, as required, such as intramural coordination, event management or coaching a secondary sport.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field
Experience: 1-3 years coaching experience at high school or collegiate level or experience competing as an athlete at the collegiate level
Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations
Job Related Skills: Knowledge of HY-Tek software, and functional knowledge of Excel, Word and Google Documents. Also, knowledge of how to use social media to promote the men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs.
Licenses/Certification: Valid Tennessee Driver’s license; NCAA Compliance certification
Working Environment: Work is performed in office environment with significant amount of time spent either outdoors on playing fields, in pool area, or other athletic facility as specific sport(s) requires.
Significant travel required for recruiting and competition.
University Information: The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
EEO Statement: The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.
with University of New Hampshire
*****This position has been filled*****
The Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming and Diving will assist in the training, development and retention of athletically talented student-athletes to compete successfully at the Division I level, while ensuring their welfare. Other responsibilities include coordinating team recruitment and managing NCAA compliance utilizing the department’s compliance software.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and a successful background in coaching swimming and diving at the collegiate level. The candidate will also have demonstrated a commitment to promoting excellence to achieving ethnic, gender and cultural diversity. Additional preferred qualifications include: experience participating in the sport at the collegiate level, public relations skills, excellent communication, organizational and leadership ability. Candidate should display a sense of humor and a positive attitude. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For a more comprehensive job description or to apply, visit https://jobs.usnh.edu. Please complete an online application and submit your resume and cover letter online. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials by May 19th. The search will continue until the position has been filled. Applicants for this position are subject to a background check. The University of New Hampshire is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
with Duquesne University
Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach – Position Number 10-352
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of the women’s swimming and diving program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Display an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic-10 and Duquesne University regulations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes.
- Support the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department.
- Provide student-athletes with appropriate on deck coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction.
- Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university’s academic standards.
- Manage alumni relations and organize community service events for the program.
- Assist in maintaining Tower Pool, manage and schedule lifeguards, supervise pool scheduling.
- A thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- A demonstrated expertise in coaching women’s swimming is required for this position.
- The ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is a fundamental competency.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.
- Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid
- USA Swimming Certified Coach (Preferred)
- Certified Pool Operator License (Preferred)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable for this position.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.
with FINIS, Inc.
FINIS, Inc. is on the search for a Graphic Designer (who has a love for the print space) to join our mighty and energetic Sales and Marketing Team! This individual would play a critical role as a member of the Creative Team to help amplify the visual and vocal identity of the FINIS brand.
This position will be based at our headquarters, in Livermore, California, and will report to the Creative Manager. He or she will primarily be responsible for delivering strong print design visuals, as well as taking a leadership role in designing trade show and in-store merchandise spaces. This will include working closely with Sales and Marketing to execute concepts that will optimize the FINIS brand presence and achieve the FINIS mission, vision and values around the world.
As a key contributor to the Creative Team, this member needs a strong understanding on the fundamentals of visual design disciplines and principles. The way we tell our company story is very important to us, so this person must demonstrate a high regard for the FINIS brand and have the ability to push the limits of design by endlessly innovating.
Sound like you? Great. Tell us your story! We are excited to learn why you would be a good fit with our team.
- Interpret creative briefs and execute visually striking designs that properly reflect the FINIS brand visually and vocally
- Lead design in print based graphics – including print advertisements, catalog, flyers, packaging, brochures, etc.
- Execute final print production – including external print house communication and in-house print projects
- Lead design for US tradeshow, event graphics, and in-store merchandise
- Manage an organized workspace and archive work properly
- Collaborate with members of the Creative, Sales, Marketing and Product Development teams
- Assist with design and support for the FINIS US Custom Team
- Improves the FINIS user experience by bringing the brand to life and keeping it consistent across various touch points
- Excellent communication and written skills, maintain openness and respond professionally to customers and other members on Team FINIS
- Maintain an organized archive of creative assets
- Flexibility to shift priorities quickly within a fast-paced work environment
- Capable of working independently and with a team
- Critical eye for visual consistency
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Maintain personal tenacity and resilience throughout the creative process
- Apply critical thinking to business problems and deliver thoughtful, elegant solutions
- Be a team player who can operate effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable and passionate about FINIS
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field required
- Portfolio demonstrating mastery in fundamental visual design disciplines and
principles – please submit with your application
- Preferred background in swimming
PAY & BENEFITS
Base compensation level varies depending on education and experience level we offer:
- Medical & Transportation Flexible Spending
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please email a combined PDF resume, cover letter and portfolio (attach or included link) to [email protected].
In 1993, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Pablo Morales and John Mix founded FINIS in Northern California. The Monofin and the center-mount Snorkel were the first products FINIS developed for the US market, and have since continued to focus on creating training tools for swimmers and coaches worldwide. FINIS products are currently available in over 65 countries and are used by US and International Olympic teams, elite triathletes, and fitness swimmers.
Innovative research and design is our highest priority. It’s our personal vow to continue to design and engineer the best technical products in the industry.
with Babson College
Babson College, located in Wellesley, MA, is seeking a part time swimming assistant coach for the men’s and women’s teams 2017-2018 starting September 1st.
This position assists the head coach in the development and administration of the program. Duties include but are not limited to the day-to-day organizing, preparing, conducting, and evaluating of practices and competition which includes teaching advanced level skills, and assisting with communication and recruitment of student athletes.
Bachelor’s degree required with previous coaching experience on the high school, club or college level preferred. Must maintain first aid, CPR and AED certification throughout appointment. Lifeguard certification preferred.
with Shorewood Swim Club
Shorewood Swim Swim Club
Head Age Group Coach
The Shorewood Swim Club is a competitive USA Swimming Team located just north of Milwaukee, WI. The team has 200+ active members, ranging from Novice to National level swimmers. The team consistently places in the top 10 at the WI State meets, and has developed numerous Olympic Trial, National, and Junior National level swimmers. The philosophy of the team is Athlete-centered, Coach-directed, and Parent-supported.
We are looking to hire a Head Age Group Coach/Business Manager responsible for ensuring the recruiting, development, and performance of the Shorewood Swim Club Age Group Program, and reports directly to the SSC Head Coach. Other duties would include running Registration and Billing through the Team Unify site.
General Job Duties
- Coaches the Age Group – Gold
- Designs and implements season plan for teaching and training
- Designs and implements daily practices
- Attend all scheduled practices
- Actively engaged in running effective practices
- Evaluates seasonal and daily practices
- Assists with recruitment & retention of swimmers
- Coaches other groups as assigned by Head Coach
- Implements training and teaching progressions developed by HC and staff
- Motivates athletes to reach potential
- Assists with group placements and criteria for advancement for all groups
- Recommends individual events and relays for all meets
- Attends meets as assigned by Head Coach
- Attends all pertinent meetings at meets
- Implements parent education
- Maintain daily attendance records for training groups
- Has authority to dismiss a swimmer on a temporary basis, with approval of Head Coach
- Other related duties as assigned by Head Coach
• Works with Head Coach to execute vision, mission and objectives for team
- Monthly written reports to the Head Coach
- Communicates regularly with Head Coach
- Works with Board positions as needed
- Communicates with membership via phone and e-mail
- Attends BOD and other pertinent meetings
- Assists with fundraising activities as needed
- Responds promptly to all parent/swimmer communication
- Other related duties as assigned by Head Coach
Business Manager Duties
- Work with Board and Head Coach to determine fee structure
- Maintain and update Registration Calendar
- Online Registration
- Set up registration groups, payment options, etc. 4-6 times per year
- Include pertinent info in online set up (policies, procedures, etc)
- Enter Meet/Activity Billing (3-4 times each month)
- Enter Travel Billing (2-3 times each season)
- Set up individual payment plans (approved by Head Coach/Board)
- Communication with Board regarding past due accounts
- Club Communication
- Respond to new/returning swimmer questions and inquiries
- Schedule and Manage New swimmer Assessments
- Meet with Club Treasurer and Head Coach regularly to ensure accurate reporting
- USA Registrations/Certifications
- Complete and submit USA Registrations to LSC Chair
- Complete and Submit all staff/non-athlete Registrations
- Maintain and coordinate a record of staff certifications
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- A college degree (preferred, but not required)
- Candidates should have coaching experience that illustrates the following traits: organized, good communicator, energetic, team player, shows initiative
- Must be prepared to develop swimmers, rather than manage great athletes.
- Prior coaching experience working with a USA Swimming team and Age Group athletes for at least 5 years, including time as a Lead Coach for a group
- Demonstrated record of producing well-rounded swimmers with excellent technique and racing skills
- Experience with Team Unify web sites
Salary will be commensurate with experience, with a range starting at $40,000-$50,000. Benefits include Paid Vacation/Holiday, SEP retirement plan, stipend for phone/internet. Shorewood Swim Club also pays for all USA Swimming requirements (USA membership, background screening, STFSC) and lifeguard training (Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid/AED). There are also opportunities for professional development/certifications, attendance at clinics, etc.
Shorewood Swim Club also offers an excellent working environment, with a stable Head Coach (27+ years), supportive Board, and reasonable working hours (done by 7:30 most evenings).
How to Apply: Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in the position, resume, including 3 references, and one page statement on coaching philosophy to:
David Westfahl – [email protected]
Deadline: Sunday, May 28th
Start Date: Flexible- between June 12th and August 15th
with Nexus International School (Singapore)
Qualifications and Training
- Preferably FINA level 2 or ASA level 2 coaching qualification (or international equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- Current Workplace First Aid Certificate
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs
- Experience in an international school environment (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years swimming coaching experience in a competitive programme
Knowledge and Understanding
- Practical understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies
- Relevant curriculum knowledge in swimming coaching
- Good knowledge of Hy-Tek swim digital software
- Knowledge of Team Unify is also an advantage
- Ability to run land-training sessions for all ages (strength and conditioning certification is an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (work effectively with students, staff, parents, visitors)
- Computer literate
More information about this role can be found here.
with Countryside YMCA Torpedoes
The Countryside YMCA in Lebanon, OH is searching to hire a dynamic, experienced and committed Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming for our nationally recognized Torpedoes Swim Team.
The Countryside YMCA Torpedoes is a large (235 swimmers and 12 assistant coaches) age group swim program having generated numerous YMCA National Champions, Division I swimming athletes, USA Swimming Jr. and Sr. National Qualifiers as well as Ohio High School State Champions. The Torpedoes National Team consistently finishes in the top 5 at YMCA Short and Long Course Nationals. Countryside YMCA seeks an experienced coach capable of continuing this tradition of swimming excellence. The Head Coach/Competitive Swimming must have a proven record of success in competitive swim team development and program management.
The Head Coach/Director of Competitive Swimming is supervised by YMCA management and will lead a highly organized parent Booster organization. This position supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Countryside YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Must have experience in hiring and training of swim coach staff. The APD/Competitive Swimming must demonstrate personal leadership ability and skill to achieve maximum success through excellent communication, character and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values; Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, and Faith.
Essential Job Tasks
Complete Job Description available at
- Directs and supervises program activities
- Attends and leads Booster board meetings
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs coaches and volunteers as needed
- Develop and implement an appropriate training program, practice schedule and meet schedule for the entire coaching staff and team
- Develop and implement “dry land” strength, conditioning and nutritional program appropriate for all age and swimming levels
- Proficient using Team Unify, Hytek Meet Manager and Microsoft applications
Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Background check
- Five years as the Head Coach of a competitive swimming program including managing and developing two (2) or more assistant coaches
- Ability to obtain a USA Swimming membership
Salary commensurate with experience
Position Availability: Flexible start date with the goal of having Head Coach /Director of Competitive Swimming in place at the start of short course season (on or about August 1, 2017)
with State University of New York (SUNY) at Geneseo
SUNY Geneseo, having built a distinctive intercollegiate athletic program characterized by and nationally honored for its commitments to community service, student leadership development and sportsmanship, seeks an industrious assistant coach and recruiter to assist in the oversight and development of our nationally competitive men’s and women’s swimming and diving program.
The assistant coach will assist the head coach in all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program, including meet day operations and recruiting. Additionally, the assistant coach will serve as the Aquatics Manager and will manage all day to day operations of Alumni Pool. The assistant coach will be expected to act in full accordance with NCAA Division III, SUNYAC, and SUNY Geneseo regulations and procedures.
This is a part-time, ten-month position with a salary of $25,000 and benefits, with a starting date of August 2017.
The successful candidate will possess, at minimum a bachelor’s degree, a record of accomplishment as a competitive swimmer, strong communication and organizational skills, current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid and lifeguard certifications.
Preferred candidates will possess collegiate coaching experience including student-athlete recruitment and meet management; aquatic management experience.
with YMCA of Greater Nasua
14 & Under Age Group Swim Team Coaches
15 & Over Senior Swim Team Coach
Status: Part Time
Location: YMCA of Greater Nashua – Nashua and Merrimack Branches. Nashua, New Hampshire.
Age Group Coaches:
Description: The YMCA of Greater Nashua, with branches in Merrimack and Nashua, is looking to hire several additional part time coaches to work primarily with the Storm Swim Team’s 14 & Under practice groups, beginning this summer with an increase in hours for the Fall/Winter season. The Storm is a competitive team within the YMCA of Greater Nashua, and is home to over 140 athletes ranging from ages 6 to 18, with swimmers ranging in ability from Regional level qualifiers to multiple YMCA and NESwim Championship event winners. In order to be considered for the Age Group position, you must be available varying afternoons and evenings, as well as one day a weekend for meets.
Assistant Senior Coach:
Description: The YMCA of Greater Nashua, with branches in Merrimack and Nashua, is looking to hire an additional Senior team part time coach to work primarily with the Storm Swim Team’s 15&Over practice groups, beginning this summer with an increase in hours for the Fall/Winter season. Top groups with Storm include swimmers with multiple Sectionals, NE Seniors, and YMCA National cuts, any coaches interested in this position must have experience coaching at this level. Coaches interested in this position must have afternoon and evening availability.
Requirements: Candidates should have at least one year of coaching experience, or a background of competitive swimming at the collegiate level. Basic stroke technique, the ability to create a workout and a positive attitude are a must, candidates should also be able to communicate with other staff and parents effectively and professionally.
Candidates should have or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications; Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches is also encouraged. YMCA Principals of Competitive Swimming is preferred, or must be obtained within the first 30 days.
To Apply: Please submit resume and a brief letter describing your coaching experience to Rich Droser, Director of Competitive Aquatics. [email protected]
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE