The BLUE WAVE Swim Team of Ashburn Village in Northern Virginia, Loudoun County is looking for highly motivated individuals to assist our team as part-time age-group coaches.
We are looking for coaches to for about 6-12.5 hours, 2-6 days per week, plus meets on weekends. These individuals would be working mainly with our younger (12 & under) and novice squads. Duties may include but are not limited to; deck coaching and attending meets as necessary. Candidate must be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible, outgoing attitude and a passion for swimming.
Candidates must possess CPR, First-Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications (or equivalent), or ability to obtain immediately and pass the USA Swimming background
Compensation will be determined by experience and qualifications.
We are a community oriented team located in Ashburn, VA. Our motto is NO LIMITS and core covenants are FAMILY – DEDICATION – MENTAL TOUGHNESS. Our Mission is to provide an enjoyable and complete swimming experience for swimmers of all ages and abilities so they can develop the character traits, technical skills, and intense desire necessary to reach their fullest potential as an individual and an athlete.
Lifetime Swim is looking for a fun, energetic, and knowledgable assistant coach that has a significant background in swimming. Lifetime Fitness has great facilities including an indoor 25m 5-lane pool, as well as an outdoor 25m 6 lane pool.
Assistant Coach will help run swim practices from 4:00 until 8:00pm Monday-Friday and 10:30am-12pm on Saturdays as well as help coach as swim meets. You will be working with swimmers of all levels ranging from age 6 through high schoolers.
USA Swimming Coach credentials (required)
Previous Coaching Experience (preferred)
Swam competitively through high school (some college preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Lifetime Swim is a fairly new club team to USA Swimming and has recently undergone a change in coaching staff.
The Head Coach of Lifetime Swim – North Austin is Meredith Cavalier, a 2014 graduate from the University of Virginia, and is also a 4-time NCAA All-American.
Lifetime Fitness Swim Team – Central Texas
The best pools, programs and people – Life Time Swim has them all. Friendly, approachable instructors and coaches work with kids and adults, both beginners and competitors. Life Time Swim offers state-of-the art recreational and lap pools, both indoors and out. Some even have waterslides and beach entry! Take lessons, join a team, train in a masters class, get ready for a triathlon or just swim. It’s great exercise and great fun.
Texas Terrapins Swim Team is a coach directed, parent supported, that is seeking an enthusiastic and organized head age group coach with the experience and expertise to direct and lead our age group team that consists of 11 & Under swimmers to the next level. This coach will report directly to the head coach, and also supervise and work with our developmental coach, that assists this position, at all levels.
TTST is located in Cypress Texas and operates out of 2 pools – 1 indoor 8 lane plus 5 lane facility for the age group team, and 1 outdoor 6 lane pool for the senior level swimmers, and a 50 meter 8 lane pool during long course season.
TTST is celebrating its 10th season in existence and has made great strides not only in growth and performance at all levels, but most importantly, developing high character in young swimmers.
Include, but are not limited to, Practices Monday – Fridays 5:00-7:30 pm, and some Sat. mornings, meet entries, coaches meetings, performance tracking, communicating with parents, and conducting parent meetings.
Will work in conjunction with head coach and other staff to develop progressive season plans for character building, goal setting, and both physical and mental training techniques.
In addition to coaching on deck, administrative duties will be assigned per the Head Coach. Head Age Group coach will attend swim meets – usually 1-2 per month. Assist with home school program. Coach is expected to help grow the program through advertising, and recruitment. This coach will stay current on the most effective methods of teaching age group swimmers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of swimmer improvement, positive interactions with swimmers, parents, and coworkers, and the ability to attracting and retaining swimmers. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Team Unify, Meet Manager, and general office skills are also required. Have at least 2 years previous competitive coaching experience. Have a strong work ethic and ability to solve problems while working independently. Candidates must possess current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing and pass all required background checks. College degree preferred
About Texas Terrapins Swim Team
The Texas Terrapin Swim Team (TTST) located in Cypress, Texas and is a fast growing, non-profit, year-round competitive USA Swimming Team. The Texas Terrapins Swim Team provides a positive, supportive and fun-filled environment where swimmers can improve their skills and meet their individual goals. Through the guidance of trained, experienced coaches, coupled with the support of their families, we encourage team spirit, sportsmanship and a lifelong love of the sport of swimming.
Williamsburg Aquatic Club (WAC) a USA Swimming Club located in Williamsburg, Virginia is seeking a positive, energetic and motivated candidate for an Age Group Coaching position. We are looking for a Coach who keeps up with the latest training techniques, who has a vision to implement new ideas into our program and is comfortable communicating with parents and 11-18 year olds.
Ideal candidates have 3 or more years experience with Age Group and Senior Swimmers. We are looking for someone that has strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to write Meet reviews and articles for our newsletter.
Must have all Coaching Certifications required by USA Swimming. ASCA certification preferred.
$30,000/year or commensurate with experience. Some relocation assistance possible.
Position is available immediately. Please send resume, references and cover letter to Head Coach Harold Baker at [email protected] For more information about the posting or the Club, visit out website at swimwac.com.
About Williamsburg Aquatic Club
The mission of the Williamsburg Aquatic Club is to help our swimmers develop a lifelong interest in the sport of swimming, achieve personal goals and compete at the highest levels their capabilities allow. Our purpose is to develop our swimmers so they not only have the physical fitness and skills required for local, state and national competition, but they also develop confidence, character, and team spirit. The program develops well-rounded individuals through goal-setting, hard work, and a focus self-improvement and good sportsmanship.
with Swim Angelfish
Swim Angelfish is looking for energetic and enthusiastic swim instructors for our Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts locations. Swim Angelfish offers Pediatric Aquatic Therapy, Swim Lessons, and Summer Camps for children with special needs. We work with children a variety of diagnosis such as Autism (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD), Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Rett syndrome, Down syndrome, Cerebral palsy, or any condition that affects sensory or neurological function, motor coordination, mobility, or core strength.
• Working with children in or out of the water. Knowledge of children of all abilities. Experience with special needs population recommended. Participation in aquatic lessons, swim team or leisure swimming.
• Current CPR and First Aide required
• Red Cross WSI, Starfish Institute, YMCA or Swim instruction training from an Aquatic Educator Curriculum. Willing to be trained.
• 15 hours hands on training with the Swim Whisperer Team in CT
• 8 hours of classroom curriculum training
• Provide swim instruction for 30, 45 or 60 min to children of all abilities
• Maintain a minimum of 6 hours of lessons per week
• Discuss and problem solve difficult cases with co-workers, aquatic manager, therapists and owners. Video sharing and collaboration.
• Collaborate with parents, school teachers, behaviorist and therapists .To better understand how best the child will learn.
• Able to understand and manage your google doc schedule
• Call the client within 48 hours of receiving registration.
• Clear communication with client about the cancellation policy, swim lesson goals and expectations of the parents.
• Clear understanding of how to incorporate the 14 most commonly seen SW roadblocks into a lesson and implement strategies appropriately.
• Work with clients to schedule during transition from school to summer hours. Making sure clients taking summer off have a spot in the fall.
• Keep current with continuing education
• Monthly Swim Consultant video education and conference call
• 15 hours hands on training with the Swim Whisperer Method in CT
• 8 hours of classroom curriculum training
• Attendance of the Swim Whisperer Training workshop
About Swim Angelfish
Angelfish Therapy® and Swim Angelfish® have a mission: The mission of Swim Angelfish is to provide children of all abilities the lifelong skill of being comfortable and safe in the water, as well as confident and independent in recreational activities. To accomplish this mission, we offer a variety of programs that are targeted, but not necessarily limited to, children with Autism, physical difficulties and sensory challenges.
Angelfish Therapy offers private and semi-private 45-minute Aquatic Therapy sessions for children with a wide variety of special needs. Our licensed PT’s and OT’s work to improve each child’s motor skills, core strength, endurance, body awareness, motor planning, coordination and self-regulation. We are out of network providers.
Swim Whisperers Swim Lessons
The Swim Whisperers Swim School provides private swim lessons for children with Autism, Physical Difficulties and sensory challenges. Specially trained Swim Whisperers instructors incorporate strategies to help children learn to swim faster and with less discomfort than traditional methods. These instructors use proven techniques to overcome the 14 most commonly seen roadblocks in teaching these children how to swim. Instructors spend time within each lesson addressing each child’s specific sensory obstacles with proven movement strategies.
As a Product Manager at Swim.com, you will be responsible for envisioning, planning and executing the development of new mobile and wearable-integrated products from conception to implementation to iteration. Swim.com employees work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment bringing exciting consumer-focused products to market. As Product Manager, you will work with designers, developers and business leaders to generate and evaluate new product concepts and implement them iteratively throughout the product life-cycle.
- Evaluate various market opportunities for new and improved products and features from consumer demand, strategic and technical perspectives
- Plan and execute iterative product lifecycles
- Conceptualize and communicate product requirements and specifications graphically, verbally and through written methods
- Establish a smoothly integrated user experience across an array of mobile and wearable devices
- Develop innovative, solution-driven products that the whole organization can take pride in
- Experience working on various stages and facets of product development and product management
- Strong understanding of the sport of swimming
- Android, iOS and/or wearable product development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a technology related field
- Personal or professional experience with wearable devices and associated wearable device platforms
- Java, C, or Swift programming and graphic design capabilities are a plus
- Agility, flexibility and a passion for developing innovative products
Eagle Swimming Association (ESA) in Atascocita, TX (Northeast Houston, Gulf Swimming LSC) is looking for an Age Group coach that will work multiple age levels, but primarily with a focus at the 10 and under level with a main objective on improved technique and allowing swimmers to build capacity for training while preparing these athletes for our junior program.
• Lead White or Blue Group Coach Group Daily: Monday-Friday (possibly Saturdays)
• Responsible for writing practices and working with other coaches on deck to achieve team/group goals.
• Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month
• Coach either the Red/ White/Blue Group a minimum of 4 x per week: Monday-Friday in addition to your lead coach responsibilities (4:00-7:45 time frame with negotiable hours)
• Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers.
• Attend meets at which your group swimmers attend and as needed for other meets including all meets in which ESA hosts.
• Develop and maintain a season plan for White or Blue group with approval from the Head Coach that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
• Help manage our blue group travel trip(s) in correlation with the Age Group Head Coach.
• Provide input in practice and meet scheduling
• Provide input on meet entries
• Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
• High School diploma or equivalent (Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred)
• A strong understanding of proper stroke mechanics (ASCA certified coach preferred)
• Ability to meet all USA and Gulf Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.)
• Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes.
Compensation is competitive and is aligned with experience and availability to work.
Eagle Swimming Association
Eagle Swimming Association located in Atascocita, TX (Northeast Houston) is a year-round competitive USA Swimming Club that is perennially a top 10 team in Gulf Swimming and recently has had unprecedented success on the National stage. At ESA our vision is to aspire to be recognized as a leader in the Gulf and nationally as a model of dedication, team spirit, and genuine care for one another while developing skills and attributes that ensure success both inside and outside of the pool.
In addition, our club offers two locations that rotate monthly and are approximately 10 minutes apart.
The Razorback Aquatic Club AquaHawgs swim team, located in Northwest Arkansas, is seeking qualified candidates for an assistant coach. Primary responsibilities include planning, coaching, administration and supervision of the age-group program (primarily 12 and under). The successful candidate will also be capable of contributing wherever needed. Personal maturity, professional demeanor and strong youth coaching, communication and organizational skills are critical to success in this position.
The preferred candidate has at least three years coaching experience, is a member in good standing with USA Swimming and is certified ASCA Level 2 (or higher). A desire and passion for developing age-group swimmers is essential. Enthusiastic, loyal and highly motivated team players are ideal candidates.
Typical responsibilities include coaching 15-20 hours per week, an additional 10+ hours per week administration and weekend meets (on average) one every three weeks. Salary commensurate with club resources, coach responsibilities and professional qualifications.
For more information please visit our website at www.aquahawgs.org.
Razorback Aquatic Club
The Razorback Aquatic Club is a Silver Medal Club with approximately 200 members. Our primary practice facility is the Jones Center for Families located in Springdale, Arkansas. We also use several additional facilities in the general Northwest Arkansas region.
with Wichita Swim Club
Under the Supervision of the General Manager/Head Coach the Aquatics Programming Director is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of the Wichita Swim Club’s aquatic programs.
Overview of position:
1. Develops and Organizes aquatics programs in conjunction with General Manager/Head Coach.
2. Manages operation of Swim School consisting of 350-600 swimmers per session.
3. Plans and markets Wichita Swim Club Aquatics Programs.
4. Prepares progress reports on Aquatics Programs.
5. Trains and manages Swim School and program staff.
6. Plans and coordinates program marketing and community events.
Swim School Management:
1. Ensures implementation of Swim America Curriculum.
2. Educates and trains staff of 25-35 employees on curriculum.
3. Manages website and program communications.
4. Educates clients on processes for enrolling and payments.
5. Educates clients on Swim School curriculum.
6. Educates clients on aquatic safety issues.
7. Ensures scheduling of students and instructors into classes.
8. Ensures tracking of student skills and level progress.
9. Responds to client inquiries.
10. Actively markets Swim School to the community.
11. Oversees lessons and/or Deck Supervisers to ensure swimmer progress and implementation of curriculum.
12. Works in conjunction with General Manager/Head Coach to develop program budget.
13. Conducts in-service training with staff to continue education of instructors and supervisors.
14. Works with Swim Team counterparts to develop transition programs.
Additional Aquatics Program Implementation:
1. Develops program curriculum and assures its implementation.
2. Actively markets programs to community.
3. Assures quality of customer experience.
4. Maintains program website.
5. Answers customers e-mails and questions.
6. Collaborates with General Manager/Head Coach on yearly budget.
7. Seeks out and pursues grant opportunities for programming.
1. Ensures database of programs, registrations, and customers is being updated and maintained.
2. Delivers monthly and quarterly reports for programs as directed
3. Provides requests for equipment needs to General Manager/Head Coach.
Supervision and Training:
1. Hires staff in coordination with the General Manager/Head Coach.
2. Trains staff and instructors on program curriculum.
3. Provides routine feedback to staff supported by formal reviews per club policy.
4. Ensures class schedules are being created and adhered to.
5. Conducts meetings with supervisors.
6. Conducts safety training for entire Wichita Swim Club staff.
7. Assures that staff is cleaning areas throughout and at the end of the work day.
Other duties: As directed by General Manager/Head Coach
1) Undergraduate Degree preferred.
2) Minimum of 4 years experience working the aquatics industry to include:
a) Working with youth
b) Water safety
c) Program development
d) Program marketing
e) Supervisory duties
f) Class and staff scheduling
g) Registration software and database management
h) Project Management
3) Ability to implement organizational goals
4) Grant writing ability is a plus.
5) Swim America experience is a plus.
6) Ability to pass background screening.
7) Certifications in or ability to obtain certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Water Safety and/or Instructors training (i.e. Red Cross WSI, Swim America, etc.)
Salary / Benefits / Hours
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vacation, Swim School and/or Swim Team tuition discounts
Hours: Full Time
Apply: Email resume and references to Brian Kupferer at [email protected] or mail to Wichita Swim Club, 8323 E Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
Wichita Swim Club
Wichita Swim Club was formed in 1954. In 1991 WSC opened it’s own facility. The facility has a 50 mtr x 25 yard competition pool and a 2 lane 20 yard warm water lesson pool. The swim lesson program has 300-500 swimmers per session.
The ideal candidate would have leadership experience in running a swimming program, including leading a swimming team, creating swimming lessons and creating other programs that helps children develop a true appreciation of water activities such as “Hip-Hop Splash” and “Blue Seals”. Also, the idea candidate would be a certified Water Safety Instructor, have CPO certification, and be a certified lifeguard instructor.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities)
Prepare Youth For Success / Leadership
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Promote and stimulate program participation….enact incentive award program / recognition.
• Outreach and register new members and participate in Club orientation process.
• Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Effectively generate and implement a spectrum of aquatic programming consistent with Club organization goals and mission. Ensure that entire aquatic staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program and have the proper training and certifications to instruct / lifeguard.
3. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance and cleanliness of pool areas at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
4. Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
5. Ensure a productive work environment with subordinate staff with weekly / periodic staff meetings.
6. Recruit, train and manage assigned staff / lifeguards and volunteers; provide ongoing feedback; and identify and support ongoing development opportunities.
Marketing and Public Relations
7. Increase visibility of Club aquatic programs and overall Club programs and services and maintain good public relations.
1. Support other Club programming as required.
2. Support Club special events.
3. Must be able to work from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our vision for the next three years and beyond:
* To be the program of choice for every child in town, as defined by our mission, and to serve all of those children.
* To offer programs to strengthen character so as to positively affect the life and future of every Club child.
* To empower children to make good choices and to contribute to their communities.
* To ensure that our Staff, together with Volunteers, support and inspire all children in their care.
* To foster relationships between responsible, caring adults and children.
* To operate effectively, efficiently, and safely with the flexibility to meet increased needs in challenging times.
* To maintain a fun, safe place to enjoy childhood and to develop a sense of pride, optimism and belonging.
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Stanford Campus Site) is seeking a part-time coach to assist with the Senior Group. PASA-Stanford Campus is a leading swim program and PASA is a nationally recognized team for competitive swimming excellence.
The Senior Group is comprised of swimmers ages 14-18 who range from the Sectional to National level. The position includes approximately 15 hours of on deck coaching each week, 1-2 weekend meets per month, and additional travel meets throughout the year. The assistant coach will work under the direction of and closely with the Head Coach.
– Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
– Strong communication skills
– Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages
– Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies
– Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
Our pool and offices are located on the Stanford University Campus. Staff members are employed by Stanford University. Compensation will be based on experience.
There are numerous additional coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates.
To find out more about the team, please visit www.scraswimming.com.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at [email protected].
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics
Mission Statement: To be the most recognized and successful club in USA Swimming. Our Vision: We envision a program that provides advanced level coaching to develop the total athlete at all levels of development, from beginners to world-class competitors. PASA’s innovative program maximizes the results of time spent in the water by incorporating swimmer specific practices designed to enhance individual development, including strength, stretching, yoga, pilates, mental training, and team building.
with Somerset Valley YMCA
Somerset Valley YMCA is seeking an Associate Director to assist with running the highly successful Swim Team. The team consists of over 450 swimmers with a budget size of $650,000 which operates out of a 20,000 square foot aquatics facility in Bridgewater, NJ with a 10-lane lap pool and various regional satellite facilities.
* Co-manage the most advanced 11-12 practice group in program along with the Director of Competitive Aquatics including season planning, group communication, and writing workouts/covering practices and meets.
* Assist with all other age and practice groups (15-18’s, 13-14’s, 11-12’s, 10/U’s) with writing workouts/covering practices and meets.
* Assist in management of competitive Swim Team program including focusing on development of competitive skills as well as teamwork, persistence, positive attitude, and core values.
* Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, developing, scheduling and directing coaching staff and volunteers as needed.
* Assist with accurately entering swim meet information and assist with communicating to parents in a timely, professional manner.
* Assist management team with monitoring daily pool operations to adhere to state to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations.
* Assist in securing and scheduling pool facilities.
* Build effective, authentic relationships with community partners, parents and program participants.
* Assist in working with the Swim Team Parents Organization to promote and support the swim team
* Assist with creating, targeting, and distributing marketing of program information.
* Assist in developing/monitoring program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
* Maintain knowledge of industry trends and safety regulations.
* Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events as assigned.
* Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures including emergency safety procedures.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Coach in good standing with USA Swimming
* Minimum of 1-3 years of coaching experience with various age groups
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and motivational skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of social media platforms
* ASCA certification (Level 1 or higher preferred) a plus
* Competitive swimming experience a plus
* Experience with swim meet and team management software such as Team Manager, Meet Manager, or Team Unify a plus
* Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid certifications
* Current Oxygen Administration certification
* Current Lifeguard certification
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off. Complimentary YMCA membership and staff program discounts.
About Somerset Valley YMCA
The Somerset Valley YMCA strives to enable swimmers to grow as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers and expand their overall potential in a nurturing, safe, yet demanding environment. In doing so, we develop enthusiastic, dedicated swimmers who are capable of responding to the demands of a highly competitive program. As six (6) time New Jersey State YMCA Champions, we strive to remain a top-level USA Swimming Silver medal program and to become a highly competitive swimming force at both the regional and national levels.
with Amherst College
Amherst College invites applications for the part-time position of Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming.
The successful candidate will assist in all phases of a highly competitive NCAA Division III swimming and diving program including on-deck coaching, recruiting, meet management, dry land training and various other administrative tasks.
Experience coaching collegiate swimmers or as an intercollegiate competitive swimmer preferred.
This is a non-benefited position.
Possibility of tuition waiver at UMass if admitted to certain graduate programs.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and the contact information (telephone number and e-mail address) for three professional references to https://jobs.amherst.edu.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About Amherst College
Amherst College is a private undergraduate College for men and women with 1,800 students, and 200 faculty and 600 staff members. Located in the Connecticut River Valley of western Massachusetts, Amherst participates with Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts in the Five College Consortium.
with Amherst College
Amherst College, an NCAA Division III school, seeks candidates for the position of Men’s and Women’s Diving Coach.
This part-time position reports to the Head Coach for Swimming and Diving and will include additional responsibilities related to other aspects of a collegiate swimming and diving program.
Must have experience coaching divers or as a competitive diver. Must demonstrate knowledge of the sport, including dryland training and spotting techniques, familiarity of NCAA rules and show valid US Diving certification. Possibility of tuition waiver at UMass if admitted to graduate program.
Interested candidates should a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (mail, e-mail, and telephone numbers) of three professional references. A review of application material will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About Amherst College
Amherst College is a private undergraduate liberal arts college for men and women, with 1,800 students and more than 200 faculty members. Located in the Connecticut River Valley of western Massachusetts, Amherst participates with Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith colleges and the University of Massachusetts in the Five-College consortium.
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
with Redlands Swim Team
Redlands Swim Team (RST) is currently looking for a highly qualified, full-time Head Coach.
This is a challenging opportunity that requires excellent management and administrative skills, both oral and written, with the reward of leading a team that has a long tradition of success. Compensation is competitive and negotiated depending on level of experience, credentials, and history of success. Must pass background check. Interested, qualified candidates should email a cover letter that describes your coaching and managing philosophies, along with salary requirements, resume, and three references to the Team Administrator, at [email protected]
Overview of Head Coach Responsibilities and Expectations
Direct all aspects of the program; year round, seasonal, masters, and learn to swim
Develop and drive a consistent, team-wide coaching philosophy, which is age-appropriate, emphasizing excellence, goal setting, and teamwork
Develop a highly competitive swim program with age-appropriate, skill based levels, focusing on building confidence that grows from improvement, while pursuing excellence; incorporate the 4 Physiologic Aspects of Swimming: Technique, strength, endurance and speed
Devise, communicate, and execute seasonal plans, practice schedules, and training, which support team and individual goals
Direct coaching staff, which includes establishing coach performance expectations and development, conducting annual performance reviews, coordinating, and tracking continuing education and required certifications, and building a cohesive coaching staff; emphasizing communication, knowledge sharing, and cooperation
Collaborate and make recommendations to the Board regarding staffing requirements and changes
Communicate and coordinate with water polo lead coaches regarding pool schedules
Identify and target appropriate meet participation, coordinate meet schedules, and coach coverage
Establish, encourage and review goal setting for all swimmers
Coaches a minimum of one group
Establish and direct a year-round “Learn to Swim” program, and capitalize on building the next generation of RST swimmers
Cultivate collaborative relationships with each school’s aquatics coaches/administrators to coordinate practice schedules
Attend RST monthly Board meeting (or submit monthly report) to report status and progress of swimming and coaching goals as stated in seasonal plan
Represent RST at Eastern Committee and Southern California Swimming meetings within SCS LSC
Monitor USA Swimming rules and requirements to verify that RST’s practices and policies are current and in compliance
Align with RST Board to establish annual budget and fundraising goals
Assist RST Board in community outreach to expand RST programs and visibility; Initiate communication with local businesses and groups to promote RST
Other responsibilities as agreed upon between Head Coach and Board
Bachelor’s degree / Current USA Swimming membership/certifications / American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 4 or higher preferred / Minimum 5+ years Head Coaching experience required, 10+ preferred, or 5-10 years spent in leadership and staff supervision / Strong work ethic and passion for the sport / Proven coaching record with excellent swimmer progression and results / Have experience working with multiple pool sites / Proven ability to mentor, manage, and motivate staff to reach potential / Excellent communication and organizational skills / Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Team Manager / Microsoft Office proficiency
Up to $72,000
About Redlands Swim Team
RST is a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club in the Club Excellence program and a top-level team in the Eastern Section of the Southern California Swimming LSC. RST is a non-profit, parent-board managed team, and has operated since 1962 (formerly called Redlands Swim Club). The Redlands Swim Team maintains year-round competitive swim and water polo teams, learn-to-swim, and masters programs. RST currently has over 300 athletes and utilizes 4, 25-yard pools at the 3 local high schools, and 1, 50-meter pool at a community college.