with Greater Nebraska Swim Team
Greater Nebraska Swim Team (GNST) Lincoln, NE is seeking a part time assistant age group swim coach for hours ranging from 10 to 15 hours per week. This position will work with our age group swimmers and will be responsible for coordinating training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with head age group coach and head coach. A primary focus on technique, skill development and long term athlete development is a must. Opportunity to work with established coaches who have coached athletes to USA Swimming National Select camps, USA Swimming Winter and Summer Junior Nationals and the Olympic Trials.
* Competitive swimming background (USA coaching experience preferred).
* Coaching Experience (younger age)
* Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with parents, swimmers and other coaches.
* Energy and passion for the sport and youth development.
* Applicants must be current with all USA Swimming safety coaching requirements or be willing to obtain them.
* Applicants must be able to pass a USA Swimming background check prior to final hire.
with Rapid City Racers
Head coach is a voting board member. The position will be directly responsible for coaching Senior group and will oversee and lead assistant coaches for junior, age group, and cross training programs. The head coach will be responsible for administrative tasks, setting team goals, ability to write sets and organize training for all groups, organize and oversee summer/winter program, attend swim meets, a motivating and positive role model, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and adhere to USA Swimming Coach’s Code of Conduct.
The Rapid City Racers Swim team is founded on the belief that age-group competitive swimming offers an exciting and worthwhile experience in a young person’s life. It can be learned and enjoyed by those with very little natural ability, as well as those who are of Olympic caliber. Its values go far beyond that of learning efficiency in the water. It is a basic assumption that for an age-group competitive program to succeed, it must encompass and challenge all who participate and it must follow continuous developmental progression. Swimmers learn balance and the feel of movement through water, much the same as they sense movement and balance out of water. This water sense can only come through continued and constant exposure to water, with each succeeding step bringing about an increased sophistication in stroke technique. The Rapid City Racers is recognized as a Level 2 USA Swim Club.
Position Open Until Filled
with California State University, Fresno
California State University, Fresno
Athletics Department Vacancy # 12882
Head Women’s Water Polo Coach
Commensurate with education and experience; plus bonus opportunities and employee benefits. (Coaching positions at Fresno State are not tenure track and do not guarantee future employment rights)
This position is under the guidance of the Director of Athletics or his designee. The Head Women’s Water Polo Coach is responsible for all facets of administering the Women’s Water Polo Program. The primary purpose of this position is to teach and develop sport specific skills and coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes; develop and maintain sport budget; schedule and organize practice and competitions; ensure that the program is operating in compliance with the NCAA, conference and university rules; develop and enforce written team rules and expectations; recruit quality student-athletes that are intent on graduating from the institution; assist in the monitoring and maintenance of academic progress and eligibility of team members; to support the philosophy, policies and procedures of the department of athletics; and to promote intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the university.
– Teach and develop sport specific skills and coaching strategies that enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes in practice and competition
– Support the conditioning and training of student-athletes in conjunction with the strength/weight staff, the athletic training staff and team physicians
– Team performance and success within the conference, regionally and nationally
– Effective allocation of athletic scholarships to student-athletes within NCAA rules and parameters established by the department of athletics
– Operation of program within assigned budget
– Identification of prospective student-athletes who represent the institution’s values, compete at a high level and intend to graduate from Fresno State
– Schedule and organize practice and playing competitions within the parameters identified by the department of athletics Coordination of team travel
– The monitoring and maintenance of academic progress and eligibility of team members in conjunction with the student athlete services staff
– Supervision and evaluation of the Assistant Coach/Women’s Water Polo
– Development of fan support in conjunction with the marketing staff
– Work effectively and cooperatively with staff and administration
– Support the department’s commitment to gender equity and ethnic diversity
– Support the department’s commitments to rules compliance and academic integrity.
– Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with a positive history of rules compliance
– Coaching philosophy and teaching concepts compatible with the department’s vision
– Ability to recruit 75% of roster from California and 60% of student-athletes within the San Joaquin Valley (Bakersfield to Sacramento)
– Ability to develop camp programs
– Ability to assist with booster club management
– Ability and willingness to support the department’s equity commitments
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
– A work history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Note: Applicant must possess or be able to obtain an unrestricted California driver’s license within 60 days of accepting the job. In addition, the applicant must meet California State University, Fresno’s safe driving criteria as posted at http://www.csufresno.edu/drms/riskmgt/driving/defensdriving.shtml
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s degree from an institution of higher education which is accredited by one of the six US regional accrediting associations or by an equivalent international institution of higher education.
– A minimum of three years of experience in coaching Women’s Water Polo at the NCAA collegiate level or equivalent work experience
– Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and a history of rules compliance
– Proven track record of recruitment and retention of high-quality, successful student-athletes
– History of success as a coach as evidenced by sustained win/loss record
– Experience with camp oversight
– Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with student-athletes, administrators, support staff and community groups
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and project a professional approach and attitude
– Experience coaching Women’s Water Polo at the NCAA Division I level Recruiting experience in the Western region
– Master’s degree
April 15, 2016
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://apptrkr.com/765554
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual’s eligibility to be employed in the United States.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed (as determined by the CSU) before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may be the basis for rescinding an offer of employment and/or affect the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery /index.html
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
This position may be a “designated position” in the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information:
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees’ Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
This is a full-time management position covered by the California State University Management Personnel Plan. Under this plan, employees are subject to management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the University President of that campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, the California State University, Fresno’s statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University’s mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor’s and master’s levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 23,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
with Greenfield Community Aquatic Team
Head Age Group Coach position available with Greenfield Community Aquatic Team in Greenfield, IN.
Greenfield Community Aquatic Team (GCAT) is located on the far eastside of Indianapolis and is committed to creating environments and experiences that make team success and individual greatness inevitable! We have over 135 USA registered swimmers and we are steadily growing.
The Head Age Group Coach ensures that participants are highly engaged and delivers exceptional coaching through being an experienced and knowledgeable coach. Head Age Group Coach keeps current in best technical and training philosophies and has a proven ability to teach stroke mechanic and a sound developmental education to achieve goals and objectives of GCAT.
For the well qualified candidate, additional income potential exist in our rapidly growing swim lesson program, or successful High School and Middle school teams and other programs.
- Minimum 3-5 years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 3 or above preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Current Red Cross Lifesaving (Safety Training for Swim Coaches), First Aid/CPR, and Lifeguard certification.
- Ability to pass USA Swimming background check and Athlete Protection Training and maintain
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Willingness to conduct all business following the Team’s mission statement, vision statement, and philosophy.
- Create fun, positive, exciting and engaging practices for GCAT’s 14 and under swimmers.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, Providing great customer service and communicates with all constituents for the program including staff, swimmers, parents and friends of GCAT.
- Collaborates with staff to develop benchmarks for measuring improvement, opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Develops and follows seasonal, weekly and daily training and practice plans for all groups. Maintains a practice log and/or skill review list for each group with an accurate swimmer roster and attendance records.
- Fosters an environment within the swimming program that supports the mission of personal growth to individual and team greatness, integrity, sportsmanship, commitment to athletic and academic excellency in a positive environment. Enthusiastically participates in team functions and events.
- Responsible for adhering to the American Swimming Coaches Association and USA Swimming Code of Ethics and Conduct, GCAT’s Policies and Procedures and ensuring all required credentials are current.
- Meet weekly with Head Coach to discuss “wet” & “dry” topics such as planning, meet/practice schedules, club development, training strategies. Be in constant communication of all information, issues/concerns to Head Coach regarding Age Group coaches/program.
- Oversee individual and team entries, submits entries and send out any relevant meet information for Age Group & Senior Level swim meets. Imports Swim Meet results onto GCAT database & manage team records page.
- Well-versed in Team Unify, Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to learn, Grow and Excel” professionally and personally.
This position will stay open until best individual fit for this position is found with start date no later then August 1st.
with Calvary Christian School
Calvary Christian School is looking for a qualified head coach for our varsity and middle school swim program. Our swim season runs from the middle of October to the end of January. Calvary is looking for a strong Christian role model to lead our young men and women. Duties include organizing practice schedules, teaching proper strokes in the pool and on dryland training, preparing our swim athletes to compete at a high level, transporting the team to their meets. Candidate must have a knowledge of or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager.
with University of La Verne Leopards
The University of La Verne is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $3000.00. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assistance in planning and preparation for all training and competition, on deck coaching, dryland training, all areas of recruiting, fundraising, and pool operation supervision. The candidate will report directly to the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements and be accepted for a University of La Verne Graduate program. They must also have an understanding of; or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager, recruiting software such as FrontRush and social media site maintenance. They must also demonstrate a commitment to; and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, and the University of La Verne and the Athletic Department.
with The Catholic University of America
Catholic University is accepting applications for a graduate assistant position for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of the program, including (but not limited to) devising a comprehensive training plan, daily practices and workouts, recruiting, and other duties as assigned by the head coach and the administration. Night and weekend availability is a necessity.
Requirements:The ideal candidate should intend to pursue a career in collegiate coaching. Bachelors Degree required, acceptance to a Graduate Program at the Catholic University of America, previous collegiate playing, coaching, or recruiting experience, functional computer skills, and a strong work ethic.
Duties: Provide assistant coaching support for CUA Swimming and Diving to include, but not limited to, recruiting, meet and practice preparation, office management, and logistical support. Other duties will be assigned by the Athletic Department.
This position includes tuition to graduate school and a competitive stipend.
To apply to graduate school at CUA, visit http://admissions.cua.edu/graduate.
To apply for the position, send resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to:
with Cincinnati Marlins
The Marlins are seeking a part-time senior coach to lead our senior group at one of our satellite locations.
– Plan season training for the Senior group and write practices.
– Attend 6 practice sessions per week including dryland (Monday-Saturday).
– Attend meets where senior swimmers are in attendance.
– Complete meet entries for all Senior athletes.
– Communicate with the head coach and other Senior coaches on training principles and Saturday practice plans.
– Communicate with group parents regarding practices, meets and concerns.
– Work with other group coaches to determine move ups for the swimmers.
– Create practice schedules with the lead site coach.
– Competitive swimming background.
– 1-3 years USA Swimming coaching experience (Senior level preferred).
– Strong understanding of training principles and technique development.
– Strong work ethic and communication skills.
– Energy and passion for the sport and youth development.
– Applicants must be current with all USA Swimming safety coaching requirements or be will to obtain them.
– Applicants must be able to pass a USA Swimming background check prior to final hire.
– Preferred start date is April 5th.
For more information about the Marlins, visit our website at www.cincy-marlins.com
with True North Sports
Open to Assistants of ALL Sports!
True North Sports is Accepting Applications for:
The Assistant Coach Immersion Program (ACIP)
- To read more about ACIP please click here:https://truenorthsports.
- To watch ACIP Promo Video click here: https://player.vimeo.
- For FAQ’s please visit: https://
- 2016 ACIP Application: https://
● ACIP is educational training designed to develop assistant coaches at the collegiate level with a focus on self-awareness, leadership theory, management strategies, philosophy and team culture development.
● Innovative yearlong program that brings coaches of all sports together for people skill building and professional coaching community engagement. ACIP is a hybrid program with both in-person training along with virtual training.
● This program is open to men and women assistant coaches of ALL sports.
● ACIP utilizes the Coaching COMPASS Assessment to provide a roadmap for your individual and unique coach development needs.
● The Coaching COMPASS assesses the following seven areas…
○ Organization, Management, Leadership…
○ Moral and Character Skills…
○ Associations and Relationships…
○ Sport IQ
● Program helps prepare assistants to move into head coaching role when they feel ready
● If assistant is not interested in being a head coach, it will help them become the best assistant coach they can be.
● Being an assistant in current system is NOT a true apprenticeship to becoming a head coach.
● Most coach development programs are geared towards the X’s and O’s of their sport and not the people skills needed.
● This program not only builds skills, it also introduces coaches to a community of other professional coaches where they can give and receive support and share innovative ideas in recruiting, team building, communication and how to move through sometimes difficult ethical situations assistants sometimes find themselves in.
Questions? [email protected]
with Truckee Tahoe Swim Team
Lead Age Group Coach Responsibilities:
- Work successfully with our Head Coach and volunteer Board of Directors.
- Recruit new athletes to join team and build community enthusiasm and team camaraderie.
- Develop TTST swimmers’ full potential through refined stroke technique and training
- Maintain a positive attitude and set an example of good sportsmanship, and teach our athletes how to achieve excellence “ in and out of the pool”.
- Parent correspondence/email communication and education.
- Help organize team wide activities etc.
Lead Age Group Coach Requirements:
- Current USA swimming Coach and in good standings with USA Swimming (Background, CPR, First aid, etc)
- Proven success coaching age group swimmers (5 to 14 years old)
- On deck 3 hours/day 5 days a week Monday- Friday and available to assist at swim meets.
Compensation: Based on Experience
with Goldfish Swim School
Goldfish Swim School – Burlington, MA
Goldfish Swim School is looking for fun and energetic Swim Instructors with a sincere love of children and swimming. With our changing cabanas, 90 degree pool, and palm tree we created our own tropical get away just for kids.
Responsibilities/ Qualities we are Looking for
•Friendly instructors to teach kids our curriculum
•Able to effectively communicate with both the students and their parents
•Strong work ethic
•FUN, we want this to be as enjoyable an experience for the students and you as it can be
Benefits for YOU
•Developing strong communication skills, with parents and children, in an educational setting
•The responsibilities learned at this jobs will transfer to others in the future
•The opportunity for growth and development in an expanding company
If you meet all the time requirements above, are a team player, energetic, easy going and are enthusiastic to work with children and make a difference in their lives then this is the job for you! Please note this is a part-time position. Willing to train the right person with a swimming background and/or experience working with children.
Please send your resume detailing your strengths and experiences that would make you a perfect fit for our team here at Goldfish Swim School of Burlington. Please detail your day and time availability. Check out our website at Goldfishswimschool.com. Thank you!
Swim-Team.US currently serves 600 summer league, high school and year round swim teams. We are looking for an experienced sales person to help us significantly accelerate growth. If you are a seasoned sales person, a swimming enthusiast and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then this is a great opportunity for you to be a part of something special in the swimming space.
As a sales professional, we will look to you to have overall responsibility for meeting sales goals through marketing, channel strategies, finding and acquiring sales targets and closing deals. Compensation will include a base salary, commission and the potential for equity stake in the company.
- 5+ years professional sales experience
- Atlanta area – you can work from anywhere, but we will want to meet in person on a regular basis
- Current or former swimmer, swim coach, swim parent and/or parent volunteer and team management
with Fl. Bubbles Swim School
We at Bubbles Swim School are a team of professionals dedicated to teaching swimming to babies as young as six months old, as well as toddlers, children and adults. Our objective is that they learn how to swim in ten lessons.
We have 26 years of teaching experience; and 8 years in Miami, we have competed as swimmers and we have taught more than 3000 students in the last 4 years in Miami how to swim.
We think that learning this discipline is essential in Florida. Our mission is to ensure that as many children and adults as possible be safe in and around the water.
Our Swim school is looking for Water Safety Instructors, Lifeguards and Camp Coordinators to hire right away, and for our 3 summer camps with aquatic programs. Pay scale is $10 – $18 an hour based on experience.
with The Bolles School
*******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******
The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,650 day and boarding students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 on four campuses. Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service. Students can pursue their interests and learn to balance a rich variety of activities.
Our students also learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion. These same qualities are nurtured within our Swim programs.
Purpose: To support the School’s interscholastic and club swim program. This position will be working with a team of 10-15 coaches and approximately 400 swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- Coaching experience in swimming required
- Well rounded knowledge of physical conditioning methods
- Prior success as a competitive swimmer at the club or collegiate level desired
- A passion for the sport and hands-on ability and willingness to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential
- Experience with independent school programs and adolescents preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in state, national, and international swim programs
- Positive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills
- Professional behaviors consistent with USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics; NFHS, FINA, and FHSAA Regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification, USA Swimming Coaches Safety Training, USA Swimming Athletes Protection, USA Swimming Background Check, and pre-employment background and drug screen required (training will be provided, if necessary)
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
- Communicates well, works congenially, and deals effectively with all school personnel and families, as well as with the larger business and educational community
- Performs other duties as requested
- Serve as assistant coach to Bolles Senior Program
- Assist in creating seasonal, weekly, and daily practice to include aquatic and dry-land training
- Assist with on-deck coaching of Senior Program
- Assist in parent communication for all matters related to training and swimmers’ physical/mental development
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure proper athlete development over a long term timeline
- Work with athletes on: Goal setting, nutrition, mental preparation, understanding long-term development and planning, etc.
- Manage athletes’ meet entries
- Supervise athletes at competitions, including general warm-up, specific race warm-up/warm-down, race preparation and race analysis
- Assist with developing various camp offering including creating groups, developing programming, identifying and booking venues for activities
- Coach various summer camp groups of all ages and ability levels
Housing may be available via the School’s Resident Life Program.
with Smoky Mountain Aquatic Club
Smoky Mountain Aquatic Club is a USA Swim Club located in Waynesville, NC. The team is looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and energetic assistant coach. SMAC is a growing team full of athletes of all abilities ranging from Senior Sectional qualifiers to state championship level age groupers to novice swimmers mastering all 4 strokes. We are a coach run and board operated team. Our facility is a 25 yard indoor pool located in the heart of the beautiful Smoky Mountains about 25min from Asheville, NC. SMAC has a rich history of fast swimming, complete with many scholarship level athletes, olympic trials athletes, and state champions. With the help of a charismatic, knowledgeable leader, SMAC is looking to continue the trend into the future!
The right candidate will be able to have this job turn into a full time position.
We’re looking for a qualified assistant to work directly with the head coach. The assistant would be mainly responsible for the development of our younger athletes while assisting with Senior Group workouts. Experience with the development of the 12 and under age group is a priority. The coach should have a very strong sense of community.
Responsibilities would include:
– Running, coordinating and designing practices for 14 and under swimmers.
– Attending meets
– Helping athletes set goals and track progress for 14 and unders for both Long Course and Short Course season
– Being energetic, passionate and willing to learn.
– Consulting with parents with meetings about individual athlete issues, progress and/or goal setting.
– Bachelors degree.
– 2 years of experience as a lead group coach with a USA swimming club or similar.
– knowledge of appropriate stroke development, technique and training philosophies.
– will be expected to be a USA Swimming Certified coach with proper certifications including CPR, Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, and a USA swimming background check.
– knowledge of TeamUnify and/or Team Manager a plus.