with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics- DKS Site
Age Group Coach CALIFORNIA, Palo Alto Area (Los Altos Hills, CA). DKS Site of Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (dkswim.com)
Application Deadline: December 19, 2015. Start Date: January 4, 2016
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics, DKS site, is seeking an Age Group Coach with the ability to develop and grow our program and our swimmers. The DKS site of PASA started in the Fall of 2008 with 45 swimmers. The program has since grown to over 250 athletes on the roster with an additional 100+ athletes in the summer recreational program, including several Junior National qualifiers and Olympic Trial Qualifiers. The team has a great relationship with their host pool – Fremont Hills Country Club, which is located in Los Altos Hills, CA, a wonderful community in the foothills above Stanford University located just 6 miles from the University with an excellent quality of life.
(1) Demonstrated ability to communicate with athletes and parents to create cohesive group goals,
(2) Ability to work with the Head Coach and coaching staff as a team member and to help promote club growth,
(3) Must possess Valid USA Coaches Card,
(4) A college degree is preferred but not required. Competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience.
Additional income opportunities are available to qualified candidates.
Interested persons should email letter of interest, resume, and references to Head Coach Dana Kirk at [email protected]
with Fort Myer Swim Team
Team: Fort Myer Swim Team (Arlington VA)
Position: Head Coach
Time: 2016 Summer Season, May 31 through August 6, 2016
Job Description: The Fort Myer Swim Team (FMST) program is seeking one experienced Head Coach for the 2016 swim season. The Fort Myer Squids are a well-established team located on base at Fort Myer in Arlington County, Virginia. The Squids currently compete in the Red Division of the Colonial Swim League. We are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to lead approximately (175) swimmers of all ability levels in our developmental and competitive summer swim league, as well as coordinate and manage our assistant and junior coaches. Afternoon practices begin the Tuesday after Memorial Day from 4-7pm. When public school has ended practices are held in the morning from 6:45-10:00 Monday-Friday. Swim Meets are held on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings throughout Northern Virginia until the end of July, with our All Star meet on August 6, 2016.
The ideal candidate would have head coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and an infectious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming. The candidate will work closely with Board members and junior coaching staff to carry out the many day-to-day responsibilities of the coaching staff.
The responsibilities of the job include:
• Promote a fun, safe, and team-oriented environment
• Be a role model for the swimmers, especially in the older age groups
• Identify age- and skill-appropriate drills for each age group to include stroke, starts, turns, etc…
• Plan and run practices for each age group
• Maintain control and safety of swimmers
• Provide stroke technique instruction to beginning, intermediate, and advanced swimmers
• Coordinate logistics for each swim meet for swimmers and parents
• Prepare meet lineups (Hy-Tek experience desired)
• Review meet results (including disqualification issues) and work with swimmers to improve performance
• Maintain organization of swimmers prior to and during swim meets (At developmental Wednesday meets and competitive Saturday meet)
• Work with the Board to organize and attend themed pep rallies, as well as other various team-sponsored social activities
• Provide an encouraging environment while fostering learning and team spirit
• Willingness to get in the water to fine tune stroke mechanics
• Help with setup and breakdown of all practices and swim meets
• Assist in the hiring of assistant and junior coaching staff (as needed), and managing staff throughout the season
• Experience as a head coach, or extensive experience as an Assistant Coach
• US Swim Coach Certification or equivalent
• Valid CPR/AED, First-Aid certification
• College Degree (preferred)
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective communications skills (for children and parents)
• Letters of Recommendation (3)
Salary commensurate with experience.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
For more information on our team, visit our website at www.fortmyersquids.com.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume and a letter of interest to Chris Spranger, FMST President ([email protected]).
with The Woodlands Swim Team
TWST Head Age Group Coach
The Woodlands Swim Team (“TWST”) is actively recruiting a Head Age Group Coach. We are seeking a top tier coach to take our age group program to the next level while continuing to honor the strong traditions associated with TWST. Our swimmers have won more Texas Age Group Championships than any other team in the history of the event. Our main training facility is the CISD Natatorium, an 8 lane 50 meter or 20 lane 25 yard pool. We also use three outdoor heated community pools with 6 lanes/ 25 yards at each location. In addition to our competitive team of 400+swimmers, we have a non-competitive training group and a learn to swim program.
Candidates must have a strong background in stroke mechanics, drylands and development of a strong age group program while instilling leadership, ownership and confidence in every swimmer.
Qualifications for Head Age Group Coach:
- 8 years or more competitive coaching with a minimum of 5 years leading high-level age group swimmers.
- Charismatic leader and team player with the following traits: takes initiative, understands how to lead by example, enthusiastic, energetic and able to motivate.
- History of working successfully with head coach in developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Able to create and nurture environment of excellence in sport through aerobic/anaerobic training, drills, drylands and racing.
- Understands and clearly communicates proper stroke development and techniques from age group to senior swimmers and can motivate swimmers to achieve their potential.
- ASCA Level 5 certification or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Team Manager and Team Unify.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a 401K option. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Specific job responsibilities available upon request. We will be accepting applications through the end of December 2015. The right candidate should be prepared to join the staff as soon as possible, but no later than March 2016 (beginning of upcoming long course season). This is a great opportunity to become a part of one of the best programs in the United States. Please send resume and cover letter with references to Tim Bauer – Head Coach of TWST at [email protected]
with Great Hills Aquatic Rush
Head Swim Coach Needed – Great Hills Country Club, Austin, TX
The Coach will work closely with the Aquatics Director on programming and overall planning for the team. The Coach will be responsible for running the Senior and Gold practice groups for the club and working collaboratively with the Assistant Coach to prepare dryland workouts and plans. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of high level swimming, as well as an ability to attend swim meets and Saturday practices.
About the team
Great Hills Aquatic Rush is a smaller team, running out of North Austin. The faster groups are beginning to grow into senior sectional cuts, as well as looking at earning their way into the high school state meet. The swimming IQ of the swimmers has been a large focus, as has been mobility and flexibility throughout all movements and aspects of the sport.
Great Hills Aquatic Rush has both full time with benefits and part time positions available.
Contact Samantha Stemmermann
with Saint Andrew's Swimming
Saint Andrew’s Swimming in Boca Raton, FL is seeking individuals with a passion for competitive swimming and the desire to promote a positive environment among swimmers. Saint Andrew’s Swimming is hiring a full-time coach for developmental swimmers ages 12 and under, as well as administrative assistant to Head Coach. We are also hiring a part-time coach for the same age group, as our swimming family continues to grow!
Interested applicants will need the following skills:
Competitive Swimming knowledge and understanding
Computer knowledge in Word, Excel, and/or MAC Pages, Numbers
Knowledge in Team Unify/Hytek Team Manager Meet Manager and USA Swimming database
Assertiveness, Ability to take initiative on tasks
Get along with co-workers as a Team
Salary to be discussed privately.
with Kiefer Swim Products / Adolph Kiefer & Associates
Kiefer Swim Products (Adolph Kiefer & Associates) is in the midst of a period of tremendous growth. We are seeking enthusiastic, self-starters to join our sales team with the responsibility of promoting and growing our team business.
This role requires a strong passion and understanding of aquatics. You must be independently motivated with a strong drive to succeed. This position requires freedom to travel domestically as needed. Only those with friendly and outgoing personalities should apply.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and year-end sales goals as well as other productivity metrics provided by management.
- Presents features, benefits, quotes and pricing proposals of Kiefer’s products and programs to current and prospective customers.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential customers.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential opportunities.
- Optimizes sales with current customers by analyzing sales patterns and gap analysis.
- Responsible for having customer orders placed into ERP system in a timely manner.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Adapting to customers’ needs by occasionally working weekend and evening hours as needed.
- Travels to customers’ locations and/or trade shows as required.
- Works with Custom Coordinator to ensure timely delivery of custom orders.
- Represents Kiefer in a professional and respectable manner.
- One to Three years of experience in sales or customer service. Experience in the swimming industry or sports industry preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on Excel.
- Capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Independently motivated individual with a strong drive to succeed.
- Freedom to travel domestically as needed.
- Four-year degree in Business and/or equivalent working experience to successfully carry out the functions of this position.
Position is based in Zion, Illinois. Bring your team player attitude and competitive nature to Kiefer and start making a difference!
with Central Arkansas Swim Club Racers
Assistant Club Swim Coach for age group swimmers
Central Arkansas Swim Club, Racers, Clarksville branch
At least ASCA or USA swimming level 1 certified coach
USA swimming coach, current certification and background checks
knowledge of stroke technique and practice structure
Hourly, based on level of certification and experience
Professional attitude, toward staff, parents, and swimmers
Teach proper stroke technique and develop structured workouts
Communicate well with staff, parents, and swimmers
Demonstrate punctuality and dependability
with Baylor Swim Club
The Baylor Swim Club located in Chattanooga, TN is now accepting applications for a part-time Senior & Masters Coach to help facilitate its’ growing aquatics program. The Baylor Swim Club is a school supported and coach operated USA Swimming club running on the campus of the Baylor School. The Baylor School is a nationally known prep school that includes day students in grades 6-12, and it features boarding students in grade 9-12 from all over the world.
The club’s home pool is the Baylor School Natatorium. This multi-million dollar facility is state of the art, and one of the best aquatic centers in the country. The indoor pool features 22 short course yard lanes by ten 50 meter long course lanes, and equipped with two moveable bulkheads.
This person would report directly to the Head Coach. He/she would be responsible for coaching a senior / high school age group of student athletes that do not attend the Baylor School. Another responsibility would be the creation and development of a morning adult masters swimming program. This person must have experience coaching competitive swimming at both the high school age and adult masters levels. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow with national caliber coaching staff and club. Candidate should have current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Swim Coaches Safety Training, and current USA Swimming coaches’ registration in good standing.
Below are some of the many accomplishments that have been achieved by both the Baylor School swim team and also the Baylor Swim Club.
• Baylor ranks as a Silver Medal team in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program for the 7th time in the last 9 years
• Baylor Swim Club Produced four USA National Junior Team Members
• Had five swimmers compete at the FINA World Junior Championships in 2011, two competed in the World University Games in 2013, and One to compete in the FINA World Championships in 2013
• Head Coach Dan Flack was named Coach of the United States National Junior team in 2011 and 2013. He was also named Southeastern Swimming LSC Coach of the year in 2007 & 2013.
• Baylor School wins combined state title for the 9th year in a row
• Baylor Swim Club 12th at Junior Nationals – 6th national top 15 finish in the last 7 years
• Baylor Swim Club had ten athletes qualify for the 2012 US Olympic Team Trials.
• Baylor Swim Club had eight USA Swimming Scholastic All Americans, 30 different members over the last five years
• Two National Age Group Relay Records, 1 Individual National Record
• Four athletes were Junior National Champions covering eight different events.
• Thirty-five Southeastern Swimming Records in the last seven years
Nestled in a bend of the Tennessee River and surrounded by mountains and lakes, Chattanooga is so beautiful it inspired a community quest to make it the best mid-sized city in America. The Chattanooga area has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga enters the 21st century as one of the most progressive and livable mid-size cities in the US. In this decade the city has won 3 national awards for outstanding “livability.
To learn more about the Baylor Swim Club, please visit our website at http://www.baylorswimming.org. Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Laura Pitman at [email protected]
with Sacramento Stingrays Swim Team
The Sacramento Stingrays Swim Team is seeking well-qualified applicants for the HEAD COACH and ASSISTANT COACH positions for the 2016 recreational summer swim season (March-August) to work with all levels of swimmers (ages 5-18).
Our ideal candidate for the head coach position is someone with competitive coaching experience, high energy and enthusiasm, a passion for the sport of swimming, and an ability to connect with swimmers ages 5 to 18, to help further improve their swimming potential.
Also the head coach should have a strong knowledge of dryland training, solid stroke technique and ability to assist with differentiation of workouts.
The Head Coach will run all aspects of coaching – workouts, meet seeding, and management of the coaching staff.
Opportunity to run Spring Clinic in addition to the recreational swim season.
Assistant coaches will assist the head coach in all aspects of coaching the team workouts, teaching and administration of the team.
All coaches must be Certified Lifeguards with current BLS/CPR certification.
For more information contact Tom Wildemann, Stingrays President: [email protected]
The Sacramento Stingrays swim at Kennedy High School Sacramento CA.
with Ardsley Country Club
Founded in 1895, Ardsley Country Club is one of the oldest and most distinguished private clubs in the country. Ardsley has an outstanding youth activities program, a magnificent golf course, an excellent dining experience and incredible views of the Hudson River. The club is very family oriented and has a diverse membership. We are currently looking for a Pool Director for the 2016 season.
The Pool Director reports to the General Manager and Assistant Manager
General Purpose: Supervises lifeguards, the safety and cleanliness of the swimming pools and locker rooms.
- Responsible for meeting the standards of the club defined by the Pool Committee,
- General Manager and Assistant Manager
- Reinforces rules, regulations, dress code and telephone policies
- Hires, trains and supervises the lifeguards
- Responsible for opening and closing check list, guard rotations and breaks
- Ensures the staff follows the NYS Department of Health safety plan
- Ensures the staff is attentive in watching the pool, members and guests
- Responsible for pool attendance sheet, lessons and billing
- Orders and monitors chemicals, chlorine ph test for the pool as required by the
- Department of Health
- Maintains and keeps all records concerning accident reports and daily pool operations reports
- Maintains a fully stocked first aid kid
- Assigns staff to keep the locker rooms clean throughout the day and remove trash
- Properly cares for pool equipment and storage area
- Works with the Camp Director during the summer
- Supervises Irvington Camp on Mondays
- Works with the Assistant Manager on the pool calendar
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the General Manager or Assistant Manager
Education/Qualification: College degree, 3 years of experience managing pools and staff, outgoing personality, strong professional interpersonal and communication skills. Works 40+ hours/week
Certifications: First Aid, CPR, AED, Water Safety Instructor, Pool Operator
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
The pool opens on Memorial Day Weekend and closes after Labor Day.
Please submit your resume and references to:
Assistant General Manager
with Nexxt Level Aquatic Center
Nexxt Level Aquatic Center in Voorhees, NJ is looking for a qualified aquatic fitness instructor to run our aquatic exercise program. We are a brand new aquatic facility, and we’re looking for someone with a lot of enthusiasm. The right candidate should be an experienced and positive go-getter who is interested in developing and growing the program at our facility. The coaches and instructors on our staff have worked in aquatics in our area for over 20 years and we’re looking for someone to join our team!
AQUATIC EXERCISE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a strong aquatic exercise program that develops strength in all muscle groups.
- Develop programs for deep water and shallow water exercise
- Collaborate with management to expand the program
- Ability to develop programs that caters towards our general membership and specialty groups like special needs, and older adults
- Ability to bring in new clientele, hire and schedule instructors, prepare and lead aquatic exercise classes
- Carry out management policies and expectations.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years experience leading adult aquatic exercise classes
- Knowledge of CPR/AED and First Aid Certified (Opportunities to renew these certifications can be provided)
- Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) or Aqua Fitness Certification a plus!
*This is a part time position with the opportunity to develop into a full time position.
- Starting hourly wage (DOE)
- Performance based raises
- Minimum wage paid for training
Background check will be required for any candidate being considered.
with South Jersey Aquatic Club (SJAC)
South Jersey Aquatic Club (SJAC) is seeking a Head Masters Coach for a USMS affiliated program in Voorhees, NJ. This coach will plan workouts and provide technical instruction for various levels of adult athletes. The right candidate will also work with the Director of Swimming to grow and improve the program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Masters Team is for swimmers over the age of 18 interested in coach-lead swim practices. This group will have a wide focus depending on each swimmers’ goals. Many of our masters swimmers participate in organized swimming competitions, while others may be tri-athletes or simply looking to train with a group to stay in shape. . This is a part-time position.
- Hard working and passionate about swimming
- Have a strong understanding of stroke mechanics and training principles
- Have/be willing to secure all required USA Swimming certifications
- Must have prior coaching experience and competitive swimming experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Attend all group workouts as scheduled (6 times/wk – 2 mornings, 2 evenings, and 2 weekend practices.)
- Work with Masters swimmers to schedule/attend competitions as individuals or a team.
- Attend meets/competitions as scheduled
- Work with the Director of Swimming to design/implement training programs.
- All candidates being considered must pass a background check prior to employment
Salary based on experience.
- Contact Kristen Holcroft at [email protected]
with South Jersey Aquatic Club
SJAC (South Jersey Aquatic Club) is seeking a Lesson Director to run the SJAC Swim School! SJAC strives to provide the best aquatic experience for swimmers of all ages and abilities. We are looking for a positive and energetic Lesson Director to facilitate that experience.
About the Position
The right candidate should be an experienced instructor who can help develop the program and bring in new clientele. The Lesson Director needs to have great communication and leadership skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
Lesson Director Responsibilities:
- Teach quality swim lessons to children and adults of all ages
- Carry out management’s policies and expectations
- Know and help to expand the SJAC Swim School Curriculum
- Maintain a safe environment for children
- Maintain a clean facility
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Knowledge of All Competitive Swim Strokes: Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke and Butterfly
- A minimum of two years of swim instructor experience
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation- CPR*
- Automated External Deliberator- AED*
- Lifeguard Certification (including First Aid, Pool Safety, and Lifesaving skills)*
*Opportunities to renew these certifications through SJAC can be provided.
- Starting hourly wage (DOE)
- Performance based raises
- Minimum wage paid for training
Background check will be required for any candidate being considered.
with St Lawrence Swim Team
St Lawrence Swim Team in Santa Clara, CA is seeking a qualified age group coach for the current 2015-16 season. The candidate will work with young age group swimmers, in the water and on deck. Approximately 12 hours a week of coaching (not including meets). Training provided for possible candidates. Preferably, applicants should have their USA Swimming coaching credentials completed with current CPR and First Aid certifications. All applicants must be able to swim all 4 strokes competitively. Hourly pay rate is based on experience. If interested send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach Barbara Titus at [email protected]
with SASO - Solano Aquatic Sea Otters
SASO Swim Team (Solano Aquatic Sea Otters, http://www.sasoswimming.org/) is a year-round competitive USA-Swimming program located in Fairfield, California (located 1/2–way between San Francisco and Sacramento). SASO is a non-profit, board supported swim program.
SASO swims at Solano Community College in an outdoor 50meter x 25 yard pool.
About the Team:
SASO Swim Team is a medium sized swim team with an average of 100 to 120 swimmers year-round. We offer team members a teaching based program; promoting a positive and fun swimming experience while maintain a healthy balance of stroke refinement and training for competitive success.
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. A few of the duties include:
- Directing the organization for the club’s mission and vision.
- Hiring, supervising/educating, and terminating all assistant coaches, and determining assistant coaches’ salaries within the coaching budget.
- Member of all nominating committees and a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Chair the long-range planning committee, as it relates to the team and related activities.
- Organize and oversee a SASO summer/winter seasonal swim programs.
- Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and adhere to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct.
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Directly coach the Senior Group.
- Direct staff meetings as needed.
- Set workout schedules.
- Set team meet schedule for all groups, and staff scheduled meets.
- Oversee team travel arrangements.
- Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Maintain team website and Facebook account.
- Oversee all facility use agreements.
- Maintain all team records.
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
- Assist and support all fundraising activities.
- Attend Sierra Nevada LSC meetings.
- Provide a monthly report and attend Board of Directors meeting.
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, $40,000+ annual
Start date January 1, 2016 (flexible depending on applicant responsibilities)
Interested applicants are encouraged to email resume to: [email protected]