with Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF COACHING EXPERIENCE AS A CERTIFIED USA SWIMMING COACH.
The Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club is looking for a dynamic and energetic coach to lead our Age Group program. This is a full time position.
The right candidate will possess the qualities necessary to lead and direct the age group program back to the top of the Middle Atlantic Swimming LSC while putting the swimmers in a great position to succeed at the Zone and National levels as they progress through the program.
1) MINIMUM 3 years prior coaching experiences as a USA Swimming certified coach.
2) MINIMUM Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
3) Current Red Cross Lifesaving (Safety Training for Swim Coaches) and First Aid/CPR (or equivalent)
4) Ability to pass USA Swimming background check and Athlete Protection Training and maintain USA Swimming Coach Membership in good standing throughout the duration of employment
5) Ability to pass Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Enterprises pre-employment background screening
6) Knowledge of the Team Unify website and operating system
7) Extensive knowledge of stroke technique and development
8) Willingness to conduct all business with the team mission statement, vision statement, and philosophy in mind at all times
9) A willingness to continually learn and improve as a coach
Finally, we will put a lot of stock into the recommendations from previous employers.
Job Duties will include but may not be limited to:
1) Lead Coach for two practice groups
2) Attend all swim meets as scheduled by the Head Coach
3) Attend all GPAC hosted swim meets. Job duties at these meets may include items other than coaching (computer operation
4) Oversee the development and execution of training plans for two other practice groups
5) Oversee the coaching staffs for two other practice groups
6) Conduct meetings with the age group coaching staff
7) Assist head coach with the development and implementation of parent education program. This will consist of blog posts and monthly information sessions on various topics pertaining to the sport of swimming (why meets are important, nutrition, long course vs. short course training, etc.)
8) Ensure that all swim meets are properly staffed according to the specific needs of the swimmers at the meet
9) Communicating with parents in a fast and proper manner
10) Continually evaluating the team and team programs and provide feedback as to how we can improve our over
11) Assist in the planning and execution of various club fundraising activities
Salary and Contract:
This will be a multi-year contracted position. Salary will be based on previous experience and qualifications. The salary package, including performance and retention bonuses, will be very competitive with similar positions across the country. This position will also receive reimbursement toward medical insurance, paid vacation time, and will be eligible for a SEP IRA retirement plan after three years of employment.
Also Included: full meet travel reimbursement and full payment for continuing education experiences (clinics, conventions, visits to other teams, etc.)
with Northwest Arkansas Aquatics Sharks
****************this position has been filled***************************
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS AQUATICS: HEAD COACH
Northwest Arkansas Aquatics is seeking an experienced Head Coach for our USA Swimming program. We are a competitive swim team dedicated to athletic development for swimmers – novice to elite level. We attend state, regional and national competitions, host well-attended swim meets, provide team-building opportunities for swimmers and their families, and encourage our athletes to give back to the community through volunteerism. We have a strong relationship with Bentonville Parks and Recreation and use their pools as our home.
The Head Coach is responsible for overall management of the team, coaches and development of our swimmers in a safe and competitive environment. He or she also is responsible for development and guidance of our coaching staff, managing meet participation, communication with club parents and our relationship with the community.
We are located in the Bentonville/Rogers area of northwest Arkansas – an area with a strong corporate presence, great schools and a wide variety of cultural opportunities. For more information about northwest Arkansas, visit www.nwachambers.com.
The successful candidate will lead, design and administer a total aquatics system that emphasizes progression of swimmers from our youngest, developmental athletes through our oldest, national-level athletes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of team
- Direct coaching of swimmers in the Senior Level and other swimmers
- Supervision and management of assistant coaching staff to execute programs that allow swimmers to reach full potential and progress through our program to senior level, high school and beyond
- Collaborating with the Board to fulfill the strategic plan and mission of NWAA
- Leading management of meet participation and related travel to out-of-area meets
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing for staff needs
- Providing for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes
- Coordinating training schedules, group placemen and advancement guidelines
- Overseeing facility logistics for all sites
- Communicating with team members and families via group meetings, newsletters, email, website and individual meetings
- Working with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes and further develop and grow NWAA
- Contributing to team meet selections and submitting team meet entries
- Preparation, planning and development of NWAA team-based and home swimming meets
- Participating in the local swim committees of USA Swimming
- Assisting with additional practices, fundraisers, office duties, team social events (including team banquets) and summer league clinics
- Assisting with marketing and development of NWAA
- Enforcing rules and regulations of NWAA and USA Swimming
- Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Board
This position is based in Bentonville/Rogers, AR and is available for immediate hire. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive reference checks will be conducted for final candidates as the safety of our members is of top priority and paramount to the success of our organization. Applicant interest is kept in the strictest of confidence. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.northwestarkansasaquatics.org.
with Y-Spartaquatics Swim Club
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is seeking qualified applicants to be a Lead Senior Coach at The Middle Tyger Family YMCA in Duncan South Carolina. YSSC is one of the top YMCA swim programs in the nation, winning the 2014 SCY YMCA National meet, placing 2nd in the girls at the 2014 Summer Junior Nationals, winning the 2014 Winter Junior Nations in Seattle WA, placing 2nd at the 2015 SCY YMCA National meet and winning the 2015 LCY YMCA National meet. YSSC regularly finishes in the top 20 of the USA Swimming Virtual Club Championships. The position is responsible for the two senior groups (about 70 kids total) that feed the top senior group, working with the top 13-15 year old swimmers in the program. YSSC has a complete set of Colorado timing Equipment to run meets in 12 short course lanes. The position calls for the running and caretaking of this equipment along with other team management duties. We have formulated a long range strategic plan and the position will be instrumental in its implementation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic hard working coach with strong organizational skills, Hytek/Team Unify proficiency working knowledge of Colorado Timing Systems and strong people skills. Must have all required safety certifications and pass USA Swimming background test. There are required office hours and recruiting from the local summer league is important to our success. This is a full time position.
Position is available immediately, but can wait for the right person if needed. Salary will be commensurate with experience but will attract high level coaches. The Y also provides great benefits including health insurance and retirement. ASCA level 3 preferred. Please send resume and 3 references to Head Coach Ted Pierson [email protected] , 720 Shoals Drive, Duncan SC, 29334. For more information go to www.gocukes.com or call 864-433-9623.
with Kachemak Swim Club
Kachemak Swim Club (KSC) in breathtaking Homer, Alaska is seeking an experienced coach to lead and to grow our year-round USAS team of 75-100 swimmers.
About KSC and Homer
KSC (kachemakswim.org) has drawn the most consistent participation among youth sports in our small, maritime, aquatics-oriented town over the past 30+ years. The largest cohorts of swimmers are in the pre-competitive and age-group programs, and we want a head coach who can build upon this strength and develop a larger, more vibrant and competitive club. Although we have talented and dedicated swimmers across all ages, the primary areas for growth are in the upper age-group and senior programs. Our departed head coach had established a heightened competitive focus, rigorous training regiments and dedication to continuous improvement. His successor will need continue these, as well as to accommodate more recreational-minded swimmers in the program (Alaska does not have recreational swim programs like other LSCs.). We practice (and compete) in a meticulously maintained 6-lane, 25-yard indoor facility on the campus of Homer High School.
Homer is a hamlet of 5,000 residents, with approximately 4,000 additional people residing in the surrounding areas within a reasonable commute. Outdoor recreation, art and sheer beauty attract people from around the world. Principal industries are tourism, government/education, health care, commercial fishing, and affiliated services.
Head Coach expectations/responsibilities
- Be the CEO of the swim program.
- Coach one ore more groups, most likely to include upper-age group and senior teams, and maintain oversight over all other groups.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assistant coaches to achieve team vision and objectives.
- Attend monthly board meetings and provide written report on swim program.
- Collect and input all meet entries into HyTek.
- Lead recruitment and retention efforts utilizing local media and incentive programs.
- Model integrity and a positive attitude via daily interactions with swimmers, parents and colleagues.
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the U.S.A.
- KSC itself can offer a salary of $25-30k per year depending on experience and qualifications (including willingness and experience in coaching Masters team), plus bonuses for club growth.
- Homer High School assistant swim coach is also currently open at kpbsd.org. Head coach position would likely become available to a good candidate next swim season. Coaching high school is an important piece of building a quality swim program in the Alaska LSC so you maintain contact with senior swimmers during the 12-week high school season.
- Other aquatic occupational opportunities include private lessons, lifeguarding and learn-to-swim supervision.
with Manchester University
Reports to the Head Coach and is responsible for instructing and assisting with all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach, demonstrate and develop swimming & diving theories and skills in student athletes
- Teach physical health and safety to student athletes
- Teach team-concepts and team-play to student athletes
- Lead and direct the swimming & diving academic studies program
- Design customized work-out and practice instructions for individual student athletes
- Represent the Department of Athletics in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Teach and follow the rules for swimming & diving of the NCAA, HCAC, and Manchester University
- Successfully complete the NCAA Division III Rules Test online.
- Teach and assure appropriate safety precautions and practices during team practices, games and travel.
- Coach practices and competitions.
- Evaluate and counsel individual athletes
- Recruit prospective student-athletes (some travel required).
- Maintain appropriate office hours, files, and paperwork.
- Drive campus fleet vehicles to away competitions. (On-site training provided)
- Attend athletic and campus-wide staff meetings.
- Extensive knowledge of swimming & diving; previous coaching preferred
- Certification in CPR w/AED & First Aid.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. This is a nine (9) month position with the option to be paid over a twelve (12) month period, starting no earlier than August 1 or later than September 1 of each academic year. Workday schedule varies; evenings, weekends and travel will be required. Hours will be determined with current coaching staff upon hire. Includes weekend evening work.
What We Offer: We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to serve in a dynamic educational environment committed to graduating persons of ability and conviction. We are consistently ranked as an Honor Roll Great College to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
To Apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to:
Preferred method of application: http://www.manchester.edu/OHR/apply/staff/index.html
E-mail questions to [email protected]
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.
with University of Delaware
The Assistant Coach I/Aquatics Assistant reports to the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming/Aquatics Director, as well as the program director for swimming and carries out all responsibilities delegated by the head coach/director. Under the general direction of the Head Coach/Aquatics Director, the incumbent provides support to all aspects of the program and pool operation/management.
On-campus contacts include students, support staff, administrators, peers and colleagues, while off-campus contacts include prospective student-athletes, parents, alumni, guidance counselors, high school and college coaches and the general public (fans).
The incumbent should be knowledgeable in the technical and tactical aspects of the sport, as well as pool operation and maintenance.
The position often requires work beyond that of the normal University workday and involves nights, weekends and travel.
Plan and execute daily practice and meet preparations. Coach individual athletes as assigned. Includes on-deck coaching
Recruit qualified student-athletes for the University. May include off-campus talent evaluations, home and high school visits, on-campus official and unofficial visits, correspondence, and telephone contacts. Represent University to high school coaches, guidance counselors, alumni, parents and prospective student-athletes. Complete necessary NCAA compliance logs for recruiting and practice on a weekly basis.
Monitor dryland strength training and conditioning.
Execute meet organizational responsibilities/arrangements as assigned.
Provide academic and athletic advisement for team members.
Plan and implement promotional and fundraising activities.
Perform designated responsibilities related to pool operation, maintenance, cleanliness and
Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach/Aquatics Director.
Bachelor’s degree in coaching related curriculum or acceptable equivalent field, job-related experience, including two years of college-age coaching, advanced knowledge of swimming techniques and strategies, some pool management background, effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. ASCA level 2, or higher, certification desirable, but not required. Requires demonstrated competitive coaching skills, knowledge of NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements, of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules, of NCAA recruiting rules, of strength and conditioning programs, ability to foster a cooperative work environment, read and follow technical instructions and manuals and make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
with Fordham University
Position: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach (Full-time)
Position Reports to: Head Coach, Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving
Responsibilities: To include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coaching, teaching, instructing and planning of all practices and meets.
- Coach, teach, and instruct individual skill development of Division I student-athletes.
- Assist in the recruiting of quality student-athletes within the University, Atlantic 10 and NCAA policies.
- Commitment to attend all practices and home and away meets.
- Assist the head coach with the administrative operations of the swim program as needed.
- Fully comply with all University policies and procedures, NCAA, and Atlantic 10 rules and regulations.
- Attend fund raising events upon request to support the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years coaching experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
with Ambler Area YMCA
The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable laws. Page 1
PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM VALLEY
JOB TITLE: Assistant Swim Coach JOB CODE: 2100P
LEVEL: 5 FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Head Swim Coach LOCATION: Ambler YMCA
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director and Head Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach is expected to provide support and encouragement to assist swimmers in learning the specific progressive or competitive program. Ensure safety and cleanliness of the program area and adherence to all YMCA safety standards and rules.
- Lead swimmers through skill mastery and swim practices
- Provide a safe environment that allows swim team participants to learn YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
- Encourage and support swimmers to provide an enjoyable YMCA experience.
- Evaluate swimmers skills; provide skills needed to master strokes.
- Ensure fair practice and swim meet experience
- Coach must supervise the entire swim meet, including warm-ups, practice dives, events, etc., ensuring the safety of the swimmers
- Conduct practices with energy and enthusiasm
- Provide support and encouragement to participants
- Incorporate character development objectives into the program to reinforce the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Regularly check equipment for necessary repair or replacement
- Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all YMCA rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA Staff is responsible for the following:
o Maintaining a clean, well-groomed appearance while on duty and keeping in compliance with the Association and Department Dress Code Policy
o A continued commitment to member satisfaction by ensuring excellent Member Experience
o Maintaining the safety of all members and staff by identifying and correcting risk situations, writing incident reports, etc.
o Ensuring the overall cleanliness of the facility
o A commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
o Keeping the children in the care of the PFVY and participating in programming within the branches safe from harm and reporting signs and suspicions of abuse when necessary to the requisite state agency
The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable laws. Page 2
Wet and/or humid, high levels of noise, exposure to weather during summer months, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions to staff, members, and volunteers accurately, quickly, and loudly; ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear; running quickly on land then safely entering the water; advanced swimming ability; surface diving and swimming underwater to a specific depth; recovering a casualty from deep water to the surface; towing a casualty to a point of exit from the water; lifting, carrying or/or dragging a victim to a point of safety; Ability to sprint on land; ability to lift and carry over 100lbs under water; ability to pull and drag large objects; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; ability to tread water for long periods of time; ability to clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more ; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are
- 18 years old with High School Degree or equivalent, 2 years of directly related experience in developing and conducting programs.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including nights and weekends.
- Know any computer software that is used for the running of meets and swimmer line ups.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
Acquire and maintain the following certifications:
o CPR Pro/AED/O2 (valid 1 year)
o First Aid (valid 1 year)
o Requisite Redwoods Online Trainings (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
o YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
o USA Swimming Coach Level 1( if applicable)
o Red Cross Lifeguarding, YMCA Lifeguarding, or Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches
At the YMCA we value the following attributes in personal character and behavior and believe that they are essential to attaining our mission:
CARING Showing a sincere concern for others.
HONESTY Be truthful in what you say and do.
RESPECT Follow the Golden Rule.
RESPONSIBILITY Be accountable for your promises and actions.
To translate the principles of the YMCA’s Christian heritage into programs that nurture children, strengthen families, build strong communities and develop healthy minds, bodies and spirits for all.
Employee Name: _________________________
Signature: _______________________________ Date:___________________
with Donner Swim Club
This coach will coordinate and share responsibilities with our other Age Group Coach.
• responsible for Age Group level of swimming in the program
• Maintain current certifications as required for position
• Coach swimmers to perform at the highest competitive levels
• Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and promotes athlete academic success
• Inspire confidence in the athletes, coaches and parents
• Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue developm
• coaches the Age Group swimmers and other swimmers as called upon within Donner Swim Club
• adheres to the workout schedules coordinated with the head coach
• assists with tryouts for Donner Swim Club
• complies with the meet schedule
• assists in setup and teardown of home meets
• has prompt attendance on all scheduled practice and meet days and/or ensures the presence of a certified coach to supervise if not present
• recommends individual swimmers’ meet schedule and events (with parent signup)
• coordinates the design of season training plans for Age Group swimmers
• coordinates the daily practice plans for Age Group swimmers
• ensures development and implementation of stroke technique with Age Group swimmers and assists coaches and swimmers at all levels with stroke technique
• structures individual and team warm-ups for Age Group swimmers
• complies with established individual and team warm-ups for other swimmers in Donner Swim Club
• attends all schedule coaches’ meetings of Donner Swim Club
• attends all pertinent coaches’ meetings at meets
• meets/exceeds criteria established on the Donner Swim Club Coaches Evaluation Form
• demonstrates personal knowledge and continuous growth in expertise
• complies with directives issued by the head coach as well as the Board of Directors for Donner Swim Club
• complies with all Donner Swim Club coaches’ policies and guidelines
• complies with all USA Swimming and Indiana Swimming policies and guidelines
• maintains the highest degree of professionalism in representing Donner Swim Club
• aids in the parent education program
• responds to parent concerns and issues
• is in continual communication with the head coach
Compensation is a part-time annual salary paid biweekly.
Benefits include professional dues, clinics, per diem and travel expenses for meets, and generous time off between seasons and during school breaks (other than summer break).
ABOUT DONNER SWIM CLUB
Donner Swim Club (DSC) is one of Indiana oldest and most successful Swim Clubs. DSC was formed in 1948, and incorporated in 1965. DSC has nearly 250 swimmers utilizing 2 year-round pools, and one warm-weather pool. The Club uses the CNHS Natatorium (8-lane 25m/y facility with separate diving well, seating for 500), Northside Middle School pool (6-lane, 25y facility), and the outdoor Donner Park Pool (8-lane 50m facility with separate diving well, seating for up to 1,000).
DSC has a strong tradition for hosting successful meets, hosting long course championship meets as long ago as 1959 (LC Age Group State) and as recently as 2012 with the USA Swimming Central Zone 14 & Under Championship. DSC also often hosts divisional championship short course meets for Indiana Swimming (5 in the last 10 years, including March and August 2015). The Club also hosts 4 invitational meets (3 short course, 1 long course) during a normal year.
DSC swimmers have always been competitive in the water, and more recently, in open water competition as well. The DSC records can be found at www.donnerswimclub.org. The Club currently has USA Swimming Junior National Team, 2016 USA Swimming Olympic Trials, and 2016 USA Swimming Open Water Olympic Trials qualifiers.
ABOUT COLUMBUS, INDIANA
Columbus, Indiana, forty minutes south of Indianapolis, has a population of only 45,000, yet has been ranked 6th in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects, right behind Chicago, New York, Boston, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In November 2010, Forbes Magazine selected Columbus as one of the top ten best small cities to raise a family, saying Columbus is one of the cities that, “sweep our ranking of quiet, prosperous, and family-friendly places…these places boast solid average incomes, good educational prospects, low costs, short commute times, and high rates of home ownership.” The Columbus Parks and Recreation Department has been named the #1 Park system for its size by the National Recreation and Park Association. And, in 2014, Area Development ranked Columbus the #1 small metro in the U.S. and an impressive #2 overall out of all 379 surveyed metropolitan statistical areas in the nation. Columbus is located on I-65 between Indianapolis and Louisville; within 90 minutes of 3 international airports (including Cincinnati), making it easily accessible.
with Williamsburg Aquatic Club
Williamsburg Aquatic Club(WAC) seeks a head swim coach.
You will lead swimmers in pursuing their swimming goals, educating parents and swimmers, and leading a coaching staff. WAC has swimmers at skill levels from novice to senior national qualifier. We need a coach who can inspire every swimmer to do their best. We want the coaches who work under you to be knowledgeable of your vision and understand our team and level goals. You will be coaching in two different facilities about 1/2 mile apart. We typically have two full time assistant coaches and five part time coaches.
The Head Coach is responsible for the wet-side operations of the club and certain dry-side functions (ie meet entries, overseeing the lessons program, overseeing the setting up and taking down of the bubble system for the winter, new swimmer registration, staffing, etc.) He/she coaches as the lead for three levels and oversees assistants who run the remaining four levels. Our coach will collaborate with the parent board, directs and mentors the assistant coaches, run staff meetings, conducts parent education sessions, helps to recruit new swimmers, and represents the team at LSC meetings.
Our candidate possesses the following:
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with a clear background check. Certification in American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training.
- Excellent knowledge of stroke technique and proven ability to communicate that knowledge to swimmers and coaches.
- Experience as an assistant coach or head coach at a USA club and/or collegiate level.
- Superior organizational skills up to the task of administration of a USA Swim Club.
- Ability to manage swimmers across multiple training levels
- Proficiency with swimming software (TeamManager, TeamUnify, coaches eye)
This is a year‐round, salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. We have potential for bonuses and medical insurance allowance. Education and meet travel expenses are reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, description of your coaching philosophy and management style and contact information for at least three references, to Search Committee Chair: Luis Long at [email protected] All submissions will be held in strict confidence.
Must be able to start by September 1st
WAC is a year-round USA Swimming club of 180 swimmers who won the 2014 Virginia LSC short course championship (medium size teams). Multiple age group and senior swimmers have represented the team at local, state, and national competitions. We have had many graduating seniors continue to swim in college. WAC is a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Williamsburg is a town of 75,000 people located an hour west of Virginia Beach and is home to the College of William and Mary. Williamsburg is also home to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Busch Gardens, and Water Country USA.
with Team Rebel Aquatics
Team Rebel Aquatics (TRA) is looking for a part time assistant age group coach.
This is a year round position working with age group swimmers from ages 9-14. Practices are Monday through Saturday from 4:30 to 7:00 P.M. on weekdays and mornings on Saturdays depending on space availability time. This can be a long-term position for an individual who has a passion for swimming and desires to work with and develop swimmers of all ages.
Candidates must have a background in competitive swimming either as a coach or swimmer, and have strong communication skills with swimmers, parents, and coaches. Candidates should possess or be willing to obtain current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing and pass all required background checks.
Applicant duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Able to manage a group by writing practices for that group.
Able to learn all groups and cover for other coaches when necessary.
• Able to communicate with parents.
• Attending meets throughout the season.
• Promote the team philosophy and foster a positive and friendly practice environment for athletes in the water.
Salary for the position of Assistant Coach is commensurate with experience. Coaches will not be compensated for weekend meets but will be compensated for travel expenses if attending out of town meets.
About Team Rebel Aquatics
Team Rebel Aquatics is a USA Swimming affiliated team established as a non-profit organization with the purpose of teaching competitive swimming and developing teamwork. We are a Coach directed team that trains at UNLV, Las Vegas , Nevada.
with Iowa Lakes Community College
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: This part time position will assist the Head Swimming Coach and Housing Department with day to day operations from approximately August 1, 2015– June 30, 2016. Successful candidate will enroll in a Master’s Degree Program at their own expense.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF TIME)
- Assist the head swimming coach in the day to day operations of the swimming program.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in the academic monitoring and success of student athletes.
- Housing Assistant – Live on campus.
- Responsible for dorm supervision and housing office hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evaluate athlete’s strengths and deficiencies as possible recruits or to improve the athlete’s techniques to be competitive.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of team members; ensuring a full roster of student athletes.
- Assist in the maintenance of program budget.
- Occasional (10-33%)
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former and current students, and the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and the general public.
- Possess skills in: reading, writing; listening and comprehending.
- Possess the ability to access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other employees.
- Possess the ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Possess the ability to effectively relate to a diverse group of students.
- Exhibit professionalism during competitive or stressful situations.
- Possess the ability to maintain a flexible schedule for home and away meets.
- Possess the ability to run practices effectively and independently when necessary.
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Coaching position involves wide range of motion requirements to demonstrate and teach different techniques to student athletes. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and viewing various types of close visual work. Frequent (34-66%) stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling and carrying. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds of force frequently. Must complete Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Will require flexible hours including weekends and evenings. The additional physical demands normally expected of a coach are required. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- College swimming and / or coaching experience preferred
with YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team
The YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team is seeking a career-minded senior coach to serve as the Head Site Senior Coach within our program at one of our YMCA locations. YOTA is a 625+ swimmer, coach run and directed program (no parent board) based in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, N.C. This position will oversee our senior program at our Chapel Hill/Durham branch. The qualified candidate should be excited about growing this site both in size and in stature.
Qualifications for the position include a minimum of least 5 years of senior coaching experience. ASCA level 3 certification or equivalent is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is also preferred. The successful candidate should also posses strong leadership, communication, organization and computer skills. The candidate must be able to adhere to the YMCA vision/core values and work towards fulfilling our YOTA Swim Team mission and vision.
Salary is commensurate with experience; in addition to a generous benefit package of full major-medical, disability, vision, and dental insurance; 12% retirement; paid vacations; YMCA family membership; paid USAS certifications; and reimbursements for meet expenses. Continuing education opportunities (clinics, conventions) also exist and are paid for by the club. The desired start date is as soon as possible.
Team Achievements: The YMCA of the Triangle Area (YOTA) Swim Team is a USAS/YMCA competitive swim team that serves the communities of Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, N.C. YOTA is a 2015 USA Swimming Silver Medal club, ranked in the top 20 of the Virtual Club Rankings, and is a Level 4 team in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program. We continue to be a force at the annual YMCA National Championships. YOTA has a long tradition of producing outstanding swimmers and individuals, both on the national and international levels. During the past few seasons, we have qualified swimmers for the US National Junior Team and the 2014 Youth Olympics, as well as a multitide of swimmers for Olympic Trials and the US Senior and Junior Nationals. We’ve also had several USA Swimming Top-16 ranked athletes and relays.
Location: The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina is annually named one of the top-5 most desirable places to live by numerous publications. Beaches are only a two-hour drive, while the mountains only three. Surrounded by 3 major universities, the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area is an attractive area in terms of education, sports, and a wonderful lifestyle.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Head Coach Chad Onken via email at: [email protected] If you have any questions, please email Chad Onken.
with YMCA OF THE FOX CITIES
WHERE WORK IS PLAY
The Y knows that bringing about positive change starts with bringing the right people to the table. By being part of the Y family, you help to move people and communities forward, delivering the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it.
Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA Aquatic programs, assist with Swim Team programs, Supervise Women’s Fitness Center Locker room and general locker room operations.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Maintain and develop community relationships and partnerships specifically with Lawrence University and City of Appleton.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Serve on branch management team and association mission impact teams.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent. Three to five years’ experience preferred; as an aquatics director, coordinator or supervisor. Trainer level certifications in Lifeguarding, WSI, CPR and Pool Operations preferred. Strong organizational skills, budget development, training and supervisory skills.
This full time position offers an excellent benefit package including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
• An Exceptional Retirement Plan
• 403(b) Smart Account
• Complimentary Family YMCA Membership
• Excellent Child Care and Program Discounts
with Mecklenburg Swim Association
********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*******
Assistant Age Group Coach
NORTH CAROLINA, CHARLOTTE
Mecklenburg Swim Association
Listed August 4th, 2016
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swimming) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs. MSA current has 400 year-round swimmers on the team. MSA is currently building a 10-lane Indoor Pool to open in the Fall of 2016. Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and professional. Should have ASCA level two coaching certification, or ability to obtain quickly. This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary ($30k-$32k) with bonus opportunity, paid vacations, and retirement plan. Position to begin in September of 2016. Please send resume with cover letter, to [email protected].