with Envious Swimming
Envious Swimming of Rhode Island is in search of a lead site coach to help build this site and develop its swimmers.
The applicant will be responsible for writing and conducting practices, dryland programing, coach development, parent education and coordinating with our swim school on transitioning swimmers from Learn to Swim to Competitive swimming. This is a 16 – 22 hours per week position plus swim meets. Compensation is $25 -$32 per hour based on experience.
Envious Swimming is looking for qualified coaches:
– in good Standing with USA Swimming
– with marketing and advertising ideas to help build the program
– competent in working with Parents and Booster Clubs
***We believe strongly in being rewarded for the efforts put i to the position along with the results obtained.
Envious Swimming is Rhode Islands Premier swim school with over 800 members over its 3 locations. Envious swimming not only has a learn to swim program and competitive Swim club but also managers facilities. Envious Swimming was created in May of 2007 and has rapidly grown from year to year.
with Team Sopris Barracudas
Team Sopris seeks Head Swim Coach.
Team Sopris – which consists of between 70-100 swimmers in four levels; a Developmental, an Age Group, a Junior and Senior, as well as a Master’s program -is seeking qualified applicants to fill the Head Coach position. We are looking for a technically qualified individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about coaching, with excellent organization and communications skills.
● The ability to create and nurture an energetic and connected team
environment for all swimmers, parents, and coaches.
● Strong understanding of technique for multiple levels of swimmers.
● Comprehensive understanding of stroke development and conditioning.
● The ability to identify and effectively correct technique deficiencies.
● Ability to create and administer effective and focused workouts that
challenge and motivate the swimmers.
● Ability to create and administer effective and focused dryland workouts that
support and complement pool workouts and goals. (Understanding of human
physiology and strength training)
● Understanding and appropriately applying conditioning and tapering
● Maintain/track individual knowledge of each swimmers strengths and
weakness and work with them individually to develop their skills (goal
● Effective individual communication skills.
● Motivating the swimmers and parents for full participation and enthusiasm.
● Ability to recruit, retain and grow the team.
● Proficiency in Meet Manager, Team Unify, and to stay up to date with other
pertinent swimming social media sites and programs.
● Current USA Swimming coaching certifications, in good standing.
● Three years or more of coaching experience, preferably in a head coach
● References, as requested, with contact information.
● Acceptable background checks/screening and drug testing prior to
employment and then as requested.
● Certifications/training with USA Swimming programs.
● Experience in supervising staff members.
● Experience in directing team activities to build morale and spirit.
● Experience in fundraising and planning club events.
● Experience in organizing and running clinics.
● Experience in training other coaches.
● Experience in creating and managing budgets and expenses.
● Competitive swimming experience.
This is a year round salaried position, Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please see the full details of the position here, http://www.teamsopris.org/Uploads/file/HeadCoachPosition2.pdf
Résumés can be mailed to
Team Sopris Board of Directors
PO Box 1851
Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
or emailed to [email protected]
About Team Sopris
Team Sopris offers a year-round USA Swimming swim program for anyone who lives in the Roaring Fork Valley, and nearby communities from Vail to Rifle, Colorado. The team exists to provide an opportunity for youth and adults to learn about and participate in competitive swimming. Our goal is for every swimmer to be prepared to compete to the maximum of his or her ability, and to have fun doing so.
with Columbus North High School & Donner Swim Club
Head High School & Club Coach (combined position), Columbus Indiana
Columbus North High School (CNHS) Coach
• Responsible for all facets of the swim program
• Coach swimmers to perform at the highest competitive levels
• Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and promotes athlete academic success
• Inspire confidence in the athletes, coaches and parents
• Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested
• Plan and coordinate activities of coaching staff
• Oversees the care and operation of the swim facilities
• Review, enhance and enforce all safety procedures
• Ensure coaches and participants are properly trained and conditioned
• Ensure compliance with all applicable IHSAA and USA swimming rules and regulations
• Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swim techniques and instructional methods
• Clear communication with athletes and families
• Indiana Teaching License/Certification desired but not required as position could be paired with a position with the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation
Donner Swim Club (DSC) Head Coach
• Lead, create and implement a training program for the Club
• Work with assistant coaches to develop the overall philosophy and maintain the structure of the Club
• Help create the development of the annual schedule for all swim groups, including but not limited to practices, meets and coaching schedules/assignments
• Coach the program’s senior level training group in addition to observing and assisting with other swim groups
• Supervise and guide assistant swim coaches
• In consultation with the Board, hire, fire and evaluate all assistant swim coaches
• Attend any Indiana Swimming Administrative and Coaches meetings as required
• Participate in staff and board meetings
• Maintain current certifications as required for position
• Effective communication with athletes, families, other coaches
About Columbus North High School
Columbus North High School (CNHS) is a public high school of 2,100 students in Columbus, Indiana with a strong academic and athletic reputation. In swimming, the Bull Frogs have 10 Boys State Titles and 31 top-5 finishes to go along with 1 Girls State Title and 14 top-5 finishes. It is anticipated that the boys will have about 30 returning swimmers/divers (including record-holders in 2 individual events) for the 2015-2016 season, and that the girls will have about 30 returning swimmers/divers (including record-holders in 3 individual events). The CNHS Natatorium has an 8-lane 25 meter pool with a moveable bulkhead to adjust to 25 yards for competition, along with a full-size separate diving well with two 1-meter boards and one 3-meter board.
About Donner Swim Club
Donner Swim Club (DSC) is one of Indiana oldest and most successful Swim Clubs. DSC was formed in 1948, and incorporated in 1965. DSC has nearly 250 swimmers utilizing 2 year-round pools, and one warm-weather pool. The Club uses the CNHS Natatorium (8-lane 25m/y facility with separate diving well, seating for 500), Northside Middle School pool (6-lane, 25y facility), and the outdoor Donner Park Pool (8-lane 50m facility with separate diving well, seating for up to 1,000).
DSC has a strong tradition for hosting successful meets, hosting long course championship meets as long ago as 1959 (LC Age Group State) and as recently as 2012 with the USA Swimming Central Zone 14 & Under Championship. DSC also often hosts divisional championship short course meets for Indiana Swimming (5 in the last 10 years, including March and August 2015). The Club also hosts 4 invitational meets (3 short course, 1 long course) during a normal year.
DSC swimmers have always been competitive in the water, and more recently, in open water competition as well. The DSC records can be found at www.donnerswimclub.org. The Club currently has USA Swimming Junior National Team, 2016 USA Swimming Olympic Trials, and 2016 USA Swimming Open Water Olympic Trials qualifiers.
About Columbus, Indiana
Columbus has a population of only 45,000, yet has been ranked 6th in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects, right behind Chicago, New York, Boston, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In November 2010, Forbes Magazine selected Columbus as one of the top ten best small cities to raise a family, saying Columbus is one of the cities that, “sweep our ranking of quiet, prosperous, and family-friendly places…these places boast solid average incomes, good educational prospects, low costs, short commute times, and high rates of home ownership.” The Columbus Parks and Recreation Department has been named the #1 Park system for its size by the National Recreation and Park Association. And, in 2014, Area Development ranked Columbus the #1 small metro in the U.S. and an impressive #2 overall out of all 379 surveyed metropolitan statistical areas in the nation.
Columbus is located on I-65 between Indianapolis and Louisville; within 90 minutes of 3 international airports (including Cincinnati), making it easily accessible.
with Charles River Aquatics Dragons
The Charles River Aquatics Dragons are looking for part time Coaches for our Senior and National Team groups USA Swimming program. We are a competitive Swim Team for athletes ages 6 and up based in Boston, and are the competitive arm of the Charles River Aquatics Learn To Swim program. CRA is the future home of the 2012 United States Swimming Olympic Team Trials pool. Come join a great coaching staff at a program with room for growth!
In order to be considered for this position, you must be available Monday-Friday afternoons, as
well as Saturday morning and occasional weekend meets.
The ideal candidates will have: competitive and coaching experience, stroke technique knowledge, charismatic personality and a passion for working with children of all.
All of our coaches are CPR and Lifeguard Certified, or have valid Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches. Coaches must also be, or become, registered with USA Swimming. ASCA certification is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
-Assist in writing, delivering and supervising scheduled team practices
-Assist at meets and team functions
-Provide constructive feedback to swimmers
-Connect with and assist swimmers in outlining goals and the paths to achieving those goals
-Continue pursuing education around teaching methodology, technical development, team building and leadership development
-Communicate with parents regarding swimmers’ progress
-Communicate with head coach regarding all aspects of designated groups
For more information about our program and philosophy please view our website atwww.teamunify.com/necra
If you feel you have the credentials we are looking for, please send a resume and contact information to the email address listed for consideration. Include all swim instruction and personal swimming experience. Only serious applicants with experience should apply.
Any questions can be directed to Head Coach Chris Sheppard at [email protected]
About Charles River Aquatics Dragons
OUR MISSION: The Charles River Aquatics Dragons are committed to developing excellence of the team and individuals through hard work, dedication, sportsmanship and leadership. All members of the Dragon Community play a vital role in assisting our athletes in achieving their highest potential. These tenets are embraced by our coaches, athletes and families as the vehicles to personal growth in and out of the pool.
OUR VISION: To become one of the premier swim clubs in New England, the East Coast, and the U.S.A.
with DePauw University
DePauw University is accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant/Assistant Coach for Women’s Swimming and Diving. This is a renewable, 10-month appointment; the typical candidate will spend at least two years in this position. DePauw University is an NCAA Division III institution completing in the North Coast Athletic Conference and has placed 3rd at the NCAC conference championships. The DePauw women’s swimming and diving program has been represented in the NCAA championship tournament 22 times and in 2014, finished 15th.
This position serves as the primary assistant for the women’s swimming and diving program and it is an excellent position to gain hands-on coaching experience and learn all facets of collegiate coaching. The graduate assistant/assistant coach will gain experience in all facets of program management including recruiting, practice and meet preparation, student-athlete development, and administrative responsibilities related to running a successful program. The goal of DePauw’s graduate assistant/assistant coach program is to prepare candidates for a successful career in coaching. A stipend, on-campus housing and tuition remission are available to the successful /
● Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, conference and University rules and regulations.
● Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
● Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
● Along with the head coach, implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
● As directed by the head coach, schedule games, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel.
● As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition.
● Assist with managing the women’s swimming and diving operating budget,
● Assist with evaluating program effectiveness.
● Monitor student-athletes’ academic progression.
● Other duties as assigned by the head women’s swimming and diving coach and/or Director of Athletics.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Collegiate experience competing in swimming and diving highly desirable.
● Candidate must have demonstrated exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
● A valid U.S. driver’s license is required and candidate must be able to drive on behalf of the University.
● Current certification in First Aid/CPR/AED must be held by date of hire and must be maintained throughout their appointment with DePauw University.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Google Apps, and other programs as determined by specific sport responsibilities.
● Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience working with young adults.
● Desire to work in a rural, small-school environment devoted to providing liberal arts education, building community, and helping students prepare for their future careers.
● Preference will be given to candidates who desire a career in coaching.
Contact Head Coach, Ben Hewitt ([email protected]) with any questions.
DePauw University is a nationally recognized liberal arts university set on a beautiful campus of 695 acres in west central Indiana. DePauw also includes one of the nation’s oldest schools of music is dedicated to academically challenging and socially engaging students from across the country and around the globe.
DePauw Women’s Swimming has had a strong history of academic and athletic excellence. Four graduates have earned the prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship. The program has been a CSCAA Scholar All-American team every semester since 1990. We finished 15th at the 2014 Div. III NCAA Championships and have scored at NCAA’s 22 seasons.
If you want to own your own business and be your own boss within the swimming world, why not do something you already know and love? A SwimLabs Swim School Franchise offers you a proven, turn-key business model, 24/7 back office support, location-specific marketing and the training you need to turn your love of coaching into a successful business.
As a small business owner you will manage your facility and use established methods to grow your business presence within your community. On any given day, you will oversee up to 250 lessons while supervising a dedicated staff working tirelessly to see your business grow. Your facility will house 3-4 SwimLabs tanks, all with state of the art cameras, monitors, mirrors, library database, and cloud streaming software. The waiting room of your facility will have an open feel as floor to ceiling glass walls overlook the pool area where you, as a small business owner, will see the fruits of your labor on an hourly basis.
Just ask a SwimLabs franchisee. Brett Rose, owner of SwimLabs Orange County, says:
“I wanted to make money at something that I could also have fun with. This lets me have an active lifestyle and combines my business with my passion for sports, coaching, and helping people. It’s a great way to make a living through the sport of swimming.”
SwimLabs facilities nationwide have experienced year-over-year growth, and continue to expand into every market of the swimming community. As a prospective franchisee you will have the opportunity to speak with existing owners about their compensation packages.
SwimLabs facilities range anywhere from $300,000-$600,000. While this seems like a daunting number, SwimLabs financial support team will assist you in locating funding sources through investors, local banks or the SBA.
It is our mission to combine state-of-the-art technology, world-class instructors, exceptional facilities, and a never-ending passion for swimming to offer the fastest and surest way for swimmers of all levels to learn, improve and achieve their highest goals.
We help our swimmers be safer, compete smarter, feel confident and enjoy a life-long love of the sport.
with High Point Swim Club
***This position has been filled. It is no longer available.
High Point Swim Club is a coach operated, board supported club that is seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach to work as our Head Age Group Coach carrying out the mission of the club in the younger age groups. This coach will report directly to the CEO/Head Coach, and also have assistant coaches to schedule and work with. HPSC is located in High Point, North Carolina and operates out of 3 pools – 1 indoor 5 lane with teaching extension owned by the club, plus 3 lanes in a partnership with the High Point YMCA, and an outdoor, 8 lane, 50 meter pool during long course season. HPSC is in its 53rd season in existence and has been developing citizens with high character who are producing in the pool and classroom at a high level.
Include, but are not limited to, Practices Monday – Friday evenings; and Saturday mornings; meet entries; coaches meetings; performance tracking; communicating with parents, and conducting parent meetings. Will work in conjunction with CEO/head coach and other staff to develop character building, goal setting, and both physical and mental training techniques. In addition to coaching on deck, administrative duties will be assigned per the CEO/Head Coach. Age Group coach will attend swim meets – usually 1 every 3-5 weeks.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of positive interactions with swimmers, parents, and coworkers, and the ability to attract and retaining swimmers. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Team Unify, Meet Manager, and general office skills are also required. Have at least 2 years previous competitive coaching experience preferred. Candidates must possess current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing and pass all required background checks. College degree preferred.
Will be competitive and commensurate within the North Carolina LSC along with experience, history/track record. Includes vacation, sick leave, and meet expenses. The coach will have a full membership to ASCA. Professional (certification) costs and continuing education are covered by the club.
High Point Swim Club www.highpointswimclub.org
About High Point Swim Club
High Point Swim Club is a non-profit organization specializing in competitive and instructional swimming. The club has been operating in High Point since 1962 and has produced swimmers that have gone on to swim in college and even Olympic Trials.
with Southwestern Univeristy
Southwestern University seeks candidates for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach.
This is an entry-level position with coaching responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the administration of daily swimming and diving operations, recruitment, team training, home event management, practice organization, oversee lifeguard staff, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics. This is a 9-month, full-time, exempt position with benefits.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a master’s degree preferred. The successful candidate is expected to comply with departmental guidelines set forth by Southwestern University, the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, and the NCAA Division III. Swimming and diving experience as an athlete and/or coach at the intercollegiate level is necessary.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates.
About Southwestern University
Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. Located in Georgetown, Texas, 28 miles north of Austin, Southwestern is affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. Southwestern is a member of NCAA Division III and the Southern Collegiate Athletic Association (SCAC). More information on the University is available at www.southwestern.edu or http://southwesternpirates.com/landing/index. More information on the SCAC is available at http ://www.scacsports.com/landing/index.
***Resume materials will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no third party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F
with Sierra Marlins Swim Team
The Sierra Marlins Swim Team seeks Assistant Senior/Lead Varsity swim coach.
Position includes, but is not limited to:
On Deck Coaching
Varsity Group – 2hours/day 6 days a week
Senior Group Assistant – 2 hours a day/ 6 days a week
Be Available 15 minutes before/after Varsity practice for parent/swimmer com
Promote and add team activities for groups
Meets – 1-2x per month
Travel – local, plus 1x/year min
Weekly emails to groups
Manage Varsity Group Registration/group on TU
Represent SMST at Zone/LSC level – all star team, etc.
Help organize team wide activities/relays/tents, etc.
Attend team meetings
Oversee parent volunteer schedule
***Additional salary available through private lesson program.
Sierra Marlins Swim Team
The Sierra Marlins Swim Team is one of the top competitive USA Swimming programs in the country in the greater Sacramento area. The Sierra Marlins has been recognized by USA Swimming over the years as a Bronze and Silver medal team
with Calvert Aquatics Club
***This position has been filled. It is no longer available****
Calvert Aquatics Club (“CAC”) is seeking applicants for its Head Coach position. Located in Prince Frederick, MD, the county seat of Calvert County, CAC is one of the up & coming young clubs in the Washington DC metropolitan region.
CAC is based out of the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center, an indoor 50M pool which opened in 2010, and is conveniently located just off Route 4, the main north/south thoroughfare in Calvert County. The club operates year round, has access to long course training in the summer months and is supported by a parent board of directors, as well as 2-3 assistant coaches. The club currently consists of approximately 75 student-athletes, ranging in ability from novice up to LSC Championship qualifiers. The potential is there for the younger members of our club to evolve into National qualifiers.
The head coach is expected to be a career coach, do the bulk of the administrative work, communicate well with all coaches, athletes & parents, and be the “face of the program” to the Calvert County community. The Head Coach responsibilities include management of the team and supervision of coaching staff, direct coaching of swimmers in the Senior and Junior programs, and working with the board to implement the club mission and strategic plan. The Head Coach will also be responsible for staff development; coordinating training and meet schedules, group placement and advancement guidelines; communicating with team members and families via group meetings, newsletters, email, website and individual meetings; working with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches; growth of the program; participating in the MD LSC of USA Swimming; and assisting with fundraisers and team social events.
This position is open immediately and will remain open until the right candidate is found.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; submit your resume and cover letter to Kandy Spain ([email protected]). All applications are handled in confidence. CAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to work with outstanding families, grow a solid local club into a regional force, and develop your coaching skills, CAC is looking forward to hearing from you!
with North Carolina Aquatic Club
NCAC seeks hard working coaches who are interested in developing a competitively balanced athlete with emphasis on stroke technique, while effectively training, motivating and supporting swimmers of various abilities.
Lead and manage two of our age group practice groups, opportunities to assist senior coaches based on need, and attend swim meets.
Administrative duties include seasonal planning, meet entries, team communication, staff meetings and other duties as required by Head Coach.
A successful applicant must have enthusiasm for the sport; prior club coaching experience with current USA coaching credentials; demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
Additional beneficial skills include proficiency in Hy-Tek & Team Unify software and a willingness to operate or learn to operate Colorado timing system.
North Carolina Aquatic Club
NCAC is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club with approximately 250 swimmers, consistently top-5 in LSC with rising success on the Sectional, Junior National, and Senior National level.
with Glenmark Aquatic Foundation
The Glenmark Aquatic Foundation seeks a head swimming coach.
The candidate must have an established record of developing an age group program of national excellence.
Resilience and adaptability are essential qualities to succeed in this job. Ability to inspire a team, passion for the sport and love of working with young swimmers are other important qualities we seek in the candidate.
Lead a nationwide initiative at talent development with a focus on high performance training at multiple centres over the next 10 years.
About Glenmark Aquatic Foundation
We are a not for profit organization established by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals limited, a billion dollar global company.
Glenmark Aquatic Foundation (GAF) is helping transform the sport of swimming in India. GAF has entered into an agreement with the Swimming Federation of India for this purpose.
GAF has made a long term commitment to support the sport. It is working with strategic partners, such as ASCA, the SFI and others to achieve the challenging goals.
with Davis & Elkins College
Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia invites applications for the part-time position, 10 month appointment, of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach reports to the Head Swimming Coach and Athletic Director, supporting all coaching responsibilities for the intercollegiate swimming program, under NCAA Division II operating bylaws and regulations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with all aspects of recruiting; supporting training for all current athletes, and planning for travel and hosting of athletic competitions.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree (minimally).
• Have a minimum of 2 years coaching experience.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) as well as the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
• Possess a strong knowledge of athletic recruiting methods, techniques, rules, and regulations.
• Have current life guard, CPR, and first aid certifications.
• Be demonstrably committed to the success of student athletes, both in the pool and in the classroom.
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Organizing, preparing, and conducting both individual and team practices; overseeing training and competition.
• Recruiting student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending games and tournaments, and home visits.
• Assisting with all dimensions of the men’s and women’s swimming program.
• Representing the men’s and women’s swimming program to both internal and external constituencies
• Performing additional duties as assigned/negotiated, including aquatics programming/staffing.
About Davis & Elkins College
Davis & Elkins College (D&E) is a vibrant, private, four-year, comprehensive college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The College’s mission is to prepare and inspire students for success and for thoughtful engagement in the world. Drawing students nationally and internationally as a ‘College of Distinction’, D&E also serves many first-generation students from the Appalachian region. D&E currently sponsors fourteen intercollegiate varsity sports (7 men’s and 7 women’s). D&E competes as a member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference.
Elkins is a culturally-rich town of 8,000, nestled in the heart of one of the country’s finest outdoor recreation areas. The College is within two to four hours of several major metropolitan areas (Charleston, WV; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington D.C.).
Davis & Elkins College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
with Cal State East Bay
***This position has been filled***
California State University, East Bay is seeking applicants for an assistant women’s swimming coach. Cal State East Bay Swimming (CSUEB) is a nationally-ranked DII Women’s Swimming program in the San Francisco Bay Area. The university is one of the top-5 most diverse universities in the United States, and offers over 100 majors/options to a student body of 13,000.
Under the general supervision of the Head Swimming Coach, the Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for assisting with all areas of the program. This includes, but is not limited to: facilitating and coaching at practices and competitions; recruiting (including organizing official visits and making evening phone calls); arranging team travel; monitoring academic success of the student-athletes. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Coaching experience and collegiate swimming experience. A working knowledge of social media platforms, recruiting software, and Microsoft Office is preferred. A background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits
This position includes medical, dental and health benefits and pays $16,000-$20,000 for the academic year, depending on experience. Hours may be flexible.
CSUEB is an AA/EOE/ADA employer. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The Cal State East Bay Athletic Department sponsors 15 Intercollegiate sport programs. The Pioneers made the transition back to NCAA Division II during the 2009-10 season after a 10-year absence. In June 2011, Cal State East Bay was accepted as an active member of NCAA Division II and is currently in its third year of eligibility for conference and NCAA championships since the move. CSUEB is a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) which has won 152 NCAA championships in its 75-year history, the most of any Division II conference.
Since 1961, the Pioneers have won a total of six team national collegiate championships and seven individual national championships. Cal State East Bay has produced over 240 All-Americans and has won 80 conference championships in NCAA Divisions II and III, as well as in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
with SwimMAC Carolina
We are looking to hire a coach who would lead a senior group and assist an age group practice group for our Lake Norman Region (Huntersville/Davidson/Concord/Mooresville) as well as oversee and coordinate the SwimMAC private lesson program.
Essential Job Tasks
1. Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SwimMAC policies and procedures.
2. Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of SwimMAC.
3. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
4. Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with clinics, camps, tryout process, Coach-In-Charge of home/away meet process, monthly recognition of athletes, coaches’ education opportunities, volunteer for North Carolina Swimming/USA Swimming opportunities, etc. Coaches need to enjoy the grind.
$23,500 with benefits and opportunity to make additional income through the SwimMAC private lesson program. Education and experience in strength and conditioning development at grade school and high school ages is a plus.
Preferred qualifications include
Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming.
Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
Current ASCA Membership (level 3 or higher is preferred, but not required).
A college degree (preferred, but not required).
Proficient with Team Unify and Hy-tek Team Manager
We are ideally looking to have this candidate start by April 13, 2015.
About SwimMAC Carolina
SwimMAC Carolina is a progressive competitive swimming program located in Charlotte, North Carolina. SwimMAC has achieved Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition program and is a USA Swimming Gold Medal Swim Club. SwimMAC is home to 750+ competitive age group swimmers, current USA Swimming National Team Members, and Olympic Medalists. The teams train out of multiple locations in and around the Charlotte metropolitan area including Huntersville, Davidson, and Concord, North Carolina. SwimMAC is led by C.E.O. & Director of Coaching, David Marsh.