with Peddie Aquatics
Peddie is seeking qualified applicants to apply for multiple positions as part time assistant coaches. The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic for the sport of swimming with a deep desire to learn the Peddie program. The ability to communicate well and take direction from the group head coach is imperative. This is an excellent opportunity to learn in an educational setting from coaches who are passionate about teaching.
Assistant Coach Openings
Senior Level Assistant Coach – working with 14-18 year old swimmers on a regional/state level.
Junior Level Assistant Coach – working with 6-8 year old swimmers
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university and have either previously coached or swam at a regional/national level. Candidates must pass the USA Swimming background check prior to final hire. We are looking for a coach who is going to bring a tremendous amount of spirit to practice and meets while teaching the foundations of great swimming.
About Peddie Aquatics
Peddie Aquatics is a nationally recognized USA Swimming Club located in Hightstown, New Jersey. The club is operated out of the Peddie School’s new aquatics center. Peddie athletes have competed in every Olympic Games since 1992, combining for 3 gold medals during that time. Swimmers have excelled at the World Championships, Pan Pacific Championships, the Pan American Games, and have qualified for the USA National Junior Team.
with The Race Club
The Race Club is looking for a passionate, youthful person to join their team of expert coaches.
The Race Club wants an enthusiastic, hard working person that is particularly interested in the technical aspects of swimming, but who also has the desire to train athletes.
The Perfect Candidate
A passionate, friendly person that is willing to listen and learn and that can turn a Race Club camp or lesson into one of the best experiences of the client’s life. A coach that treats and respects beginner swimmers and Olympians equally well. A coach that has a keen eye and ability to recognize and correct the technical mistakes of swimmers. A coach that has an interest in science and the physiology and biomechanics of swimming, yet can communicate it to clients in a simple, understandable way. A coach that has extraordinary communication skills and can critique, educate and convey information to swimmers in a positive and constructive way. A coach who wants to make a career of teaching more than coaching.
***This is a unique position. A perfect candidate must be open, flexible and dedicated. Please submit resume, picture and cover letter explaining why you would want to join The Race Club team. We are looking for a personality match and a talented business person. Salary will depend on person and the position we will create together.
About The Race Club
We are striving to become the global leader in teaching swimming technique. We currently have 5 swim camps in Islamorada, FL and 3 swim camps in Los Angeles, CA per year. We book private sessions for clients all year round. While our emphasis is on improving stroke, turn and start technique, we also provide an overview of the five different training disciplines required to reach the highest levels of competition. Outside of coaching swim camps and private sessions, we are seeking someone that also takes initiative to work with us in various aspects of our swimming business, such as marketing, information technology, inventory, accounting, customer relations, website tasks and social media.
with Regency Park Swim Team
The Regency Park Swim Team seeks Head Age Group Coach.
The Head Age Group Coach will be supervising the age group program, and coaching 2-3 training groups. The position will be 20-25 hours on deck per week with practices being held Monday through Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, and possibly some weekday morning as well. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Overseeing and directing the other coaches and their training groups
– Season planning
– Attending staff meetings
– Attending LSC meetings
– Attending an average of 1-2 meets per month
Candidates must have experience with Team Unify and Microsoft Office. It is preferred candidates have at least 3 years competitive coaching experience. In addition, he/she must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC.
The applicant must have experience coaching swimmers 14 and younger, display a strong knowledge of excellent stroke technique, and have prepared swimmers for the senior level.
We are looking for an energetic coach who is active on the deck, enthusiastic about the opportunity, and possesses good communication skills. Our ideal candidate will possess high ethical and moral standards and will be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. We are looking for a coach who has a passion to coach and mentor our swimmers!
Regency Park Swim Team
The Regency Park Swim Team (RPST), located in Fredericksburg, VA. Fredericksburg is in Northern Virginia between Richmond and Washington, DC, just two hours from Virginia Beach and the Shenandoah Mountains and less than an hour from King’s Dominion. RPST is a coach-owned team that was started in 2006 and has experienced growth every year. The team currently has 160+ swimmers ranging from novice to Junior National level, as well as National top 16 qualifiers. We are ready to continue to the next level.
with Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***
Truckee Tahoe Swim Team’s Head Coach for the last 8 years has announced her retirement from our team and we are looking to fill the position starting September 1st, 2015. This is a unique opportunity to lead a competitive swim program while enjoying the many benefits of living in a High Sierra Mountain Community.
Truckee Tahoe Swim Team (TTST) is looking for an experienced, energetic and dedicated Head Coach to oversee all level of swimmers (novice to competitive) for our year round swim team. The Truckee Recreation and Parks District will break ground on a new state-of-the-art 10 lane aquatic facility this spring which will be our team’s new home upon completion of construction.
Head Coach Responsibilities
– Work successfully with our all volunteer Board of Directors and professional coaching staff
– Oversee a growing program that meets the needs of all swimmers (novice, competitive, and elite)
– Recruit new athletes to join team and build community enthusiasm and team camaraderie.
– Develop TTST swimmers’ full potential through refined stroke technique and training
– Maintain a positive attitude and set an example of good sportsmanship, and teach our athletes how to achieve excellence “ in and out of the pool”.
– Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills
– Lead and motivate age group coaches
Head Coach Requirements
– Must have a minimum ASCA level 3 Certification or equivalent
– Current First Aid/CPR and Lifeguard Certification
– Clear background screening and positive references
– Solid competitive swim coaching experience with demonstrated technical expertise
– Must be available to start no later than September 1st, 2015
About Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
TTST is located in Truckee, CA a small tourist/ski town nestled in the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains/North Lake Tahoe area along Interstate 80 near the California-Nevada border. TTST is a non-profit year-round youth team (ages 5-18 year of age) offering training and competitive opportunities for swimmers of all abilities to reach their personal as well as team goals. Our goal is to provide a fun, supportive, competitive environment that fosters life-long love of swimming. TTST currently trains at the Truckee Community Pool located behind Truckee High School. Estimated completion of our new aquatic facility is scheduled for fall 2016. TTST average number of members range 65-100 year round and is at the low number in winter time when ski team is in session.
with U.S. Masters Swimming
The Education Manager has a dual responsibility of administering USMS adult learn-to-swim instructor certification program and administering our Swimming Saves Lives Foundation program. This position is full time and located in Sarasota, Fla. This position reports directly to the Education Director.
ALTS Instructor Certification Management
Coordinate the delivery of the USMS Adult Learn-to-Swim (ALTS) instructor certification teaching schedule including but not limited to, identifying cities to host an ALTS certification teaching, identifying and negotiating with hotels for best rates and services, scheduling of ALTS instructor certification classes, coordinating instructor schedules and contracts for teaching services, the shipment of course materials, and the processing of ALTS instructor applications and tests for certification.
– Cold call facilities and aquatic directors in cities an ALTS instructor certification is being hosted ensuring we meet participation numbers for each ALTS instructor certification teaching.
– Maintain the ALTS certified instructor database on the USMS website.
– Provide email and phone support to ALTS certified instructors.
– Catalog and edit existing USMS resources and assist in the development and delivery of new resources for ALTS certified instructors.
– Manage the ALTS certified instructor annual renewal process.
– Identify and solicit grants for organizations that would have an interest in supporting growth of ALTS instructor certification.
Swimming Saves Lives Foundation Management
– Manage our foundation grant process including but not limited to SSLF inquiries, soliciting SSLF grants, tracking grant requests, communicating with grant applicants, and ensuring SSLF grant agreements are completed.
– Provide grant application information in a usable format so the SSLF board of trustees may review and make grant recommendations.
– Collect data reports from SSLF grant partners.
– Receive orders, fulfill and mail SSLF support materials and collateral to grant partners.
– Update SSL information to our website.
– Manage our SSLF donor thank you program including electronic and mailed tax receipt letters.
– Develop and distribute SSLF donor solicitation information.·
Summary of Desired Qualifications
– Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
– Event planning experience
– Aptitude for organizing and analyzing data
– Ability to catalog and manage materials
– Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
– Ability to make clear recommendations and decisions when necessary
– Able to accept responsibility for job duties
– Produce timely and accurate work product
– Skilled with the Microsoft Office suite
– Passion for Masters Swimming
– Ability to weekend travel 10-15% of the time as needed to meet the obligations of the position
Desired education: Successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree
Substitution: For candidates who do not have the desired degree, 1 year of higher education may be substituted with 2 years of additional related work experience with at least 2 years of college required.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: Do you have two years or more of event management experience? If YES, please describe.
2. YES/NO: Do you have nonprofit experience managing grant programs and/or donor relations? If YES, please describe.
3. YES/NO: Do you have experience writing or delivering educational curriculum? If YES, please describe.
4. YES/NO: Are you willing to relocate to Sarasota, Florida?
5. What are your salary expectations?
ABOUT U.S. Masters Swimming
USMS is the premier resource for adult aquatic fitness in the United States and will make fitness through swimming available for as many adults as possible. Founded in 1970, USMS is a membership-operated national governing body that promotes health, wellness, fitness, and competition for adults through swimming. We do so by partnering with more than 1,500 adult swim programs across the country that offer a USMS licensed Masters Swimming program; educating and certifying coaches and instructors that are teaching adults; promoting information via the bimonthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletters, STREAMLINES, and website, usms.org; and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water, and virtual events and competitions. More than 62,000 adults are registered members of USMS.
with Towson University
The Athletics Department at Towson University is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Swim Coach to provide assistance to the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program under the direction of the Head Coach.
Recruit and evaluate prospective student-athletes through the use of New Media Technologies; organize official visits including assigning host, creating travel itineraries, and managing all budgetary elements of visits while adhering to all NCAA regulations; provide skills instruction for student athletes; assist with academic support, fundraising activities, and community service; responsible for meet management, hyteck entries, and record-keeping for all home and away competitions; handle all Game Day operations including travel, bus, hotel, and restaurant plans; and other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree and coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or camp/clinic level. The selected candidate must have working knowledge of NCAA and Conference rules relevant to all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program and working knowledge of hyteck software. The selected candidate must have CPR, FA, and LGT certifications prior to employment. A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Competitive salary with full University benefits that include excellent health, life insurance, and retirement plans; tuition remission; and annual leave, holidays, personal and sick days. The position is contingent on funds being available at time of hire.
To Apply: Please complete the online application and upload one document containing a cover letter and resume. The position will be posted for a minimum of 14 days.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity.
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Towson University
Founded in 1866, Towson University is recognized as one of the nation’s best regional public universities, offering more than 100 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and applied professional fields.
Located in suburban Towson, eight miles north of Baltimore, our beautifully landscaped, 329-acre setting offers a pleasant environment for study and a diverse campus life, as well as easy access to a wealth of university and community resources. Towson University’s educational experience branches out to off-campus locations throughout Maryland, including a number of online options.
with Carson Tigersharks
***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE***
The Head Age Group Coach will be responsible for supervising the Tigersharks Age Group Program as well as directly coaching 1-2 age group squads. Responsibilities include administrative duties for their primary squads as well as seasonal and weekly planning for all age group squads. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Head Coach in running the pre-competitive program and in creating a strong team environment that fosters personal and competitive growth.
During the school year (Aug-Apr), this position entails approximately 12-20 hours of on-deck coaching plus 1-2 weekend meets per month. During summer (May-July), coaching hours average 24-30 hours per week, plus swim meets.
• Preferred 2+ years of coaching experience
• Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
• Ability to effectively communicate and coach 20-25 swimmers in a group with stroke development, aerobic/anaerobic training, and dryland training
• Proficiency with Team Unify, Meet Manager, and general office and computer skills
• Strong communication, organization, and administrative skills
• Current USA Swimming Coach Certification
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, with opportunities for additional bonuses.
About Carson Tigersharks
The Carson Tigersharks is a USA Swimming Level 2 recognized competitive swim club that strives to help athletes of all levels reach their competitive potential. Our growing team has approximately 100 athletes in the competitive squads, and our pre-competitive program ranges from approximately 40 swimmers in the winter to 100+ swimmers in the summer. The Tigersharks owns and operates its own Colorado Timing System with Hy-Tek software to run up to three Pacific Swimming sanctioned meets per year as well as regular novice/twilight meets. We are a board run, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Carson Tigersharks utilize the Carson Aquatic Facility for all wet/dry land training and swim meets. The facility houses an indoor 8-lane 50m pool open year-round, with a seasonally available outdoor 6-lane 25yd pool. The facility also has an on-site weight room, wading pool, and therapy pool.
For additional information about the Carson Tigersharks, please see our website, www.tigersharks.org or contact Head Coach Julie Hardt ([email protected]).
with Northwestern University
Head Women’s Swimming Coach
The Head Women’s Swimming Coach is responsible for all facets of the women’s swimming program with oversight of the diving program.
To learn more about the position and/or submit your application, go to http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/jobs/. Select ‘Academic/Administrative Jobs’. You will be directed to Northwestern University’s electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, search for Job Opening ID # 25361. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
About Northwestern University
With 19 varsity athletic programs, Northwestern is a charter member of the competitive Big Ten Conference. Students participate in intramural and club sports and use our excellent athletics and fitness facilities.
with YMCA of the Fox Cities
Head Developmental Swim Coach
Get Paid to Play! Our open positions are updated weekly. Applications are accepted for listed positions only.
WHERE WORK IS PLAY!
As the nation’s leading non-profit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer the chance to make a difference in a fun, flexible environment where our mission and core values drive every decision we make.
The YMCA of the Fox Cities is hiring a Head Developmental Swim Coach at our Appleton YMCA!
The YMCA Swim Team is seeking a motivated and responsible Head Developmental Coach. The team has 200 athletes ranging from beginner to national level and practices out of four locations.
Position responsibilities include: assisting in managing staff, staff scheduling, and program development and promotion. Participation in running home meets, coaching at away meets, age group swimming, and masters swimming practices.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of coaching experience, an ASCA Level 2 certification, and supervisory experience. A degree in Recreation, Health, Physical Education, Coaching or related field is preferred. Candidates must enjoy working with kids; have strong verbal communication skills, and be an excellent role model displaying the YMCA core values.
This position offers an excellent benefit package including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
• An Exceptional Retirement Plan
• 403(b) Smart Account
• Complimentary Family YMCA Membership
• Excellent Child Care and Program Discounts
Please go to the YMCA Fox Cities website to download and complete application. Please e-mail, fax or mail application along with resume and cover letter to YMCA HR Department. You may also apply in person at any of the YMCA Fox Cities locations.
About YMCA of the Fox Cities
The YMCA of the Fox Cities is a non-profit organization which seeks to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The YMCA of the Fox Cities is made up of 5 branches & an overnight camp and offers over 500 programs & services to 160,000 community members no matter age, gender, race or ability.
with Asphalt Green
***This position has been filled and is no longer available***
Age Group Coach (Full-time) New York, NY
Asphalt Green Unified Aquatics (AGUA) is a nationally competitive swim team of 300+ athletes with a rich 20 year history in United States swimming. We are located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a satellite program in Battery Park City (see www.asphaltgreen.org) and (www.aguaswim.com). The team is focused on excellence and inclusion, with a robust scholarship program and strong institutional support.
We are seeking an experienced and energized Coach to lead the 10-14 year olds within the program. There may be the possibility of working with other ages as well. Passion and commitment along with strong communication skills are essential for success in this role.
• 15-20 hours of on deck coaching per week
• Various administrative tasks relating to the team, meet arrangements and individual performance
• Participation in weekends/swim meets as required
Salary commensurate with experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• ASCA Level 2 or above required
• 2+ years of coaching experience
• Knowledge of current technical and training philosophies
• Working knowledge of Team Unify and Team Manager
About Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health and fitness. Located on the Upper East Side and Battery Park City, Asphalt Green is one of New York City’s most valuable resources providing unparalleled programs and expertise. In addition to fee based programs, Asphalt Green operates community programs (Waterproofing, Recess Enhancement Program, and Community Sports Leagues) for over 31,000 public school children. To learn more, visit www.asphaltgreen.org.
with The Upper Valley Aquatic Center
***This position has been filled. It is no longer available***
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center in White river Junction, VT is seeking an Aquatic Program Director who has at least 3 years of experience teaching lessons and has managed 15 or more instructors. The right person must have a demonstrable record of developing and expanding child and adult swim lesson programs, overseeing group rentals, running holiday and summer camp programs, interfacing with local park and rec departments, and should have a minimum ASCA 1 certification.
Marketing, social networking experience and a WSI certification are a plus. The position requires strong organizational skills and some night and weekend work.
No calls please.
About The Upper Valley Aquatic Center
The Upper Valley Aquatic Center is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization with a mission to deliver a diverse range of high quality fitness and aquatic programs accessible to all members of the Upper Valley community. This 37,500 square foot facility houses an 11 lane, 25 meter x 25 yard competition pool, a separate warm-water instructional pool, indoor splash park with lazy river, water features and 110-foot waterslide. There is a comprehensive gym with cardio and strength equipment and separate spin studio with FREE group exercise classes and FREE childcare in KidZone Childcare center for members. Additional amenities include: the Poolside Cafe, spectator seating with accommodation for 400, outdoor basketball court, TRX outdoor training area and adult/child locker rooms.
with TYR Sport
TYR Sport seeks two (2) Sports Promotions Representatives, one for Seal Beach, CA, and one for Farmingdale, NY.
The TYR Sports Promotions Representative position is to support all promotional needs for swimming, diving and water polo teams and athletes. Ideally, the Representative will have a swimming background and is expected to travel and attend major competitions and events that require a brand presence for the purpose of visibility as well as servicing our professional athletes and sponsored teams.
The Representative also has a business development role and will be expected to have the ability to sell the benefits of the Company’s programs and brand to prospective partners. They will assist with outreach initiatives developed by the department with the goal of acquiring new business. The Representative’s primary responsibilities include interfacing with the Team Sales & Promotions Manager, the TYR Sports Promotions Coordinator and Regional Sales Representatives in order to acquire new teams, service existing teams and work astutely within Salesforce.com to monitor deadlines and requested information. Independently, the Representative must regularly communicate to existing sponsored teams to ensure continuous dialogue and contact between the team and the brand.
It is expected that Representative will, without prompting, assist in meeting all sales program and promotional calendar deadlines.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist in departmental outreach initiatives, independently develop relationships and acquire new customers.
- Travel and attend major competitions, clinics and other notable events as needed to service team and athlete needs as well as provide a visible brand representative at the event to communicate with teams and athletes.
- Manage product requests by sponsored and un-sponsored athletes
- Manage and track promotional orders for sponsored athletes, including out-of-system custom orders for National Team events. Ensure all National Team custom products for TYR athletes adhere to National Federation and/or FINA guidelines.
- Interface between sponsored teams, accounts and their Regional Sales Representatives to ensure contract fulfillment regarding championship meet qualifier benefits.
- Maintain annual event calendar for major competitions, clinics and other notable events as they relate to sponsored team and athlete support. Liaise with Marketing Department regarding any marketing needs at events.
Requirements of position
- College diploma preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- One to three years promotional, administrative assistance or coaching experience required.
- Proficient in PC based computer skills, including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and Google Enterprise.
- Organized, good communication skills, systems friendly, and must possess a multi-tasking ability.
- Lifting containers with product and apparel to be used for event presentations. Assisting in the set-up of a display booth for clinics or events. Occasional product testing.
ABOUT TYR SPORT
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, we are a company started by athletes and powered by athletes. We are dedicated to re-‐imagining technologies that help athletes obtain peak performance through innovation and design. Like all athletes, we always work with an intense spirit of competition. Everything we do revolves around creating the fastest, most advanced performance products. Always in front.
with Pacific Swimming
***This position has been filled***
Pacific Swimming seeks office manager
Supports Pacific Swimming operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
1. Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing
payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving
supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
2. Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and
equipment procurement. Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards
and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
3. Performs bookkeeping duties with Treasurer oversight.
4. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
5. Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
6. Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
7. Responsible for annual staff evaluations.
8. Authors announcements and public communications.
9. Responds to customer inquiries and complaints.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and reports as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
Communication Skills-Written and Verbal
Promoting Process Improvement
Minimum Educational Requirement/Experience
BA/BS with 5+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
AA with 7+ years of relevant experience and at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
About Pacific Swimming
Pacific Swimming, the third largest of USA Swimming’s 59 regional associations, is made up of over 120 swim clubs and more than 16,000 swimmers. While our membership is centered around California’s San Francisco Bay Area, our territory also includes the coastal counties of Northern California from Monterey to the Oregon border, the Stockton-Modesto area of California’s Central Valley, and the Reno-Carson City-Lake Tahoe area on the California-Nevada border.
Our annual meet schedule includes more than 100 meets–from interclub dual meets to major regional, national, and international competitions. Athletes who have been affiliated with Pacific Swimming include Olympians Matt Biondi, Pablo Morales, Jenny Thompson, Mark Spitz, Dana Vollmer, Natalie Coughlin, Ben Wildman-Tobriner, Anthony Ervin, Scott Weltz, Nathan Adrian, Caitlin Leverenz and Julia Smit.
While we are proud of our Olympians and recordholders, we’re also proud to rank third amongst all other LSCs for our number of nonathlete members – our coaches, officials, and volunteers that put in long hours to ensure excellence at all levels of our program.
with Pennsylvania State University
Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a Swimming Assistant Coach responsible to the Head Coach for performing or assisting with a wide variety of coaching duties in order to accomplish the goals and objectives of the teams.
Assist with coaching the Intercollegiate Men’s and Women’s Swimming Teams. Plan, organize, and conduct recruiting campaigns. Coordinate meet and tournament arrangements. Plan, organize, and conduct team practices. Assist with travel arrangements and office duties. Assist in conducting clinics, camps and workshops. Adhere to University, Big Ten, and NCAA rules and regulations while supporting the core values of Intercollegiate Athletics.
This job will be filled as a level 2, or level 3, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/ , which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, disabled individuals, and other protected groups.
About Pennsylvania State University
Pennsylvania State University–University Park is a public institution that was founded in 1855. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 40,085, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 8,556 acres.
with Brown University
Brown University invites applicants for an Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Diving. This position reports to both the Head Coach, Men’s Swimming & Diving and the Head Coach, Women’s Swimming & Diving in all phases of the Men’s & Women’s Diving Programs. This includes coaching, recruiting, and administrative duties such as coordinating training, coordinating team travel, and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumni and friends groups. This is a 10-month assistant coach position.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• One to three years coaching experience at the club, high school or college level and/or collegiate swimming and diving experience; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
• Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication and computer skills.
• Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and the ability to coach and motivate.
• Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
• The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, national origin, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown University
Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading institution for education, discovery, and global intellectual progress as well as one of the largest employers in Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more than just a paycheck and generous benefits; it offers an opportunity to contribute to a greater good. Join us in supporting the pursuit of knowledge and individual growth that defines higher education and enriches our community.