with New Canaan Community YMCA, Inc.
Must be passionate, knowledgeable, energetic, & have the ability to lead a top tier age group program.
Under the direction of the Competitive Swimming Director, oversees and directs the development of the age group program. This includes maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches and swim team parents, running daily practices, planning events (competitive and social), completing swim meet entries, seasonal scheduling, planning program capacities, supervision of the Eight and Under program, supervision of assistant coaches at the age group and 8 and Under levels, building supervision and budget responsibilities. The Assistant Competitive Swimming Director must be able to answer questions pertaining to all levels of the swim team and areas of the YMCA, assist with the operation of all home meets, as well as assist the Competitive Swimming Director in areas related to the swim team as needed. The ACSD will also assist with the senior and national team practices and administration. Full time benefits: medical/dental; YMCA 12% retirement; 22 vacation,8 sick, 2 personal days; long term disability; life insurance. No relocation reimbursement. Swim team consists of 200+ kids in New Canaan, CT.
Previous competitive coaching experience/participation is strongly recommended, as well as strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills. Knowledge of Hy-Tek swimming software is preferred. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coaches, and First Aid. Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended.Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching. Must successfully complete and pass a USA swimming background check.
- Organize and run practices for the Age Group levels.
- Attend weekly coaches meetings.
- Oversee the 8 and Under program.
- Report to the Competitive Swimming Director on matters relating to the Age Group and 8 and Under levels. (i.e. assistant coaches, practice schedules, team development, etc.)
- Attend all meets schedule for the Age Group level teams, as well as meets assigned by the Competitive Swimming Director.
- Assist Competitive Swimming Director with senior level practices.
- Reply to phone messages and e-mails in a timely manner (next day or ASAP).
- Develop and assist with the distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Assist in website development (photos, meet announcements, team information, etc.)
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid).
- Correspond daily and weekly on matters pertaining swim team.
- Update swim team hotline daily.
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Attend at least one professional coaching clinic per year.
- Attend the YMCA National Championships (Short and Long Course), as well as any other team travel event that requires an extended overnight stay.
- Assist Competitive Swimming Director in developing and maintaining Age Group team budget areas.
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of part-time coaches.
- Attend all professional staff meetings to keep informed of all activities at the YMCA. Perform weekend “On Call” duty and “Opening/Closing” responsibilities, as determined by procedures.
- Assist in all YMCA activities and special events, as needed, to ensure their success
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
- Sufficient Strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The employee may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise
Minimum ASCA level two certification recommended. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving and USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching.
with University of Mount Union
The University of Mount Union is currently seeking applicants for the Assistant Coach position for the 2015-2016 season. This position provides the opportunity to work with both the Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving teams. Mount Union is an NCAA DIII school competing in the Ohio Athletic Conference. The college is located in Alliance, OH and features approximately 2,300 students on campus. The natatorium was recently a part of a multi-million dollar renovation to the athletics building. Assistant Coach will experience all facets of collegiate coaching with instruction and aid.
Job duties include: Team management, assistance in planning and coaching all phases of the program (practice, dryland, lifting), recruiting (correspondence & travel), individual evaluation and technique instruction, meet preparation (line-up & software), statistics and general office needs.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, strong knowledge of stroke techniques, collegiate swimming experience, training methods and ideas, ability to understand and motivate athletes
Preferred: Previous coaching experience, experience and knowledge of recruiting
with City of Plano Swimmers
City of Plano Swimmers, Inc. (COPS)
Job Description: Swim Instructor
Indoor Pool Location: Harry Rowlinson Natatorium, 1712 Ave P, Plano, TX
Swim instructors provide instruction in swimming techniques and skills, to participants in the COPS Developmental Program. Swim instructors are supervised by the COPS Director of Development and the COPS Head Coach. Applicants must be able to relate well to children. Swim Instructors must also be able to exercise good judgment while safely supervising children. Applicants must have the sensory abilities (e.g. hearing, seeing) necessary to perform the duties of the position. Previous experience as a Swimming Instructor and having Certifications in CPR and First Aid are preferred.
Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide competent, safe instruction using recognized skills as established by our profession
- Plan and effectively organize class time for maximum practice. This is accomplished through lesson plans.
- Keep accurate progress records
- Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide for consistency in instruction by working each assigned period.
- Attend all Swim Instructor training sessions.
- Promote good public relations by talking with parents before and after class, not during.
- Dress appropriately for all classes.
- Turn in required paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership Role
- Flexible Hours
- Good Pay
- Great Experience/Résumé builder
- Increased Social Opportunities
- Future employment references/recommendations
- Ability to instruct swimming lessons dealing with the 4 competitive strokes
- Ability to swim/teach all 4 competitive strokes
- Be at least 16 years of age or older
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate children
- Available to work weeknights and Saturday mornings
- Must pass background check
with City of Plano Swimmers
COPS is looking for individuals who are energetic, knowledgeable, ethical, and able to communicate with parents, fellow coaches and swimmers of all ages. You must be able to work as part of a coaching team. Responsibilities for coaches include:
- Writing and coaching practices
- Conducting dryland workouts
- Attending meets as scheduled – approximately 1-2 per month
- Entering swimmers in desired events for swim meets based on practice agenda’s and performance
- Attend staff meetings and other events as assigned by the Head Coach
- Keep accurate records for groups including attendance and communications
- Communicate with parents and other staff members in a timely manner
- USA Swimming Registered Coach – or be in the process of completing
- 2 years of coaching experience preferred
Pay will depend on experience and responsibilities. While this is a part-time position, potential exists for other revenue sources.
with University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming, a Division I member of the NCAA and a member of the Mountain West Conference (women’s team) and Western Athletic Conference (men’s team), is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Swimming Coach.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the swimming and diving program including coaching, recruiting, training, coordinating team travel, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach. Bachelor’s degree required.
Strong organizational and communication skills are preferred. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program (student-athlete/coach/administrator) is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, MWC, WAC, University and departmental rules and regulations.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check. Valid Driver’s License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy Found at: http://www.uwyo.edu/auxserv/fleet/Official-Vehicle-Policy/OVP.pdf required.
More information on the University of Wyoming can be found at: www.uwyo.edu.
with COOL Swim Team
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
*************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*************************
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized Age Group Coach with the experience and expertise to direct and lead over 250 age group (12 and under) swimmers at one of our sites. We are looking for some who is dedicated to developing a quality age group program through an established curriculum. This coach will be working directly with our Head Age Group Coach and Site National Team Coach to establish technically proficient swimmers who are developing and aerobic background.
- Run/ Assist – 6-7 workouts per week for approximately 25 hours a week. Attends 1-2 swim meets a month.
- Oversee athlete progression and coach mentorship in all competitive groups at the site.
- Provide clear and consistent communication with parents
- Assist coaching staff with administrative duties relating to the site or team as well as interactions with parents.
- 5 years competitive coaching with a minimum of 3 years leading high level age group swimmers.
- Must be able to manage, train and keep engaged 20-25 swimmers in a group.
- Effectively communicate swimmer goals and swimmer progression from the age group program to the National level program to parents and swimmers.
- Must be able to foster an environment of excellence in swimming through drills, dryland, aerobic/ anaerobic training and racing.
- Understands stroke development and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player
Salary range – $35,000-45,000, DOE. It includes medical stipend, paid 3 week vacation, 401K, paid time off, and meet compensation. The coach will have a full membership to ASCA and will be compensated for travel to meets. Professional (certification) costs and continuing education are covered by the club.
To find out more about the program , please visit www.swimlac.org
Inquiries reply to Head Coach Jason Walter ([email protected])
with West Virginia University
West Virginia University invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach. Duties and responsibilities include, assisting with the recruitment, guidance, education and development of student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential with the fundamental characteristics and requirements that are necessary to conduct and produce a successful university intercollegiate men’s & women’s swimming program while instilling the importance of academic achievements at the Division I level.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport, and actively seek to develop new methods and strategies of the sport. Maintain continual and thorough knowledge of all applicable NCAA, Conference, University and department rules and regulations. Must communicate and interact with personnel in all support areas in the athletic department, as well as within the university community, parents, alumni, and fans. This position is expected to coordinate recruiting and team travel, and participate in the marketing and promotion of the men’s and women’s swimming program. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach.
Bachelor’s degree and three years previous coaching experience, preferably at the Division I level, or elite competitive experience, is required.
Submit a letter of application with a current resume and three references to: [email protected] Reference Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach Search. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
West Virginia University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
with Central Iowa Aquatics
Central Iowa Aquatics (CIA) is seeking an outstanding, experienced Head Age Group Coach to join our Club located in the Des Moines, IA metro area. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to oversee and develop a comprehensive age group program. The candidate will manage the administrative responsibilities of age group planning as well as coach a wide range of swimming abilities. The Head Age Group Coach will report directly to the Head Coach and will also support and work with our senior level program, as well as, provide support to the Head Coach as needed. The ideal candidate will be able to start September 1, 2015.
• Be in good standing with USA Swimming: background check, athlete protection training and other USA Swimming Requirements required.
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years coaching experience with various levels of swimmers.
• Experience in tryouts and evaluating swimmers for placement.
• Must have good administrative experience with the following skills: Team Unify, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong communication skills to interact by phone and/or email with parents, board members, and coaching staff.
• Must have ASCA level-2 coaching credentials
ABOUT CENTRAL IOWA AQUATICS
Central Iowa Aquatics (CIA), a member of the Iowa LSC, has been recognized by USA Swimming with Bronze Medal Club and Level 3 Club status. Over 125 swimmers comprise the year-round club, ranging from Beginner to Jr. National level swimmers.
We are a USA swimming level 3 club located in Des Moines, IA. In 2013 & 2014 we achieved Bronze medal status with USA swimming. Our club is currently comprised of 125 year round swimmers, ranging from novice to Jr. National qualifiers.
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****************************
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Development (Swim Lesson/ Stroke School) Manager with the experience and expertise to direct and lead over 250 age group (12 and under) swimmers our Flower Mound/Lewisville location. We are looking for some who is dedicated to developing a quality swim lesson program through an established curriculum. This coach will be working directly with our Swim Lesson/ Stroke School Coordinator and Site Head Age Group Coach to establish technically proficient swimmers who are developing quality stroke technique and provide excellent customer service to prospective and current families.
- Run/ Assist – 4-6 workouts per week for approximately 25 hours a week. Attends 1 swim meet every 2 months.
- Hire, train, supervise, and mentor members of the Development coaching staff (Deck Managers and Coaches). Maintain open communication with all LAC staff members including Development Program Deck Managers and Site Supervisors for other locations.
- Ensures that all Development Program staff members are current in their training and certification requirements and that current documentation is in their personnel files.
- Scheduling and staffing of all Lesson/ Stroke School classes.
- Manage the Development Program schedule with respect to individual facility use schedule or conflicts, and communicate to Lesson/ Stroke School Deck Manager, Site Supervisor and customers.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Development Program.
- Manage the payroll for Development coaches at the particular site and work with the Lesson/ Stroke School Coordinator on all employee time sheets.
- Oversee Team Unify billing for the lesson and stroke school at site.
- Manage content of the Lesson Program website to ensure clarity and accuracy of information
- Oversee athlete progression and coach mentorship in all competitive groups at the site.
- Provide excellent communication to over 250 customer on a daily basis through email, phone and personal communication.
- Oversee a staff of 6-10 lesson instructors and stroke school teachers
- Assist coaching staff with administrative duties relating to the site or team as well as interactions with parents.
- College Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum four years experience teaching/coaching swimming including teaching technique and the development of swimming skills (Preferred).
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-Mail, Internet Navigation, Microsoft Office Software and Hy-Tek System.
Salary range – $35,000-45,000, DOE. It includes medical stipend, paid 3 week vacation, 401K, and meet compensation. The coach will have a full membership to ASCA and will be compensated for travel to meets. Professional (certification) costs and continuing education are covered by the Club.
To find out more about the program, please visit www.swimlac.org
Inquiries reply to Head Coach Jason Walter ([email protected])
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*****
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club (BAAC) is looking for a fun, enthusiastic Head Coach who will lead our team to greatness! BAAC’s swimmers cover a range of skill levels from novice to Futures Championships qualifiers, and they need a head coach who can inspire every swimmer to do their best. Our goal is to have every swimmer leave practice wanting to come back tomorrow and end the season eager for the next to start! True excellence requires a love of the sport, and we expect our coach to make the challenge enjoyable. We want the assistant coaches to grow professionally under the Head Coach’s leadership. You will be coaching in our home pool at The University at Buffalo’s Alumni Arena, an NCAA Division I university and home to the UB Women’s Swimming and Diving team. Long-course time is built into the training schedule, and the facility itself is first-rate.
- Serve as the primary, on-deck coach of senior-level training groups
- Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- Oversee group placement and advancement of athletes
- Leadership and accountability for all swimmers in the club from novice to seniors.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team including:
- Meet selection, planning, and registration
- Coordination of hosted meets
- Practice scheduling for all training groups
- Maintenance of all team statistics
- Promotion of the team locally and within the Niagara LSC
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and administer the team budget
- Create and execute a shared vision for the BAAC’s growth and success
- Establish a local presence and positive reputation within the Niagara LSC
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A love and passion for the sport of swimming and a desire to share that with all of the swimmers on the team
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively with the swimmers, their families and the Board of Directors
- A clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong organizational skills and the attention to detail necessary to be an effective administrator of a USA Swimming Swim Club
- The ability to work with swimmers and coaches across multiple training groups
- A desire to build team values across all age groups and learning what motivates swimmers on an individual basis
- A willingness to mentor and advocate for swimmers who have an interest in competing at the collegiate level
- Proficiency with swimming software such as HyTek and TeamUnify
- Experience as a Meet Director
- This is a year-round, full-time salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. Education, certification and meet travel expenses are reimbursed.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with a clear background check. Certification in American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and Coaches’ Safety Training
- Experience as a coach at a high-performing swim club and/or collegiate level
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and physiology
- Proven capability to develop talent at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
ABOUT BUFFALO AREA AQUATIC CLUB
Buffalo Area Aquatic Club is a year-round USA Swimming club of 70 swimmers who won the 2018 Niagara LSC short course championship (small teams) and has consistently placed in the top 3 for both short- and long-course seasons. Multiple age group and senior swimmers have represented the team at Age Group Zones, Speedo Sectionals, Futures Championships and Arena Pro Series competitions. BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Buffalo is a city on the rise boasting a new waterfront and great restaurants and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll almost never commute for more than 30 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
All inquiries are confidential. BAAC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
with Grinnell College
Grinnell College is currently seeking an energetic, motivated, and well-organized diving coach to work in our Bear Recreation and Athletic Center
Responsibilities: Assist the Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach by coaching student-athlete divers in practice and in intercollegiate meets. Recruit student-athletes for the diving programs through direct mail, internet, phone calls and on campus visits. Head guard duties include assisting with in-service trainings, scheduling, and timecard management, being knowledgeable of the EAP, and filling in as a guard when needed. Staff other positions in the athletic department.
Qualifications: Must have NCAA diving and/or dive coaching experience at the college or club level. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Current lifeguard training/CPR/AED certification required.
Position: Up to 30 hours/wk, 9-months beginning August 2015. Salary: $16,000
Grinnell College is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and nondiscriminatory educational environment for all College community members. It is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in matters of admission, employment, and housing, and in access to and participation in its education programs, services, and activities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, religion, disability, creed, or any other protected class.
with University of Texas of the Permian Basin
Graduate Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL IT IS FILLED.
• Assist with all aspects of practice planning, conduct, and record-keeping
• Assist with Swimming event-related activities as needed
• Assist with game administration
• Drive vans and buses periodically throughout the year
• Attend regular GA meetings called by the Athletic Director
• Adhere to all rules governing members of NCAA Division II and Heartland Conference members
• Other Men’s and Women’s Swimming-related duties as assigned by the head coach (see below)
• Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Swimming Specific Duties
1. Compliance with NCAA, UTPB, and Athletic Department guidelines
2. Attend swim coaches meetings and Athletic Department coaches meetings and functions
3. Commitment to student/athlete welfare
4. Assist with dry land and in-water training, recruiting, meet management
5. Deck coaching and instruction
6. Equipment inventory including checking out and in Athletic Department issued equipment
7. Record documentation including attendance and meet/practice timing
8. Attend all mandatory practice sessions
9. Travel with team to all meets
10. Other duties as assigned
• Hold a bachelor’s degree (applicants graduating in the spring may apply)
• Acceptance into a Graduate Degree program at UTPB and maintenance of full-time status in the fall and spring semesters
• Good social skills
• Demonstrated responsibility and honesty
• Extensive background in the sport of Swimming
• No criminal record – must pass criminal background check
• Must have clean insurance and driving record for driving university vehicles
• Driving record making applicant eligible for CDL license
• Must maintain a 3.0 or higher UTPB GPA
• Good physical condition as heavy physical activity will be required from time to time
Send letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three references either electronically or through the mail to:
Head Swimming Coach
4901 East University
Odessa, TX 79762
The graduate assistant will receive a stipend of $8000 for the academic year ($4000 a semester). The position is renewable for a second year depending upon performance and satisfactory academic progress (pass 18 hours with a 3.0 or better). Positions may be held a maximum of two years. The graduate assistant will have the opportunity to rent a one bedroom apartment or a room in a two bedroom apartment on campus. Individuals are also eligible to apply for a $1000 academic scholarship that would waive out-of-state tuition for the fall and spring semesters if received. Other compensation options include working as summer pool manager, swim lessons and swim camp assistant director.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, an academic institution of The University of Texas System, is a growing and vibrant four-year university offering bachelors and masters degrees. Its faculty is engaged in a wide range of research attracting millions of dollars in grants for programs in teacher certification, energy research, and groundbreaking work in many disciplines.
U.T. Permian Basin has a diverse student population who consistently earn awards in kinesiology, business, and visual arts. UTPB has a 98% pass rate for teacher certification and ranks third in the state for placement in employment and graduate school. Student enrollment has grown, often in the double digits. Student housing expanded in Fall 2004 and Fall 2005 with the addition of twelve apartment-style buildings bringing the number of student residents to almost 500.
The largest graduate program at the University is the College of Education, respected for its teacher certification programs and mentoring strategies that reach out to the public school classrooms in the community. U.T. Permian Basin boasts exceptionally high success rates for graduates in the pre-health and education professions. First-time acceptance rates for graduates who apply to medical or health professional schools averages 78 percent, compared to the 1998 state average of 40 percent. The university takes pride in offering 32 undergraduate degrees and 19 graduate programs as well as various certification programs. The masters degree programs include seven different education specialties, plus a masters degree in Professional Accountancy, Biology, Business Administration, Criminal Justice Administration, English, Geology, History, Kinesiology, Clinical or Research Psychology, Public Administration and Spanish.
Four additional graduate degrees are currently available through U.T. Permian Basin’s distance learning program. These include the online courses: Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Kinesiology, Master or Arts in Education – Educational Leadership, Master of Arts in Education – Special Education , and the School Superintendent Certification. First year basic courses through the UT TeleCampus (a virtual campus that includes every component of the University of Texas System). In addition, U.T. Permian Basin offers courses in cooperation with the three area community colleges in many locations throughout the region via the Regional Electronic Academic Communications Highway (REACH). The University began offering classes taught at Midland College, and at the Center for Energy and Economic Diversification in Fall 2003. Presently, six undergraduate degrees and one graduate degree are offered by UTPB at Midland College.
The university’s athletic teams are known as the Falcons and participate in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) at the Division II level as a member of the Heartland Conference. UTPB currently offers 14 intercollegiate sports, seven for men and seven for women: baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, football (2016), men’s and women’s soccer, softball, men’s and women’s swimming, men’s and women’s tennis, and volleyball.
with United World college of South East Asia
United World college of South East Asia seeks enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join us as a SWIMMING COACH at our UWCSEA Dover Campus.
- Coach as part of our school swim team, six days per week
- Create a season plan in alignment with team goals
- Teach Learn-to-swim classes on weekdays (afternoons)
- Communicate with squad members and their parents through email and blog posts
- Attend swim meets in support of team swimmers
- Coach Learn-to-swim and swim team classes during holiday camps.
- Assist in maintaining the Aquatics facilities and equipment.
- Assist with the set-up for Learn-to-Swim events, swim team meets and competitions.
- Assist with Physical Education Days of Sport when required.
- Qualified Swimming coach – ACSTA Silver / ASA Level III or equivalent but a Bronze/Level II with experience and a definite potential to inspire our swimmers
- Good all-round knowledge of Swimming and development requirements pertaining to different age groups and levels, in particular, the developing swimmer.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate about the sport of swimming.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Strong information technology skills – plus a working knowledge and experience of using Meet Manager software
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and able to relate to students, parents and teachers.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Able to work during weekends and evenings when needed
About United World college of South East Asia
United World college of South East Asia is a K-12 international school that provides a life-defining educational experience to more than 4,500 students spread over two campuses in Singapore. UWCSEA educates individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better future.
The Dover campus has a 50m x 25m pool and a learner pool that caters for Physical Education lessons; a comprehensive learn to swim programme and; a large competitive swim team after school and at weekends.
with Baldwin Swim Team (BSC)
The Baldwin Swim Club (BSC) is a USA Swim Team located at the Baldwin School in Bryn Mawr, PA. We roster 180 competitive swimmers ages 5 -18. We are currently seeking a FULL and/or PART TIME Age Group Coach. Candidates should have 1+ years of experience, be a well-organized, team-oriented age group coach with a great understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique. Attendance at weekend meets is a must. Candidates should have (or be willing to acquire) all of the appropriate USA Swimming certifications as well as Lifeguard or Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches. Any certifications not in place must be acquired in your first 3-6 months (BSC will reimburse). Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.